Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh yeah I wasn't saying it's not "easy" it's just tedious. It's not even remotely fun or interesting. I hand out around rank 20 in the arena and it doesn't matter if I'm rank 20 or 200 the difficulty is the exact same.

gently caress GW.... But I need the sweet sweet credits Rey is gonna be 7* tomorrow and RG right after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Twigand Berries posted:

So my iphone took a swim today and I have replaced it. Having never logged into game center (because it's obnoxious and annoying) it turns out my account is gone for good. I'm going to fire off one last email pleading for help, but most likely I'm out. QGJ, if I haven't logged in for awhile, please feel free to remove me.

E: Yup. It's gone. They offered me 10000 crystals for a new account. I've been playing for seven or eight months. I'm a whale. 10000 crystals is nothing. Feel free to boot Cap'n Kirk. It's been fun.

Ouch. No iTunes backup or local backup for 8 months? Did you link Facebook? Can they find by that?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Hughlander posted:

Ouch. No iTunes backup or local backup for 8 months? Did you link Facebook? Can they find by that?

I did link Facebook, but they seemed to ignore that. I was talking to India so getting information was hard. I think I'm hosed.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Twigand Berries posted:

So my iphone took a swim today and I have replaced it. Having never logged into game center (because it's obnoxious and annoying) it turns out my account is gone for good. I'm going to fire off one last email pleading for help, but most likely I'm out. QGJ, if I haven't logged in for awhile, please feel free to remove me.

E: Yup. It's gone. They offered me 10000 crystals for a new account. I've been playing for seven or eight months. I'm a whale. 10000 crystals is nothing. Feel free to boot Cap'n Kirk. It's been fun.

If you're a whale and they KNOW this, I can't believe they can't take care you and rebuild your roster, crystals do jack poo poo when you have to rebuild from scratch. That stinks. I would post something on the official forums and get someone from CG/EA to take care of you, forget the outsourced Indian guys

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

oops wrong forum posted:

If you're a whale and they KNOW this, I can't believe they can't take care you and rebuild your roster, crystals do jack poo poo when you have to rebuild from scratch. That stinks. I would post something on the official forums and get someone from CG/EA to take care of you, forget the outsourced Indian guys

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/42880/giving-it-one-last-shot-here#latest

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Not sure what i've done different but GW has always been a fun 25-30 minutes for me. Maybe min/maxing has something to do with it? I just unlock whatever characters I think are fun, rather than optimizing.

The only weird thing is that every now and then the fourth-to-last battle is crazy hard. I sometimes have to sacrifice my B and C teams to get past that - once past the rest isn't usually a problem.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Apparently gw fills out teams based on your best 5s power level, so if youre building up 20 different heroes its gonna be easier because you wont outpace your backup teams and your power level wont be at its theoretical best based on your level.

If you have 5 rly good heroes and a bunch of neglected stuff gw sucks rear end. You have to stop levelling your best 5 for a bit and let your team catch up.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Even worse when you are like me and focus on non-meta characters, because apparently power is all that matters for GW matchmaking even though the number means absolutely nothing.

Clearly my 7400 power Nightsister Initiate is equal to Rey :getin:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Jerkface posted:

Apparently gw fills out teams based on your best 5s power level, so if youre building up 20 different heroes its gonna be easier because you wont outpace your backup teams and your power level wont be at its theoretical best based on your level.

If you have 5 rly good heroes and a bunch of neglected stuff gw sucks rear end. You have to stop levelling your best 5 for a bit and let your team catch up.

This is good advice; thank you. Though Galactic Chore has gotten far easier with Luminara, even at 3 stars and I boosted her to 4 stars this morning.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Do you think its worth replacing a 7* / g8/ lvl 70 sid with a 5* / g8 / lvl 70 rey in arena? Or should i just wait till she gets a 6th star.

Current team is phasma (l), lumi, geo soldat, qui gon, sid. All gear 8/7 star/lvl 70ish

Looking to replace sid with rey and lumi with rg or st han eventually.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Jerkface posted:

Do you think its worth replacing a 7* / g8/ lvl 70 sid with a 5* / g8 / lvl 70 rey in arena?

gently caress yeah!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

KingOfTheTramps posted:

gently caress yeah!

Doesn't get more succinct than that.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

rabidsquid posted:

Do you seriously not have a B team that can deal with this

Not one that can actually land a stun or resist a dot.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile in Star Trek Timelines:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

Meanwhile in Star Trek Timelines:

That's a beautiful error for a Star Trek game :v:

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I have received an email from EA support stating that if I screenshot every single purchase I've made from iTunes they would put them all on a brand new account....so a poo poo ton of crystals, but I would have to start afresh.

Is this game that fun? I gotta think about it. It would be funny to be brand new with seven months of whale purchases all at once. I basically spent my first three months leveling lovely characters anyway.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Just remembering all the challenges I've sat through on autofight makes me mad. Knowing most of them were pointless doesn't really make me feel better.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
Adding myself to the spreadsheet + looking to see if any guild has a spot open atm. TIA.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Twigand Berries posted:

I have received an email from EA support stating that if I screenshot every single purchase I've made from iTunes they would put them all on a brand new account....so a poo poo ton of crystals, but I would have to start afresh.

Is this game that fun? I gotta think about it. It would be funny to be brand new with seven months of whale purchases all at once. I basically spent my first three months leveling lovely characters anyway.

gently caress that, send them screenshots of your purchases and ask for refunds, if they can't restore your account. Were you in a guild, so someone can look-up your player ID?

did you ever sync your profile to this?

https://swgoh.gg/g/385/qui-goonjinn/

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 26, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
We have enough currency for a T6. Should I start it?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Any idea how the ally system works? Does it just show the leader or best character from your ally's roster, or does it mix it up sometimes? Cause all I'm seeing now is Phasma, Phasma, Phasma, Phasma, Sid, Phasma, Phasma, Doku, Phasma...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

Any idea how the ally system works? Does it just show the leader or best character from your ally's roster, or does it mix it up sometimes? Cause all I'm seeing now is Phasma, Phasma, Phasma, Phasma, Sid, Phasma, Phasma, Doku, Phasma...

It's whoever that person used the last time they participated in that mission type. So, if you ran Phasma lead in your last DS mission, then if anyone else borrows from you when they do a DS mission, they'll get your Phasma. Seems like there are four categories for this: DS, LS, Cantina, and Challenges.

Also, someone started a T6 in IGD. GO!

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Disco De Soto posted:

I believe it detects whoever your last used leader was for each team and sets that as your ally or arena defense team. Which is annoying when you want to tweak your arena defense since you can't do so without having available attacks.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
Man raids are a pain. T5 is over so fast it's hard to get two turns in, and my T6 squad just did 833 dmg I believe before wipe.

I feel there is far too much of a difficulty gap between the two, or I'm just terrible at this game. Yeah, it's probably just that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
remove me from the guild, I think I'm done with this crap.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Avail posted:

Man raids are a pain. T5 is over so fast it's hard to get two turns in, and my T6 squad just did 833 dmg I believe before wipe.

I feel there is far too much of a difficulty gap between the two, or I'm just terrible at this game. Yeah, it's probably just that.

The folks who were blowing out the guard section of the T5 fights have done a good job dealing with it in T6. It's almost done. Past experience is that the Rancor is simpler for teams not oriented to fighting the guards. I think there's a good chance of clearing this in 2 days.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I think that once more people start hitting 80 that T6 will become the norm and will become easy enough. The only problem is, once you hit 80 then you really start to feel the grind and the game becomes just a lot less fun in general.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Davethulhu posted:

The folks who were blowing out the guard section of the T5 fights have done a good job dealing with it in T6. It's almost done. Past experience is that the Rancor is simpler for teams not oriented to fighting the guards. I think there's a good chance of clearing this in 2 days.

It is a huge difference though. My team that did 1.2 million in phase one last time only managed 133k. I think different teams are needed for sure, and Teebo's TM reduction is very spotty on T6 raid.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hixalot posted:

It is a huge difference though. My team that did 1.2 million in phase one last time only managed 133k. I think different teams are needed for sure, and Teebo's TM reduction is very spotty on T6 raid.

Yeah, I think what most top guilds do is use Phasma L with high damage dealers.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Hixalot posted:

Teebo can't do it on his own like he can in T5, but with QGJ and Yoda for extra TM and Fives for slow/assists and Rey for damage he's still the lynchpin against T6 pigs if you don't have Rex.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Hello all

Just added myself to the spreadsheet. I suck at the game but I love to catch'em all. I know it's probably the worst strategy, but I don't want to pay for this game anyway. I'm a cheap bastard

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

oops wrong forum posted:

Teebo can't do it on his own like he can in T5, but with QGJ and Yoda for extra TM and Fives for slow/assists and Rey for damage he's still the lynchpin against T6 pigs if you don't have Rex.

Was using Teebo, Fives, Phasma, Leia (hoping for more damage than Rey due to buffing others) & QGJ. Probably should have had Lumi in there for heals instead of Leia (or Rey for the chance at evade, but then would still be missing heals)

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Grimlook posted:

Hello all

Just added myself to the spreadsheet. I suck at the game but I love to catch'em all. I know it's probably the worst strategy, but I don't want to pay for this game anyway. I'm a cheap bastard

Don't think it's possible to catch'em all without paying :( the newer characters are usually pay only to start with.

But welcome!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I have been testing this and with tab and ularg help I have all but confirmed that you can manipulate your gw difficulty through your arena teams power. You will still get some "gently caress you" fights but the level spread becomes huge so you get way more easy teams. All you have to do is keep your arena team about 1-2k in power below your gw teams power. From what I can tell it widens the range of teams you are. I will stress this is 1.5 months of testing in my account and just statements that it was easier on theirs so grain of salt and all that.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress that, send them screenshots of your purchases and ask for refunds, if they can't restore your account. Were you in a guild, so someone can look-up your player ID?

did you ever sync your profile to this?

https://swgoh.gg/g/385/qui-goonjinn/

Well, my saga has concluded. Apple just refunded me every last cent I spent on this game. Which, looking at this dollar amount, means I need to reevaluate my life choices.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Twigand Berries posted:

looking at this dollar amount

Well, don't leave us hanging....

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Malgrin posted:

Well, don't leave us hanging....

This is over six months mind you: $597

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I like Star Wars mans. And they literally design these games to "exploit" people with my personality.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Twigand Berries posted:

I like Star Wars mans. And they literally design these games to "exploit" people with my personality.

Eh, I was expecting a much bigger number. I've spent more than I'd like, which is still less than $100, and that's saying something because this game is designed to exploit people like myself too.

Glad you were able to get all that back, and just think, now you can buy 10 AAA games instead :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Malgrin posted:

Glad you were able to get all that back, and just think, now you can buy 10 AAA games instead :D

Or you can invest in some spaceship jpgs. I hear Star Citizen has some lovely packages on sale.

Inkel fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 27, 2016