Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PBS Newshour posted:

Also Pera you are suppose to claim your role before the frustrated self vote.

are you even reading my posts, or are you just sitting there coming up with more ridiculous poo poo to throw at me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

peramene posted:

was actually asking anarc what the gently caress replacing out meant to see if that was more viable but she assures me i'm doing fine

now that allegations of cheating are out of the way

##unvote

you're behaving like an rear end in a top hat pbs

And now she just resorts to personal attacks.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

peramene posted:

are you even reading my posts, or are you just sitting there coming up with more ridiculous poo poo to throw at me

Yes I am that is how I know that even despite the mounting pressure against you instead of putting up a reasonable defense you are playing the part of a victim.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
everybody chill out and smoke some :420:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Mod I think you might find that everyone is perfectly chill, even Pera, who is using what the actors call "the method"

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PBS Newshour posted:

Yes I am that is how I know that even despite the mounting pressure against you instead of putting up a reasonable defense you are playing the part of a victim.

in the interest of encouraging you to be helpful, did ya notice my attempt to claim?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, because none of the people who did it are adult enough, I deeply apologize for what happened Parameme. It wasn't fair to assume you cheated, and I hope it doesn't color your opinion on the game. People here just run with whatever they can latch onto and sometimes instead of being calm a moment and talking about serious allegations, like cheating, they assume people are just being lovely and become shittier. So again, I apologize.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

peramene posted:

in the interest of encouraging you to be helpful, did ya notice my attempt to claim?

I only notice what is five feet in front of me please claim now along with your flavor, aka the non mechanical part of the role aka the character you are

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

You know what PBS, this is all starting to feel like a really scummy player manipulating a newbie into a role claim. Parameme, you don't have to tell anyone anything.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, because none of the people who did it are adult enough, I deeply apologize for what happened Parameme. It wasn't fair to assume you cheated, and I hope it doesn't color your opinion on the game. People here just run with whatever they can latch onto and sometimes instead of being calm a moment and talking about serious allegations, like cheating, they assume people are just being lovely and become shittier. So again, I apologize.

to be frank in the exact same situation but with our positions reversed, I would likely have reacted the exact same way AR did. but thank you regardless LD

LD, PBS is asking me to - as I understand it - reveal the details of my role PM. is this a thing i should do, especially considering my role has no special capabilities to aid town

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
im tired

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Li Dawny posted:

You know what PBS, this is all starting to feel like a really scummy player manipulating a newbie into a role claim. Parameme, you don't have to tell anyone anything.

She hasn't told anyone anything.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh she is claiming vanilla town

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
here I'll claim to help you not feel alone

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I am happy to fully claim following PBS' unjustified onslaught, I just want to be sure I don't actually accidentally break rules and/or screw town over

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Absurd Revolver posted:

here I'll claim to help you not feel alone

I'm a dog with a bonnet

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

peramene posted:

to be frank in the exact same situation but with our positions reversed, I would likely have reacted the exact same way AR did. but thank you regardless LD

LD, PBS is asking me to - as I understand it - reveal the details of my role PM. is this a thing i should do, especially considering my role has no special capabilities to aid town

Never, NEVER, role claim unless you 100% have to. And even then you should probably lie.
Because I didn't put it in the other one ##vote PBS

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
consider it my apology for jumping on you like that

##unvote

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There is nothing justified in mafia.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

everybody chill out and smoke some :420:

I don't have a job or money :(

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
can all the lurkers die i bet we win when that happens

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I appreciate your advice Li Dawny but I think I will take the risk in light of AR's claim especially

all is forgiven, AR. cheating is horseshit

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
lol no one said it was cheating.

It is just messed up.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

PBS Newshour posted:

There is nothing justified in mafia.

what if it's Justified Mafia?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't have a job or money :(

get one or both imho

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Absurd Revolver posted:

what if it's Justified Mafia?

That is a good show

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

It is just messed up.

Seriously? Changing someone's vote to keep yourself from being lynched is cheating by the most basic of definitions.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapitalistPig posted:

It is just messed up.

Ie, when I voted bazinga someone change it to my name and the mod counted it and I got voted out of the game.

Its really a mod by mod case and its just a grey area no one flat out considers cheating it seems

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

It is just messed up.

From my still limited and inexperienced understanding of the mechanics of it, it sure would be, because it sounds like it's possible to trick someone into voting for person A when they intend to vote person B

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Li Dawny posted:

Seriously? Changing someone's vote to keep yourself from being lynched is cheating by the most basic of definitions.

Well vote finder just keeps tracks of votes, like you are not ltierally going backwards in time and changing the vote someone cast by messing with alias.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm sorry folks, I've been busy all day but will be back tonight.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
hey PBS

maybe you should actually claim

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
wow i can't believe how many people are capitalizing her p

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm sorry folks, I've been busy all day but will be back tonight.

##vote MT

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

PBS Newshour posted:

Well vote finder just keeps tracks of votes, like you are not ltierally going backwards in time and changing the vote someone cast by messing with alias.

How many GMs go through every single post to verify that each vote matches up with votefinder before submitting a flip? I can't believe that were even having this conversation.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

hey PBS

seconding this request

i wasn't gonna say anything 'cuz I'm trying to learn and focus but "Parameme" is the single worst way it's ever been misspelled and yet i laughed so hard

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Absurd Revolver posted:

hey PBS

am I at -1

i'll flavor claim, i am nana i help the darling children

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I had an entire conversation with her about it and she game me permission, so nyah.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

PBS Newshour posted:

am I at -1

i'll flavor claim, i am nana i help the darling children

yeah no, post a pic or get dicked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Li Dawny posted:

How many GMs go through every single post to verify that each vote matches up with votefinder before submitting a flip? I can't believe that were even having this conversation.

most people just know not to do it and if a vote happens where someone voted someone tehy know they are not voting they would just say so

• Locked thread