Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I don't know if House of the Dying Sun will be any good but whoever designed that trailer deserves an award because it got me all sorts of hyped for a blocky space combat game. I haven't played a game like that since Freespace 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I think the super scummyness of this image is being lost on a lot of commandos

She knows there are mentally challenged people who will literally spend their entire months savings on a new ship, simply because she 'bought' one

Next she will tell everyone if they buy 5 of 'insert ship here' she will Skype with them for 10 seconds

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it never really clicked with me that people are attracted to her and would buy ships to please her until that picture was posted tbh.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

it never really clicked with me that people are attracted to her and would buy ships to please her until that picture was posted tbh.

I know, it's hard for me to believe too

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
lol at the people in this very thread who have outed themselves as thinking she's attractive.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

lol at the people in this very thread who have outed themselves as thinking she's attractive.

she's not ugly (physically) but she's also not as hot as she thinks her super airbrushed photos are

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I just saw the new X-Men and hated Olivia Munn in it because she looks like Sandi before seeing the ark of the covenant.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
would probably be hotter if she just owned up to her age (probably early 40s)

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Citizens are desperate people who were quick to give money to bettysbigtits. Of course they're in love with Sandi.

Did she pretend to be single before the marriage reveal?

In other news I just paid $8 for the goat game. Very satisfied.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Some more Solar Plebeian immersive cockpit UI animations. I see Goat Citizen has beaten me to the punch, but they will never match my fidelity. MAYBE Rockstar might one day be able to catch up to the incredible immersion we're dealing with here at Solar Plebeian, INC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f_mPmbSots

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

MilesK posted:

Citizens are desperate people who were quick to give money to bettysbigtits. Of course they're in love with Sandi.

this is very valid. Like I'm sorry to be a dick but I think you'd have to be autistic to fall for something like that. Incredibly naive at the least, but most of these people reminisce about their glory days playing Wing Commander 20 years ago. I think at some point you'd gain some cynicism.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

moonraker posted:

Dear me just had a quick flick through ATV they really need to change their cook book, was one long sales pitch

1. Hype about content thats already overdue and will be a let down - Check

2. Hype about a new ships to sell you-Check

3. Another staff member promoted to director of some thing-check

4. Update from a entire studio who's focus is a 3D shopping experience-check

5. Notable absence of CR talking about anything to do with reality-check

6. Another needles cross Atlantic trip for marketing at backers expense-check

Zain Bein is a human manifestation of all thats wrong with this project . No experience what so ever in making games are a UI for games. History of some cool after effects UI for iron man .
Spent the last 3 years picking up a pay check for what ? The holotable and the shity 3d UI interface that almost every body hates when is the penny going to drop no one wants
to interact with a ironman hud while they play a game .

So they hire a few new people with experience of making a UI for a game and good old Zain get promoted to UI creative director ?? I mean wtf is that all about ? My guess a excuse to vastly overpay him his worth at the expense of the backers . Basically been kept on board to help CR create his 3d film UI . Guy is on another planet a cross between CR and SG and another reason this project is doomed

Zane Bien is a really nice guy and Star Citizen is such an immense clusterfuck of mismanagement that I'm glad he's pulling in a bigger paycheck. He works his rear end off and it's not his fault Chris is a loving idiot who can't let people do their jobs.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

She knows there are mentally challenged people who will literally spend their entire months savings on a new ship, simply because she 'bought' one

Next she will tell everyone if they buy 5 of 'insert ship here' she will Skype with them for 10 seconds

But.... Will she be wearing anything but just a flag? Asking for a friend....

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

Some more Solar Plebeian immersive cockpit UI animations. I see Goat Citizen has beaten me to the punch, but they will never match my fidelity. MAYBE Rockstar might one day be able to catch up to the incredible immersion we're dealing with here at Solar Plebeian, INC.

All aligned properly. There goes MAH EMMERZHUN!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah I am a massive loyal fanatic of this product and I spend hours defending it on forums but if the poo poo hits the fan then see you later shitlords

loving :lol:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Toops posted:

i like the panel second from the right, it looks like it's just slapping around everywhere and i love it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hard saying. All I know is I'm going to get to know Captain Morgan quite well to play through this mocapped abortion.

You should try Kraken, if you haven't already.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That's so loving cringey.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FrankieGoes posted:

That's so loving cringey.

If she was actually standing in that pose without leaning on something she'd fall over.

Actually I'd assume the source image is someone not her leaning on something with her head pasted on, to be honest.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

TheLastRoboKy posted:

That second point is a goddamn elbow drop off the top rope onto Double Fine.

Was thinking the same, but wasn't sure if it's just my DF bitterness or an actual jab.
Man, gently caress DF.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

:laffo:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

What was the name of the guy that became a goon and did his best to support the game, the one that said Sandi was a legit wonderful person IRL because he got two different emails from her and saw her from across the room at a citizencon?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

FrankieGoes posted:

What was the name of the guy that became a goon and did his best to support the game, the one that said Sandi was a legit wonderful person IRL because he got two different emails from her and saw her from across the room at a citizencon?

Fuzzy Modem

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I played some Goat Citizen a bit and I didn't find it super-duper funny, but there was still a lot to like about it. I got all the stretch goals and killed crobber. And that white knight, holy poo poo, I never felt so dirty after interacting with a video game character before. And then I saw his room and super yuck.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

Make one continue spinning loosely around its Z axis at the end of its motion.
Like, after all of them have settled, one continues to spin a circle or two like a little windmill, before it slows down (oriented correctly but askew). While making a creaking noise.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

FrankieGoes posted:

You should try Kraken, if you haven't already.

Heh, I know you are a good man when one gives a reference to the Kraken.

:five:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

FrankieGoes posted:

hombre31. He is still around in twitch streams.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

alf_pogs posted:

i like the panel second from the right, it looks like it's just slapping around everywhere and i love it

lol thanks. Yeah honestly animation test is playing it in camera perspective mode, and if it makes me laugh, it's on the right track.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

orcinus posted:

Make one continue spinning loosely around its Z axis at the end of its motion.
Like, after all of them have settled, one continues to spin a circle or two like a little windmill, before it slows down (oriented correctly but askew). While making a creaking noise.

That's great. Or one that just spins faster and faster then breaks off the support and flies out of frame.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

AlmightyPants posted:

I played some Goat Citizen a bit and I didn't find it super-duper funny, but there was still a lot to like about it. I got all the stretch goals and killed crobber. And that white knight, holy poo poo, I never felt so dirty after interacting with a video game character before. And then I saw his room and super yuck.

I can't stand playing Goat Citizen for more than five minutes at a time because it makes me motion sick somehow, so please tell me more about these things and provide screenshots, in return I will probably go "Noice" or just say "Thanks".

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

sanctimoniousqfd posted:

Quality release there CIG. This went via QA and the Evocati? Or are you intermittently hitting the panic "RELEASE" button every 24 hours now?

They only opened the PTU up to non-evocati because citizens were starting to turn on the game. They have a habit of trying to prove the doubters wrong by releasing something half baked. Something specifically about 2.4 is loving things up. The previous 2.x patches have been released to public by now, and their point releases didn't regress in the way that 2.4 has. If it were up to CIG, I doubt they would have moved the game out of evocati for another week or so in order to target a public release in mid-late June. That way they can give themselves a 'headstart' to get a small 2.5 release out in July.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

alf_pogs posted:

I think my personal fave is the one on the far right, how it goes the wrong way and slams into the console, gets me every time.

Animation is insanely fun. Like, as you're doing it, you get these little ideas that give you other ideas, etc.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Just streamed Goat Sim again. Instantly more viewers than SC.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

FrankieGoes posted:

That was Fuzzy Modem.

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015

Tokamak posted:

They only opened the PTU up to non-evocati because citizens were starting to turn on the game. They have a habit of trying to prove the doubters wrong by releasing something half baked. Something specifically about 2.4 is loving things up. The previous 2.x patches have been released to public by now, and their point releases didn't regress in the way that 2.4 has. If it were up to CIG, I doubt they would have moved the game out of evocati for another week or so in order to target a public release in mid-late June. That way they can give themselves a 'headstart' to get a small 2.5 release out in July.

But if they'd delayed by another week, they wouldn't have been able to prove that Evocati Redditor a liar and removed his hurtful post!!

Here's the thing - it WAS up to CIG... it has been up to CIG and nobody but CIG since 2012, but somehow they consistently managed to gently caress up, at EVERY turn, and make themselves look like utter fools by never owning their mistakes. They flail around for a bit then blame the impatient backers for not waiting until the DREAMS were fully baked, or even claim that what the backers have been waiting for is something they already have! All the while repeatedly falling back to the same dirty JPEG selling tactics to get spergs to empty their wallets at them whilst they wait an indeterminate amount of time for someone who has delivered sweet gently caress all of a revolutionary gaming experience since the early 90s (WC 3 & 4 were only really revolutionary in their overblown budgets and amount of cheesy sci-fi FMV) to deliver his DREAMS.

They have nobody but themselves to blame for how shoddy 2.4 is, how shoddy all the 2.x's were really, and how they are now being rapidly overtaken by multiple AAA and indie studios. I hope those at the top responsible for this clown show get exactly what they deserve.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
hey mark, i'm serious though

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TTerrible posted:

Just streamed Goat Sim again. Instantly more viewers than SC.

Because as crazy as Goat Sim is, it was, well entertaining.

Meanwhile we have that literary/journalist/master of transcription known as Dolvak.

He's basically the Twitch version of some fat chick mounting the pole during amateur night at the nudie bar. Suddenly everyone finds something else to look at.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Colostomy Bag posted:

Because as crazy as Goat Sim is, it was, well entertaining.

Meanwhile we have that literary/journalist/master of transcription known as Dolvak.

He's basically the Twitch version of some fat chick mounting the pole during amateur night at the nudie bar. Suddenly everyone finds something else to look at.

Honestly, I'd give that my full attention. Will the pole hold, will she have the necessary endurance, what will happen?

I'd be entranced

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Warframe delivered on the promised features. Behold the hammer. Other parts will follow as soon as the RNG becomes more co-operative.
Changes to Volt and Mag have been delayed...

...for a day. Crazy, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

would probably be hotter if she just owned up to her age (probably early 40s)
She looks like 1939 in Poland

• Locked thread