Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

PBS Newshour posted:

most people just know not to do it and if a vote happens where someone voted someone tehy know they are not voting they would just say so

But if I hadn't brought it up no one would have realized it. And I had to bring it up repeatedly before it was even addressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ru roah

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
anyone got some nana snacks and who wants to solve some mysteries

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Wow well this game sure got heated while I've been away.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Ninth Layer posted:

Wow well this game sure got heated while I've been away.

i got called an rear end in a top hat, intense times in the mafia games

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote Murmur Twin

I like capps' case on her, like capps in general for the hustle this game. I think it's scummy that Murmur Twin opened up the day with a vote on Jimson who was arguably candidate #2 after Infinitum yesterday, and I also think it's scummy for her to have dropped that suspicion so quickly.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
peramene rhymes with gucci mane thats a good way to keep her name str8 in ur head

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

PBS Newshour posted:

i got called an rear end in a top hat, intense times in the mafia games

Oh the good old days of playing with Dominoes :allears:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

fair enough

also what up fellow dog-like

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

peramene rhymes with gucci mane thats a good way to keep her name str8 in ur head

Li Dawny posted:

Dongsbot is an amazing person

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
anyone remember that time someone said merk must be a bad lawyer who got a lot of innocent people in jail because of how bad he was at mafia

that is my favorite "heated" moment in mafia history because it came out of nowhere lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Absurd Revolver posted:

fair enough

also what up fellow dog-like

Looking forward to MT coming back so we can finally get somewhere

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh man I wasn't around for that. You got a link?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

PBS Newshour posted:

anyone remember that time someone said merk must be a bad lawyer who got a lot of innocent people in jail because of how bad he was at mafia

that is my favorite "heated" moment in mafia history because it came out of nowhere lol

apparently jedit told some guy his girlfriend deserved to have cancer?

that seems pretty peak mafia

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Absurd Revolver posted:

You should ask CPig about these peak mafia moments

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
PBS, I'm sorry I said you were behaving like an rear end in a top hat. I was still mad at you for calling me an idiot earlier and felt super vindicated once the alias thing was resolved.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I've heard some rumors about lumpen saying some poo poo about someone

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I was making a joke about how that was incredibly tame

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, I'm calling it a night. I still think PBS is scumlord so vote for him please.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PBS Newshour posted:

I was making a joke about how that was incredibly tame

Well, I wasn't making a joke apology. I'm lame, whatever.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I've heard some rumors about lumpen saying some poo poo about someone

They must be nonsense, because if he'd actually said it, it would've been organized into a list.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Sorry folks, I had real life stuff going on today. Didn't mean to leave people hanging on the edges of their seats!

PBS Newshour posted:

Infi got bus, MT was on that bus. Just look at how the momentum of day one went and Infi's reaction to it. MT is suspicous, mentions the vote and how i wasn't on it, which is more saying "hey look i was on this vote" then actually saying anything about me. Posts like they're playing but isn't actually engage in anything. Some reactions to my vote suggests I am right on the money but they can't fully retaliate cause it would look like a panic.

That's all fair enough - I acknoweldge that I opened the day with a vote on you (for not casing people + not being involved in the Infi vote), and after seeing the day play out I'm more leaning town. I think PBS is wrong about pera who reads completely like "newbie town frustrated that people don't believe her".

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote Murmur Twin

I like capps' case on her, like capps in general for the hustle this game. I think it's scummy that Murmur Twin opened up the day with a vote on Jimson who was arguably candidate #2 after Infinitum yesterday, and I also think it's scummy for her to have dropped that suspicion so quickly.

You think it's scummy that I opened up with a vote on my candidate #2 after my candidate #1 was found out to be scum? :crossarms: And then that I didn't continue to case a player who hasn't posted anything while simutaneously asking the mod if they're going to be modkilled? What exactly about those moves do you not think a town player would do?

That's a fake opinion. ##vote TNL And since I'm sure you're going to follow up with an accusation of OMGUS, I promise I would think that case was fake no matter who you made it on.

I'm re-reading the game before hitting the hay tonight and should be around all day tomorrow.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

flerp posted:

legit though i dont rly know what the gently caress is going on nobody has anything

Flerp would be my second pick for scum with the caveat that I don't think we've ever played together and I'm not sure if his posting this game is par for the course. With the exception of the hammer on infinitum I haven't really seen anything in the way of an opinion about who scum might be, and usually when I see people justifying their not having an opinion they're usually scum.

Flerp - is your vote on PBS serious? If so, why do you think she's scum? If not, you is your strongest suspect right now?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

PBS Newshour posted:

Infi got bus, MT was on that bus. Just look at how the momentum of day one went and Infi's reaction to it.

What is it about my suspicion on Infi and/or Infi's reaction that looked like a bus to you? Obviously the vote where I followed dongs was a jokevote, but I don't feel like there was any real momentum on Infinitum when I made my actual case (which was that trying to use postcounts on D1 to justify a vote is something I've seen scum do in the past).

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

I would much rather Lynch some lurkers. Although the lovers quarrel is entertaining.

Lurkers such as:

Jimson
Peremene
Chic trombone
The ninth layer

Murmur Twin posted:

I believe they're all American? But actually, after thinking about it I feel like taking out a lurker is fine and I'm in favor of ##vote Jimson

The Ninth Layer posted:

Blatant bandwagon voting. ##vote Murmur Twin

Moatillata names four lurkers. I agree that voting for a lurker, at a time in the game where there was very little to go off, is a good thing and vote on Jimson. TNL votes me for bandwagoning. Then:

The Ninth Layer posted:

Whoops I thought Moatilda had voted in that lurker callout. Guess that ruins both my suspicions. ##unvote

I feel like TNL wasn't putting a whole lot of effort into scumhunting if his strongest/only D1 read was that I was bandwagoning (which I wasn't) followed by an unvote. I feel like his vote on me there was him needing to put content out and not having anything to go on.

Even after that, his votes were on CPig's scumclaim and a "me too" on PBS's case.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Murmur Twin posted:

I think PBS is wrong about pera who reads completely like "newbie town frustrated that people don't believe her".

Of course I am "wrong" about Pera there is a reason why I stopped voting her. I got what I wanted.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
When is everyone going to learn to read my mind and know what are the things I say to get reactions and my legit actual opinions ~sigh~

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Lol say what you want it isn't flat out cheating because if you get "tricked" by it you aren't paying attention and if you are a mod that actually allows it to count for a lynch you are a bad mod.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Li Dawny posted:

How many GMs go through every single post to verify that each vote matches up with votefinder before submitting a flip? I can't believe that were even having this conversation.

I always look at votefinder before i post a flip.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Absurd Revolver posted:

Please do not say the wrong person. That was lumpen.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

I always look at votefinder before i post a flip.

Exactly. Most GMs just look at votefinder (I assume). They don't go through each vote and verify them.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

CapitalistPig posted:

Please do not say the wrong person. That was lumpen.

Apologies.

I've never even played with lumpen, what happened to him anyway.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Li Dawny posted:

Exactly. Most GMs just look at votefinder (I assume). They don't go through each vote and verify them.

I wouldn't have said it if i didn't.

Don't assume.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Absurd Revolver posted:

Apologies.

I've never even played with lumpen, what happened to him anyway.

He is around. We are cool now.

See no matter what happens in the mafia community we are all still cool.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I am do an post. I got busy arguing with someone on fiverr who was refusing to pay me. Work got busy. And ds3. Also who we feeling for scum?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Jimson posted:

I am do an post. I got busy arguing with someone on fiverr who was refusing to pay me. Work got busy. And ds3. Also who we feeling for scum?

you

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oops. I overslept. I'll post the event at 3pm EST (in 35 minutes) to give anyone a chance to get here who wants to participate.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
:siren: time for an EVENT :siren:

The first person to PM me a picture of a cartoon pet that is NOT in this game gets a boon of some sort. Not in this game means: not someone's role, not someone's fake claim, not in the picture in the OP, not posted in this thread already.

It also has to be something I've heard of!

The winner for this is up to my sole discretion as mod.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Murmur Twin posted:

Flerp would be my second pick for scum with the caveat that I don't think we've ever played together and I'm not sure if his posting this game is par for the course. With the exception of the hammer on infinitum I haven't really seen anything in the way of an opinion about who scum might be, and usually when I see people justifying their not having an opinion they're usually scum.

Flerp - is your vote on PBS serious? If so, why do you think she's scum? If not, you is your strongest suspect right now?

not super serious when i posted it and i dont think pbs is scum rn. that might change but ##unvote for now. also yeah ive been shitposting a lot my b.

so for content - the people im most worried about are those that jumped onto the cpig self vote, who are TNL, MMT, peramene, and AR. i think cpig is town because as scum that seems like a really dumb and terrible thing to self vote and as a town thing it actually created some discussion. this is also the place where theres actual substance rather than just baseless speculation on posts and stuff.

TNL is hard to say, they come in and vote for cpig quick without much else. feels opportunistic without any defense of his vote or anything. i really want them to come in and explain themselves rather than just dropping in every once in a while and putting in a single low content post and dropping out. lurky scum is possible.

MMT im worried about the most based off of the voting. is the third vote which is kind of that sweet spot from being an early joke vote into making something more legitimate. after a while, MMT is the first to drop off after being very quick to get onto the vote. it's like she was trying to start the bandwagon and then once realizing that the bandwagon really wasnt going to pan out for her so she decided to cover her bases and back off. also her explanation is "oh you said you were town that def means your town" which is dumb imho. based off of just the voting for cpig mmt has me the most worried.

pera i'm not really sure about. i feel like they are legit a newbie from their posting but that doesnt mean theyre not scum. the vote comes in to a time where i feel like another scum buddy help start the bandwagon then pera jumps in and try to reinforce the bandwagon. also she deliberately says shes voting with mmt... im not really sure what that tells us. i dont think as scum theyd do esp if its a newbie scum. so pera might not be scum if mmt is scum, or pera might be trying to buddy up with somebody so that when they flip scum eventually it looks rly bad on them. idk this is all wifom anywyas. pera im not sure about and their other posts just scream newbie to me, but not newbie town or newbie scum in either direction.

AR comes in and votes and that's it. like, even less so then TNL it was literally just the post. that's not a lot to go off of. AR hasnt been posting a lot in general which is kind of suspicious because usually hes quite an active poster but this game is very slow so maybe thats not suspect for this game in particular. hell, it's very hard to go through the posts and find anything that stands out super hard. he looks better than TNL imho just because he actually posted later while TNL has just been sitting on his rear end.

of course, im really not gonna be surprised to see one of the big lurkers like jimson or chic turn out to be scum as well and really theyre not helping town by not being present and not voting. i dont think they should be lynched imo or if they do, it should be near the end of the day so we at least use our day and have a discussion.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Murmur Twin posted:

Sorry folks, I had real life stuff going on today. Didn't mean to leave people hanging on the edges of their seats!

That's all fair enough - I acknoweldge that I opened the day with a vote on you (for not casing people + not being involved in the Infi vote), and after seeing the day play out I'm more leaning town. I think PBS is wrong about pera who reads completely like "newbie town frustrated that people don't believe her".

You think it's scummy that I opened up with a vote on my candidate #2 after my candidate #1 was found out to be scum? :crossarms: And then that I didn't continue to case a player who hasn't posted anything while simutaneously asking the mod if they're going to be modkilled? What exactly about those moves do you not think a town player would do?

That's a fake opinion. ##vote TNL And since I'm sure you're going to follow up with an accusation of OMGUS, I promise I would think that case was fake no matter who you made it on.

I'm re-reading the game before hitting the hay tonight and should be around all day tomorrow.

this is a good case on tnl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
tnl should post now because hes looking super bad, even worse than chic and jimson imho

• Locked thread