Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Wests Tigers posted:

Wests Tigers ownership structure confirmed

Wests and Balmain have agreed an $8.5 million deal that will ensure the financial future of Wests Tigers.

The deal which determines Wests Tigers ownership and future contributions ensures Wests Tigers' long term viability.

The ownership structure sees Wests move to 75% ownership with Balmain retaining 25% and the Board expanded to nine directors. Balmain has two Board positions, Wests has five Board positions with the remaining two positions being filled by Independent Directors.  

Wests and Balmain wish to express their thanks to Lucio Di Bartolomeo who has now stood down from the Wests Tigers Board. Lucio’s contributions over the past 20 months have been exceptional.

Wests acknowledges Balmain's contribution to the joint venture since 2000 including their integrity in preserving their long history. Both Wests and Balmain are founding 1908 Clubs which, together, will continue to build a proud future for Wests Tigers.

Balmain acknowledges Wests Ashfield Leagues' role in securing the operational and financial viability of Wests Tigers over the past four years and for its generous offer to Balmain to secure its place as part of Wests Tigers in the NRL into the future.

The new arrangement brings the NRL’s involvement over the last two years in assisting Wests and Balmain to restructure Wests Tigers to a conclusion. Both Clubs thank the NRL for its role in reaching this agreement. 

The nine members of the new Wests Tigers Board are:

Marina Go (Chair), James Myatt, Simon Cook, Michael Liubinskas, Rick Wayde, Tony Andreacchio, Mike Bailey, Rosemary Sinclair and Danny Stapleton.

So that's that, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Maybe that'll keep us out of the headlines for a while

lol jk

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

quote:

Halfback Cooper Cronk has been forced to leave Queensland State of Origin training in a medicab after suffering a suspected ankle injury.

Cronk went down early with the complaint and, at first, did not appear troubled by it during Friday's opposed session before calling for medical assistance.

It capped a disruptive day for the Maroons.

Manly's Daly Cherry-Evans and Brenton Lawrence had been invited, along with a number of fringe players, to take part in Friday's opposed session but could not attend after their flights were grounded due to strong winds at Sydney Airport.

A glimmer of hope for the Blues (insofar as C-E might have to play...)?

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

Dalai Trauma posted:

hurrell is now on everyone's other underachieving second team, the Titans

ok friends give it to me straight. you don't have to sugar coat it, just go at it like ripping off a band-aid: will the tigers beat that good for nothing bunch of jerks the broncos?

I'm taking a break out of my holiday to say lmaooooooooooo at this post

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
Imagine I posted the video of the Tigers getting wrecked by the broncos under 16 team from a few years ago here...

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Contra Duck posted:

Imagine I posted the video of the Tigers getting wrecked by the broncos under 16 team from a few years ago here...

You're going to need to be more specific

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I'm on my way to watch a good thrashing. Pumped!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

iajanus posted:

A glimmer of hope for the Blues (insofar as C-E might have to play...)?

I hope Cherry-Evans has improved at halfback, because he was shitawful in Game II last year.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Queensland should just make milford play in a dce mask.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Airstream Driver posted:

I'm on my way to watch a good thrashing. Pumped!
Press 'F' to pay respects to the Tigers afterwards. :rip:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Pretty sure that it's just mind-games from the Maroons re: Cronk, but they won't play DCE in the run-on again, it'll be JT/Morgan for sure with DCE/a good player as a utility, which is probably more scary than JT/Cronk tbh

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Also keep an eye out for Tevita Pangai Jr tonight he's a weapon

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Anything less than 50 - 0, and I'll be disappointed.

This is a team that is a clusterfuck of egos, lack of talent and ability and needs to be ripped apart screaming and sacrificed to the gods.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Good to see Elijah Taylor back in first grade.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

Good to see Elijah Taylor back in first grade.

I'd love to see how he'd go at a real top club.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

tigers getting crushed by -4 points so far

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
What the hell is going on here?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Just checked the score at half time in my soccer game, wtf is happening

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
that sure was a game

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Go tigers

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

p. disappointed in you all quite frankly

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

:horse::horse:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Good game

It was surprising that hunt and milford couldnt expose the tigers fringes who were very compressed. JAC took a couple of interceptions of floaty nonsense passes because they wanted to get the ball out wide.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

hmm, quite the thrashing.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Tigers still better without Farah

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Smorgasbord posted:

Tigers still better without Farah

Yep

Ballin was strong

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That was well hosed. Broncos had no go forward and neither Milf nor Hunt could get a job done. Tigers played well too.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Haha russell arnold is sledging Matthew hayden on twitter about the tigers winning

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

As always, the Tigers manage to successfully send an entire stadium home sad.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

iajanus posted:

As always, the Tigers manage to successfully send an entire stadium home sad.

Something out of nowhere, congrats tigers

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
That wasn't supposed to happen. Still, hooray!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

When I'm home on a Saturday and the Dragons are playing I start thinking maybe I should do some housework or something instead.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

When I'm home on a Saturday and the Dragons are playing I start thinking maybe I should do some housework or something instead.

I'm at a first birthday party and have sequestered myself away with half a bottle of Japanese whisky and the game. I'm not sure which option is a worse fate.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The sideline conversions for the dogs so far will be in a lot of compilation videos going forward.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Great counter

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Loved the race of the hilariously slow players for 50 metres. Great pair of tackles to get out of the coach's bad books.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

We are so mentally weak lol

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

We are so mentally weak lol

Apparently the dogs are even weaker

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

iajanus posted:

Apparently the dogs are even weaker

We got away with one

We just go to pieces on nine

Edit

Something ive noticed is that stuart is pulling a forward at the end and having baptiste at hooker and hodgson at 7 and austin and sezer either side of him. Its working great so far and its an interesting strategy in the reduced interchange world

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Tariq Sims is supposedly off to St George tomorrow. This feels weird given that he was made co-captain at the start of the season.

• Locked thread