Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Donnerberg posted:

God drat it. I spoke too soon. Let me think about it.

Edit. I've damage boosted D.Va during her ult and it played the damage chime and I got eliminations... I'm not sure if it increases the damage though. And I've never been in position to boost Tracer's ult so I don't know.

I'm going to stop posting like I know what I'm talking about. You're calling my bluffs!

I think I got assist credits for a Junkrat tyre but could be mistaken... Don't know if it actually boosted the damage or not, I mean it's pretty much a guaranteed kill within it's radius anyway.

I got the El Blanco skin for Reaper but after playing him a couple of times he just doesn't click for me :(. Why couldn't I get a nice Junkrat or Mei skin instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Siivola posted:

Hey, could the goon running the big sheet take my name off it?

Deleted.

/edit: If anyone else wants to be taken off the list (or have their information changed), you can send me an edit request via the sheet itself with the info and I'll do the changes. Remember to send your forums username in the edit request so I know who to delete! :eng101:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 27, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I know it was pages back but dva can headshot roadhog to death at point blank if she can aim but it doesn't matter just right click her.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Yes its harder to hit people with his bow, but that's because he isn't supposed to have parity with Widow's ability to snipe. Her kit is completely focused on her ability to click heads at range while Hanzo is a sniper that can also deal significant damage at close range.

But he's not better at close range than her. If anything its easy to spray the rifle into people jumping around you than to bow them. I know he has the E but that is also better on people farther away. Also you can still scope people up close if you know they're coming, and you probably do with wall hacks.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

busfahrer posted:

I'm sitting at 3 games won out of 20.

I played the beta, and my win rate was fairly 50/50 in that. Is someone else seeing something similar?
I was owning people pretty well in the beta. Not exactly so now.

Probably because ranked play isn't included, so there's no separate scrub league to boost our egos.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ufarn posted:

I was owning people pretty well in the beta. Not exactly so now.

Probably because ranked play isn't included, so there's no separate scrub league to boost our egos.

Plus a lot of the bads from open beta didn't buy the game because they were bad, meaning the average level of skills is higher, leading to you usually being paired with and against better players.

usually, sometimes you still get a pack of idiots who retreat when you drop the sound barrier

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I think the only legitimate case of cheating ever really documented is during a match, I think a comp one, where the Widowmaker was mysteriously moving away from dead cert targets to lock onto those that are being resurrected and thus immune to damage.

e: If TF2 is anything to go by, you can bet a good portion of competetive players are cheating like motherfuckers, they're just smart enough to hide it (most of the time)

A loving huge proportion of competitive players got their accounts banned and their items tradelocked (effectively rendering them worthless) for using LMAObox. Turns out a huge proportion of competitive snipers are cheaters - who would have thought?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzgreYLPSo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSDqz7ggLuE

Vlad is one of those who got caught cheating. "Footsteps" lmao.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 27, 2016

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Ularg posted:

I finally got a cool skin out of a loot box:

Too bad I absolutely hate playing Mercy. There are so many "Man I could kill that guy if I was Zenyatta or Lucio"

Mercy's nes zapper packs a surprising punch. I flip to it and drop enemy players fairly often.
And i'd stab someone, in front of they own mama, for that valkyrie skin.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I've got the Solid Gold mercy skin and it looks a lot better than the default and the Valkyrie ones. It's very classy.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Ddraig posted:

I've got the Solid Gold mercy skin and it looks a lot better than the default and the Valkyrie ones. It's very classy.

Yeah, I had both the Imp and Gold in the beta and Gold is superior.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I got the Devil Mercy one and a teammate attacked me today cause I was red and he thought I was an enemy :downs:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Elman posted:

I got the Devil Mercy one and a teammate attacked me today cause I was red and he thought I was an enemy :downs:

i've unloaded on a couple of friendly molten core'd turrets

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I think all of the legendary skins change some aspect of the character's voice/or their sounds at least. I know Symmetra's Call Center one changes up one of her voice lines.

Mercy's devil one adds "For a price" to the end of her ultimate. Not sure if it adds it to the enemy voice one, though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not actually a fan of the Mercy legendaries.

Saving up coins for El Blanco though

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My favorite thing to see in kill cams/spectate are flankers who unload their entire magazine on the first thing they see when they come around a corner. "DIE DIE D- oh that's my teammate, carry on".

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I'm convinced they nerfed the loot box drop rate from the beta. Think I've had 1 purple and 1 gold after 20 boxes.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I've had so many POTG worthy moments on Lucio that will never get POTG :(

Popping shield on the cart and pushing the last 20% of the map in Overtime while airblasting Roadhogs and Reapers out of their effective range. Lucio rules

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I'm convinced they nerfed the loot box drop rate from the beta. Think I've had 1 purple and 1 gold after 20 boxes.

Yeah I'd have 6 golds by now in the beta. I think I was just ludicrously lucky though

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Mercy's nes zapper packs a surprising punch. I flip to it and drop enemy players fairly often.
And i'd stab someone, in front of they own mama, for that valkyrie skin.

There are few things more satisfying than dropping a Reinhardt with Mercy's or D.VAs pistols. Doubly so if the finishing blow is a melee.

But nothing will surpass nailing a Widow in the face with an icicle. You got outsniped, bitch!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm level 10 with no skins above blue :( in the beta I had a gold McRee at this point

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Deleted.

/edit: If anyone else wants to be taken off the list (or have their information changed), you can send me an edit request via the sheet itself with the info and I'll do the changes.

I put a link to your post in the OP, just in case.

Onean fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 27, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

My favorite is when I'm breaking a Reinhardt barrier with Bastion so he charges me and I just kill him before he touches me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

None of the legendary skins are really appealing to me except scrapper D.Va and golden knight Reinhardt, neither of which I play too often. Some of the skins I like the most are just the simple recolors like purple Mercy.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Nomad genji is sick as hell

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

White D.Va looks awesome.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

The thing that infuriates me most about this game are Hanzo arrows. I love getting hit by arrows before the firing animation finishes, and i love getting hit in the head by arrows that didn't actually hit my head. I swear to god there's inherent aim assist on them. No I'm not playing on console.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, everyone's noticed how crazy forgiving the arrow hitbox is

it's kinda bullshit

voltron lion force posted:

Nomad genji is sick as hell

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't know if this is controversial or anything but I think Bastion is the only garbage hero in the game. Not garbage in super unbalanced, just fun killing and boring. All the other ones are super interesting and offer something unique even if they obviously borrow from something else in the genre,, which is pretty remarkable for a FPS game made in tyool 2016.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

He's fun if you're playing him and people are walking into your bullets.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

pakman posted:

The thing that infuriates me most about this game are Hanzo arrows. I love getting hit by arrows before the firing animation finishes, and i love getting hit in the head by arrows that didn't actually hit my head. I swear to god there's inherent aim assist on them. No I'm not playing on console.

Lag?

Also yeah animations are weird. I play a lot of roadhog but I always get killed when I'm against one because his animations don't telegraph the same to the enemies as to the player.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I enjoy bouncing grenades into Bastion, or unloading an entire clip into the juicy blue center.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I wouldn't be surprised if they literally copied and pasted the hitboxes for the Huntmans onto Hanzo's arrows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asahh_Fen4M

At the very least a similar sort of problem is going on here.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

pakman posted:

It's not really aim assist, they just have an enormous hitbox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlMLqo63E-I

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I have 70 hours with the huntsman, that thing is way more forgiving than hanzo.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

TheTatteredKing posted:

Lag?

Also yeah animations are weird. I play a lot of roadhog but I always get killed when I'm against one because his animations don't telegraph the same to the enemies as to the player.

No lag. My latency is consistently under 20 ms everytime I play. Don't get wrong, I love the game, but Hanzo is just so rage-inducing for me.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

They could have been lagging? I don't know. All I know is that I need my cross hair dead on people to land arrows.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hanzo is fun as heck

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Nah, the hitboxes are stupidly broken for the arrows. It's literally the Huntsman all over again.

Fixing them will actually reward everyone, even Hanzo, because right now Hanzo is a loving bullshit character that requires you land an arrow vaguely at someone's head for them to die, and as people know this, it's seen as a bullshit kill. Nobody is happy. Not the person who got killed, not even the person who did the killing since it's a hollow victory.

Fixing the hitboxes would mean when a Hanzo genuinely lands an impressive headshot it will been as actually impressive and not just you clipping a hitbox in just the right way.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Ddraig posted:

I think all of the legendary skins change some aspect of the character's voice/or their sounds at least. I know Symmetra's Call Center one changes up one of her voice lines.

Mercy's devil one adds "For a price" to the end of her ultimate. Not sure if it adds it to the enemy voice one, though.
I was on a team with wolf'd up Hanzo and not only did he say Let the Wolf consume you, the attack was white wolves instead of blue dragons :)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

fadam posted:

People who only play one role are bad, mate.

And considering how Casualwatch basically gives elimination credit just for looking in the direction of an enemy, even the most dedicated Mercy main should have a positive k/d.

Nooooo :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I think the voice lines only change for the friendly team and not the enemies, and that's a good thing.