Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

EdEddnEddy posted:

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/736238869268553729

More money going to "Chris's Retirement fund", or "Executives need vacation time too."

#chrisonaboat

Guys, Chris isn't coming back. They've begun a new life at sea, just like L Ron Hubbard. He says you've been playing Star Citizen the whole time.

Cattes:

MilesK fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

MilesK posted:

Guys, Chris isn't coming back. They've begun a new life at sea, just like L Ron Hubbard. He says you've been playing Star Citizen the whole time.

Cattes:

You never see them together in those photos... isn't that odd? I think so.... I suspect she sent him away for his birthday.

Surprise!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
None of the Citizens correcting people about how Goat Simulator is actually taking the piss out of Star Wars are answering my question. I am feeling grief.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
silumatin goats, makin fun of star citizen

good times brahz

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
my goat game no longer works, it worked earlier today? I am sad. it just freezes when launching now, this must be some kinda of extra meta joke.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
An organization suffering from Founder's syndrome typically presents many of the following symptoms:

- The organization is strongly identified with the person or personality of the founder.

- The founder makes all decisions, big and small, without a formal process or input from others. Decisions are made in crisis mode, with little forward planning. Staff meetings are held generally to rally the troops, get status reports, and assign tasks. There is little meaningful strategic development, or shared executive agreement on objectives with limited or a complete lack of professional development. Typically, there is little organizational infrastructure in place, and what is there is not used correctly. There is no succession plan.

- Key staff and board members are typically selected by the founder and are often friends and colleagues of the founder. Their role is to support the founder, rather than to lead the mission. Staff may be chosen due to their personal loyalty to the founder rather than skills, organizational fit, or experience. Board members may be under-qualified, under-informed or intimidated and will typically be unable to answer basic questions without checking first.

- Professionally trained and talented recruits, often recruited to resolve difficulties in the organization, find that they are not able to contribute in an effective and professional way.

- The founder responds to increasingly challenging issues by accentuating the above, leading to further difficulties. Anyone who challenges this cycle will be treated as a disruptive influence and will be ignored, ridiculed or removed. The working environment will be increasingly difficult with decreasing public trust. The organization becomes increasingly reactive, rather than proactive. Alternatively, the founder or the board may recognise the issue and take effective action to move beyond it as outlined below.

Coping with founder's syndrome requires discussion of the problem, a plan of action, and interventions by the founder, the board and or by others involved in the organization. The objective of the plan should be to allow the organization to make a successful transition to a mature organizational model without damage to either the organization itself or the individuals concerned.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Maldoror posted:

Coping with founder's syndrome requires discussion of the problem, a plan of action, and interventions by the founder, the board and or by others involved in the organization. The objective of the plan should be to allow the organization to make a successful transition to a mature organizational model without damage to either the organization itself or the individuals concerned.

Moved to concern forum for breaking rules 39(a), 284(b), and 18-2(e).

Move along citizen.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Guys, I know I only post pictures of my cats here, but I wanted to let you know I should have an effort post up this weekend about my cats.

It's their birthday weekend you see, and that means cats in party hats & that takes effort.

It won't be two weeks, more like 3 days at the most.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

EdEddnEddy posted:

More money going to "Chris's Retirement fund", or "Executives need vacation time too."

#chrisonaboat

At this moment the artists/modellers are dreading the boat shaped changes he will make to the last 6 months of work.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

runsamok posted:

Guys, I know I only post pictures of my cats here, but I wanted to let you know I should have an effort post up this weekend about my cats.

It's their birthday weekend you see, and that means cats in party hats & that takes effort.

It won't be two weeks, more like 3 days at the most.

Livestream the whole event. I'll call in sick for work.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

EdEddnEddy posted:

#chrisonaboat

Chris's inspiration for something he didn't invent, nor even accomplished yet, that other people have been doing for about 2 decades.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm confused. I thought it was her birthday ?

And lol at them jetting off to Monaco again this year , looks like a pretty big boat from the view .... living that yacht life off the backers dime

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

EdEddnEddy posted:

Like said above though, if them being out of the hair of everyone back home allows work to actually get done, maybe the employees themselves front the cash for their vacation (Hide it behind a Milestone Celebration or something).

On an actual not a game note, has anyone tried the latest PU test build. Does it have anything new of note?

Last time I tried I got into space in a Freelancer and flew to one of the stations I guess, only to be promptly jumped by something smaller and more nimble than me that eventually made me go boom. The game is drat pretty, but holy crap is the HUD interface the biggest cluster of lovely design since I don't know when. Elite got it right as did nearly every other space sim in the 90's. Why does this one seem to be so drat uselessly bad?

You can now buy cloths, but apparently that caused fps to lower further
your ship now gets locked out for 5 minutes when it gets destroyed, you can spawn it faster if you pay some aUEC (there might be option to do it with real cash soon)
Goat simulator released and it fulfilled every scretch goal of star citizen. +has better eva
you can now t-pose in space naked.
Hope that answers all of your questions. See you in verse commando

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
its just a loving sphere with a perlin noise texture used as a height map

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
From the latest Batgirl interview of Ben

THEORYCRAFTING about the authority of a Captain of a multicrewed ship.

BATGIRL (reading question): "If the Carrack sends its Pisces through a wormhole into a previously unexplored system, does the Captain of the Carrack get the naming rights or the pilot of the Pisces, assuming that it's not the same person...."

THERE IS NO CARRACK. THERE IS NO PISCES. THERE ARE NO WORMHOLES. THERE ARE NO UNDISCOVERED SYSTEMS!

----

FIDELITOUS COMPENSATION STRATEGIES

BATGIRL (reading question): “Quantum Travel. Will we ever see more impressive fire and energy effects gaming out of our GIANT engines as we blast off at LUDICROUS speed. Right now we get the cool wrapped stretched hyperspace effects but nothing to make it feel like our GREAT BIG MAIN THRUSTERS are actually doing any work. It makes me feel sad."

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 27, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EdEddnEddy posted:

#chrisonaboat

"Surprise! We're hiring a boat for your birthday! What am I reading? Oh, nothing, just a biography of Robert Maxwell. By the way, I've hired these Israeli crew members."

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Scruffpuff posted:

Can we get a list going of all the references? I haven't picked up the game yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to wind up on my weekend to-do list. There's just too much material here.

An easy one to start with

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That drat boat photo needs parped or the duuuuh face.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

To stay true to the source the current version of Goat Sim freezes when you press the any key at the start.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Or perhaps a giant whale surfacing behind him.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
So if chris is in monaco do you think he has even been briefed on goatcitizen

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Nation posted:

We'll know for sure if the next patch has goats.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

It's about time Jaws 3D got a modern remake.

G0RF posted:

From the latest Batgirl interview of Ben

THEORYCRAFTING about the authority of a Captain of a multicrewed ship.

BATGIRL (reading question): "If the Carrack sends its Pisces through a wormhole into a previously unexplored system, does the Captain of the Carrack get the naming rights or the pilot of the Pisces, assuming that it's not the same person...."

THERE IS NO CARRACK. THERE IS NO PISCES. THERE ARE NO WORMHOLES. THERE ARE NO UNDISCOVERED SYSTEMS!

----

FIDELITOUS COMPENSATION STRATEGIES

BATGIRL (reading question): “Quantum Travel. Will we ever see more impressive fire and energy effects gaming out of our GIANT engines as we blast off at LUDICROUS speed. Right now we get the cool wrapped stretched hyperspace effects but nothing to make it feel like our GREAT BIG MAIN THRUSTERS are actually doing any work. It makes me feel sad."

Hmm… I need to add a “references non-existent mechanic” to my bingo sheet.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

LowellDND posted:

We'll know for sure if the next patch has goats.

Shaved goats

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Goats.
Boats.
Battlestar Galactica.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I had a chance to watch a friend play and I SWEAR I heard some NPC say "I think I see a goon over there."

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

lmbo

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Nation posted:

Him being briefed on goats while vacationing in Europe would be a great use of the Hitler's bunker gag; him not being upset by it at first cause he only sees the Star Wars references and blowing a fuse after they tell nervously him npc's are saying 'Star Citizen took all my money' etc.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Cartoon man in dumb hat explains why Derek Smart is bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUddm0S3LRI

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Hey guys this looks totally legit.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Thoatse posted:

Him being briefed on goats while vacationing in Europe would be a great use of the Hitler's bunker gag; him not being upset by it at first cause he only sees the Star Wars references and blowing a fuse after they tell nervously him npc's are saying 'Star Citizen took all my money' etc.

someone get eightace on the horn

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

Hmm… I need to add a “references non-existent mechanic” to my bingo sheet.

Boy that's going to get hit nearly every time!

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

EdEddnEddy posted:

#chrisonaboat

Sucking our pouch in for the picture I see

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Bundle of Keys posted:

I think the Buccaneer sale started today

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Bundle of Keys posted:

A whale is born? I don't believe it, 18,000 roughly in one hour at this time?

paarp

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Plural Abysss posted:

I think the Buccaneer sale started today

Indeed.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 27, 2016

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Bundle of Keys posted:

Yeah, nothing dodgy about that at all, nope, nosiree.

I'm sure someone just decided to spaff 15-18k on pictures and dreams because this whole thing is going just swimmingly, oh what a day, what a lovely day.

Edit: If it's due to Bucketeer sales, then I cannot belive that people are still falling for this poo poo.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

G0RF posted:

Seems credible.

Indeed.

Man, there's been some serious progress in the field of punchability

• Locked thread