Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Nucleic Acids posted:

Nah, they actually kept them. But everyone on Earth switched.

I always felt that the decision to change the uniforms was in part to draw attention to the older uniforms on Voyager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
They shouldn't have even had uniforms. They should all be manning the bride wearing Neelix-hide loincloths and tufts of Kazon hair.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

criscodisco posted:

They shouldn't have even had uniforms. They should all be manning the bride wearing Neelix-hide loincloths and tufts of Kazon hair.

Can't afford replicator rations for a cup of coffee, but can afford to have a fresh pressed uniform every day!

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

But they don't replicate uniforms every day, many people are seen traveling with bags and things, and I remember something about Naomi Wildeman's clothes needed to be put back through the replicator because she was growing so fast. Consider that it's supposed to be a society of conservation, to replicate something you need more than just it's parts, you need the parts + the energy to make it.

Though they should look more worn than they tend to.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

dont make me post bashir go away.gif again

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Syfe posted:

But they don't replicate uniforms every day, many people are seen traveling with bags and things, and I remember something about Naomi Wildeman's clothes needed to be put back through the replicator because she was growing so fast. Consider that it's supposed to be a society of conservation, to replicate something you need more than just it's parts, you need the parts + the energy to make it.

Though they should look more worn than they tend to.

By TNG, matter and energy were interchangeable. That's why when they finished eating they'd put the dirty plates back in the replicator, and they'd disappear. So she was putting Naomi's clothes in the have them go back into the energy bank for replicated goods.

Theoretically they would just have to collect space dust and gas to have all the goods they need, but they still have to use energy from the engine for the replicating/dereplicating process.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Remember, waste matter is transformed into food. Everything replicated is just transformed waste matter.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

geordi springs holobeach violin serenade on clearly uncomfortable coworker is wineandcheese goon in space

Oh hey there famous engineer, I made holo-you fall for me so bedding you should be a piece of cake!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Automatic Slim posted:

Remember, waste matter is transformed into food. Everything replicated is just transformed waste matter.

rabbit eats grass
wolf eats rabbit
wolf shits on ground
poo poo fertilizes grass
rabbit eats grass

the circle of life, man. that glass of water in your hand might have been dinosaur piss eons ago.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I save the middleman and just sneak my feces info children's food.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

rabbit eats grass
worf eats rabbit
worf shits on ground
poo poo fertilizes grass
rabbit eats grass
rabbit dishonors his house

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

criscodisco posted:

By TNG, matter and energy were interchangeable. That's why when they finished eating they'd put the dirty plates back in the replicator, and they'd disappear. So she was putting Naomi's clothes in the have them go back into the energy bank for replicated goods.

Theoretically they would just have to collect space dust and gas to have all the goods they need, but they still have to use energy from the engine for the replicating/dereplicating process.

For TNG perhaps, but we are talking about Voyager, supplies are limited, that's why Neelix cooks and for all we know, does the dishes.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That's the crazy part. Voyager takes place after TNG. There is zero reason for Neelix to be in Voyager.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Do you think you could beat Neelix in a fistfight?

How many Neelix's (Neelixi?) could you fight at once before you were overwhelmed?

prostrat: turn off the lights

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
can't fight those feet

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Neelix combat-hosed that tall klingon woman. He could probably beat the poo poo out of me.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

criscodisco posted:

That's the crazy part. Voyager takes place after TNG. There is zero reason for Neelix to be in Voyager.

He did more than cook; he was supposed to be a cultural ambassador or whatever because he knew the region.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

shadow puppet of a posted:

Neelix combat-hosed that tall klingon woman. He could probably beat the poo poo out of me.

I'm pretty sure that was Quark. You have brought shame on your house.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Grilka

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Quoting you to capture your shame. You are the Duras Jr. of this thread.

Mods please rename PhyrexianLibrarian to "Toral"

Neelix hit this and quit this.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 28, 2016

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

He did more than cook; he was supposed to be a cultural ambassador or whatever because he knew the region.

Until, like, season 3 and they were beyond the region he knew anything about.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Neelix takes a Klingon warrior to slam town when they meet some on a journey to find Klingon Jesus.

It's Tom and B'elanna's kid :ssh:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

treiz01 posted:

That's the part about the portable computer that they got wrong - you would never need all those tablets because all the information you would ever want can be accessed from one. The tablets in star trek were more akin to ebook readers.

Any referencing of more than 2 or maybe 3 things I'd better with more screens.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

He did it on Tuvok's bed as well. Tuvok had to sleep that night in a puddle of Neelix's ball sweat.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I am racist against Neelix

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Sphinxster posted:

I am racist against Neelix

Its always the lovely races in trek that have backstories of being oppressed and nearly wiped out. Telaxians and Bajorans, separated by a quadrant, unfortunately both still cling to existence neither of them deserve.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Its always the lovely races in trek that have backstories of being oppressed and nearly wiped out. Telaxians and Bajorans, separated by a quadrant, unfortunately both still cling to existence neither of them deserve.

You are talking my language. I also hate Bajorans.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Quoting you to capture your shame. You are the Duras Jr. of this thread.

Mods please rename PhyrexianLibrarian to "Toral"

Neelix hit this and quit this.

:negative:

Welp, time to line up the pain sticks!

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

The Sphinxster posted:

Bajorans still routinely suffer from famines and segregate themselves into religious castes but the Federation wants to let them in. Meanwhile that one planet that made some genetically modified soldiers and then put them in a settlement on their moon got slapped down.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Those super soldiers should've made Picard their Emissary. Even Starfleet officers have massive egos that can be sucked up to. Then you get to be on the fast track to citizenship.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
So aparently this is a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuMsb4nzmis

There's all kinds of fictional space ship ambient tracks on youtube

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

The Sphinxster posted:

Who invited Dukat and the Pah Wraiths in here?

naem
May 29, 2011

What's with all the forehead crinkles? Everybody looks like a human only with one weird obvious facial deformity plus their shirt is made of oven mitts

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Michael Westmore only ever knew how to make foreheads and the occasional flipper hand

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Still more effort than the black and white cookie aliens.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Vakal posted:

Still more effort than the black and white cookie aliens.

Did they ever explain which one actually was the superior race

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It's not hard to figure out

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

can't fight those feet

neelets: when will they learn?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Did Neelix go around the ship in his bare feet for the whole series? That seems unsanitary by Starfleet standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mirror universe plots are almost as bad as time travel nonsense.