Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who gonna win
town
scum
serial killer (???)
no one
View Results

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh.

God dammit.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Wait I think I've played with tpink once a million years ago.

I need to think on this. Assuming he is somewhat a mafia veteran, he knows buddying and white knighting is stupid. (For the new losers) Buddying as a scum just leads to connections that will either be ignored or used against you while white knighting steals a possible reaction test away from the guy who wants to test the potential scum. The only time buddying works is if you think the person is new, but I'm pretty sure that very post he quoted would've shown that I'm not so I don't know why he did it. Might be lapse of judgment.

I'll finish this pizza and speculate

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Your Personal Muse posted:

I need to think on this. Assuming he is somewhat a mafia veteran, he knows buddying and white knighting is stupid. (For the new losers) Buddying as a scum just leads to connections that will either be ignored or used against you while white knighting steals a possible reaction test away from the guy who wants to test the potential scum. The only time buddying works is if you think the person is new, but I'm pretty sure that very post he quoted would've shown that I'm not so I don't know why he did it. Might be lapse of judgment.

Yeah, I think the easy answer here is that I'm pretty new. I only started playing Mafia here within the last couple of months. Was not aware that buddying/white knighting is dumb and/or suspicious, but having now read your post, I guess I can see the reasoning why.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
krell you're here!

hello krell!

##unvote

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Absurd Revolver posted:

krell you're here!

hello krell!

##unvote

RA RA RA!!!!

SIS BOOM BA!!!

Ask me a question and I'll give you an answer!!!

RA RA RA!!!

SIS BOOM BA!!!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Harold Krell posted:

RA RA RA!!!!

SIS BOOM BA!!!

Ask me a question and I'll give you an answer!!!

RA RA RA!!!

SIS BOOM BA!!!

okay

are you scum this game

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

tpink posted:

Yeah, I think the easy answer here is that I'm pretty new. I only started playing Mafia here within the last couple of months. Was not aware that buddying/white knighting is dumb and/or suspicious, but having now read your post, I guess I can see the reasoning why.

I could've sworn I played with you like a year ago. Are you a bad man guy serial killer? You seem awfully jumpy

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I could've sworn I played with you like a year ago. Are you a bad man guy serial killer? You seem awfully jumpy

Nah, that must have been someone else. This is like my 5th or 6th game.

And I am definitely not an SK. Pinky swear. (If I were SK I probably would have just kept my mouth shut through most of D1 at least.)

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

Absurd Revolver posted:

okay

are you scum this game

No.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

tpink posted:

Nah, that must have been someone else. This is like my 5th or 6th game.

And I am definitely not an SK. Pinky swear. (If I were SK I probably would have just kept my mouth shut through most of D1 at least.)

Why are you jumpy

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Why are you jumpy

I don't know what this means or how to respond to it. :confused:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

good enough for me

how is it being harold krell?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

tpink posted:

I don't know what this means or how to respond to it. :confused:

You are being jumpy and nervous and treating me like I'm good at this game which I'm not used to. I would like to know why

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

You are being jumpy and nervous and treating me like I'm good at this game which I'm not used to. I would like to know why

I'm super confused. I don't think my posts have been jumpy or nervous. I don't know if you're good at this game because I don't think I've ever played with you before. I'm just posting D1 bullshit mostly, so... I don't know what in particular is pinging you, if anything :shrug:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Absurd Revolver posted:

good enough for me

how is it being harold krell?

That depends. How's it like being a big fat stupid idiot with buck teeth and a fugly fart face you stupid fat fart?

:fuckoff:

##vote Absurd Revolver

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Harold Krell posted:

Your dumb rear end --> :fuckoff: <-- Me killing you.

Updated for reference.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

tpink posted:

I'm super confused. I don't think my posts have been jumpy or nervous. I don't know if you're good at this game because I don't think I've ever played with you before. I'm just posting D1 bullshit mostly, so... I don't know what in particular is pinging you, if anything :shrug:

What are your scumbuddies saying about me? Are they all asleep?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Harold I would like you to compile a Lumpenlist. He will probably get mad that I'm stealing his gimmick but he's a nerd

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
And furthermore I will do everything in my power to defend you if you post an updated lumpen list everyday

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
But it's gotta be from the heart Harold. Please. Right from the heart.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Harold Krell posted:

That depends. How's it like being a big fat stupid idiot with buck teeth and a fugly fart face you stupid fat fart?

##vote Absurd Revolver

:wow:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I have no idea what Harold's angle is here but these are some awfully weird posts if he's Town.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

IllegallySober posted:

I have no idea what Harold's angle is here but these are some awfully weird posts if he's Town.

Harold's angle is that he sucks and purposefully joins games to not play them

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
well

i never

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Tpink left because of my expert questioning

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
gently caress it.

##vote Harold Krell

Policy vote.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hypothetical question: Lumpen, if you were scumbuddies with a lovely, terrible player who was making the game actively unfun, would you vote them?
No, I never throw Scumbuddies under the bus, Mafia is a numbers game. I also avoid policy voting as Town. Keeping players of my own alignment in the game is advancing my win condition even if they are terrible.

It's the mod's job to keep terrible unfun players out of the roster.

Are you asking my advice because you're Scumbuddies with Krell?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I have an idea, how about we don't A) give the guy everything he wants by making day 1 all about him and B) give scum an easy out day one

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Harold's angle is that he sucks and purposefully joins games to not play them

Says the guy with interpersonal disorders that prevent him from maintaining meaningful friendships and relationships. :rolleyes: :ironicat:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

gently caress it.

##vote Harold Krell

Policy vote.

Get a better policy... like sitting on a rusty nail.

:pcgaming: :ducksiren: :hurr: :a2m: I'M HAROLD KRELL AND I'M SUPER WACKY!!! :a2m: :hurr: :ducksiren: :pcgaming:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tpink left because of my expert questioning

Some real expert sleuthing ITT:
:butt:"Hay are you scum?"
:cool:"Nah"

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Harold Krell posted:

Get a better policy... like sitting on a rusty nail.

:pcgaming: :ducksiren: :hurr: :a2m: I'M HAROLD KRELL AND I'M SUPER WACKY!!! :a2m: :hurr: :ducksiren: :pcgaming:

This is a man I can get behind. What a man what a man

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I am saying that Podima should know better. I think that the vt claim is a stupid move for a vet. I am saying that I am suspicious of Pod for making a stupid move, but stupidity does not equal scum.

I am not a veteran but thank you for the vote of confidence! :h:

Also you can't dispute that it generated content/conversation. How people react to weird claims can be telling!

Also also deadline is in 9 hours. As of now I'd be happiest with a Krell vote purely off of gut but will reread in between meetings today.

Votecount for Day 1

Harold Krell (2): Podima, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Poison Mushroom
Mayor Glowku (2): Li Dawny, IllegallySober
tpink (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Lumpen (1): Mayor Glowku
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Your Personal Muse, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
Your Personal Muse (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Pinterest Mom
Absurd Revolver (1): Absurd Revolver, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Absurd Revolver, Harold Krell
Poison Mushroom (1): Lumpen
IllegallySober (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (3): Absurd Revolver, Hal Incandenza, tpink

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 01st, 2016 at 4:44 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 54 minutes.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Just a heads up, I'm traveling today so I won't be able to engage as much, but will try to check in a few times via the phone app at least.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why are you jumpy

This seems like a bit of a stretch, how is responding to people necessarily jumpy? What would you have said if he brushed stuff off and didn't respond? And you didn't like that tpink was "treating you like you are good at the game"? What a strange angle to take.

That was following on your initial call out:

which is also kind of strange. Casing based on (perceived) mafia experience is not an effective scumhunting strategy.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Hal Incandenza posted:

This seems like a bit of a stretch, how is responding to people necessarily jumpy? What would you have said if he brushed stuff off and didn't respond? And you didn't like that tpink was "treating you like you are good at the game"? What a strange angle to take.

That was following on your initial call out:

which is also kind of strange. Casing based on (perceived) mafia experience is not an effective scumhunting strategy.
Is this a case, or a trial balloon? Looks like a post for a vote, but I note, there's no vote.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

tpink posted:

Just a heads up, I'm traveling today so I won't be able to engage as much, but will try to check in a few times via the phone app at least.
Classic Scumpost.
##vote tpink

• Avoids Scumhunting, prefers to talk about VT claiming rather than alignment
  • Self-conscious and awkward post making an excuse to NOT vote Krell, but seems not to be thinking about alignment at all. Overly concerned with "appearance" of potential vote or lack of vote
  • Makes a post to excuse himself from participation. It's not Scummy to be absent for IRL reasons, but in my experience it IS a Scumtell to be self-consious about appearing absent to the point of posting about it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Harold Krell posted:

##vote Absurd Revolver

:drat:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Is this a case, or a trial balloon? Looks like a post for a vote, but I note, there's no vote.

I wanted to see how he responds first, I find it strange. I guess we are closer to deadline than I realized though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Lumpen posted:

Classic Scumpost.
##vote tpink

• Avoids Scumhunting, prefers to talk about VT claiming rather than alignment
  • Self-conscious and awkward post making an excuse to NOT vote Krell, but seems not to be thinking about alignment at all. Overly concerned with "appearance" of potential vote or lack of vote
  • Makes a post to excuse himself from participation. It's not Scummy to be absent for IRL reasons, but in my experience it IS a Scumtell to be self-consious about appearing absent to the point of posting about it.

My problem with this call is the desire to play and not appear scummy when you're new(ish) like tpink, and I, both are. It's a fine line between new town, new scum, and regular scum and I just feel like automatically assuming someone is scum over the desire to show they're trying to stay involved is a bit harsh.

• Locked thread