Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Motto posted:

This kinda stuff always feels exploitative as hell. I mean, yeah, anybody who buys it has only themselves to blame, but it still feels like devs taking advantage of crazy collector hoarder nerds, especially coming from AAA games that are going to make bank regardless.

:lol: if you think regardless of quality that ME2 isn't going to flop horribly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I do not think mn9 was actually trying to be mean to anime fans, not that it makes the trailer any better.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm not saying the anime thing was a good or funny line but anyone acting offended by it is worthy of much derision

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Golden Goat posted:

Only problem i'd have with it being open world is that I could end up just sticking with general routes between areas constantly and it'd get boring.

I'm still interested though cause from videos the platforming looks good so I'll wait for reviews before jumping on it.

look its 2016 can we just go ahead and say that open world is just a dumb marketing buzzword. any games that aren't corridor shooters with invisible walls are open world, they cram a few fetch quests and a hub with a store in there nowadays and bam

back when anything but segregated maps meant major technical considerations 'free roam' and 'open world' was hella impressive but now every game ever is and it rarely ever brings anything to the table because most of the time its 'open world' on the level of far cry 3, not 'open world' like gta

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm not going to get mirror's edge 2, or mighty number 9

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

What are you looking forward to instead for June?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

Me neither but every developer diary I read about HoI4 makes me more and more interested in it. I didn't even know it existed until a few weeks ago but now I might preorder it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

What are you looking forward to instead for June?

i am looking forward to playing nuclear throne when i get home and more generally to stellaris patches. and the nintendo e3

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Isn't the Nintendo e3 confirmed to just be Zelda? Like I know people were assuming they'd have a direct but I thought even that was confirmed to not be happening and to just be a treehouse focusing on Zelda

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

axleblaze posted:

Isn't the Nintendo e3 confirmed to just be Zelda? Like I know people were assuming they'd have a direct but I thought even that was confirmed to not be happening and to just be a treehouse focusing on Zelda

They're claiming it's just Zelda, but I'm hoping we'll also at least get more info about what the heck the NX is besides "the thing that Zelda is coming out on".

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Motto posted:

This kinda stuff always feels exploitative as hell. I mean, yeah, anybody who buys it has only themselves to blame, but it still feels like devs taking advantage of crazy collector hoarder nerds, especially coming from AAA games that are going to make bank regardless.

the worst part is that people are proud that they spent $150 on a game

when halo 4 came out a ton of people i loosely knew were bragging about spending that much and im talking about grown rear end men i didn't even know play video games

i was dumb and bought bf3 premium because i fell for their bullshit and just that once was enough, how do people not feel burned after spending $150 on a plastic figurine and a book is beyond me

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

axleblaze posted:

i am looking forward to that

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I am a-ok with Nintendo just talking about Zelda for e3.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello friends

I am stuck at a mcdonald's for the next 3 hours for various reasons. Luckily I have a laptop with me so that I can talk to people online and maybe play some browser games or something.

How is everybody's afternoon going?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Golden Goat posted:

Considering most reviews and player feedback from the first game voiced how bad the forced combat sections hosed with the game flow it's a little surprising that they come wheeling back and present forced combat sections again. We'll find out if it's good or bad when it comes out.

I don't know anybody that actually cares about Mirror Edge's plot.

They should really just cut combat comletely, that's what almost everybody was asking for. But its :dice: and the idea of making an FPS with no guns gives them a brain aneurysm.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

They should really just cut combat comletely, that's what almost everybody was asking for. But its :dice: and the idea of making an FPS with no guns gives them a brain aneurysm.

you don't use guns in ME2

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like how the big bad plot of mirror's edge was that they were training cops in parkour and that's evil because the parkour cops were going to stop the illegal package runners

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.gog.com/connect

This is insane, imo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Devil Tesla posted:

you don't use guns in ME2

Nope but the enemies still do, right?

That's pretty cool, it would be even cooler if they got Steam to support them the other direction.

But then at that point... are they just the same service? :confused:

Kinda feels like Valve should just buy out GOG and make them the 'classic games' division or something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everything the police do is evil so yeah

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Like, that has to be one of the lamest attempts at getting you to dislike the antagonists in a game ever. Does any other game even come close to "these guys are so evil that they're training cops to do parkour"?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FirstAidKite posted:

What was the robot dinosaur game, I remember seeing it and it looked neat but what they showed was obviously super scripted for e3 reasons so hopefully if they show it again they'll have a demo or something

It was a CG scripted trailer, yes. They showed a real gameplay version of that same game segment later and the visuals were worse, the framerate chugged inconsistently and there was screen tearing. It's been a while so I'm sure at least some of it will get fixed up in time for release but still, never trust an E3 trailer not by Nintendo.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That is pretty cool.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Zaphod42 posted:

Nope but the enemies still do, right?

That's pretty cool, it would be even cooler if they got Steam to support them the other direction.

Kinda feels like Valve should just buy out GOG and make them the 'classic games' division or something.

gog is drm free

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I want nintendo's e3 thing to just be them showing an upscaled version of the spaceworld zelda thing and then leave lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

deadly_pudding posted:

They're claiming it's just Zelda, but I'm hoping we'll also at least get more info about what the heck the NX is besides "the thing that Zelda is coming out on".

Nah they said no nx talk at e3
Youre gonna need to wait until fall.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Real hurthling! posted:

Nah they said no nx talk at e3
Youre gonna need to wait until fall.

A pox on Nintendo! A curse, I say!

Let them announce Linkle as the main protagonist of the next Zelda, and burn in a torrent of weird 90s-kid grognard tears.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I was looking up to make sure that yes Nintendo are only showing Zelda and there are still so many articles from like this week that are still like "maybe Nintendo will actually show the NX after all" despite no indication that's going to happen. Like it was hard to find anything about Nintendo not having a direct because there are so many articles just assuming they will with nothing to back that up. Oh games journalism :allears:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Zaphod42 posted:

"I don't understand why Valve just doesn't create a monopoly and buy GOG out of the market." :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did you see anything talking about the new zelda game having two playable characters, because I'd heard something about that but I haven't been following zelda news so I dunno if that's just speculation or what

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
I think people just still haven't gotten over how irrelevant Nintendo has become in gaming after the DS and Wii successes.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blister posted:

I think people just still haven't gotten over how irrelevant Nintendo has become in gaming after the DS and Wii successes.

3DS is still going strong. It's kind of telling that I only own like 5 games for the Wii U, though. They dropped the ball on that one.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Did you see anything talking about the new zelda game having two playable characters, because I'd heard something about that but I haven't been following zelda news so I dunno if that's just speculation or what

Ohhh I hope we get to play as Zelda again.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

I had a friend tell me that he saw people were really mad that you could play a female Link and he was surprised when I told him that to my knowledge that hadn't really been confirmed anywhere.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Blister posted:

Oh hey blister waddup

you're wrong btw but yeah waddup

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Wii U is the best console of this gen

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello friends

I am stuck at a mcdonald's for the next 3 hours for various reasons. Luckily I have a laptop with me so that I can talk to people online and maybe play some browser games or something.

How is everybody's afternoon going?
Sounds more interesting than my day, though when my day gets interesting it's usually a bad thing. Hope you at least have a relaxing wait on those lovely hard seats

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

axleblaze posted:

I had a friend tell me that he saw people were really mad that you could play a female Link and he was surprised when I told him that to my knowledge that hadn't really been confirmed anywhere.

They might've been thinking of that weird bit of news when uhh was it aonuma or whoever joked about how he never said the person in the zelda u teaser is a boy so people latched on to that assuming that you played a girl link and then aonuma was like "no I was just trying to joke" which, to be fair, was a kinda lovely joke

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

deadly_pudding posted:

3DS is still going strong.

Except it's kind of not which is part of the reason Nintendo have seemingly gone into emergency mode. Like it's not doing bad but it's not managing to hold up the company like it used to and they are losing a ton of ground to tablets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

In Training posted:

The Wii U is the best console of this gen

Which generation? Wii U struggles with 2 player dynasty warriors

• Locked thread