Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Littlefinger
Oct 13, 2012

Psychotic Weasel posted:

That was my first guess too but it seems kind of obscure. Why not juat go with a gavel or something else law or government related?
Might be a Euro thing, here it is arguably more tightly associated with "law" than a funny little hammer or some scales.
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Really among gamers that symbol means simcity money first

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
Personally I say we need legacy editions of eu4 and ck2 with their original but also patched to the point before certain dlc I regard as changing the game just too much.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Phi230 posted:

Victoria 2 is near perfection

is this a thing someone actually believes.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Westminster System posted:

Personally I say we need legacy editions of eu4 and ck2 with their original but also patched to the point before certain dlc I regard as changing the game just too much.
They use the Steam beta system to let you opt into older patches.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Westminster System posted:

???

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
But I want to play vanilla world of crusadercraft on patch 1.10 and then on 2.3.1 okay.

For the record I literally mentioned the steam patch function in this thread already so I guess :thejoke:, albeit a bad one, is prudent here.

Westminster System fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 2, 2016

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If its a bad joke its because they have already given us opt out from feature creep but we are never going to see Vicky 3 :smith:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

PleasingFungus posted:

yes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

what's the last best ck2 patch version

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corn in the bible posted:

what's the last best ck2 patch version

Last one let you switch music tracks and play non player region related ones...I know that sounds silly, but it was a nice feature.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Here's a little inspiration for V3, allowing more variety in terms of politics while keeping the symmetry. Feel free to use it. :)

I feel like you are trying to imply something by having religion and capitalism right next to each other, and I am angry about it

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'm the fanatic pacifist fascist.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Considering the shitfit that erupted over the word "collectivism" in Stellaris, I can't imagine how awful this thread will be when info on Vicky 3 starts coming out. The mods should probably get a Predator drone over Oberleutnant's house in preparation for a preemptive strike.
I think we, as posters, have matured a lot since then.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

That was my first guess too but it seems kind of obscure. Why not juat go with a gavel or something else law or government related?
Because it was to symbolize bureaucracy specifically, not law or courts.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I feel like you are trying to imply something by having religion and capitalism right next to each other, and I am angry about it
You may in fact be right.

DrSunshine posted:

I'm the fanatic pacifist fascist.
Hitler mustaches are the symbol of xenophobia, not fascism.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Because it was to symbolize bureaucracy specifically, not law or courts.

You may in fact be right.

Hitler mustaches are the symbol of xenophobia, not fascism.

how could you even think of implying that religion could be helped by a more capitalistic approach to how it is structured. rear end in a top hat

/s

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

Phi230 is the king of bad opinions about strategy games. Just look at his meltdowns in the Total Warhammer thread.

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

sarmhan posted:

Phi230 is the king of bad opinions about strategy games. Just look at his meltdowns in the Total Warhammer thread.

:agreed:

Phi230 posted:

HoI4 has no supply, resource consumption, or HQs to speak of.

So how is it a wargame?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

sarmhan posted:

did that turn out to be poo poo or something?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

did that turn out to be poo poo or something?

It's pretty great, probably their best release yet (although I've only played Total Wars since Rome 1). Got all the stability of Attila without the boring setting.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Enjoy posted:

It's pretty great, probably their best release yet (although I've only played Total Wars since Rome 1). Got all the stability of Attila without the boring setting.

Cool. Haven't played since Empire, but I may have to check it out

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

what i mean is, what's the last one that didn't have the retarded AE changes

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Cool. Haven't played since Empire, but I may have to check it out

Yea its pretty good. I haven't found a single game exploding bug yet. The different factions are also well thought out and cool. It just makes me wish they did 40k instead of just warhammer though.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

corn in the bible posted:

what i mean is, what's the last one that didn't have the retarded AE changes

Uh, the one before the current one.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Last truly good CK2 patch was probably the post-Old Gods hotfix... There's been a lot of good changes since but they always come with retarded stuff like India and tribals

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Tribals are great though? :confused:

Though I wish the AI would have them go republic just a tad more often instead of feudal. Seems like a good way to combat the "Venice is the only republic" problem.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
India is cool and good.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I haven't.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Yams Fan
2.4.5 is the best because it's compatible with the elder scrolls mod

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The Real Foogla posted:

2.4.5 is the best because it's compatible with the elder scrolls mod

Elder Scrolls mod is pretty boss to be honest, I'll have to agree.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Larry Parrish posted:

Last truly good CK2 patch was probably the post-Old Gods hotfix... There's been a lot of good changes since but they always come with retarded stuff like India and tribals

Tribals are fun. India is lame to play, but it wont affect your game in any way if you stay clear of it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What makes India so lame to play? You'd expect it to be like anywhere else, with a few twists.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Phlegmish posted:

What makes India so lame to play? You'd expect it to be like anywhere else, with a few twists.

Is just like anywhere else feudal, but in a corner of the world where nothing interesting happens and habing to deal with a few bad implemented mechanics that feel shoehorned in, like the caste system. Its just boring

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 2, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PleasingFungus posted:

sarmhan posted:

So is the goon opinion that Vikky 2 is not a good game then?

Also yall take bait way too easy. Look at any of my posts in the HoI4 thread and you'll know that I was being sarcastic

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Elias_Maluco posted:

India is lame to play, but it wont affect your game in any way if you stay clear of it.
I would flip this completely the other way. India is fun to play, but it's completely pointless if you play elsewhere because it never has any effect on the rest of the world.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

I would flip this completely the other way. India is fun to play, but it's completely pointless if you play elsewhere because it never has any effect on the rest of the world.

Which boggles my mind why people want something like China. Its just more performance degradation for something that doesn't really add all that much

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Phi230 posted:

Which boggles my mind why people want something like China. Its just more performance degradation for something that doesn't really add all that much

Who wants it?

In any case, it could be cool if they create some fun and unique mechanics to it, like they did with the hordes (and unlike what they did to India). Aditionaly, it would make India and hordes more fun to play too.

And just make both India and China options (if you set it off, the whole area become empty and impassable), so it wont affect the performance for people who arent interested on playing there.

Anything is better than messing more with the base gameplay IMHO

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Phi230 posted:

I'd like China.

As part of a separate game set there in more or less the same time period with different themes and mechanics.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Archaeology Hat posted:

I'd like China.

As part of a separate game set there in more or less the same time period with different themes and mechanics.

It would be to CK3 what Sengoku was to CK2 and you would hate it.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Phi230 posted:

So is the goon opinion that Vikky 2 is not a good game then?

Generally goon opinion is 'Vicky 2 is good except for all the parts that make it Vicky 2.'

Frankly it would make more sense to me if it being a bad game was the general opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
There are a lot of things about Victoria II that are super cool. It manages a sense of dramatic technological & social change over the course of the game that no other game I know of can manage. Just a pity that its warfare, political, population, economic & technological systems are such a mess!