Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

dhamster posted:

Is it worth it to get sign if I have a PC, since I have no idea when revelator is coming to my platform?

probably not since the only people who play gg are heads and the gg heads are gonna get rev on console and play that and pc will be an american post-gold rush style ghost town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

This is actually really well-animated -- not just because it's fluid and weird, but because it's fluid and weird while also still having totally readable attacks that make visual sense for a fighting game. It's amazing how many indie FG devs don't really seem to get that.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
On sale maybe? It goes down to twenty bucks sometimes. Depends how dedicated you are to training mode cause the online is getting pretty scarce. I've friended a handful of the PC players on the forums and play games a few times a week.

There's barely any mechanic difference between the two so if you're not desperate to play with the new chars it's fine for practicing up. I use it to practice stuff and play Rev at locals.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If you have not played xrd before its worth it on sale just to play xrd even if you dont play online much because their challenges and missions are some of the best around and im sure you can get a goon who bought it on pc to play with you every so often.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The period of least investment would have been the anime sale a couple months ago, it was like $15 in that. Maybe it'll go that low again in the Summer sale.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

dhamster posted:

Is it worth it to get sign if I have a PC, since I have no idea when revelator is coming to my platform?

Yes. It's a great port of a great game and every sale convinces Arcsys to bring future games either faster or at all.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i'm tempted but on the other hand i don't want to give Arcsys the idea that PC gamers will keep buying everything that comes out 6 months late with no rollback

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i'm tempted but on the other hand i don't want to give Arcsys the idea that PC gamers will keep buying everything that comes out 6 months late with no rollback

Xrd was almost 2 years late

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

dhamster posted:

If you don't have a PS4, then yes. The online is still reasonably active.

interrodactyl posted:

arcade layout

anything else is blaspehmy

like those people who play neo-geo games on box layout

loving heathens

When I was playing KOF XIV at Combo Breaker, I forgot to remap the buttons and the person before me had the layout in box mode. It was loving atrocious.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Real hurthling! posted:

It was only a year after consoles, wasn't it? Arcade doesn't count for me, those are mythical things that don't exist.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

attackmole posted:

It was only a year after consoles, wasn't it? Arcade doesn't count for me, those are mythical things that don't exist.

In that case yeah

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Real hurthling! posted:

worth the wait

also oh poo poo revelator next week, is there a ps4 preload?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

arcade layout with P and K swapped, with a macro of your choice bound to second kick :troll:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Uh the demo probably? Iunno if they'd scrap all its assets and make you redownload it, I hope they just patch it.

We do have a guilty gear thread BTW, as much fun as the current trend of this and the SFV thread acting as surrogate guilty gear threads is.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

edit wrong thread

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 1, 2016

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

worth the wait

also oh poo poo revelator next week, is there a ps4 preload?
I pre-ordered the JP version of Revelator and preload was available about a day before release. Maybe the US version will be the same.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

attackmole posted:

Uh the demo probably? Iunno if they'd scrap all its assets and make you redownload it, I hope they just patch it.

I haven't seen any games that do it that way on ps4.
My library is full of defunct betas and demos. Sony claims to have a hide function coming for these licenses. I imagine they do it that way because they dont want to set up a system that removes/replaces software licenses from an account automatically for hundreds of thousands of people at once.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 1, 2016

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Mattavist posted:

Do people play enough to teach me how to play? Or is it just like Zand yelling "play children of the atom" into the night?

I wouldn't mind giving a crash course in jojo's if your interested in playing it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Literal quote I overheard at locals yesterday.

"I don't play Guilty Gear because it doesn't have any waifus"

i loving hate anime so much

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
What a loving idiot

Guilty Gear has plenty of waifus

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
GG has a literal waifu, your mates are garbage.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
these people are not my mates

they are people in the same room as me and they make me uncomfortable

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tell that dude about the exciting Panty Switching technology in revelator

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

attackmole posted:

Literal quote I overheard at locals yesterday.

"I don't play Guilty Gear because it doesn't have any waifus"

i loving hate anime so much

do you know why dfc is so popular

licensed waifus

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i-no is the perfect waifu

she even swears at me and makes me feel like trash its great

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

i-no is the perfect waifu

she even swears at me and makes me feel like trash its great

...are we your waifus too

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Zato's rear end is a good waifu

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

trying to come up with a way to imply that zato is too hard to play while making it sound like i'm calling his rear end too hard, failing

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

BattleHamster posted:

I wouldn't mind giving a crash course in jojo's if your interested in playing it.

I'd appreciate something like this since I've been thinking about getting into it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

trying to come up with a way to imply that zato is too hard to play while making it sound like i'm calling his rear end too hard, failing

It's not hard, it's tight, but if you play around with it a little it's easier to grasp it.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I've read about double tapping but outside of the how I don't understand the why, what is the benefit of pressing a button twice instead of just once? Does it have something to do with manipulating the input buffer? Hello thanks for reading my post.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reiley posted:

I've read about double tapping but outside of the how I don't understand the why, what is the benefit of pressing a button twice instead of just once? Does it have something to do with manipulating the input buffer? Hello thanks for reading my post.

you have to hit a button in a particular window to get what you want. do you hope you nail the correct timing on one press or would you like to be getting that input in over 2 frames?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

you have to hit a button in a particular window to get what you want. do you hope you nail the correct timing on one press or would you like to be getting that input in over 2 frames?

Oooh that explains it completely, thanks I understand now.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeah, it's real good sometimes but not the easiest thing to get used to doing, since just jamming on the button twice with whatever fat hunk of meat you got near it isn't the same thing

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It's important to note that in most fighting games it's impossible to repeat an input two frames in a row. Even double tapping perfectly will inherently have a frame of button release (negative edge) that will only apply to special moves in most games. On top of that, doing perfect double taps is incredibly hard so you might often have more than a 1 frame gap somewhere.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
Can't wait for T7. No more bound f yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I practice the art of quadruple tapping to make sure I have all my bases covered

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I practice the art of quadruple tapping to make sure I have all my bases covered

Yeah when im on tilt i revert to spamming the button i want until i see that i got it and then im spamming the next one. If i dont know what button to push i push several and hope for the best
Gotta work on keeping my cool

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I still really wish there was a way to disable the thumbstick on Vita fighting games so it doesn't get in the way of the d-pad while playing Last Blade 2. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemon-Lime posted:

I still really wish there was a way to disable the thumbstick on Vita fighting games so it doesn't get in the way of the d-pad while playing Last Blade 2. :(

can you remap it at the system level to inputs that dont do anything like the triggers (with macros disabled) ?