Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Zipperelli. posted:

Pretty sure the OP was referring to the sagging pants.

oldpainless posted:

Sounds like someone is projecting their own prejudices to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Munchables posted:

How are pants racist?

Oh you sweet summer child

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012
PYF Example of Goons Not Knowing What Dogwhistle Racism Is

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Kiebland posted:

But if you recognize dogwhistle racism, that makes you the real racist. :smuggo:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Kiebland posted:

With a twist of YOU'RE THE REAL RACIST. Hearty breed, us goons.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kiebland posted:

Complaining about sagging pants with zero other context (the race of the kid is never brought up in the thing posted) really does not sound inherently racist. It sounds more like an out of touch old person complaining about KIDS THESE DAYS than anything else

You're being way too sensitive.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Chomp8645 posted:

Complaining about sagging pants with zero other context (the race of the kid is never brought up in the thing posted) really does not sound inherently racist. It sounds more like an out of touch old person complaining about KIDS THESE DAYS than anything else

You're being way too sensitive.

And I assume when they talk about "urban thugs" with no context that's not racial either?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/788512/duterte-media-corruption-root-cause-of-journalists-killings

quote:

DAVAO CITY – President-elect Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday blamed corruption in the media and irresponsible reporting for the killings of journalists in the country.

In his first press conference at the presidential guest house in Barangay Panacan, Duterte recounted the killing of a broadcaster in Davao City to stress his point.

Duterte said the broadcaster was murdered because of his alleged irresponsible reports and connection to political operators who paid him to attack public figures.

He said it is a sad reality that some reporters are accepting bribes to attack or defend politicians or public officials.

“It’s not because you’re a journalist you’re exempted from assassination if you’re a son of a bitch,” he added.

Duterte said the freedom of expression enshrined in the 1987 Constitution will not protect reporters from assassination if they are corrupt or careless in reporting.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/02/philippines-duterte-accused-of-disrespect-after-wolf-whistling-female-journalist

quote:

Philippine president-elect Rodrigo Duterte was on Thursday accused of sexual harassment and disrespecting women after wolf whistling at a female journalist on a nationally televised media conference.

Duterte, 71, interrupted a question from television reporter Mariz Umali on Tuesday night about his cabinet appointees with a light-hearted comment about her trying to get his attention, before wolf whistling and breaking into a short serenade.

Umali continued trying to ask her question as Duterte smiled and some other reporters laughed.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/788958/dont-gently caress-with-me-he-tells-media

quote:

DAVAO CITY, Philippines—Saying journalists “think too much of themselves,” President-elect Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday lashed out at the media, and told those who were calling for a boycott of his press conferences not to cover him.

“Kill journalism in this country. Stop journalism in this country, if you are worth your salt. If not, then I will think lowly of you. [That would mean] that you are cowards,” Duterte told reporters in Davao City.

Asked later for clarification, Duterte backtracked and said he did not mean to say the country, but stop coverage in his city in response to the boycott call by the international journalists’ group, Reporters Without Borders.

“I cannot stop you,” Duterte said.

“I was saying, you idiots, do not threaten me. I said I’m ready to lose the presidency, my honor or my life. Just do not gently caress with me,” Duterte said.

Amid an international backlash over his remarks justifying the killings of corrupt journalists, Duterte expressed no remorse.

“Go ahead, boycott me. I’m urging you: Make this trip your last to Davao City. I do not care if no one is covering me,” he said.

“I’m telling the networks, do not come here. I do not need you… I would ask the Cabinet to avoid you,” he added.

He told reporters to just cover him through the state television network, or a website where his administration would post information.

The President-elect was apparently incensed at global criticism that he had drawn for his statements on Tuesday night, when he said one journalist was killed not because of his profession, but because he was corrupt.

His camp said on Wednesday that his statements were misinterpreted, and that he was not justifying the killings of corrupt journalists.

Duterte laid down his classification of journalists: the “crusaders, who bare all to the public,” the “mouthpiece of vested interests,” and “the lowlives.”

Saying he had been “very careful” about his statements, Duterte refused to apologize for citing the case of Jun Pala, the journalist killed in Davao City in 2003.

“No apologies. Bullshit,” he said.

He hit corruption in journalism, telling the reporters, “It’s about time we bared each other. Let us not deny each other the truth.”

“Almost everyone is asking. I just don’t want to talk. All,” he said, adding that he himself had given money and favors to journalists.

gradenko_2000 has a new favorite as of 18:04 on Jun 2, 2016

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012

Who What Now posted:

And I assume when they talk about "urban thugs" with no context that's not racial either?

Well, duh, they don't mention the race of the urban thugs :smug:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog-whistle_politics

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Who What Now posted:

Who is "they" and when were urban thugs mentioned?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

oldpainless posted:

Who is "they" and when were urban thugs mentioned?

Does it matter? And every time a black person does anything, ever.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

quote:

On the campaign trail he made a joke about wanting to rape a “beautiful” Australian missionary who had been sexually assaulted and murdered in a 1989 prison riot in his hometown of Davao.

When his daughter reacted to those comments by revealing she had been raped, Duterte described her in jest as a “drama queen”.

Sounds like a "high level mastermind" to me. Too bad I'm too simple and onion-skinned to keep up with him.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Does it matter? And every time a black person does anything, ever.

Wait a minute. Is "they" (looks all around him to check and then leans in to make eye contact with you with a knowing stare and softly whispers) white people?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Weatherman posted:

oldpainless more like oldclueless amirite

I feel like I've used that one already :(

I'd have gone with oldbrainless myself

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

cash crab posted:

I'm not a pedophile; I am, however, a teacher,

Also, I had to look this up by keyword because it is no longer trending, which surprises me a tad.

What's fuckin crazy is that the boy's parents knew and were cool with it. Just gross

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Plom Bar posted:

I'd have gone with oldbrainless myself

I forgive you for that and I still consider us good friends

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Boywhiz88 posted:

What's fuckin crazy is that the boy's parents knew and were cool with it. Just gross

There is an alarming amount of leniencty given to straight female pedophiles, because of that bullshit stereotype that males, and teenager boys in particular, are always, constantly horny.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

paradoxGentleman posted:

There is an alarming amount of leniencty given to straight female pedophiles, because of that bullshit stereotype that males, and teenager boys in particular, are always, constantly horny.

What really incenses me is that these exact same people are always first in line to declare that not enough attention is paid to male victims of rape and sexual violence any time some one talks about a female victim.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Back in 2008, I traveled for work and did a lot of overnights. So, reading lovely old magazines in the break room happened a fair amount. I think it was People that had a big article on the fallout for boys in these situations and the issues of trust, sexuality, and issues of being bullied or shunned for the acts, or for going to the police etc. It was really sad to read about this guy whose life got hosed up because of one sick woman.

EDIT: found one from last year that actually happened in my city

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...13d5_story.html

Boywhiz88 has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Jun 2, 2016

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'll bet the kid doesn't think he's lucky, if he even understands what was going on (at 13 he probably does though) hell even later on in life he's probably gonna be

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I find it kind of funny that a veteran shared this. He does it so often I can't even be bothered to Snopes him anymore.

I clicked on the profile that originally shared this to him and its full of homophobia, jingoistic paranoia and racism. Unsurprising.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The IOSM today is Twitter itself:

https://twitter.com/jonrosenberg/status/738475004480917508

While, at the same time, Facebook is banning users for joking about whether people are goths or not.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

TinTower posted:

While, at the same time, Facebook is banning users for joking about whether people are goths or not.

Is it 1999 or something?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Facebook will ban you for calling out actual white supremacists. Reddit has better moderation than facebook does.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is it 1999 or something?

It's a trans community in-joke. Apparently well-known transphobes don't take too kindly to their identity being questioned and delegitimatised. :ironicat:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The Trans* Sack of Rome

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
LOL is Cathy Brennan still salty at being called a fake goth? What an incredibly weird thing for an activist lawyer to fixate on

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

No-one has attained enlightenment by seeing this flag.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

hackbunny posted:

LOL is Cathy Brennan still salty at being called a fake goth? What an incredibly weird thing for an activist lawyer to fixate on

Well, she's an activist and a lawyer, but not necessarily both.

Unless you count representing loan sharks as activism.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Asian/Filipino Trump.

If you hadn't heard, his nickname is The Asian/Filipino Trump.

Though their country has a shorter distance to fall and their collapse won't drag the world economy into The Great Depression 2:[insert trump wordplay here].

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PhazonLink posted:

If you hadn't heard, his nickname is The Asian/Filipino Trump.

Though their country has a shorter distance to fall and their collapse won't drag the world economy into The Clutch Plague 2:[insert trump wordplay here].

Oh, don't I know it. I'm experiencing it live and it's been magical to see the country go full polarized "Crazy Political Forwards" in the span of a single campaign period.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Visigoths are the good ones. Ostrogoths are a bunch of pantswearing barbarian thugs and we should probably build a wall to keep them out.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
A father's take on a 24 year old teacher loving her 13 year old student:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I wonder if he'd feel the same way if the genders were reversed?

Actually, no, I don't.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Red Hood posted:

This guys got problems

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Red Hood posted:

Beyond the awfulness of the general sentiment, I love that he thinks young teachers are rolling in dough.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

hyperhazard posted:

Beyond the awfulness of the general sentiment, I love that he thinks young teachers are rolling in dough.

He says the 13 year old is rolling in dough, though? Which, I didn't understand.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Rereading it, are you sure the dude is serious because now I'm having doubts.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I'm pretty sure it's a troll post having made exactly 4 in my internet career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Can someone send him a facebook message asking him?