Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i wonder if big bo had to defeat his mentor The Bo to earn hsi title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Vanquish & Binary Domain make all western 3rd person shooters look and play like dog poo poo.

and Lost Planet 1/2

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

At least 9 out of every 10 western third person shooters look and play like poo poo anyways.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

binary domain is a nightmare to set up and play on pc though lol

Like I give a gently caress about PCucks.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

PHOLY poo poo CANT GET ENOUGH THIS MEME

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This game is amazing but the optimization and refresh rate are sub part at best on my Dr. Who styled rig. *sips cum*

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

it plays fine with kb+m and the default controls though? unless you mean the voice controls which don't work that well but you don't need to rely on them if you're good.

it has mouse acceleration that cant be turned off

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I guess it says something about my pc shooter experience that I didn't even notice and I played through it twice.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i dont really notice mouse acceleration or anything. if something's weird i get used to it

i blame years of using lovely controllers and mice

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

it has like negative mouse accel that I could not deal with. I gave up and played it with a controller

Dec 26, 2012

also if you try to turn off controller autoaim it resets itself back on as soon as you close out the menu

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Binary domain was great because of the incredibly French combat robot

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
There were a few reports in January that sega was porting vanquish to steam and in the months since then my blue balls have gone metastatic

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Milkman posted:

thinking about vanquish

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

There were a few reports in January that sega was porting vanquish to steam and in the months since then my blue balls have gone metastatic

I thought it was on steam before and got taken down for some reason.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Came to post this, but thank you for doing it already. Has to be posted any time Vanquish is mentioned.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't want to make its own thread since we already have one for this platinum game so I just wanted to say that the hell levels in Bayonetta 2 are some of my favorite in all of gaming

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i generally dont like fighting the demon enemies in bayo 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I didn't want to make its own thread since we already have one for this platinum game so I just wanted to say that the hell levels in Bayonetta 2 are some of my favorite in all of gaming

the diamond thing miniboss in hell is loving awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SrWVjobRR0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

i generally dont like fighting the demon enemies in bayo 2

I love their design and their tricky nature compared to the heaven enemies that generally just get bigger rather than more interesting. Also love:

- the boss fight where you save Jeanne
- the horse escape
- seeing rodin's power
- the visuals of hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the parts where the kid is opening portals to heaven and you fly in to steal keys and then have weird little minigames where you are dive kicking for minutes and blowing up crystals ... Fuuuuck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't deny the insanely sick opening half that culminates in that fight against the masked sage where both of your familiars are slugging it out in the background and then you take them over for a boxing minigame to finish the fight

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

everything from stage 11 (alraune fight) to right before the final boss is some extremely good poo poo to me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

everything from stage 11 (alraune fight) to right before the final boss is some extremely good poo poo to me

this is right where I'm at and if I'm remembering correctly it's like 5 boss only stages with insane fights and that one section in heaven with a bunch of hard as nails fights against dog style enemies. Looking forward to it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And I forgot about this Bayonetta 1 throwback chapter with the magitek armors O_o

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

as soon as i got the accessory that turns umbran climax into the robot i equipped it and never looked back

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i fully expected the rear end in a top hat claw things from bayo 1 to be in the throwback chapter and i still got really pissed when i saw them lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tfw you end a chapter with 9.99 combo multiplier

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I didn't realize this until now but you can play as OG Bayonetta and she does 3x damage but everything does 3x damage to her. Fun way to play if you're going to for platinums

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Also I didn't realize this until now but you can play as OG Bayonetta and she does 3x damage but everything does 3x damage to her. Fun way to play if you're going to for platinums

whaaat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really wanted to get to the rodin fight in bayo 2 but the infinite climax difficulty is some real poo poo. and if that was kicking my rear end :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i really wanted to get to the rodin fight in bayo 2 but the infinite climax difficulty is some real poo poo. and if that was kicking my rear end :(

I've got gold or higher on like 80% of 3rd climax levels and I looked at my records and the furthest I got was chapter 2 on infinite climax with like 9+ continues lol. It's insane

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I've got gold or higher on like 80% of 3rd climax levels and I looked at my records and the furthest I got was chapter 2 on infinite climax with like 9+ continues lol. It's insane

i like how in the tutorial chapter they have you fight like 3 bosses on that tiny plane lmao. they just throw loving everything at you and even the bosses have insane attack speeds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i like how in the tutorial chapter they have you fight like 3 bosses on that tiny plane lmao. they just throw loving everything at you and even the bosses have insane attack speeds

I like how the space sections of this game are like an insanely badass version of the final boss fight from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i have plats in everything 3rd climax and up *powerful gamer flex*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i have plats in everything 3rd climax and up *powerful gamer flex*

You platted all of infinite climax ???? Good god.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

You platted all of infinite climax ???? Good god.

im not trying to sound braggy but i think bayo2 is mostly kinda easy and its part of the reason i like bayo1 a lil more

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the last 2 sections of lost chapter and getting platinum on (secret boss is this even a spoiler???) rodin were definitely challenging tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Also the parts where the kid is opening portals to heaven and you fly in to steal keys and then have weird little minigames where you are dive kicking for minutes and blowing up crystals ... Fuuuuck

I just beat this part and it's so good already. Cant believe Im hearing it only gets better. I also really appreciate the mechanical differences between fights with angels and demons, I thought the demon thing was kind of lame at first but the fights really do feel distinct

• Locked thread