Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

chunkles posted:

Not only did this sentence sell me on this guy but hire this dude to do draft reports in the USA please

It is really great and I am rooting for Bentil, and this reporter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

what do y'all think of Luwawu

He's 21, which tempers enthusiasm. However, he's a hopping birch of a man. He's reportedly a good defender . He's shot a good percentage but has a clunky release and took a lot of open shots because of mega leks's style. He plays smart. Add the good and bad of thabo and bazemore, add better passing and nose for the basket. I wouldn't mind if my team chose him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
We're just about at private workout time, the real season for fans of bad teams.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

if boston selects marquese chriss they are the worst organization. i hate jonathan givony.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

straight up brolic posted:

if boston selects marquese chriss they are the worst organization. i hate jonathan givony.

Now I sorta think he looks like a Timberwolf

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Lockback posted:

Now I sorta think he looks like a Timberwolf

shockingly he looks like the most recent player to be (potentially) drafted that high with the same issues (except he could actually rebound the ball)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Well Chriss seems like he might be able to hit a 3 now and again like Ibaka or Bosh, unlike Tyrus Thomas. I don't think Chriss will go top-5 but at least I sorta see the appeal.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Lockback posted:

Well Chriss seems like he might be able to hit a 3 now and again like Ibaka or Bosh, unlike Tyrus Thomas. I don't think Chriss will go top-5 but at least I sorta see the appeal.
Chriss was possibly the worst rebounder in college basketball ever for a player of his size and athletic ability. He's a baby back bitch on the boards and terrible defender.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Chriss apparently only recently started playing basketball. Like he is a converted football player. Obviously he won't make it passed the Jazz who are searching for the next Harpring

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Did he play quarterback? I've never seen a player that likes being touched less. Dude can barely execute a box out

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Chriss was possibly the worst rebounder in college basketball ever for a player of his size and athletic ability. He's a baby back bitch on the boards and terrible defender.

did you not watch Skal play

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Pro for Malik Beasley: his dad just liked one of my tweets

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

did you not watch Skal play

Skal always looked like he had no idea what was going on, Chriss seems indifferent to the ideas of defense and rebounding

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

shockingly he looks like the most recent player to be (potentially) drafted that high with the same issues (except he could actually rebound the ball)

trigger warning

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

euphronius posted:

Seemed liked he carried it or palmed it.

Looks way more legal than half of Steph Curry's penetration and drive by dribbles, some of which look basically like bounce passes to himself--99% of which are praised and repeated in highlight reels. These are pretty basic moves by NBA standards.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Did he play quarterback? I've never seen a player that likes being touched less. Dude can barely execute a box out

Big who doesn't care at all about defense or rebounding is the reddest flag. Other tweener busts like Beasley and Bennett were tough rebounders in college. Bennett, similar to Chriss, didn't care about playing defense. 4% star, 85% bust, 11% okay.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I agree on Chriss. He'll be in europe in 3 years.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

After Drummond and Adams I'm not ever putting the bust label on any red flag prospect

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/738776196020862977

lotta teams seem high on Chriss

of course anything Boston might do or was thinking about doing but didn't gets leaked to the media so who knows if it's true or just posturing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am all for all these reports that end up with Murray falling to the Wolves so I can be incredibly disappointed when we take Kris Dunn instead

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Sir_Charles posted:

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/738776196020862977

lotta teams seem high on Chriss

of course anything Boston might do or was thinking about doing but didn't gets leaked to the media so who knows if it's true or just posturing
no loving way are the Celtics this stupid

I just wrote an article on their predicament

http://thesportsquotient.com/nba/2016/6/3/the-celtics-2016-nba-draft-is-one-of-those-good

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

http://thesportsquotient.com/nba/2016/6/3/the-celtics-2016-nba-draft-is-one-of-those-good

Remember, a bunch of poo poo right now is misdirection and outright lies by player's agents. You do this poo poo to try and Dion Waiters your guy up the draft.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Lockback posted:

Remember, a bunch of poo poo right now is misdirection and outright lies by player's agents. You do this poo poo to try and Dion Waiters your guy up the draft.
Haha yeah I meant that in like a 'they couldn't possibly think that's a good idea' way. Brown sorta makes sense but I'm out on Chriss

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

Dion is a star so Boston should do that

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Metapod posted:

Dion is a star so Boston should do that
omg you're alive :glomp:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Pro-read.

Also, I don't even think Chad Ford is trying anymore, his latest mock is just bizarre.

Dunn goes third, despite explicitly saying he doesn't want to go to Boston, Chriss goes 4th, Bender falls all the way to 6th, and Denver takes Jaylen Brown while Hield is still on the board.

edit: Dejounte Murray rockets up to the #10 spot and Demetrius Jackson falls to the #29 despite Philly picking at #24 and #26.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 3, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

omg you're alive :glomp:

Well yeah I'm not going to kill my self now that I'm actually in a situation that I'm happy in

E: note I was never going to kill my self just unhappy and possibly depressed for years (not sports related).

(Sports related) buddy hield is the best perimeter player in the draft

Metapod fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 3, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Anything about who the Raps are looking at? I'm concerned they might draft for need, as I know Ujiri said getting a PF is a priority (re-signing DeRozan was the other). Thing is if they re-sign DeMar I can't imagine they'll have much room for signing a PF, unless, they trade somebody to make cap space.

Edit: There is this

quote:

Toronto GM Masai Ujiri, whose team has the No. 9 pick, has publicly said he would consider trade offers as his team seeks to become a legitimate contender. But the Raptors would be just the start of a run of teams willing to take offers on their pick. The Bucks and Magic are also willing to deal, and the Jazz — another team with playoff aspirations and enough youth on hand — are said to be among the most eager to trade.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 3, 2016

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'd draft Brown at three if he agreed to cut his hair

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I'd love it if Charlotte could trade up but I don't think Jeremy Lamb or Spencer Hawes are the missing pieces for anybody

smithers
Jun 18, 2013
Marquese Chriss is the forward version of Terrence Ross. Taking him at 3 would likely be a huge mistake.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Lakers have basically held a rookie convention the last three years, topping out at 65 prospects last year that they publicly worked out and made available to the media.

They are scaling way back this year, though. That sucks! I wonder why.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I have no idea who the Pels are going to draft and don't know who I want them to draft.

Is there anyone projected around 6th that has a feel for the game (i.e. not a mewling lamb with blinders) with the physical potential to be a starter?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Kibner posted:

I have no idea who the Pels are going to draft and don't know who I want them to draft.

Is there anyone projected around 6th that has a feel for the game (i.e. not a mewling lamb with blinders) with the physical potential to be a starter?

Buddy Hield maybe?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Buddy Hield would be a really good pick for them, although I like him a bit more on a team with a point forward type of player

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Buddy Hield would be a really good pick for them, although I like him a bit more on a team with a point forward type of player

My dream that will never happen is the Bucks trading Monroe+10 to the Pelicans if Buddy falls to them.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Hand Row posted:

My dream that will never happen is the Bucks trading Monroe+10 to the Pelicans if Buddy falls to them.
I, too, have this dream. But both of us having that dream suggests that maybe it is just a dream.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hield fits good for them. Id like to see NOLA be good in a couple of years.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Let me tell you about tyreke evans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is Asik a 30+mpg starter for them? Or will they have a hole in the front court when Ryan Anderson leaves for a bazillion dollars

• Locked thread