Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Mister Kingdom posted:

This pretty much completes my collection of favorite Britcoms from the 70s/80s.

They tried to remake this in England and from what I heard, it sucked. They tried an American version and it DID suck (despite having Richard Mulligan).

Yeah the Martin Clunes remake was all right. It only ran for a couple of seasons, as I remember. It was quite surreal. I liked it, but I don't think I'd go out of my way to see it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

But as I mentioned, for my smoothies, a tablespoon or two of chia seeds will make them naturally thick without resorting to bacteria slime.

I use Greek yogurt (fage) and metamucil as my thickeners, but am interested in using chia seeds. Do they import any flavor? Do they have any specific health benefits (besides fiber, I assume)?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chia seeds do have a nutty flavor. I only add a little bit for that reason. And yeah it's pretty much pure fiber so be careful with it or bathroom time will be terrible.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Not the best sausage in the world, but still good

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

But really what is the best sausage in the world? No way we can come to consensus on that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

colas posted:

But really what is the best sausage in the world? No way we can come to consensus on that.

Regardless of whether or not we could even describe any one sausage as being the best, I feel we can all agree that Taylor's Sausage brand landjaegar is not it.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
My smoothie recipe...

1/3 Vodka
1/3 Cream
1/3 Kahlúa

Pour over ice cubes and blend.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Wanamingo posted:

"Natural smoke flavoring added"
Sir, that is what a foodie would call a red flag on yumminess

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Mister Kingdom posted:

This pretty much completes my collection of favorite Britcoms from the 70s/80s.

They tried to remake this in England and from what I heard, it sucked. They tried an American version and it DID suck (despite having Richard Mulligan).

Watching this show when I was a kid was a preview of what my adult experience in corporate America would be like. There have been times when various bosses have called me to their office and then made me wait and I immediately thought of CJ saying "1-2-3-4 make 'em sweat outside the door..."

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

I bought a :airquote:new:airquote: calculator.

Runs like a charm.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
That is an adding machine :colbert:

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

SpartanIV posted:

That is an adding machine :colbert:

Oh yeah? :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-w2a3iJRGE

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

2 Tickets to See Ludovico Einaudi live in November.....god 5 months is so far away :negative:

Third time seeing him live and man it's always a good time.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

charismaslover posted:

2 Tickets to See Ludovico Einaudi live in November.....god 5 months is so far away :negative:

Third time seeing him live and man it's always a good time.

Try to curb your enthusiasm there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bought tickets to Hannibal Buress and Piff the Magic Dragon in July.

They look like tickets, so I didn't take a picture. Also I think it would be rude to post a picture of Hannibal or Piff because it might imply I purchased them.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Piff the Magic Dragon

For anyone else wondering. I remember seeing him on one of those Got Talent X-Factor-type shows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, he was on AGT last year.

He does low key comedy magic.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, he was on AGT last year.

He does low key comedy magic.

Is it worth seeing? I'm headed to vegas in June. Already dropping money on cirque tickets and was debating on zombie burlesque or this. Any suggestions?

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

sterster posted:

Is it worth seeing? I'm headed to vegas in June. Already dropping money on cirque tickets and was debating on zombie burlesque or this. Any suggestions?

Zombie burlesque or piff the low-key magic comedian? How about just send me the money and I'll tap dance on your dick & balls

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sterster posted:

I've never seen him outside of AGT. The show's only at the end of July.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
A sixer of:

and

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

sterster posted:

was debating on zombie burlesque

Just buy a hammer and some nails and drive them into your scrote

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

big mean giraffe posted:

A sixer of:

and

Too fruity imo

edit: got a 4 pack of this, forgot it was a nearly 10% abv

Fayez Butts has a new favorite as of 02:40 on Jun 4, 2016

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

charismaslover posted:

2 Tickets to See Ludovico Einaudi live in November.....

Great choice, I bet that will be a fantastic concert!

Dang... Now you've got me checking into whether he'll be playing nearby... :ninja:

E: Ha! Nevermind, closest he's coming is out in California :(

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 03:57 on Jun 4, 2016

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
Instead of using ice in your smoothies use frozen juice, or a frozen banana, frozen blue berries, frozen cold press coffee, frozen yogurt. Anything but water really, because why are you watering down your smoothie??

anyhoo.. bought some Earthbound merch which actually wasn't absurdly overpriced

also some good books

Computer Serf has a new favorite as of 07:31 on Jun 4, 2016

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a basketball today.

I don't know why. I was in the store and walked through sporting goods and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Guess I have to go to the park and shoot some hoops now

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

OSU_Matthew posted:

Great choice, I bet that will be a fantastic concert!

Dang... Now you've got me checking into whether he'll be playing nearby... :ninja:

E: Ha! Nevermind, closest he's coming is out in California :(

Yeah it's always a great time seeing him. The good thing about being in the UK is that he usually tours twice a year here, if you can see him I'd definitely recommend it!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Gonna make the sun my bitch...

I've been keeping track of portable solar panels in my amazon prime wish list for over a year as competition gradually drove prices down and decided to bite now that a good 14 watt panel was only $30 with free next day shipping, and with summer arriving. Large/efficient enough to collect a full phone charge charge in 3-4 hours of southern california or mohave desert sunshine. Weighs less than I thought too.

My little lipstick size 3000mAh battery wasn't cutting it anymore, so I got a 16000mAh battery, that also charges my poo poo in less than half the time, due to it being smarter, or something.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
My journey into early 90s luxury stereos and Patrick Batemanness continues with a Bang & Olufsen BeoCenter 8500 I picked up for €55.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

nocal posted:

Zombie burlesque or piff the low-key magic comedian? How about just send me the money and I'll tap dance on your dick & balls

PCOS Bill posted:

Just buy a hammer and some nails and drive them into your scrote

Real quality post here guys. You both have male genital mutilation fetish it appears. Maybe you should get together to work on your own act. Then I'll pay to come watch you play with each others gentlemen sausage.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

evobatman posted:

My journey into early 90s luxury stereos and Patrick Batemanness continues with a Bang & Olufsen BeoCenter 8500 I picked up for €55.

Aw yiss. My then-girlfriend's dad had that system back in the early 90s, and I've still got the pentagonal-section 5' tall speakers from it. Lovely kit. Good snag.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

evobatman posted:

Is there any upside to this beside being able to do stuff like spin 180 degrees on your chair to great your guest while petting a cat or planning world domination? Like does this sound better than some lovely sony cd player? The thing looks huge

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

KingColliwog posted:

Is there any upside to this beside being able to do stuff like spin 180 degrees on your chair to great your guest while petting a cat or planning world domination? Like does this sound better than some lovely sony cd player? The thing looks huge

It's giant, and heavy, and obsolete. It has a cassette player on the opposite end from the CD player. It doesn't have regular RCA plugs or speaker connections, you have to use adapters. Most likely you would never hear a difference between this and any $150 sound system made today that takes up a fifth of the space if they were hooked up to the same speakers.

The design is Danish, while the actual electronics usually are medium-to-high-level off the shelf massproduced japanese parts, with some extra quality control, in-house software and tuning. You're pretty much guaranteed that it will never sound directly bad, and at the cheap prices for used stuff you're guaranteed decent sound for low prices. I collect these because I love the design elements like a nice piece of furniture, I like getting $3000 electronics for pretty much disposable pocket money, I can work on them and repair them as a hobby, and I'm happy knowing that the sound quality isn't trash.

B&O speakers are a bit more special, made with resonance-free resin or with built in amplifiers to bring lots of sound from relatively small sizes.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I got lucky at Walmart this morning and snagged 4x boxes of 333 rounds of .22lr ammo, and it made me really happy. I'm going to put so many holes in paper now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bought a Bang and Olufsen all in one speaker years ago that had a CD player. It also had no standard 1/8 audio jack and instead had something called a DIN connector. I had to buy a DIN cable off ebay in order to connect an external iPod. It's a great speaker though definitely overpriced.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

PCOS Bill posted:

I got lucky at Walmart this morning and snagged 4x boxes of 333 rounds of .22lr ammo, and it made me really happy. I'm going to put so many holes in paper now.

Thinking about buying one of those AR 22lr clones for some plinking, this post has inspired me.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Going downstairs this morning, lost my footing and landed hard on my right foot fracturing my heel.

gently caress me right now.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Mu Zeta posted:

It also had no standard 1/8 audio jack and instead had something called a DIN connector.

If I could hashtag this I would hashtag it #millenialproblems.

TIME FOR CONTENT: because apparently I hate money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

sterster posted:

Real quality post here guys. You both have male genital mutilation fetish it appears. Maybe you should get together to work on your own act. Then I'll pay to come watch you play with each others gentlemen sausage.

I feel I must come to their defense.