Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

whoflungpoop posted:

Kirk was :jerkbag: Picard was a stuffy old fart Sisko was just boring but Janeway was the realest n-word around shes like yeah im living a nightmare, out in nowhere and slowly losing my loving mind but i'll keep poo poo rolling or die trying maybe ill threaten to execute another starfleet officer or raid borg cubes for spare parts now and then but we'll get home some way just deal w it bitches

I have been spending to much time in DnD I thought you meant a certain other word that starts with N.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Crowsbeak posted:

I have been spending to much time in DnD I thought you meant a certain other word that starts with N.

Idk if hanging out in a gbs trek thread is gonna help out any mentally

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

N-n-nausicaan?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

reported

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Remember that episode where Mccoy was sitting in sick bay and said "i haven't been able to drink all week" and was just sitting there doing shots of whiskey

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Crowsbeak posted:

Nanders?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It's a shame Dr. Boyce's portable martini kit never made it past the pilot.

I wonder if he would ever approve of Romulan ale. He's probably old enough to have fought in the war.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm watching the DS9 episode Children of Time and

The Sphinxster posted:

Every time travel story is poo poo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Automatic Slim posted:

I wonder if he would ever approve of Romulan ale. He's probably old enough to have fought in the war.

I bet he owns a Saint Bernard dog with a casket of brandy on it's collar for "medicinal" purposes.

McCoy was great, but whenever you got a problem and Dr. Boyce shows up and orders you to drink a martini is pretty rad.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

The Sphinxster posted:

I can't reveal future occurrences Captain, but rest assured Gary Seven and Ms. Lincoln are in store for some exciting adventures.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I bet he owns a Saint Bernard dog with a casket of brandy on it's collar for "medicinal" purposes.

McCoy was great, but whenever you got a problem and Dr. Boyce shows up and orders you to drink a martini is pretty rad.

Apparently Boyce showed up in Into Darkness as Kirk's doc in the hospital at the end :shrug:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Apparently Boyce showed up in Into Darkness as Kirk's doc in the hospital at the end :shrug:

A fan wank is a fan wank

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I can't reveal future occurrences Captain, but rest assured Gary Seven and Ms. Lincoln are in store for some exciting adventures.

That episode was backdoor pilot by Rodennberry for new series. It's too bad they never touched on that in any of the later series.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

No way!

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

The Sphinxster posted:

The DS9 time travel episode where they go to the TOS era was awesome.

"We don't talk about it" - Worf

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Trials and Tribbleations or something.

Crunchy Odo is pretty good in this episode but otherwise eh

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

The Sphinxster posted:

I remember as a child I read about that upcoming episode in the tv guide and made sure to watch it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Automatic Slim posted:

That episode was backdoor pilot by Rodennberry for new series. It's too bad they never touched on that in any of the later series.

Irwin Allen should have given as class on how to get scifi shows produced and aired.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

The Sphinxster posted:

Iirc, the producers ran into that actor in a pizza place or something and recognized him. They needed to do something for the star trek anniversary or whatever, so then they decided to bring his character back and do that episode

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I remember as a child I read about that upcoming episode in the tv guide and made sure to watch it.

It's a fun episode!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Sphinxster posted:

Apparently the Shatner and Nimoy were pissed Paramount used their likenesses and were never asked or paid. I did like how they addressed that TOS Klingons look so different from later Klingons. Worf's "we don't talk about it" was good.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

The Sphinxster posted:

It's a fun episode!

:agreed: last time I watched it I was super drunk and showed it to a friend. Right afterwards I started to show him SeaQuest DSV and promptly passed out.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Automatic Slim posted:

Apparently the Shatner and Nimoy were pissed Paramount used their likenesses and were never asked or paid. I did like how they addressed that TOS Klingons look so different from later Klingons. Worf's "we don't talk about it" was good.

It's a good out for sure. There's no good answer.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Good thing Enterprise explained it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

DS9 is the best because it has the most characters/actors I initially didn't like but won me over on further review.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Hector Beerlioz posted:

:agreed: last time I watched it I was super drunk and showed it to a friend. Right afterwards I started to show him SeaQuest DSV and we promptly made out.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The Sphinxster posted:

DS9 is the best because it has the most characters/actors I initially didn't like but won me over on further review.

Same

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Oh you

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I always confuse the Crunchy Odo ep with the Dax Loves One of the Cicada People ep.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
What's crunchy odo

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It's when Worf buys the groceries instead of Jadzia

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What's crunchy odo

shadow puppet of a posted:

I always confuse the Crunchy Odo ep with the Dax Loves One of the Cicada People ep.

Very bright and pastoral. Idyllic. Elysian.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What's crunchy odo

An Odo that looks like a guy that owns a California new-age panflute and stool drum record label.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That guy is about to play a clave solo that will blow your MIND

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I thought crunchy odo was the one where he was being tortured by Garak by not being allowed to rest in his liquid state so he started to get flakey

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Oh yeah, that ep.

Someone said in another thread that rene auberjonais is a holocaust denier.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

I thought crunchy odo was the one where he was being tortured by Garak by not being allowed to rest in his liquid state so he started to get flakey

That's not even the most flaky Odo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Oh yeah, that ep.

Someone said in another thread that rene auberjonais is a holocaust denier.

well he did work for the Cardassian occupation right?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It's when Worf buys the groceries instead of Jadzia

Well that's a lot of plastic worm fish bait gagh

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Klingons have dog dicks. They pop out of a nubbin halfway up their bellies that it comes out of, red and shiny with dick juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Klingons have dog dicks. They pop out of a nubbin halfway up their bellies that it comes out of, red and shiny with dick juice.

Before you ask, yes this is canon