Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

KiddieGrinder posted:

This is awesome by the way. :five:

G0RF posted:

:five: :five: :five:

Genius.

I wish I could take credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

G0RF posted:

I'm glad you're still posting, Moma.

I know some folks are still giving you hell but I personally enjoy seeing dissenting opinions here. Not that my approval matters but I'm glad you're still here. (Plus you made me :lol: with that reply.)

:five:

Thanks - I mean, I did say I wasn't going to go anywhere. I have my opinions - some which I have shared - and only time will really tell.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Wait! Are you saying that the awesome pic was made by Ryan Archer?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Im the high maintenance special snowflake that spent tens of thousands on ship jpegs in a broken cryengine tech demo that is somehow glad hes finally been noticed by sandi

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

ManofManyAliases posted:

Thanks - I mean, I did say I wasn't going to go anywhere. I have my opinions - some which I have shared - and only time will really tell.

"I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY AS USUAL"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EminusSleepus posted:

All pictures are made by Ryan Archer.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Next time I will raise a request to CIG zendesk I will include my tags

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EminusSleepus posted:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
RATS!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:five: :five: :five:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Wonder what the Consumerist would have to say about a 9 figure company specifically flagging users for CS treatment or avoidance.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Way to miss the chance to steal some goon valor.

Just run a filter on it and make it your own.

ManofManyAliases posted:

You got moxie, sir!

As for what time will tell, well, I guess it's obvious I'm rather apocalyptic at this point... But that's why I appreciate contrasting views. Always have to question our own assumptions and not get damned by confirmation bias.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

EminusSleepus posted:

Anyone noticed that every time CIG fucks up something MoMA suddenly appears in this thread as if he was summoned?

Yes, he's here every day.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

G0RF posted:

Way to miss the chance to steal some goon valor.

Just run a filter on it and make it your own.

Already done. I'm Archer™-quality levels of competence!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Toast did you clickwrap your contract agreement with Sandi yet so you can talk about the game instead of the ToS

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

sure:

HelpCenter = {};
HelpCenter.account = {"subdomain":"cloudimperiumservicesllc","environment":"production","name":"Cloud Imperium Games"};
HelpCenter.user = {"identifier":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","email":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","name":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","tags":[╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮],"locale":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","role":"","avatar_url":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","organizations":[],"groups":[]};
HelpCenter.internal = {"asset_url":"//p6.zdassets.com/hc/assets/","current_session":{"locale":╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","csrf_token":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","shared_csrf_token":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮"},"settings":

That's so weird - mine apparently just says "nope."

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

G0RF posted:

I'm glad you're still posting, Moma.

I know some folks are still giving you hell but I personally enjoy seeing dissenting opinions here. Not that my approval matters but I'm glad you're still here. (Plus you made me :lol: with that reply.)

Except the only dissenting opinions he gives are about TOS and are boring as gently caress and wrong and stupid.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

ManofManyAliases posted:

sure:

HelpCenter = {};
HelpCenter.account = {"subdomain":"cloudimperiumservicesllc","environment":"production","name":"Cloud Imperium Games"};
HelpCenter.user = {"identifier":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","email":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","name":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","tags":[╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮],"locale":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","role":"","avatar_url":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","organizations":[],"groups":[]};
HelpCenter.internal = {"asset_url":"//p6.zdassets.com/hc/assets/","current_session":{"locale":╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","csrf_token":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮","shared_csrf_token":"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮"},"settings":

That's so weird - mine apparently just says "nope."

so it says you work there how funny toast.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
CIG approaches everything about game development

MOMA is wrong about everything he talks about

Therefore, MOMA works for CIG

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

They fixed the missing ankles problem by making the rest of the character disappear!

:psyduck:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

CIG approaches everything about game development

MOMA is wrong about everything he talks about

Therefore, MOMA works for CIG

Yep and he is glad about it

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Just a video recap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFF-GwupmCY

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lime Tonics posted:

They fixed the missing ankles problem by making the rest of the character disappear!

:psyduck:

Look, there's only so much fidelity that can fit on a screen at once without giving the user Vegetative Withdrawal Disorder®, so you've got to choose: feet, everything else, or a customer base reduced to drooling reta… wait, CIG has done both, haven't they?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Landing gear not attached to anything? No problem, it is crobberts physics engine.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

your posting has definitely improved, I will say that much.

I am glad you are staying, and I genuinely look forward to reading your response to the ELE when it drops in two weeks.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Blah, had two effortposts on customer services and data protection eaten by computer crashes.

Anyhow, flakegate is embarrassing, but worse for CIG, it looks like they've been breaking data protection laws. The most obvious bit - not giving info to third parties - is probably intact unless CIG security is tissue thin. However, in the UK at least, there's another caveat. Companies cannot collect, retain, or use extraneous or unnecessary information on their customers. What information is necessary is determined by the nature of the company and the TOS. "Snowflake" and "High maintenance" don't count, since that's just using information from your interactions with customer services. "Goon" does - it's information about your internet usage that isn't relevant to the services CIG (doesn't) provide. If that information has been volunteered by the customer, it's a bit naughty to retain that information, and worse to use it, but no biggie (unless you can argue that being a Goon is an ethnicity, religion, sexuality or medical condition).

Using a customer's information to search for more information on them OTOH, is very naughty. Taking the info you've given them to search for information you haven't volunteered is a deliberate breach of data protection. We can see this in PGabz's case - they've used information he volunteered (the username he gave them) to dig up additional information (he posts on SA under the same name linking to videos on his Major Tom account), and used that information (to change his name with them and alter how customer services deals with him). If PGabz hasn't volunteered this info or mentioned it on the SC forums, they've been using his info without his permission in breach of the law. Even if he has, it's unnecessary information and wrong for them to store.

tl, dr: as a Brit, PGabz can potentially sue and pursue criminal charges against CIG, provided I'm right about the law (IANAL).

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Lmao. Probably the worst thing I've ever seen. Thanks for the eye cancer.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

FrankieGoes posted:

Except the only dissenting opinions he gives are about TOS and are boring as gently caress and wrong and stupid.
Nah man he's branched out!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

:five: :five: :five: :five: :five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Murderion posted:

Blah, had two effortposts on customer services and data protection eaten by computer crashes.

Anyhow, flakegate is embarrassing, but worse for CIG, it looks like they've been breaking data protection laws. The most obvious bit - not giving info to third parties - is probably intact unless CIG security is tissue thin. However, in the UK at least, there's another caveat. Companies cannot collect, retain, or use extraneous or unnecessary information on their customers. What information is necessary is determined by the nature of the company and the TOS. "Snowflake" and "High maintenance" don't count, since that's just using information from your interactions with customer services. "Goon" does - it's information about your internet usage that isn't relevant to the services CIG (doesn't) provide. If that information has been volunteered by the customer, it's a bit naughty to retain that information, and worse to use it, but no biggie (unless you can argue that being a Goon is an ethnicity, religion, sexuality or medical condition).

Using a customer's information to search for more information on them OTOH, is very naughty. Taking the info you've given them to search for information you haven't volunteered is a deliberate breach of data protection. We can see this in PGabz's case - they've used information he volunteered (the username he gave them) to dig up additional information (he posts on SA under the same name linking to videos on his Major Tom account), and used that information (to change his name with them and alter how customer services deals with him). If PGabz hasn't volunteered this info or mentioned it on the SC forums, they've been using his info without his permission in breach of the law. Even if he has, it's unnecessary information and wrong for them to store.

tl, dr: as a Brit, PGabz can potentially sue and pursue criminal charges against CIG, provided I'm right about the law (IANAL).

GOT EM

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Murderion posted:

Can I point and laugh like Nelson instead?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Murderion posted:

This is a great post and I'm eager to hear Derek's, Pgabz's and Moma's opinions on it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

G0RF posted:

This is a great post and I'm eager to hear Derek's, Pgabz's and Moma's opinions on it.

Here is my opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4mooeh/cig_is_calling_you_names/

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Isn't there a way to question your own assumptions without having to hang out with stupid people or deceptive people?

I'm having a hard time thinking of a scenario where an informed person could think SC is a well managed project with a promising future and not be a moron. Or someone with ulterior motives trying to perpetuate the scam.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Funny how he fails to describe any kind of actual fallacy in it…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Oh no I have upset that guy whatever will I do

• Locked thread