Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

I didn't need to know this existed. t:mad:t

I don't know how you missed it, people were going nuts over it for like a year after it came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

VoidBurger posted:

PYF worst uses of cover songs in game trailers, I love this poo poo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EeF3UTkCoxY

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VoidBurger posted:

Whoa, another game announcement thingy a whole week before E3 :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfBOHGWsJWQ
I really dig that 2D animation overlayed on 3D models, I wish they did more of that! Looks pretty, got a few chuckles outta me. I'm into games that have a good sense of humor.

Ahoy motherfuckers

Good poo poo, surprised it's not at least a Borderlands clone given the obvious class thing going on. I hope the actual game looks remotely like that though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

things have spiraled out of control

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Cook Serve Delicious is so loving good and I can't believe it took me this long to play it????? Loving it.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

VoidBurger posted:

Cook Serve Delicious is so loving good and I can't believe it took me this long to play it????? Loving it.

It's a great game, but it's a little hard to run a health-conscious restaurant. There's a sequel in the pipeline for later this year.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hoi4 is good btw, it's good

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

EYE Divine Cybermancy was the first game in my backlog so I sat down and decided to get more than halfway through the campaign and wow, this game exists in a state of being simultaneously awesome and terrible.

Actually using mechanics like PSI powers and hacking helps a lot, I think. I didn't do much of those the first time through and got kind of bored. Hacking's especially weird because if you possess an enemy you're not in complete control of them, you're just giving directions to the AI, which took some real getting used to.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

precision posted:

I didn't need to know this existed. t:mad:t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gk_3NuiX2M

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Joe Gillian posted:

Saints Row 8 looking good.

you're looking pretty good yourself

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
New Volition game will hopefully set up the story for how the Saints government ended up with Red Faction.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

hoi4 is good btw, it's good

Does Canada have its own unique tech-tree focus thing?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jay Rust posted:

yeah, a maple

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Can i play as hitler and win

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ethanol posted:

Can i play as hitler and win

the ai isnt very smart so yes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

only the main powers (and poland) have them, because paradox loves dlc so much, so much

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LawfulWaffle posted:

It's a great game, but it's a little hard to run a health-conscious restaurant. There's a sequel in the pipeline for later this year.

lookit this sexy food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhvlNVCgMUU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

only the main powers (and poland) have them, because paradox loves dlc so much, so much

It was cool that their latest April Fools update about hoi was that it got delayed and that they were announcing launch day DLC like Uhhh

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
That trailer doesn't even have a melancholy cover of "Where Is My Mind?", so what's the point!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I didn't play a ton of Cook, Serve, Delicious, but the bit that I did play was fun, and there's something real satisfying about filling up frosty beer mugs.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've been listening to that "Ultimate History of Video Games from Pong to Pokemon" and how did I not know that Coleco owned Cabbage Patch Kids?! I was 8 in 1983 and owned a ColecoVision and somehow did not know this. Explains a lot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bad Company 1 was so good. Too bad they screwed it up for Bad Company 2 and decided to go in a weird parody of CoD direction, except the actual gameplay and story was kind of crap.

littleorv posted:

Wake me up when XIII gets a remaster

No, I am not talking about Final Fantasy

If they were going to do anything with the franchise it would have happened a couple of years ago when the TV show was running.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/pokemon

I got 121

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't think I even look at the Pokedex when I play those games. I long since lost any notion that I would catch them all or remember any of it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i couldn't spell charmelion and gave up but i know pretty much all of them when spelling doesn't count

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Cook Serve Delicious is a great game but I really wish the Delicious Emily series of games were available on steam since I feel like they're also a really good standout time management restaurant game thing

Like, if Cook Serve Delicious is when you take something like dine & dash and innovate on it and try to make it really tense but also really good and rewarding, then the Delicious Emily games are basically if you take Dine & Dash and try to make it good while sticking in that same kind of formula, just improving the mechanics around it.

It's like how you have people that try to make tower defense games and they usually have some kind of gimmick to them to help them stand out, but then you have defense grid whose "gimmick" is just being a really really good tower defense game

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 6, 2016

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
things i remember about pokemon:
  • psychic is broken
  • what's behind bill's truck?
  • wake the gently caress up snorlax
  • how to do the missing no glitch
  • how to use said glitch to get safari zone pokemon
  • gently caress you zubat

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i joined the comintern and am funding coups in texas and venezuela. communist mexico will reign supreme!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the new pokemon game looks like it'll be okay

i'm gonna use the cute fire kitten starter :3:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Cook Serve Delicious is a great game but I really wish the Delicious Emily series of games were available on steam since I feel like they're also a really good standout time management restaurant game thing

Like, if Cook Serve Delicious is when you take something like dine & dash and innovate on it and try to make it really tense but also really good and rewarding, then the Delicious Emily games are basically if you take Dine & Dash and try to make it good while sticking in that same kind of formula, just improving the mechanics around it.

It's like how you have people that try to make tower defense games and they usually have some kind of gimmick to them to help them stand out, but then you have defense grid whose "gimmick" is just being a really really good tower defense game

CSD is actually a direct update of a Japanese PS1 game called Ore no Ryomi!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

i joined the comintern and am funding coups in texas and venezuela. communist mexico will reign supreme!!!
How off the rails do they let you go?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

precision posted:

the new pokemon game looks like it'll be okay

i'm gonna use the cute fire kitten starter :3:

I can't resist the pissy kitty starter, but owl orb is a tough competitor

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

That's neat, I did not know that! I think the comparison still stands tho since cook serve delicious is definitely in the same kind of genre as stuff like dine&dash

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
tbqh I'll probably use the owl if its evolution line doesn't look terribad or goofy

like you just know that cat is gonna evolve into some edgy Houndoom looking dork, maybe orbowl (how is this not its name btw) will have an evolution line that actually stays cool for once

either way gently caress that loving dog seal holy poo poo what is this france? get to gently caress.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Ore no Ryomi 1+2 are english indie games inspired by Ore no Ryouri

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if you didn't get all of them...........

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I got 136, if I had a minute more I coulda got it, I was in the middle of writing Scyther.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy8LRlS1SCc

Here you go. Here's the best worst trailer/music combo.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

How off the rails do they let you go?

well, mexico was maybe a bad choice because ofc the usa guarantees the freedom of the americas, so i can't invade them. so that's a problem

i'm trying to get them to split into a civil war to address this but presumably just not being in the ameircas would help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy8LRlS1SCc

Here you go. Here's the best worst trailer/music combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syvVitWneKw

• Locked thread