Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

somebody should throw papi through a flaming truckbed of glass imo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Cody Rhodes is confirmed for BOLA.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i never really cared about cody but i'm curious what he looks like in a crazy spotfest in front of a crowd thats wild for whatever he decides to do

p.s. book him against chris hero

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
They did it in a very clever marketing way too

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/739951620511961088

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

realistically cody might finish that list within a year and he could do about half of it in a single weekend

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Would not be at all surprised to see him face Cole, Trevor, or Roddy in Round 1 and then the Bucks in a trios match on either the first round day where he's not in the tourney or on Sunday. PWG is really the place to be to check off almost all of that list without signing a contract with ROH.

Somewhat surprising that they're making a BOLA announcement (and possibly more?) before anything about the Thirteen card.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Surprise, Cody actually posted a the BOLA tournament

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Would not be at all surprised to see him face Cole, Trevor, or Roddy in Round 1 and then the Bucks in a trios match on either the first round day where he's not in the tourney or on Sunday. PWG is really the place to be to check off almost all of that list without signing a contract with ROH.

Somewhat surprising that they're making a BOLA announcement (and possibly more?) before anything about the Thirteen card.

That's kind of what they did last year too.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The_Rob posted:

That's kind of what they did last year too.

Didn't they actually start announcing the BOLA participants on the day of Threemendous? I remember being at a gas station getting ready to head to Reseda when my phone started blowing up with a bunch of notifications. Or maybe that was Mystery Vortex day.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Congrats Cody I hope you do a good job. May your indy career erase stardust from my memory.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
So does that mean BOLA is on Labor Day weekend? He's booked the weekend of the 19th and also the 26th, and I can't imagine it won't be any later in the year than that.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Cody should put out another list with stuff like SGDQ/$5 wrestling/Cage of Death on it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cody wrestle Zandig. Book Zandig to win BOLA

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

C. Everett Koop posted:

Cody should put out another list with stuff like SGDQ/$5 wrestling/Cage of Death on it.

I know he hated the gimmick but Stardust seems tailor made for DDT.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Fart Radio posted:

So does that mean BOLA is on Labor Day weekend? He's booked the weekend of the 19th and also the 26th, and I can't imagine it won't be any later in the year than that.

Certainly seems to imply that, but he's only booked for Evolve on Friday the weekend of the 19th so he could possibly work days 2 and 3 of BOLA if it's that weekend. Galloway and a couple others did that last year iirc.

Elgin also tweeted about having dates on the weekend of the 26th open recently, and I can't imagine he wouldn't be booked for BOLA if he weren't already in Japan. So we can probably safely rule that one out at least.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

oatgan posted:

https://twitter.com/CZWFans/status/739586948101246976
https://twitter.com/LeticiaVee/status/739586747303104512

lmbo he also squashed masada in a couple minutes, beat up hornswoggle, and did a canadian destroyer. ZANDIG IS BACK MOTHERFUCKERS

lol again at this

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Can someone please find and post Bomani Jones reaction to that

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Can someone please find and post Bomani Jones reaction to that

https://twitter.com/Sillentassasin/status/740061366547943424

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"is this kid a good shortstop?"
"If he's following the firey truck wrestling, probably not"

:lol:

it's me, i'm the shotstop

DJExile fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 7, 2016

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

a middle aged woman pulled a gun on a heel in TYOOL 2016

quote:

Adam Cook, reporter | Updated 19 minutes ago

A LaFayette woman was arrested on aggravated assault charges after she allegedly pulled a gun on a popular pro wrestler during a match in Ringgold.

The incident has prompted the promoters to consider installing metal detectors at matches.

According to the Catoosa County Sheriff’s Department:

Patricia Anne Crowe, 50, of 604 Chestnut Street, was arrested Saturday, June 4, on charges of aggravated assault and reckless conduct.

She was released from jail Monday evening, June 6, on a $4,000 bond.

The incident occurred around 11 p.m. at the American Wrestling Federation (AWF) arena at 4193 U.S. 41 in Ringgold.

The promotion was putting on its monthly show, when Crowe, a spectator at the event, threatened and attacked long-time wrestler Paul Lee.

Deputies arrived on scene after Crowe allegedly jumped into the ring during the show and pulled a handgun on Lee.

According to Lee and several witnesses, Lee was participating in a match with “Iron Mann,” at which time he tied him up and was hitting him with a chair, reports show.

“I had him tied up and was beating on him, and this lady jumps up with a knife, cuts him loose, and then pulled a loaded gun on me,” Lee said. “She had that thing loaded with one in the chamber and the safety off. All it would have taken was for her to get shaky with that thing and it could have fired.”

Crowe also pointed the gun at the show’s commissioner “Robbie Rude,” reports show.

Lee says the woman has been to shows before and should have known that the incident going on with the other wrestler was part of the show.

“She’s been to several shows over the years off and on, but she was acting like a nut Saturday night,” Lee said.

Lee, whose character is a “heel” or “bad guy,” often banters back and forth with spectators as part of the show, but it rarely turns physical.

“We’ve done fraternity shows at colleges and stuff before where drunk college kids will try to run into the ring or something, but nothing like this,” Lee said. “In about 1992, at another location, we were doing a show and I got stabbed by about a six-inch blade by a fan. Fans usually don’t get involved though, they usually just watch.”

According to police Cpl. Chris Faulk, Crowe admitted she pulled the gun on Lee because of the banter the two had engaged in.

“Ms. Crowe did indeed pull the gun on Mr. Lee because of the way he’d talked to her,” Faulk said. “She said, ‘he was talking mean to me, and I got mad. I guess I just let my temper get the best of me and I pulled my pistol on him’.”

Lee says he told Crowe “to sit her toothless self back down,” and that she then approached the ring.

Lee added that he’s not thrilled with Crowe being released so soon.

“The sheriff’s office called me to let me know they let her out Monday on a $4,000 bond,” Lee said. “I think it should have been a higher bond than that. She pulled a gun on me in front of kids and everything….it was just crazy.”

Approximately 160 people were in attendance during the incident, which has prompted Lee and the AWF to revaluate their security measures at the arena.

“We’re going to be installing metal detectors at the entrances,” Lee said. “We’ve already got ‘em picked up and will have them installed before the next show. The way the world is today, things happen at movie theatres and malls….you have to take extreme measures to protect fans. We’ll have the metal detectors right at the doors when you come in.”

Dude should feel lucky that a reporter called some indie schmoe working in front of 160 popular.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

coconono come get your mom

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I'm a bit out of the loop here, what the hell is GCW? Tournament of Survival? Is this some kind of CZW work where Zandig starts a few fed?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

And Cody's facing Pat Buck at Wrestlepro on September 10th, so one more off the list.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Cromulent posted:

I'm a bit out of the loop here, what the hell is GCW? Tournament of Survival? Is this some kind of CZW work where Zandig starts a few fed?

It's another New Jersey promotion that sounds pretty fun. I don't know who runs it but they have some names on it and do deathmatches on occasion. There was a match between Joey Janela and Joe Gacy at one of their shows that was running at some outdoor concert and Joey fell through a portal potty he was on top of that Jake the Snake was in. This was the same promotion too that had the Nick Gage invitational when he got arrested a few days before it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mob posted:

coconono come get your mom

not mine. She's still in her compound in south florida trying to make gunpowder from chickenshit.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Thauros posted:

a middle aged woman pulled a gun on a heel in TYOOL 2016

Dude should feel lucky that a reporter called some indie schmoe working in front of 160 popular.

Looks like someone got worked into a shoot

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

hmmm

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Beyond Wrestling and Evolve are doing a double header in Melrose, MA on 7/17. The Evolve show that was suppose to be in Wakefield on the 15th got cancelled due to building issues and moved it to the 17th. Anyone that bought tickets will be honored for the 17th or you can get a full refund.

Also Beyond Wrestling's Americarana '16 will be in Providence RI back at Fete Music on July 31st.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Has anyone ever done a LEGO deathmatch? Seems painful.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Has anyone ever done a LEGO deathmatch? Seems painful.

ISW and CZW have done a few.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
How about a D4 Deathmatch?

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Beyond Wrestling and Evolve are doing a double header in Melrose, MA on 7/17. The Evolve show that was suppose to be in Wakefield on the 15th got cancelled due to building issues and moved it to the 17th. Anyone that bought tickets will be honored for the 17th or you can get a full refund.

Also Beyond Wrestling's Americarana '16 will be in Providence RI back at Fete Music on July 31st.

And they just announced Greatest Rivals Round Robin" on 8/13 at AS220 Foo Fest 2016 in Providence, RI. Another show to be announced for soon after that too.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Ktik posted:

And they just announced Greatest Rivals Round Robin" on 8/13 at AS220 Foo Fest 2016 in Providence, RI. Another show to be announced for soon after that too.

Probably Battle of New England at the end of August. Greatest Rivals Round Robin was one of my favorite shows I attended last year. Gonna try to go to that festival to check that out and of course the other stuff offered there.

Halloween Jack posted:

I hope this happens some day.

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 9, 2016

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

ISW and CZW have done a few.

And PWG went even further by doing a Lego & Hard Candy Death Match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPXvXSHHQi4

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Germansimp posted:

And PWG went even further by doing a Lego & Hard Candy Death Match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPXvXSHHQi4

I completely forgot about this.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I hope this happens some day.

I bet Josh Barnett would do it in an instant but unfortunately his UFC contract gets in the way.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Didn't Beyond have some big dramatic falling out with the Fete venue a while back? Kind of strange that they're already back in the building a few months later.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Didn't Beyond have some big dramatic falling out with the Fete venue a while back? Kind of strange that they're already back in the building a few months later.

The promoter Drew did an all women's wrestling show back in April there and maybe smoothed things over? I know attendance kinda dropped at the end of 2015 so they started doing shows at the Aurora since it's a smaller venue and I think just about every show they did there has sold out. Every show in Boston has sold out too but the venue is not usually available for them on the last Sunday of the month until recently since the owners liked what they saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Halloween Jack posted:

Wait, what about a deathmatch where you have to roll the dice to determine if you can use a weapon against an opponent?