Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I believe employees are stuck with 10% which really isn't worth it for the time it takes to do everything, however for every job you do you get an extra $500 added to your regular payout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
if what I've read is correct, payouts for crew seems geared towards getting a loyal crew and then successfully completing multiple missions in a row, which is odd, but Rockstar :shrug:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

For every consecutive successful job, that is. If you fail one you get kicked back to the default.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Probably a dumb question but these updates are in the game for good now, not just limited to the week right? I haven't been around long enough for a major update yet

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
That's a nice idea, but will be hosed once hacks come back in a few days or so :v:

Edit:

Well, this is interesting. Seems a lot of folks are getting banned for using external recording and VOIP programs.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699189421&insideModal=0

Grain of salt and all, wonder how many of these people used a mod menu and gave themselves shitload of experience and the like, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was actually happening to innocent players.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 7, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

ninjahedgehog posted:

For every consecutive successful job, that is. If you fail one you get kicked back to the default.

It also includes the new free roam content.

Also, if your CEO dies you get a pay cut.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Assuming that link is correct, and yeah, grain of salt, disable mumble overlay = probably fine, then? I have no idea how mumble overlay works.

I find it unfortunate and hilariously probable that a Win10 built in app will catch bans from R* though

haha

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 7, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
I didn't even know mumble had an overlay :downs: Didn't a GTA patch a while ago throw in some brute force anti-cheat? Where it'd scan hundreds/thousands of game scripts running every few seconds to make sure everything was ok, causing utter shitloads of chugging?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Everything in that link seems spurious as gently caress

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Zigmidge posted:

Everything in that link seems spurious as gently caress

It does, so my initial assumption is skepticism, but on the other hand Rockstar.

There are some datamining wizards who will probably post proof one way or another soon enough.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I bought the jeep and a pink shirt :shobon:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Is there any reason to buy the safe in the office? What does it do?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

CascadeBeta posted:

Is there any reason to buy the safe in the office? What does it do?

lets you drop guns from your weapon wheel

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I think he means the cash safe... in which case the answer is no, it does nothing except look impressively stuffed with cash when you open it.

As for the gun safe... you still can't hide the basic or combat pistol from your weapon wheel :suicide:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
He's talking about the safe, not the gun locker. As far as I can tell, it's just visual. Speaking of visuals, I love that the stuff you steal also turns up in the office. Though it does get a bit cluttered.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
It's going to be fun seeing everyone wanting to be the CEO so they can make the majority of the money from doing supply crates.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Are there many visual customisation options for the new cars?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
8 PM CST (This post was made at 4:XX CST)

The big goon gang garrison. We're going to have two or three full orgs and are going to run a freight train on regular servers. First come first serve with CEOs.

1. Top Hats-Bad Dads
2. Wolffenstein-Leet Like Jeff K
3. Asriel or some poo poo- Bullet Club LLC

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 7, 2016

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Bullet Club LLC is available for owning nerds.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UserErr0r posted:

It's going to be fun seeing everyone wanting to be the CEO so they can make the majority of the money from doing supply crates.

I just want to hire a crew of people who enjoy pubbie murder because the best defense is a good offense

i'll run drugs while you use me as a magnet to wipe out white dots. a win-win.

e: though really what'll happen is I'll try to kill white dots for coupe, but whatever

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Servers down for anyone else?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

ninjahedgehog posted:

Servers down for anyone else?

I've been trying to connect to online for the last 20 minutes on PS4, each time I either timeout or the servers are unavailable.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Anime_Otaku posted:

The Grotti Bestia has a good amount of visual customization... the FMJ has a little and the Reaper almost none. The 4x4 Rumpo has nothing changeable but the color and wheels. The SUV is better than the Baller, at least.

The giant Brickade is a Pegasus vehicle and has no armor or even bulletproof tires. Fun to ram cars with, but ultimately useless.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

FuturePastNow posted:

The Grotti Bestia has a good amount of visual customization... the FMJ has a little and the Reaper almost none. The 4x4 Rumpo has nothing changeable but the color and wheels. The SUV is better than the Baller, at least.

The giant Brickade is a Pegasus vehicle and has no armor or even bulletproof tires. Fun to ram cars with, but ultimately useless.

You get bulletproof tires if you have a warehouse

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Cr3wBoss/status/740242647839707136

Seems there are three more hidden supercars to be unlocked via tunables :tootzzz:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

https://twitter.com/Cr3wBoss/status/740242647839707136

Seems there are three more hidden supercars to be unlocked via tunables :tootzzz:

That Porsche 918 :h:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Aside from the 918 I have no clue what any of those are

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Assuming the Seven-70 is based on the Aston Martin One-77

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

From 2 pages ago

http://imgur.com/a/zXpP0

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So, do I just buy the cheapest office and some warehouses or what?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

8 PM CST (This post was made at 4:XX CST)

The big goon gang garrison. We're going to have two or three full orgs and are going to run a freight train on regular servers. First come first serve with CEOs.

1. Top Hats-Bad Dads
2. Wolffenstein-Leet Like Jeff K
3. Asriel or some poo poo- Bullet Club LLC

wrathcough-- Free SharkCards

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Top Hats Monthly posted:

You get bulletproof tires if you have a warehouse

Does not affect the one from Pegasus :/

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Has anyone tried the new mission job creator?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

hiddenriverninja posted:

Has anyone tried the new mission job creator?

Yes it's awesome. I made a mission that pays 1,000,00,0,0000 00,00.000rp, and 10000,0,0000,0000 monies

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

If R* didn't do something to prevent users from creating such missions, they're dumber than I thought.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Dang all of a sudden 4.5 mil isn't a lot.

So do the office properties also act like apartments on top of that?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I have 3.5 mil from when i used to play this at launch. Is it worth saving up for the most expensive office or should i just spend it on the $1 mil one, given that i'm probably going to play a couple of days at most before the hackers return.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Xenaero posted:

Dang all of a sudden 4.5 mil isn't a lot.

So do the office properties also act like apartments on top of that?

You can upgrade them with living quarters and spawn there, but there's no heist planning board

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

BitBasher just sold 38 crates for 755K. I got 8.5K for helping him.

In total less than 100K for 3 hours of work. I made more money from the SecuroServ paychecks.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

CJ posted:

I have 3.5 mil from when i used to play this at launch. Is it worth saving up for the most expensive office or should i just spend it on the $1 mil one, given that i'm probably going to play a couple of days at most before the hackers return.

When you customize the 1mil office, it goes to like 3.5 mil. It's big ouchies.

• Locked thread