Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

RagnarokZ posted:

I just noticed something, from this one video someone posted earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19w8HFKsQn0

Those laser sounds you hear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXiFjPGwmNo&t=616s

Straight outta Freelancer, pretty much the same sounds, they can't even innovate can they?

Compare it to ED's magnificent sound, it's just sad.

I'm guessing it's from one of those "free sound effect" type bundles and they've just used the same bundle for both projects. Kinda like how you can hear the Doom door sound effect in a lot of B movies and TV series, because it comes from one too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Pathos posted:

Can anyone find a contact for Hilton's legal department? I can only find stuff for their Management arm, which is for people who lease rooms I think.

Jim Holthouser is the Global Brand VP, which this could fall under, his email address is listed here:
http://elliott.org/company-contacts/hilton/

Other option would be customer services (yeah I know). I can't find any mention of an in house legal department on any of their corporate pages.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

alphabettitouretti posted:

I wouldn't mind if it was Money telling us he was annoyed that people were asking about star marine. He seems like a chill dude.
That's why they started pushing him outside of the shot on RtV.

I just realized that even if :cig: mocaps every move it will still look broken.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:getin:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lladre posted:

Not a cult.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

thebdsse : not to distract you from your game, but i was a little disappointed you let trolls hold court in your stream yesterday.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

oh ew the second you expand that poster to its native resolution, you notice how completely terrible it is

bonus brightened and contrasted

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Fewer than 70 total viewers across all of Twitch for Star Citizen. Truly this is the game to save PC gaming!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
drat, things are not going well for Dolvak. Popped in briefly to ask if what he was playing was Star Marine and he had eleven people watching. I think ten of them were goons.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Colostomy Bag posted:

So a middle-aged guy minding his own business and taking a walk with his wife ends up around the world in dingy basements scattered with sex robots and other paraphernalia.

stealing this for a horror film idea

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lol a youtube teleconference of just posters in this thread would probably get more views than PAPA DOLVAK and/or INN

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Dante80 posted:

People in reddit moan and groan about CIG fixing the failed tutorial they have.

CIG responds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4n61ea/petition_for_response_from_cig/d4142cw

lol not fixed, but disabled.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pathos posted:

Can anyone find a contact for Hilton's legal department? I can only find stuff for their Management arm, which is for people who lease rooms I think.

I'll do it. But I need a link to the image on the RSI webpage. I can't find the image on the site.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Prop Wash posted:

oh ew the second you expand that poster to its native resolution, you notice how completely terrible it is

bonus brightened and contrasted

Hey. I use the same filters for the mockups I do for RPG night.
Of course, I then shrink them to 1920×1080 to be shown on the TV as a prop — that usually reduces the artefacting to where it's no longer visible, but the stylised visuals still shine through.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

thebdsse : not to distract you from your game, but i was a little disappointed you let trolls hold court in your stream yesterday.

:laffo:

that guy's gotta be autistic

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

ZenMaster posted:

stealing this for a horror film idea

Can I be in it as "Vic's Dad" or something similar.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

That's why they started pushing him outside of the shot on RtV.

I just realized that even if :cig: mocaps every move it will still look broken.

Somebody should clean it up so it's just sandi. It'll be the new ben dance. :lesnick:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

1500 posted:

lol not fixed, but disabled.

It is wonderful that even the loyal followers realise that getting CIG to fix something is impossible, so they'll just ask for it to be turned off. That's how Star Citizen will end: the few remaining shitizens start a petition saying "We appreciate that making the game work would take too much work away from sailing around Europe and cataloguing Wing Commander detritus, so please just stop making the game and have our money."

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Somebody should clean it up so it's just sandi. It'll be the new ben dance. :lesnick:

But it's black on black. Do you have any idea how annoying that'll be to mask out? :cry:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tippis posted:

But it's black on black. Do you have any idea how annoying that'll be to mask out? :cry:

Yeah, if the gif doesn't have too many frames I'd just do a rough cut around her for each one.

It's only 15 frames. I don't have the software though.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 8, 2016

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

hey again thread, quotin from the past cause this is still amazing

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Didn't cig upload a green screen version of the 2016 dance of was this it?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

So a middle-aged guy mindingblinding his own business and taking a walkbalk with his wife ends up around the world in dingy basementsyachts scattered with sex robotscoke and other paraphernalia.
Edited for versatility. CIG: giving nobodies an ad-venture around the world on the backs of backers

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

CIG are ground breaking in that they are the first Kickstarter campaign to have shrink goals

:drat:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

Didn't cig upload a green screen version of the 2016 dance of was this it?

Yes, but the background isn't the problem — the guy behind her is.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Tippis posted:

Yes, but the background isn't the problem — the guy behind her is.

If only :lesnick: moved a little over to the right. Then there'd be a sufficiently wide green screen.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

I almost bought a Yaris last year. If only I had known it was the measure of a successful person I would have overlooked the fact that it's a poo poo car and bought it...

I guess hindsight really is 20/20...

e:

kayaksnype

Wait a minute? Is that a Beet Wagoness?

Look! The Goon with the awesomest dog (barring those in AT-AT costumes) has a GIRLFRIEND! Does he also have a Yaris?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

also I'm amazed the neogaf thread is still so positive about SC

Any negativity gets shouted down pretty quickly on Ars, too.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Timby posted:

Any negativity gets shouted down pretty quickly on Ars, too.

Shocker.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Me and my girlfriend both have yaris so we can repel home invaders (as long as we stay in formation).

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Decrepus posted:

Me and my girlfriend both have yaris so we can repel home invaders (as long as we stay in formation).

Do you ever multi-crew a Yaris?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Decrepus posted:

the real question is are you ashigaru or samurai class

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Colostomy Bag posted:

Do you ever multi-crew a Yaris?

:gay:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

trucutru posted:

Lol, the MoMA-analogue they have at the frontiers forums is hilarious. He's so loving transparent.

-They didn't steal that picture
-Then why does it have that watermark?
-What watermark, I don't see anything.
-*Zoom* *Enhance*
-I still cannot see anything
-*Zoom* *Enhance* *Add a few red arrows*
-Nope, still cannot see it.
-Well, tough poo poo, get some glasses.
-Besides! How do I know that it wasn't you who added those tell-tale sign with you digital trickery?
-Well, you can do the same thing yourself (so now you can see them?)
-Besides, you're not even using the same source image, it's different to the one I have
-Can you show us that image?
-Sure!
-Wait, I'm having trouble uploading it
-Try imgur
-I'll have to create and account and it will take time so
-You don't need an account
-Also, what format should I use?
-Jpeg?
-Ok, I'll do it right now!

(And that's the last they heard from him).

Anyways, I liked how their forum users handled the misdirection attempts.

Never mind, GordFreeman to the rescue with even lamer arguments!

He's just a shitposter, not as interesting.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Viscous Soda posted:

I'm guessing it's from one of those "free sound effect" type bundles and they've just used the same bundle for both projects. Kinda like how you can hear the Doom door sound effect in a lot of B movies and TV series, because it comes from one too.

Yup, absolutely a possibility but I'm not going to start looking until I know they're the same.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Samizdata posted:

Wait a minute? Is that a Beet Wagoness?

Look! The Goon with the awesomest dog (barring those in AT-AT costumes) has a GIRLFRIEND! Does he also have a Yaris?

If you zoom in you can see the stitches

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Star Citizen: This is not a 'game' meant for 'players'

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Palisader posted:

I dunno, I tried to get my daughter to play Minecraft and she was all "eeuuuh, this is boooooring" so I might have to disown her

Who was that citizen who disowned his son for not liking SC

Thats because minecraft is boring garbage dont disown her for seeing the truth lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, if the gif doesn't have too many frames I'd just do a rough cut around her for each one.

It's only 15 frames. I don't have the software though.

Get gimp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
You see, the tutorial is broken. To keep out "players", this is meant to be for special persons "testers".

• Locked thread