Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mazerunner posted:

Mottom seems to be aging back up faster than Allison, I think. She's much taller now, and her face and head and hair seem more mature. compare them in the newest page to when they first tranformed

They're making up rather differently sized lengths of time. Allison only aged back, what, 10 years? 15?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Man, screw all that, we get to read about Aesma falling madly in love in a bit :neckbeard:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

whowhatwhere posted:

Man, screw all that, we get to read about Aesma falling madly in love in a bit :neckbeard:

In addition to the warning bells we should be hearing from the concept of "Aesma falling madly in love," we're also getting it immediately following a comic page wherein a widow visits a memorial to her husband.

Aesma's beloved is hosed six ways from Sunday.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

quote:

At first the saints were aghast, for they perceived very clearly that a being of tremendous evil was upon them, and wondered for a second if one of their prisoners had in fact escaped. But then they recognized Aesma, and a collective groan went up among them.

God why isn't the entire comic about Aesma.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Whitenoise Poster posted:

God why isn't the entire comic about Aesma.

"oh god dammit"

e
ahahahaha

quote:

“The King shall ne’er see the lands above again,” said one of the saints. “He has proclaimed his enmity against the forces of good in clear terms. He is a sun swallower and a world destroyer, a tyrant and a demon of pure malevolence.”
“He sounds dreamy,” said Aesma, “when can I see him?”
"hes evil as all poo poo"
"oh man thats hot"

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 8, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I love how, after a certain point, everyone just considers Aesma less of a threat per se and more supremely annoying.

"Oh, god dammit, Aesma's here. Keep your head down, hope she doesn't see you."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
has there been anything posted on the tumblr concerning why the angels prayer asks Aesmas forgiveness for doing violence? because, uh, i dont really see her as minding too much, if not being like "naw dogg, go nuts. its all good."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

has there been anything posted on the tumblr concerning why the angels prayer asks Aesmas forgiveness for doing violence? because, uh, i dont really see her as minding too much, if not being like "naw dogg, go nuts. its all good."

It's asking forgiveness for not inviting her first.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

tbh the red eyed king does sound pretty hot

also it's pretty great that Aesma was totally willing to roll with whatever they asked right up until they asked her to hold still for a little while, which is a total dealbreaker

paranoid randroid posted:

it's pree ashma, not aesma, isn't it

i'm pretty sure there's no point in asking Aesma's forgiveness for anything

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 8, 2016

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

I love how, after a certain point, everyone just considers Aesma less of a threat per se and more supremely annoying.

"Oh, god dammit, Aesma's here. Keep your head down, hope she doesn't see you."

quote:

At first the saints were aghast, for they perceived very clearly that a being of tremendous evil was upon them, and wondered for a second if one of their prisoners had in fact escaped. But then they recognized Aesma, and a collective groan went up among them.

Well, I'm a convert

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's pree ashma, not aesma, isn't it

i'm pretty sure there's no point in asking Aesma's forgiveness for anything

Ashma's an alternate spelling for Aesma, I think.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Oxxidation posted:

Ashma's an alternate spelling for Aesma, I think.

Smh, everyone knows that alternate spellings are both an illusion and always correct. It's all YISUN anyways :smug:

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

quote:

“This sounds too complicated,” protested Aesma, “Let’s fight instead.”

Trying really hard not to laugh at work now.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

She saw the whole universe's shape and it blew out her eyes and made her chill out a lot. She still sometimes busted heads, though.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Now I'm starting to wonder if Jadis is the one who has The Tower and not Solomon, because she saw the Shape of the Universe. And she's stuck in a pillar too, for pete's sake.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SunAndSpring posted:

Now I'm starting to wonder if Jadis is the one who has The Tower and not Solomon, because she saw the Shape of the Universe. And she's stuck in a pillar too, for pete's sake.

It would fit; she was the greatest (her peak was before Jagganoth's rise presumably), only to be destroyed, likely as a result of her own actions and hubris, and is now considerably reduced in strength.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Since the salient points have already been covered I'll just reiterate that the latest fiction is quite excellent.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

quote:

It was considered among many of the great gods of justice that Aesma was in fact an idiot, and shouldn’t be blamed for her wide and colorful list of transgressions against the common good.
Ahahahahaaha holy poo poo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I like the idea that the only reason Aesma wasn't constantly warring against the upholders of cosmic law for her ten thousand daily transgressions against decency and light is because the Powers That Be decided she was too stupid for punishment.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

To be fair, it probably would have led to nothing less than a tremendous loss of resources if the justice gods went and tried to hassle her. Certainly it wouldn't have stopped her from doing petulant and destructive things, probably quite the opposite.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Allstone posted:

Ahahahahaaha holy poo poo

"Hi, I'm Aesma, and this is Jackass."

*assumes her fourth war form and moons YISUN*

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
So basically Aesma's boyfriend is the villain from Kung Fu Panda.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Wonderslug posted:

So basically Aesma's boyfriend is the villain from Kung Fu Panda.

I had this same thought.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
your honor, we believe that she is not evil, but instead just a loving moron

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

And if you try to punish her, you have to fight Aesma.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
"Please forgive YS-Aesma," declared YISUN, smiling in the second way, "She is an idiot. We have purposefully trained her wrong, as a joke."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
YISUN goes on vacation to the sound a second makes as it passes and has to leave Aesma with some other divinities to look after.

YISUN comes back seven thousand years later to find her sitting on the sidewalk in a cardboard box with "lovely Goddess, Free to a Bad Home" written on it.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Aesma is just Manic Pixie Dream Goddess

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 392 days!
Everyone knows YISUN committed holy suicide, but few know that Aesma pulled a Weekend At Bernie's with the divine corpse for 7 kalpa afterward

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Hansa, Koss, and Ogram star in the hit divine comedy: Three UN and an Aesma

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Ixjuvin posted:

Aesma is just Manic Pixie Dream Goddess

By this, we mean she has an undiagnosed mental disorder, she's a creature in Germanic fairy tales who eviscerates misbehaving children, and also the dream is the kind where all your teeth fall out, you fall down a pit for almost forever, and at the bottom a giant spider with your father's face steals your penis on he day of your big math test.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Dr Christmas posted:

By this, we mean she has an undiagnosed mental disorder, she's a creature in Germanic fairy tales who eviscerates misbehaving children, and also the dream is the kind where all your teeth fall out, you fall down a pit for almost forever, and at the bottom a giant spider with your father's face steals your penis on he day of your big math test.

And by "goddess" we mean that she is a goddess.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

She's pretty much literally lady Sun Wukong, only God's an enabler this time around.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Schwarzwald posted:

And by "goddess" we mean that she is a goddess.

By which we mean that she can kill you and not have to say sorry.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Aesmachat

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Archenteron posted:

"Please forgive YS-Aesma," declared YISUN, smiling in the second way, "She is an idiot. We have purposefully trained her wrong, as a joke."

But how her shoes squeak, in all of the thirty-five ways.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Archenteron posted:

Hansa, Koss, and Ogram star in the hit divine comedy: Three UN and an Aesma

50 First Dates Impales Unsatisfactory Suitors

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

How do you call the devout but short of breath followers of Aesma?

Aesmathic.

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
I love my manic pixie dream Kali.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

So the writing style and content of these short stories are obviously inspired by Journey to the West, right? I mean, that's the only thing I've read that reminds me of this. Are there other pieces of literature like Journey to the West?