Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

Tippis posted:

Since I can't be arsed to register, explain this to Cmdr Cheese Wedge on FDev — I'm sure it'll piss off the shill even more that the first example is from a filthy console game:

Local Physics Grid is just a fancy PR term for the ability to give different parts of the game world different physics, usually tied to a particular location or proximity to a given world object. It's how games like the Uncharted series creates the train level in 2 and the boat levels in 3; how Serious Sam has rooms with an ever-shifting “down” vector; and how Space Engineers has its transitions between space, planet, and ship interiors. You can even find it in more fancy Unreal maps as far back as UT99 (and in UnrealEngine 4, there's even a ready-made plug-in for it that lets you assign all kinds of proximity- or touch-based physics to objects), whereby you use portal meshes to twist different zones around and make them appear to have different “down” directions from one room to the next.

Done :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

undocumented feature in patch 2.4

nothingness is in boys!!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TYVM.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Sabreseven posted:

LOL at the Gary Oldman 'mid-poo poo' screen shot at the top of the article. :haw:

I don't want to leave them any room for negotiation/denial of refund :)

do they have depends that far in the future? or is it a mini space vacuum that sucks it bags and ejects it out the back in a little package right there on the podium?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/RayRoocroftCIG/status/741597355900821504

https://twitter.com/RayRoocroftCIG/status/741598463763288064

Ray is still making his discontent clear with 2.4. Also retweeting images of Antarctica and still talking about games being cancelled.

Feel bad for the UK customer support team at the moment.

you cant feel bad about pikers!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AP posted:

Feel bad for the UK customer support team at the moment.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

gently caress those labelling assholes who have nothing better to do than lie to the very people giving them their wages.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

EminusSleepus posted:

nothingness is in boys!!

New stealth mode?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EminusSleepus posted:

Derek did your elite legal team anticipated this move by CIG?

Yes. I've written about it. In fact, there is an update about that from May 24

http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-tos/

quote:

UPDATE 16/05/24: Sources are telling me that a new ToS revision is in the works and will be shoved through either in the upcoming public release of 2.4 or thereafter. If you ever hope to get financial accountability or refunds – two of the key provisions of the current ToS v1.2 – do not agree to it. On June 1st, backers have the legal right to both a refund and financial accountability as promised.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Lets see how much this lives this time.

http://i.imgur.com/t2TUdBF.jpg
https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...-article#latest

It will be really ironic if closed for rule 9.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

intardnation posted:

New stealth mode?

Stealth gameplay was added in!

Time to release the game, Chris!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

gently caress those labelling assholes who have nothing better to do than lie to the very people giving them their wages.

Hey, they are just doing their job and Ray obviously feels bad for the backers given how negative his tweets have been recently about the whole project. He even made fun of Chris Roberts "Dream Team" the other day.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Dante80 posted:

Lets see how much this lives this time.

http://i.imgur.com/t2TUdBF.jpg
https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...-article#latest

It will be really ironic if closed for rule 9.

Moved to concern.

no pole, removed rule #87875645645476586977565
toast (totally not moma)

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

DOCa Cola posted:

on a serious note:
for backers that seek advise or have opinions you want to freely discuss that are undesired on the rsi forum or on /r/starcitizen. and you don't want to register here on SA for whatever reason.
you can join the discussion over the frontier forums' star citizen thread

To add to this, I'd advise anyone to ensure they choose a username that's totally different from they have ever used elsewhere - CIG are watching, and will try to connect you to your account on the SC forum. Then they will use any excuse to permaban you.

Edit - And when you post on the FD forum, write like you were talking to your mother. FD aim to have a 'family friendly' forum, and there are rules about being respectful to other posters. State your opinion without resorting to emotional/insulting language. Just let the facts speak for themselves.

On another note, I wonder if CitizenCon will be like this in 2016:

https://youtu.be/RdR6MN2jKYs?t=12

Ponzi fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 11, 2016

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Stealth gameplay was added in!

Time to release the game, Chris!

you have been playing it this whole time. It is in there!

Thats a wrap guyz.

#fuckpublishers

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4nl1lx/i_want_to_share_a_few_reasons_why_i_enjoy_the_24/

I don't like how the ship AI goes nuts when you re-enter from EVA. It'll constantly raise and lower the landing gear. Anvil Aerospace pls fix.

It's all pretty nice. I wish we could get less freezes and more stable fps though. I know it's alpha and I understand bugs, just that there's so many changes that it'd really help if game ran a bit smoother.

Crashed out of the online universe with no warning due to some kind of authentication issue(?)

Graphics bugs

Choppy performance in online universe (though less so in the drone simulator)

Even a thread that's meant to be positive ends up feeling sad and depressing, as if they're trying to find reasons to like it but are steadily getting more and more disheartened.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AP posted:

Hey, they are just doing their job and Ray obviously feels bad for the backers given how negative his tweets have been recently about the whole project. He even made fun of Chris Roberts "Dream Team" the other day.

:colbert: No.

Good customer service doesn't take months to respond to poo poo, nor do they apply labels, nor do they claim to be the best marketing person in the whole world every since they were a little girl.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

considering how much work we do for CIG why arent we getting paid?

We direct marketing, development and web shows.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

EminusSleepus posted:

nothingness is in boys!!

Feels like i'm wearing nothing at all... nothing at all... nothing at all.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
This is insane

If you continue playing or "testing" after this i officially no longer feel bad for you

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

my longest wait was thrustmaster at 3 weeks but once they did respond they took great care of me.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Just so I'm clear:

Backers are a-okay with never receiving a product. They have given CIG millions of dollars that they, for some reason, trust the company to not gently caress off with to Mexico. There is zero time limit on this. They have given money to what amounts to a clickbait ad to the tune of a small military budget. In the event that CIG does indeed declare failure, shitizens get their money back - but, of course, that won't happen until CIG runs out of money, QED, there still won't be any refunds after the sad trombone.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Oh, and they've hosed the streamers completely. See the new Section XIII

http://imgur.com/a/Ov1Tt

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

intardnation posted:

considering how much work we do for CIG why arent we getting paid?

We direct marketing, development and web shows.

Some of us are.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Derek on discord brought up a good point, they made a whole tos section, Xlll, a pgabz clause.

DO NOT NEGATIVE STREAM, OR RECORD OR ELSE!

Now that's hilarious.

edit : beaten, but still worth repeating.

115 million dollar company folks.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:colbert: No.

Good customer service doesn't take months to respond to poo poo, nor do they apply labels, nor do they claim to be the best marketing person in the whole world every since they were a little girl.

Ray is running a big risk tweeting like that, you've got to have some respect for him sticking to his guns like this. Sure he'll say he didn't mean anything by it but it's a dramatically critical change to his tweeting style, I have no clue what's going on there but he's obviously really unhappy with CIG at the moment.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

On the other hand Ray's a racist shitheel who makes up ridiculous bullshit about how real-life fake-spaceship doors are made from balsa wood and sticky-tape. :shrug:

He's probably upset at work because he got a dressing down for being a fuckwit and letting us get some good laughs.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

MoMA: I don't care about your retarded belt, or your $4k "investment", or any of that dumb stuff.

But if you actually had anything to do with this new ToS, you should reevaluate yourself as a human being.

Because that is piece-of-poo poo level scum and villainy right there.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

AP posted:

Ray is running a big risk tweeting like that, you've got to have some respect for him sticking to his guns like this. Sure he'll say he didn't mean anything by it but it's a dramatically critical change to his tweeting style, I have no clue what's going on there but he's obviously really unhappy with CIG at the moment.

Maybe he's already been told that the customer labels are his fault and problem, when Sandi ordered him to do it she was clearly just joking.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
LOL if they use this new TOS to ban PGabz. I'm fairly sure they're going to.

Holy poo poo CIG please do it. The response will be incredible.

$115 million company bans user for making videos of pre-alpha showing bugs that got too many views.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

On the other hand Ray's a racist shitheel who makes up ridiculous bullshit about how real-life fake-spaceship doors are made from balsa wood and sticky-tape. :shrug:

He's probably upset at work because he got a dressing down for being a fuckwit and letting us get some good laughs.

It's like actual humans are complicated things and not one dimensional cardboard cut outs like Sandi

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

DO NOT NEGATIVE STREAM, OR RECORD OR ELSE!

Now that's hilarious.

Where exactly does it say that?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AP posted:

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/4nktc7/discuss_chnages_to_sc_tod_affecting_the_grey/

ManofManyAliases posted:

I have everything in the Armada Pack + a Glaive, Sabre, BMM, Carrack, Caterpillar, Cutlass Blue, M50, 350R, Khartu-Al and Phoenix

That $2,500 Armada pack seems like a top investment choice there mate.

A little legal grey area that the grey market traders haven't thought of, if you buy something with melted credits are you covered under the 14 day from purchase refund period as it's a new purchase? CIG might say no, in the EU....

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm the 115 million $ company that has it in their TOS that you can't monetize anything connected with making video content containing SC-related stuff.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Dante80 posted:

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
Clause XIII, Section B:

So CIG don't want their artwork to be stolen, but it's OK if they do it and use the stolen artwork the persuade people to give them money?

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

:holymoley:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Dante80 posted:

Like others have said, they will probably selectively enforce it. Since pgabz is a RSI customer, well.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm the 115 million $ company that has it in their TOS that you can't monetize anything connected with making video content containing SC-related stuff.

only cig are allowed to steal jpegs and use them to make money silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It is pretty standard stuff really. If CIG denied advertising, then that would be novel. You can monetize your content via that avenue, or via donations.

• Locked thread