Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Streetroller posted:

I'm not out to start a war with CIG

Aww come on man you might as well because:

Streetroller posted:

I just want my money back

Ain't happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzXWLdwYcY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Game status update: Still not working

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Streetroller posted:

What you guys say and do isn't really all that intrusive, if anything, it's the toxicity that's been bred out of it. No-one can criticize or look at the project objectively anymore because everyone seems to have a serious stake in seeing it succeed or fail.

Your mistake is thinking we have a stake in it failing.

We have a stake in it whether it succeeds or fails. Our only stake is entertainment. We're only on the fail boat because it's super obvious where this project is headed.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Streetroller posted:

Bear in mind, $3k was dropped over the course of 3/4 years, including subscriptions and buying various ships.
I was expecting a fulled supported VR interface, to be honest.

Before anyone tells me how much of an idiot I was or that I should have known, etc. I was always under the impression that SQ42 would release this year.
It was in their original tos, on their trailers, etc...

I've never logged into the game once, because I was not ever interested in testing the Alpha. It wouldn't have even been possible because I need to be able to key rebind to play games.
I have a disability that has progressively made it more difficult to game over the years, and I was excited about the idea of using Oculus to play (It was advertised as being accessible day 1)
I was extremely disappointed to hear that they essentially dropped it, but even that wasn't enough to put me off. I understand things take time.

I still would be backing if I hadn't read the tos changes on Reddit. Anyone with some basic law-crafting will know how absolutely shocking it is.

I've never paid much attention to Derek, he's too abrasive for me. My "descent" originally began when Chris wrote that awful letter to Escapist..
Finding out concierge was being labeled with inflammatory names, the blatant plagiarism...

Derek did none of those things. That was all CIG.

Go looking for your State's consumer protection, details on your State AG etc. Make sure when you ask for your refund from SC and they refuse that you tell them:

A) I will be pursuing chargeback
B) I am prepared to litigate

3k is definitely enough money to go to court over, and people in this thread will help you with it. If you were in Europe it'd be a doddle but in the US there might just be some more steps to go through, but you have a case, they don't, you have a good chance of recovering money (and they'll fold before legal action because holy gently caress does that make them look bad).

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
If the game fails then what I'd like to NOT see is the principal executives walking away richer than when they started

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

if you want that money back, expect to have to fight hard for it. if you seek legal council and go that route, please keep us updated, you might help someone else in a similar situation.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Streetroller posted:

I'm not Derek, if that's what you're implying. I'm on YT under this name - you can find me.

Friendly ribbing to prepare you for the treatment you will receive from the cultists on forums like r/starcitizen or the rsi forums, where at the first sign of disparagement towards SC/CIG/CR/RSI you instantly will be labeled Derek Smart except they won't be joking.

Also welcome, good to see another backer eat the red pill; post some cats once in a while.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Dante80 posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6732501/#Comment_6732501

Really astounded that the thread is still not closed. I even managed to get a small poll in..XD

Star Citizen: Not Intended For Public Viewing

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

please seek actual legal advice so that you do everything right.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well, I've never known a game to be this hosed before. It's just broken

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blessed by the Stimperor. o4

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

PST posted:

Go looking for your State's consumer protection, details on your State AG etc. Make sure when you ask for your refund from SC and they refuse that you tell them:

3k is definitely enough money to go to court over, and people in this thread will help you with it. If you were in Europe it'd be a doddle but in the US there might just be some more steps to go through, but you have a case, they don't, you have a good chance of recovering money (and they'll fold before legal action because holy gently caress does that make them look bad).

Do not mention litigation until all other avenues have failed. The moment you mention that word if CIG erm RSI is remotely like a normal company all communication will be cut off and your only option is speaking to their legal team.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
can someone please send me a link to "LET ME loving FINISH" or whatever derek yelled its for a project

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

PST posted:

http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/business-and-commerce-code/bus-com-sect-17-46.html

DTPA. this is texas but most states have the exact same law with minor alterations. The importance of these laws is that they flip the "lawsuit not worth it" script on poo poo corporations by awarding triple damages + legal fees for a fairly broad definition of deceptive trades and practices. Rights under DTPA laws cannot be waived by bullshit tos's except under very strict circumstances that do not apply here, and the tos itself opens them up to claims. The threat of DTPA is generally enough to get your refund and be on your way, it just isn't worth it for them to fight it.

Also enough with the you are hosed in the US but not the eu, aus, etc. Our laws absolutely forbid this bullshit, and fairly generous towards the consumer in both damages and interpretation.

That last part is general comment not directed towards you.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Streetroller posted:

Bear in mind, $3k was dropped over the course of 3/4 years, including subscriptions and buying various ships.
I was expecting a fulled supported VR interface, to be honest.

Before anyone tells me how much of an idiot I was or that I should have known, etc. I was always under the impression that SQ42 would release this year.
It was in their original tos, on their trailers, etc...

I've never logged into the game once, because I was not ever interested in testing the Alpha. It wouldn't have even been possible because I need to be able to key rebind to play games.
I have a disability that has progressively made it more difficult to game over the years, and I was excited about the idea of using Oculus to play (It was advertised as being accessible day 1)
I was extremely disappointed to hear that they essentially dropped it, but even that wasn't enough to put me off. I understand things take time.

I still would be backing if I hadn't read the tos changes on Reddit. Anyone with some basic law-crafting will know how absolutely shocking it is.

I've never paid much attention to Derek, he's too abrasive for me. My "descent" originally began when Chris wrote that awful letter to Escapist..
Finding out concierge was being labeled with inflammatory names, the blatant plagiarism...

Derek did none of those things. That was all CIG.

I'm sorry to hear this and I hope that you'll be able to get at least some of your cash back

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

DogonCrook posted:

http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/business-and-commerce-code/bus-com-sect-17-46.html

DTPA. this is texas but most states have the exact same law with minor alterations. The importance of these laws is that they flip the "lawsuit not worth it" script on poo poo corporations by awarding triple damages + legal fees for a fairly broad definition of deceptive trades and practices. Rights under DTPA laws cannot be waived by bullshit tos's except under very strict circumstances that do not apply here, and the tos itself opens them up to claims. The threat of DTPA is generally enough to get your refund and be on your way, it just isn't worth it for them to fight it.

Also enough with the you are hosed in the US but not the eu, aus, etc. Our laws absolutely forbid this bullshit, and fairly generous towards the consumer in both damages and interpretation.

That last part is general comment not directed towards you.

Here's California: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=civ&group=01001-02000&file=1770

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Palisader, has your baby shown any negative effects from being exposed to Star Citizen in utero, like a tendency to waste money on toys that don't exist and scream angrily at people that tell him he's being scammed? Also :3::3::3:

The sheer level of incompetence CIG displays is making me believe those conspiracy theories about their funding more and more- this cannot be a $100,000,000+ company. This dead gay forum cannot be steering the course of this much goddamn money, something's gotta be faked. All those employees are actors, or most of the money is laundered by Swedish organized crime, or that funding floor's been there the whole time.

Anyway what happened yesterday?

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Um obviously STARENGINE is more fidelitous than cryengine 5 because Chris only has the best and brightest working for him.

Thank you for getting me back on track, fellow believer. Sometimes my disturbing lack of faith renders me weak and then I tend to stray from the path.

I really wasn't aware that it had a name of its own, that is just ludicrous. Next stretch goal: Getting flagged as malware.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Streetroller you sound like a decent dude and I feel bad for you -- hope you get something back.

Also I'm loving Toast's new defiant attitude in the thread. That's right mang! Defend your baby! Don't let the bad people sully the terms of service you wrote!!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Can anyone who knows something about vibleogams explain how this is even possible? What would cause a player model to bend and twist as if by Minsc's berserker strength?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

for eonwe

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
OK so I have played a bit now and hand on heart it's worse than ever, like a lot worse.
I just spent 10 minutes inside a mustang watching a dude try and get out :lol: he even landed it on its roof, but no dice

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

EightAce posted:

Has moma been on trying to defend the new CIG tos that says ' you can all get hosed we have your money ' ?

Yes, but no cause he simply can't defend it

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

Well, I've never known a game to be this hosed before. It's just broken

Either one of these sentences would make a good new thread title.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
look, okay, they voted with their wallets and due to the magic of the free market, let me tell you about how ayn rand knew nothing about real, classical libertarians

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Streetroller posted:

I can't really speak for all "whales" but the honest truth is I didn't really spend lots of time taking anything ya'll brought up very seriously because most of it was speculation, conjecture, or just rumor mill.
I think Derek is definitely motivated by hatred, or just likes watching the world burn. I imagine him using a magnifying glass to light up ant hills and laughing maniacally when he's not online.
It's hard to take someone's argument seriously when they're referring to you as a "Shitizen"

What you guys say and do isn't really all that intrusive, if anything, it's the toxicity that's been bred out of it. No-one can criticize or look at the project objectively anymore because everyone seems to have a serious stake in seeing it succeed or fail.
I've tried to stay far away from that stuff as much as possible.

Unfortunately, I can't anymore.

Like I said, my descent came all from CIG themselves; I never gave a poo poo what Derek said or didn't say - though I never thought he didn't have a right to say it. I'm not bothered by his motivations, though, whatever floats your boat.
I *do* care about a company I gave $3k to says and does though, for sure.

I originally found out we were being labeled from the Trades sub, that definitely rubbed me wrong. Derek can call me whatever the hell he wants, I'm not going to be treated like a second class citizen from a company I gave money to in good faith.
Then there's the blatant plagiarism of the deviantartists and other games... The bailing out on E3, the bailing out on Gamescom. If there's a product, why isn't it being shown?

That's what this comes down to. I gave money in good faith, and I no longer feel there is good faith anymore because of the changes and recent events.

I feel like Théoden from Lord of the Rings, waking up from a dream and finding out it was really a nightmare.
I'm not out to start a war with CIG, I just want my money back and to move on.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
This is where I am at now.
The game is worse than ever, but much more than that it is shittier than ever.
In the old days it was just janky and crap and that was that, but now, well the more they add the more I realise it's just a poo poo game. They have put a shop in with guns and it's honestly like something from 2002. It's poo poo, not janky, just poo poo. It's dull, bland, crap and poo poo.
This makes all the words they waffle on more and more hollow as time goes by.
It makes even the guys in Berlin sound like loving idiots and bullshitters - the evidence of progress in the game right now is absolutely zero. the whole thing is a crock of poo poo.
I tell you what they are really doing here, and it's loving blatantly obvious with this update - they are adding doodads.
There are now flags and poo poo on walls, some railings have appeared and lockers, some more loving tables and bullshit like that. it's just so transparent what is going on now.
The rest of the game is worse, everything flickers, everything jitters around now. It's not even really funny at this point, it's loving insulting.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
well here is a dumb bad thing I just poo poo out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRQppqV2LwQ

work in progress

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 11, 2016

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

:siren: THIS IS NOT HIPERBOLE :siren:

CIG is monitoring this thread and trying to connect accounts here to their CIG counterparts. Be careful what you post if you wish to remain anonymous to them.

Hello CIG monitor! Feel free to connect my name to any RSI account. I'm not picky.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Decrepus posted:

Can anyone who knows something about vibleogams explain how this is even possible? What would cause a player model to bend and twist as if by Minsc's berserker strength?

I'm not a developer but I think it's to do with Cryengine not handling vehicles properly. Their workaround for this is that when you get into a vehicle they are actually transforming the player character into the shape of the vehicle. Unfortunately for them it seems the game engine is prone to getting confused about what shape the player character should currently be and that's why you see the human model doing it's best to contort into the shape of a ship.

It's more complex than that involving the mapping of bone structures and suchlike but that's basically what's happening.

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 11, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MeLKoR posted:

:siren: THIS IS NOT HIPERBOLE :siren:

CIG is monitoring this thread and trying to connect accounts here to their CIG counterparts. Be careful what you post if you wish to remain anonymous to them.

Hi CIG.

My RSI handle is "Beer". You already know this because you wrote "Beer (aka Beer4TheBeerGod)" in my Zendesk account.

Your "game" is a scam, brought about by incompetence and arrogance of Chris and Sandra Roberts.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I wonder how they're going to connect us. If they find out which whale I am, they'll be blown away, and it could ruin everything.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I'd apologise for the quality, triteness, and general silliness, except that… nah.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

SomethingJones posted:

Hi rootdarkarchon,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am very sorry you felt the need to perform a chargeback, however chargebacks should only ever be used for cases of genuine fraud, where you have had no recollection of making the payment yourself. Using a chargeback as a means to gain a refund is a misuse of the system, and damages both us, and your own ability to use the payment provider in the future. Unfortunately if you decide to do this, I will have to take a note of this down to provide the information to Paypal.

I apologise that we cannot offer you a refund, however as stated by my colleagues before you are outside of the 14 day grace period and are not eligible for one. If you require any further assistance please let us know, thanks.

Best Regards

Amy
Billing Support Representative
Cloud Imperium Games

Ok. They are straight up lying to keep you from doing a chargeback.

I would take this email, and file a complaint with the city department that issued them their business license. In order to do business in most jurisdictions you have to sign a paper saying you aren't going to be doing shady stuff like lying to customers.

I'd laugh my butt off if CIG got their business license pulled by the city of los angeles (or wherever they are).

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

This is where I am at now.
The game is worse than ever, but much more than that it is shittier than ever.
In the old days it was just janky and crap and that was that, but now, well the more they add the more I realise it's just a poo poo game. They have put a shop in with guns and it's honestly like something from 2002. It's poo poo, not janky, just poo poo. It's dull, bland, crap and poo poo.
This makes all the words they waffle on more and more hollow as time goes by.
It makes even the guys in Berlin sound like loving idiots and bullshitters - the evidence of progress in the game right now is absolutely zero. the whole thing is a crock of poo poo.
I tell you what they are really doing here, and it's loving blatantly obvious with this update - they are adding doodads.
There are now flags and poo poo on walls, some railings have appeared and lockers, some more loving tables and bullshit like that. it's just so transparent what is going on now.
The rest of the game is worse, everything flickers, everything jitters around now. It's not even really funny at this point, it's loving insulting.

My favourite patch was still the one that had "Straightened a shelf" as a headline fix.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

They're blatantly padding their bugfix list because they're not skilled enough to fix the actual issues but still want to look like they're doing work.

Synchronized
Jul 24, 2011
Tick Tock.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hi CIG.

My RSI handle is "Beer". You already know this because you wrote "Beer (aka Beer4TheBeerGod)" in my Zendesk account.

Your "game" is a scam, brought about by incompetence and arrogance of Chris and Sandra Roberts.

Did you cash out after you were banned for "corporate espionage", or is your account still active? I remember in the email log you were mentioning some various pledges to be credited to your account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
This is the End, CIG Friend by The Airlocks

This is the end, CIG friend,
This is the end, my only game, the end
Of our elaborate dreams, the end
Of multicrew ship teams, the end
No game and no refunds, the end