Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

thehoodie posted:

I felt the same way, to the point where I couldn't even play anymore because I was so bored. And it kept teaching me mechanics which were super obvious and I couldn't skip the tutorials.

So basically they learned nothing from what people hated about Dream Team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Quest For Glory II posted:

also a reminder that this is what MN9 looked like 7 days into production, compare it to how it looks now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M

And somehow, that looked like a better game than what they have now.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I feel bad for all the Mega Man fans who thought MN9 would really be something special, and I also hope Bloodstained ends up being as good as it continues to look

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

raditts posted:

Except for all the tutorials being skippable.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

raditts posted:

Hated is a strong word, but yeah pretty much.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Obviously it's hard to make a Mario RPG better than the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdGiLIfugu8

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i just saw warcraft. who ever compared it to battlefield earth was saying the truth. I mean the action looked pretty good at points. but i didnt get any of it(never played warcraft) and my gf didnt like it and is a fan of the games. so who the gently caress was it trying to appeal to?

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 12, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i just saw warcraft.

I have a question.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i just saw warcraft. who ever compared it to battlefield earth was saying the truth.

On a scale of awful to loving awful, how was it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CJacobs posted:

On a scale of awful to loving awful, how was it

the action was ok. but the rest was boring(and i love talking/drama but this was shite) I didn't understand jack about the lore, except the basic story line, and then it kinda just ends resolving nothing with a sequel bate ending.

Lurdiak posted:

I have a question.

shoot

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Why did you see Warcraft.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Why did you see Warcraft.

because my gf wanted to watch it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My grandpa and grandma saw the new Alice in Wonderland movie this weekend because they really enjoyed the first one and they were disappointed. My grandma says that not even Johnny Depp can save a movie that is otherwise bad.

edit: My counterpoint was The Lone Ranger, which they acknowledged would have been crap without Depp there, and they said there were exceptions to every rule. This has nothing to do with video games but I just thought I'd mention because I feel like I need to do something with this information

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CJacobs posted:

My grandpa and grandma saw the new Alice in Wonderland movie this weekend because they really enjoyed the first one and they were disappointed. My grandma says that not even Johnny Depp can save a movie that is otherwise bad.

edit: My counterpoint was The Lone Ranger, which they acknowledged would have been crap without Depp there, and they said there were exceptions to every rule.

oh poo poo. why was it so bad. I mean i didnt care for the first alice.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

also happy first day of e3 east coast goons. :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysno8xdJWo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Apparently it's just not entertaining and the humor parts weren't very funny. I guess there are only so many times Johnny Depp can say something wacky and then they cut to Alice bein like "wuh??" before it gets old.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Hell yea, lockdown soon fellow gamers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW3JrHH6Zc0

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtiV8Y1bX5w

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

While we're talking about movies, I watched that recent Godzilla on Netflix, and man, centering the emotional core of the film and POV on a charisma vacuum soldierman was such a bad decision. I'd heard people complain about this before but I just couldn't believe how little I cared about this character and his stupid wife and child, and framing almost everything in the film through their eyes completely drained the excitement that the amazing cinematography and cool giant monsters should've generated. It's nost just the one boring soldier, either, there's plenty of scenes where you're supposed to give a crap about military people who shouldn't be doing anything but yelling "Look out! Fire!" or arguing with scientists.

It honestly almost feels like someone took a perfectly good Godzilla script centering around two scientists and decided to insert some pro-military garbage in it. Bryan Cranston can't be the lead, his soldier son will do all the work! Why would some random rear end soldier be needed for this? Uhhh he has... bomb... disarming... powers.

There's even a few scenes where the general, who really should be a huge rear end in a top hat to strengthen the script and create some character drama, goes out of his way to show he's a nice guy.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I hope Battlefield One is good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm back from the anime convention and I have photos and stories to show and tell some good some bad but I am too tired to go into it right now. I had a good time and I hope everybody else was able to have a fun saturday as well, especially if it was as fun a saturday as I had.

I do want to share this though. There was a lady there who sings and plays guitar, and she was taking requests for which of her songs to play and I ended up hearing this thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuXHGIMS5H8

That's just an old recording but it's the same song so whatevs

man that's bad...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

While we're talking about movies, I watched that recent Godzilla on Netflix, and man, centering the emotional core of the film and POV on a charisma vacuum soldierman was such a bad decision. I'd heard people complain about this before but I just couldn't believe how little I cared about this character and his stupid wife and child, and framing almost everything in the film through their eyes completely drained the excitement that the amazing cinematography and cool giant monsters should've generated. It's nost just the one boring soldier, either, there's plenty of scenes where you're supposed to give a crap about military people who shouldn't be doing anything but yelling "Look out! Fire!" or arguing with scientists.

It honestly almost feels like someone took a perfectly good Godzilla script centering around two scientists and decided to insert some pro-military garbage in it. Bryan Cranston can't be the lead, his soldier son will do all the work! Why would some random rear end soldier be needed for this? Uhhh he has... bomb... disarming... powers.

There's even a few scenes where the general, who really should be a huge rear end in a top hat to strengthen the script and create some character drama, goes out of his way to show he's a nice guy.

I liked the 15 min godzilla was on screen, the story was dumb but so are most of the godzilla movies. yeah cranston should have been the main character.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

The Xbox had a good controller tho

They're the same controller, is what i'm getting at.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I have a video games question.

Splatoon spoiled me with the gamepad, and now I never want to aim with joysticks ever again in a shooter. Does PS4 have any motion control controllers, and do they work with Overwatch?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
The PS4 controller is capable of the same gyro controls as the Wii U gamepad I'm pretty sure, it's just that no one supports that in-game.

But I think I read somewhere that people have set up the Steam controller to let you do that on PC, so... that's sort of an option lol

But probably not what you're looking for :-[

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I saw The Conjuring 2, which has some good gotcha moments and direction. James Wan is pretty good at what he does from a technical standpoint.

The story and themes are kind of irritating though. Moreso even than the first one it's a big congratulatory jerkfest for the Warrens that treats its subject matter as something sacred. Like it's just too long (well over 2 hours) and overblown and self-serious.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I saw The Conjuring 2, which has some good gotcha moments and direction. James Wan is pretty good at what he does from a technical standpoint.

The story and themes are kind of irritating though. Moreso even than the first one it's a big congratulatory jerkfest for the Warrens that treats its subject matter as something sacred. Like it's just too long (well over 2 hours) and overblown and self-serious.

I keep saying the Warrens would work better as a pair of awkward true believers with a real desire to help people. Instead, they've got the same problem as Rey, where the movie is trying so hard to tell me how awesome and great they are, but instead they come across as turds. Turds!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the E3 thread for Sunday is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779711

I did not make it a gif explosion because EA and Bethesda were not funny enough last year to find zany gifs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How is everybody doing

I'm not doing too well at the moment, woke up due to having a seizure so that has thrown me off entirely. Hopefully I feel better soon and hopefully everybody has a better day than I'm having at the mometn

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

How is everybody doing

I'm not doing too well at the moment, woke up due to having a seizure so that has thrown me off entirely. Hopefully I feel better soon and hopefully everybody has a better day than I'm having at the moment

I'm tired, but can't force myself to sleep because there are bed bugs in this apartment. They seem to have gotten worse after the first treatment they did, probably tons of eggs hatching and the neighbors having moved out mean im priority target.

Thank goodness for Total War Warhammer to gently caress around in until i get too tired to care.

Sorry to hear about you waking up via seizure, I imagine you've learned some tricks to dealing with the after effects so hopefully you'll be reoriented and ready for more gaming soon!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

How is everybody doing

I'm not doing too well at the moment, woke up due to having a seizure so that has thrown me off entirely. Hopefully I feel better soon and hopefully everybody has a better day than I'm having at the mometn
I'm sorry to hear you are having seizures :(

I got a lot of work done today and now I'm going to sleep so I can be awake and alert for Gamer Christmas

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CJacobs posted:

Apparently it's just not entertaining and the humor parts weren't very funny. I guess there are only so many times Johnny Depp can say something wacky and then they cut to Alice bein like "wuh??" before it gets old.

Hell yea, lockdown soon fellow gamers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW3JrHH6Zc0

depp spends a lot of the movie being sad and depressed and sometimes he cries

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nasgate posted:

I'm tired, but can't force myself to sleep because there are bed bugs in this apartment. They seem to have gotten worse after the first treatment they did, probably tons of eggs hatching and the neighbors having moved out mean im priority target.

Thank goodness for Total War Warhammer to gently caress around in until i get too tired to care.

Sorry to hear about you waking up via seizure, I imagine you've learned some tricks to dealing with the after effects so hopefully you'll be reoriented and ready for more gaming soon!

I'm sorry that you are dealing with bed bugs. A couple years back my fiancee and I were living in a horrid apartment that was just absolutely infested with them and the landlord was absolutely too stupid to understand what the exterminators were telling her to do. They'd tell her that everybody would have to pack their things up into bags and then they'd drop chemical strips into them (in addition to spraying and powdering the rooms themselves) and that this would be a lengthy process, and the landlord kept hearing this and believing it meant "ah so I just have to put my stuff in a bag for a couple days and they'll die, alright" because she couldn't comprehend that bed bugs lived pretty much everywhere

I'm sorry to hear you are having seizures :(

I got a lot of work done today and now I'm going to sleep so I can be awake and alert for Gamer Christmas

Thanks. It is unfortunate that it happened but I'm extremely fortunate to have a loving and caring person who knows what to do in case I have a seizure.

I'm excited for e3 too, I love e3, I am just legitimately excited when I see stage shows and presentations and stuff because yeah some of it is boring and dumb and awkward but I like technology unveiling stuff

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

has anyone heard of this Technomancer game? It's coming out at month's end, looks kind of interesting but there's been really zero info about it besides Steam.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's buy the same guys that made super jank RPG's Mars: War Logs and Bound By Flame and will probably also be super janky but the increase in quality between those two was surprisingly large so if they do that again maybe it'll be worthwhile?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

It's buy the same guys that made super jank RPG's Mars: War Logs and Bound By Flame and will probably also be super janky but the increase in quality between those two was surprisingly large so if they do that again maybe it'll be worthwhile?

this, mars war logs was ok apart from the jank, so i am sure this will be ok. if not i will return it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Can't wait til Nintendo reveals Pokemon Snap 2 at E3 this year

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Everyone shut up and buy the new Kirby

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

the E3 thread for Sunday is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779711

I did not make it a gif explosion because EA and Bethesda were not funny enough last year to find zany gifs

That's fine, we aren't neogaf, whose posters are only able to communicate through lovely gifs.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Everyone shut up and buy the new Kirby

I did already

Macaluso posted:

Can't wait til Nintendo reveals Pokemon Snap 2 at E3 this year

I'm feelin' lucky this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ometeotl posted:

That's fine, we aren't neogaf, whose posters are only able to communicate through lovely gifs.

• Locked thread