Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
FWIW Costco has some Greg Norman dri-fit polos with some stretch for like 16 bucks. I played in a light grey one this past Tuesday and liked it so much I went back and bought the blue. I have bought an almost embarrassing amount of their golf stuff this year: shorts, shirts, balls, the 3 glove packs. I am considering the Taylormade Ghost Corza Putter they carry. It looks great and has good reviews, and its time to get a putter with better indicators.

I checked the Marshalls near me last night since it was late. They had a TON of Nike shoes including a lot of football cleats at great prices. Gonna hit up the Burlington and Ross near me when they open this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
LMAO Ernie

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/740969118996664320

Dude holes out from the bunker, shirt un-tucked and his zipper down. Good for him.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Golf Megathread 2016: More Ross than the Friends TVIV Thread

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Josh Lyman posted:

Whew, didn't want to feel bad if you had the white/blue available locally.

Was it the same location you said didn't have anything a few days ago? Makes me wonder how often to visit.

Restock at Burlington, Marshalls, tj max etc is usually every Tuesday night. They never get the same stuff twice though so it's not really much help. I'm heading to another BCF right now, if they have White/Yellow in 12M get that mouth prepped. :D

Edit: Mildly successful trip. They had 2 pairs of golf shoes in the entire store. They both happened to be 12M in Size. Sadly no White/Blue...I did pick up this grey/orange Impact 2's for $20 though. There is 1 pair left same color. Not too bad. Really comfortable, and considering they're like $100-130 everywhere else it was a good deal. Also, wouldn't you know it, there was another Ross across the street that I checked out. They had 2 pairs of Nike Lunar Waverly's? They were grey/blue leather, kinda looked like trash. Did get an ugly as poo poo Adidas golf shirt for $16 though. Now I kinda of want a pair of these.. https://www.amazon.com/Nike-Golf-Lu...Nike+Golf+Shoes they match the Vapor Fly Driver..and looked pretty sick.

thebushcommander fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 10, 2016

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Any ideas for clubs for an 11 year old girl who swings lefty and is 5 feet tall?

Edit: I want a backyard like this

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGaepXMGKij/

daslog fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 10, 2016

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

daslog posted:

Any ideas for clubs for an 11 year old girl who swings lefty and is 5 feet tall?

As if we needed one more reason to hate Markie Mark.

As for clubs for her size she'd probably want Lady's Petite clubs, they're made for women between 4'8 and 5'1 I think. Unless she wants to grow with them, then I would probably go with standard. Probably a number of full sets you can buy from like Wilson up to Callaway range in price.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

daslog posted:

Boy colors: http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30148823/macgregor-junior-boy-s-tourney-full-set-ages-10-12-

Girl colors: http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30148829/macgregor-junior-girl-s-tourney-full-set-ages-10-12-

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 10, 2016

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

daslog posted:

To be honest, that is what I do as well if I were that rich.

Ross/BCF report: I was reminded of why I don't wear Nikes. Hint: A size 13 foot is not a size 10 foot with longer toes. I actually threw on a size 15 pair of Nike TR 1 trainers despite being a size 13 foot and they fit perfectly width wise and were 2 inches too long lol. I actually ended up buying these Nike FL Bermuda's in the grey/pink because they were 24.99 and why not. The right shoe is just on the edge of uncomfortably narrow, but maybe some shoe horns will stretch it just a smidge?

Honestly all this did was make me want a pair of ECCO Biom 2 Hybrid's even more. Gorgeous and the size 47's fit like a glove. I can't justify spending 200 dollars on golf shoes, right? ...right? :ohdear:

cheese fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 10, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

cheese posted:

Honestly all this did was make me want a pair of ECCO Biom 2 Hybrid's even more. Gorgeous and the size 47's fit like a glove. I can't justify spending 200 dollars on golf shoes, right? ...right? :ohdear:
Don't do it. At least try to get a deal on Ebay.

In the likely scenario a white/yellow 12M doesn't appear, I think I've settled on these:

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 10, 2016

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Don't do it. At least try to get a deal on Ebay.
Wow, they really are cheaper on ebay? Is it all legit?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

cheese posted:

Wow, they really are cheaper on ebay? Is it all legit?
For the most part, you can get overstock for good prices. Same with models in the process of being discontinued.

For the most part, I think counterfeit is limited to clubs (higher margins) and are typically sold on individual websites, not Ebay.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

thebushcommander posted:

LMAO Ernie

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/740969118996664320

Dude holes out from the bunker, shirt un-tucked and his zipper down. Good for him.

I was there. His zipper wasn't just down, it was broken. We were told don't film him

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

I was there. His zipper wasn't just down, it was broken. We were told don't film him

Should've gotten some nice zoom in shots of his Big Sleazy.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Had a 45 minute lesson today.

Faults:

I do a C thing on my backswing where I bring my whole body back instead of just moving the shoulders.
I swing with my arms too much and not my chest enough.

Got a lot too work on.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

daslog posted:

Had a 45 minute lesson today.

Faults:

I do a C thing on my backswing where I bring my whole body back instead of just moving the shoulders.
I swing with my arms too much and not my chest enough.

Got a lot too work on.

I've been focusing on weight distribution and not swaying in my backswing too; focusing on keeping your head or sternum in the same spot and turning around that axis makes good contact so much easier.

I think I'm over due to video my swing again. I'm curious how large of a backswing I actually take with my mid/long irons now. I'm doing what feel like half swings to prevent hooking the ball, but my distances are just fine so my clubhead speed must not be suffering much. I really really wish there was somewhere with a trackman/flightscope/GC2HMT within an hour of me, I'd love to spend an hour or two getting hard numbers for a variety of things.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
If anybody can locate the Lunar Control 3s in size 11.5 or 12, I'm interested. Ross might carry them for 29.99, Burlington for 19.99. I've got grey/pink and white/blue. I'd love the white/volt, especially.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Mark Crossfield has the first six holes of a nine hole matchplay game against Andy Sullivan posted on YouTube, and I think I have a new pro golfer to root for in tournaments. He's funny and obviously enjoying himself just messing around on his home course, which is different than some other pros I've seen.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

Mark Crossfield has the first six holes of a nine hole matchplay game against Andy Sullivan posted on YouTube, and I think I have a new pro golfer to root for in tournaments. He's funny and obviously enjoying himself just messing around on his home course, which is different than some other pros I've seen.

Sergio used to always play in the Telus World Skins (usually with Mike Weir and John Daly) and they were some of the most entertaining rounds of golf Ive ever watched. The 2002 one in particular was one of my favorites since the 3 of them finally broke through Vijay Singh's weird robot personality revealing him to be just as much of a goof as the others. Those 3 just letting loose and having fun was what really got me into golf. :unsmith:

e: oh yeah shot 97 today :toot:
Sure it was playing the front 9 twice (the back 9 was jam packed with 4-somes booked through GolfNow and was moving slower than molasses in a Winnipeg winter) but 47-50 was pretty good considering I had an 8 and 3 7s. My dad kept stealing my new Cobra hybrid. I think I know what to get him for Father's Day. :v:

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 12, 2016

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I'll have to try and watch that online somewhere. I was never a big golf fan until a few years ago when I started playing a lot, so I always dvr the Golf's Greatest Rounds and the like on the golf channel and watch YouTube vids of some of the more famous rounds in recent years when I can find them.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Sergio used to always play in the Telus World Skins (usually with Mike Weir and John Daly) and they were some of the most entertaining rounds of golf Ive ever watched. The 2002 one in particular was one of my favorites since the 3 of them finally broke through Vijay Singh's weird robot personality revealing him to be just as much of a goof as the others. Those 3 just letting loose and having fun was what really got me into golf. :unsmith:
I remember about 10 years ago, a mic picked up Vijay after chunking a chip shot, "loving unbelievable". It was so loud and distinct, the first time I'd heard a golfer on TV swear.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Lot of inclement weather issues this year, hopefully it clears up as we move through summer cus these tournaments are getting hard to watch.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

We had a sustained 15mph wind today with gusts of 25-30, and they chose the most annoying pin locations possible on most holes. I had a good day off the tee but my 50-80 yard shots were lacking, we ended up shooting a 75 and came up dry in the skins and other prizes. Had fun though and I'm now on the list to sub for people in one of the better leagues at this course so that's a plus.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Daric posted:

Lot of inclement weather issues this year, hopefully it clears up as we move through summer cus these tournaments are getting hard to watch.

Its been really windy all spring/summer along the east coast, all the way up to where I live in central Ontario. The past 7 days have averaged like 25km/h winds pretty consistently with gusts (like today) going up into the 50s.

Solo guy that joined up with my dad and myself to play the last 3 holes was amazed that I can take such a tiny swing (I take a half swing due to an injury) and hit such a long ball. Which confused me since I was only averaging about 220 with the driver. This guy was a 9 handicap to my 29 and my dads 13 and he was impressed by us thinking we were there to practice for the pro qualifier being held next week. Got a good laugh out of us, he happened to see my best 3 holes of the summer so far (par, par, par 2 of which could have been birdies) and think that was how I had been playing all day. He didnt see me take 4 swings to get out of the hay on hole 2, or blast a bunker shot 30 yards over the green, or chunk an easy 5 wood into the creek. :v:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
After a 109 today, I'm going to have to dial back my expectations. I also need to settle on a club for hitting 30 to 90 yard pitches...

Huskers
May 9, 2009
I tuned in to see Sahalee because my aunt and uncle used to live around that neighborhood but Ko and Henderson are playing some great golf at the women's PGA. Should be a good playoff.

Huskers fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 13, 2016

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Brooke Henderson looks weird with a 48" driver, even though she does grip down on it. She played really well though and sticking that approach shot to 3 feet in the playoff deserved the victory, good for her.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Today was Lydia Ko's first time holding an overnight lead at a major and she couldn't close. Is she a choker? :downs:

Suprfli6 posted:

Brooke Henderson looks weird with a 48" driver, even though she does grip down on it. She played really well though and sticking that approach shot to 3 feet in the playoff deserved the victory, good for her.
She's only 5'4 and she only grips down maybe 2", so the driver is at a super flat lie angle with the toe sticking way up in the air:

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Suprfli6 posted:

The Lee Westwood one is pretty good too, and at least a few holes make him look like a weekend hacker... Always sad to watch Crossfield videos though, weather always looks miserable.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGkXqYuoOOT/

Justin Thomas posted a quick video example of the rough at Oakmont. Yikes.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

I'm so excited :D

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

:siren: US Open thread is up! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779859 :siren:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I shot a 49 at leagues tonight without hitting any of my woods. Had I not made one stupid mistake, that could have been a 45. I'm thinking I might be better off not swinging the big clubs until I'm sure they won't go out of bounds.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
Anyone looking into getting a driving iron...

http://golfdealsandsteals.com/deal-of-the-day/ - Has a Tmade UDI @ 89.99 today.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

If you don't take/have never taken golf lessons, I can now highly recommend recording some swings to take a look at. I wanted to figure out what was causing my driver to be so inconsistent and after watching the iPhone recording of just one of my swings, I realized I was making like 3 different mistakes. Spent the rest of the range session working on two of those (hips coming forward in the downswing and my arms getting ahead of my shoulders in what I thought was a smooth, one piece takeway) and by the end, my drives were a fair bit more consistent. I suppose if you have regular lessons then your instructor will help, but if youtube videos is as close as you get, you might want to try it.

Edit: Protip - Don't be like me and hit 30 balls in a row with your driver that all take off low and nose dive hard into the dirt after 70 yards. If that happens, stop teeing off with the ball 8 inches in front of your driver :(

cheese fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 15, 2016

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Well, this is the worst day of my life. I lost my alligator headcover, Daphne, on the course this afternoon. Don't know where exactly it happened. I re-traced every single shot I had, every bumpy cart path and rough path I took, from hole 18 to hole 1. I questioned everybody I came across, but I still left without her. Even worse, the eponymous company doesn't make that model anymore.

She was the oldest part of my golf bag, including the golf bag. We went to Ireland and Scotland together. I seriously feel like I lost a pet.

RIP Daphne. 2005-2016

Ladies and gentlemen, please always replace your headcovers. I never did while riding, and I've paid the ultimate price.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Kameh posted:

Well, this is the worst day of my life. I lost my alligator, Daphne, on the course this afternoon.

You know, it's because of people like you...

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
People that don't hand in lost equipment are scum.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Halo14 posted:

People that don't hand in lost equipment are scum.

I've spent less time looking for brand new wedges I've left on the course.

And I agree with you.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I showed up to the course last night at around 6:15 to find some very slow groups had just teed off on both sides, following the leagues. So I took it as an opportunity to play two 2015 Chrome Softs and two ProV1s on each hole and see if I could notice any differences. And at the end of nine holes I really couldn't, aside from the obvious feel difference. Drive distances and flights seemed the same assuming similar strikes, my yardages (carry and total) with irons and wedges were basically the same, and putting didn't seem any different either. That last one surprised me since I've seen people complain the Chrome Softs seem to jump off their putters causing them to over-hit them until they've adjusted. Maybe it's because I'm using a putter with an insert instead of a milled face or something?

Even walking and playing four balls I was still playing much faster than the two threesomes ahead of me, so I did a lot of extra chipping and putting. I usually hit pretty high chips with my 58, but after practicing it for a bit I was getting better results hitting low ones with it. I can't get them to stop immediately after the first bounce but the rollout was minimal whether it was a 10 foot or 40 foot chip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I hit range balls for 5 hours yesterday in 97*F heat and I didn't have my glove with me so my hands are like a murder scene.

However, there was a Titleist demo day with a Trackman so I got to hit a bunch of stuff and got some insider info about the new 917 driver. Worth it.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jun 17, 2016