Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That actually sounds awesome, but I quit CH like over a year ago. Are Kong saves still intact?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I started playing Realm Grinder last night, but I play on the cheat website.

http://www.hackedonlinegames.com/game/2951/realm-grinder

Basically you get infinite mana and I think the rest of the game is the same. In a few hours I was able to unlock Titans and Druids as well as do several runs before abdication and get something like 150+ trophies and a few hundred billion gems.

So given the infinite mana what do you think is the best way to make Numbers Go Up?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Off the top of my head, I would guess that goblins might be the way to go.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Powercrazy posted:

I started playing Realm Grinder last night, but I play on the cheat website.

http://www.hackedonlinegames.com/game/2951/realm-grinder

Basically you get infinite mana and I think the rest of the game is the same. In a few hours I was able to unlock Titans and Druids as well as do several runs before abdication and get something like 150+ trophies and a few hundred billion gems.

So given the infinite mana what do you think is the best way to make Numbers Go Up?
Infinite mana means infinite spellcasts, which means the endgame will be the Goblin research (W25) that cares about the number of Tax Collections you've cast that game, then you're locked in on Drow Goblins forever.

But until then, the key difference is that your spells will always be up - so that means Fairy Chanting and Lightning Strike, since those are the spells with huge multipliers that can hit the most powerful building in the run. That's Fairies into Titans into Mercenaries to get both until you get research going. I think.

If the infinite mana counts as infinite mana produced then you might want Druids instead once you have the challenge that will make Grand Balance automatically hit all eleven targets.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Nope mana production is the same, the only difference would be if mana-production counts when you are at full mana or not. (I think it does, as I got several mana-production trophies). And yea when I played my Goblin run I was able to get several of the faction coin trophies (1 million faction coins etc), but I was still peaking out at the Nonillion Gold level. Of course goblins were also the second run I did, so since I've done several more runs by now, I might go with goblins again. I haven't reincarnated, not enough gems yet.

Also I've noticed that other then Elves and Goblins, faction coins are hard to generate. The primary source of them seems to be excavation, but excavation is costing me in the Dc level of gold, and that is really difficult to get to especially if you are lacking the 500 faction coins to get the next upgrades.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
With infinite mana the primary source should be the hidden trophy that gives you 30 seconds worth of FC every time you Tax Collection, which you get by casting 30 Tax Collections in less than 5 seconds.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's more like super high mana regen since it's really refilling your mana completely every second or so.

It's actually going to help you less and less as you advance through the game since post-research you already get pretty high mana regen.

Also that version of the game is from last November, so I think it's missing neutral and prestige research.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Sindai posted:

It's more like super high mana regen since it's really refilling your mana completely every second or so.

It's actually going to help you less and less as you advance through the game since post-research you already get pretty high mana regen.

Also that version of the game is from last November, so I think it's missing neutral and prestige research.

It's probably always going to be several versions behind at best. Honestly mana regen wasn't ever something that I felt constricted by, and the pacing/balance of the game is pretty good barring the few "wait a few days" requirements that also aren't regen based.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Figured I would check back in on Clicker Heroes now that it has hit 1.0. Are there any active goon guilds still running?

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
So I just randomly stopped gaining gems in Realm Grinder. I've got about 2.8e25, but when I abdicate, the reset to zero and nothing I do gets them counting up again. I tried googling and the wiki and everything I find for "not gaining gems" has to do with reincarnation. Am I boned? I tried exporting and importing but that didn't do anything.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Target Practice posted:

So I just randomly stopped gaining gems in Realm Grinder. I've got about 2.8e25, but when I abdicate, the reset to zero and nothing I do gets them counting up again. I tried googling and the wiki and everything I find for "not gaining gems" has to do with reincarnation. Am I boned? I tried exporting and importing but that didn't do anything.

you need to make a fair amount of coins before you start gettign gems again.

I think i got my first gem at about e25 coins this game

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Assuming you mean your current gems reset to 0, and you're absolutely sure you didn't reincarnate, I'm curious about what the export parser says about it:

http://generalyouri.github.io/royal-advisory-board/rs/index.html

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

are void maps newish in trimps?

I just got my died 50 times to the same mob.... god these are tough

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Meskhenet posted:

are void maps newish in trimps?

I just got my died 50 times to the same mob.... god these are tough

They give heirlooms they are intended to be done right before you portal out. They've been around for a few months now. They are 400% harder mobs + other bonus to them. You ideally want to figure out where you can do them and either keep pushing after that or far more likely just portal out because everything else is going to just be slow.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

GB_Sign posted:

Figured I would check back in on Clicker Heroes now that it has hit 1.0. Are there any active goon guilds still running?

I haven't played Clicker Heroes in absolute ages, there's guilds in it now? What?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

pixaal posted:

They give heirlooms they are intended to be done right before you portal out. They've been around for a few months now. They are 400% harder mobs + other bonus to them. You ideally want to figure out where you can do them and either keep pushing after that or far more likely just portal out because everything else is going to just be slow.

Ive been getting to about lvl 25 before portaling out. What should i be taking to push further?
ATm i have

Art 3
range 10
bait 2
trumps 2
pheromones 3
packrat 3
motivation 11
power 8
toughness 6
looting 8

Before you had to kill blimps for helium, now it tells me im making 3/hr? is that passive so if i left the run for a day id get another 72?

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Poultron posted:

I haven't played Clicker Heroes in absolute ages, there's guilds in it now? What?

They added them some time last year, the guild fights an "immortal" and everyone contributes damage. Rewards Hero Souls I think.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

looting 8

Before you had to kill blimps for helium, now it tells me im making 3/hr? is that passive so if i left the run for a day id get another 72?

helium still comes from killing blimps. You will also get helium from void maps. The He/hour is just how much you have been averaging from all sources for that run. (Helium earned/Run Time)

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Target Practice posted:

Gems shown on the save/abdicate screen are the gems you'll get when you abdicate. Gems shown in the lower left corner of the overall screen are the gems you actually have (from previous abdications).

Each gem takes a bit more coins than the gem before it, so effectively what this means is that you have to be progressively better and better at making coins to keep making gems. However, stockpiled gems themselves (so long as you buy Gem Power upgrade) will do a hell of a lot to increase your coin income, so for long stretches you can repeat a process of get some gems, abdicate to actually get them, do whatever it is you do for coins, and because of the boost from those gems you just got, get even more coins.

This falls apart at certain gem walls (R0 has a few minor ones, and sometimes you'll get into them near the end of certain reincarnations) where you'll need to go with a longer grind using some method that gets better over time within an abdication, but takes a while to really get going. Alternatively, "do whatever it is you do for coins" might actually not be effective enough - for example, undead are largely garbage before research, so trying to get any meaningful amount of coins/gems out of them is pretty laughable.

In other words, what reincarnation are you, how many gems do you have (your actual/total number in the lower left, by your coins and faction coins), and what are you trying to actually do (faction, spell combo, and bloodline and merc/research build if applicable) to make coins?

Meskhenet posted:

Ive been getting to about lvl 25 before portaling out. What should i be taking to push further?
ATm i have

Art 3
range 10
bait 2
trumps 2
pheromones 3
packrat 3
motivation 11
power 8
toughness 6
looting 8

If at all possible, push to zone 35 (may take a few more portals of gradually increasing the perks you already have), which unlocks a challenge which in turn unlocks the Carpentry perk. For a very long time, this is God Perk, though it's eventually demoted to Demigod Perk.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Is there any reason not to reincarnate as soon as you get the gems to do so, unless there is some specific trophy you are going for, Mathematician, grand balance, etc.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Powercrazy posted:

Is there any reason not to reincarnate as soon as you get the gems to do so, unless there is some specific trophy you are going for, Mathematician, grand balance, etc.

That would be the only reason.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I think you want to roll the dice for any lore artifacts you haven't gotten too since that's usually the point where you can excavate freely, though I'm still pretty early on in RG so idk if you get a better opportunity for those later.

I'm just about done with R16 after finally unlocking all the researches up to 135. At least I can skip the neutral phase next time I reincarnate -- vanilla > vanilla / prestige > merc > vanilla / research shouldn't be too bad for R17.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You can also skip dwarves. VFJ is better. Although the difference isn't nearly as huge as it is with neutrals.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
Sitting at R30 and almost to the research phase, but I'm holding back to grind to five days as Druid to unlock A305. Only about 36 hours left as of this morning, woo. After that I'm planning on going for the rest of the challenges (I think I've got everything Vanilla and Neutral already, just have to work up to Dwarven 4 and Drow 3-4).

This game is the most addictive game. I thought Trimps was super good but the choices you get to make over and over again is incredibly great and even a little inspiring.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

RoboCicero posted:

I think you want to roll the dice for any lore artifacts you haven't gotten too since that's usually the point where you can excavate freely, though I'm still pretty early on in RG so idk if you get a better opportunity for those later.

I'm just about done with R16 after finally unlocking all the researches up to 135. At least I can skip the neutral phase next time I reincarnate -- vanilla > vanilla / prestige > merc > vanilla / research shouldn't be too bad for R17.

Yea I'm doing a straight 36 hour offline thing with drow/necro right now. Once I log back on I'm going to excavate as much as possible then reincarnate.

Also whats the best way to go for the 100 billion faction coins trophy? Delay reincarnation until you get a good number of gems then go goblins? Or is it more effective to try to grind it out with Elves and an auto-clicker?

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
Started clicker heroes again now that it's bascially got a Tier 2 ascend mechanic. I'm slowly catching up to where I was. God that first post transcendence round was brutal though as the bonuses you get don't do anything until you are over level 100 or have some ancients.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Powercrazy posted:

Yea I'm doing a straight 36 hour offline thing with drow/necro right now. Once I log back on I'm going to excavate as much as possible then reincarnate.

Also whats the best way to go for the 100 billion faction coins trophy? Delay reincarnation until you get a good number of gems then go goblins? Or is it more effective to try to grind it out with Elves and an auto-clicker?

Depends on where you're at. If you have prestige research then a droblins casting build will be fastest. For regular research is wager an angel build with high FC/s is the way to go

Poultron
May 26, 2006

So is there a Clicker Heroes guild or not you boners?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Poultron posted:

So is there a Clicker Heroes guild or not you boners?

unless they changed it they limited guilds to 10 people iirc so there's a ton.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I guess they did something with saves at some point because I can't find my save on any site

e: oh nevermind I found it

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

Go for the highest faction coin trophies and the highest assistant trophies as a trivial side effect of going for the highest spells cast trophies. Don't bother going for FC/assistant trophies in a vacuum, you'll get them automatically in the process of going for Archwizard.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

eh, gently caress i, burned 50 Rubies to make a new Clicker Heroes guild. If anyone needs a guild, look for "Late to the Party"

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

GB_Sign posted:

eh, gently caress i, burned 50 Rubies to make a new Clicker Heroes guild. If anyone needs a guild, look for "Late to the Party"

Requested to join, name is FartLord

ImsaKidd fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 14, 2016

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Guys it feels really good to be free of idle games. Kind of refreshing that no interesting new ones have come out lately, I'm sure I would get sucked right in again. But I'm burned out on all the popular ones and I don't miss them a bit.

What I'm saying is, there's hope for you all and light at the end of the tunnel. Just click it a bit to get closer.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

GB_Sign posted:

I'd join this but apparently it's some mid-end game thing and I started a brand new save :ohdear:

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Poultron posted:

I'd join this but apparently it's some mid-end game thing and I started a brand new save :ohdear:

Go ahead and join, I just made it to gently caress around with

Poultron
May 26, 2006

GB_Sign posted:

Go ahead and join, I just made it to gently caress around with

I sent a request, name is Polly.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I sent a request but I don't remember my game name. Might be Hazelia.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/XmmmX99/the-perfect-tower

Also, I found this game and it seems pretty neat and in depth so far.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay

GB_Sign posted:

invite requested as "gan"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
Well here's to many wasted hours... requested as Fisse