Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Spacebump posted:

The music sounds off the whole time. If you didn't play the original, you won't notice.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Worse graphics and awful sound. The GBA version does have some extra levels though.
Jeez, all I have tried was the GBA version. Kind of want to try it for SNES now to see if I think the music is off, or if it is improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Well it's mainly just that the SNES has a better sounds; the same chiptunes running through the weaker GBA sound chip makes it sound a little different.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Where's my e3 sale already

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Indie news from E3:

-no trailer but Stardew Valley is coming to Wii U (and PS4/XB1) at the end of the year!

-Runbow's getting a retail release on Wii U and New 3DS this fall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Xz-LiHJRQ

-Severed is coming to Wii U and 3DS this summer and will have cross-buy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imeyt0c3Ovc

-Axiom Verge, out on Wii U this summer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2frkYLNFrW8

-Jotun; Valhalla Edition, also out on Wii U this summer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZKdD-Vlepo

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

But ninja where is that promised e3 sale?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Isn't it supposed to start tomorrow alongside their first stream? I forget.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It starts tomorrow at around the same time the actual livestream starts.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Alxprit posted:

It starts tomorrow at around the same time the actual livestream starts.

Yeah, the My Nintendo news page for it says that it starts at 11 am PT, and runs til the 21st.

quote:

Nintendo eShop sale: Starting at 11 a.m. PT until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 21, Nintendo is offering discounts on some of its most popular games as a special treat for fans. My Nintendo members who are signed in will also get a special bonus if they buy select games included in the sale. Anyone who hasn’t signed up for My Nintendo yet is encouraged to do so now to avoid the E3 rush. To get the extra discount, My Nintendo members must link their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Network ID and access Nintendo eShop on their device at least once before they make a purchase. The discounted games can be purchased in Nintendo eShop or at e3.nintendo.com. Details about the discounts can also be found at e3.nintendo.com.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Axiom Verge is rad as hell and everyone here should play it, especially if you're pining for a 2D Metroid.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Sarchasm posted:

Axiom Verge is rad as hell and everyone here should play it, especially if you're pining for a 2D Metroid.

This makes me really excited. Tried the PS4 demo at a Gamestop and it left me wanting so much more.

Mortley
Jan 18, 2005

aux tep unt rep uni ovi

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA update (week of June 2):
153 Hand Video Poker - $0.99

Why does this exist and how did none of you think it was worth commenting on?

It plays a song based on whether you win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbfXGyT_vAw

It seems more like a surreal art project than a commercial product. I would definitely play it with a group of people if we were betting quarters on each set of 153 hands - i.e. who can get the "closest without going over" on the number of winning hands.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Two eShop credit sales for you US dudes:

-Target is doing buy one, get one 10% off currency cards until the 18th, in-store only

-Best Buy is doing buy one, get one 20% off currency cards from the 19th to the 25th

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JetpackHowwy posted:

Aside from the voice clips, what are the differences between the two versions?

The GBA sound is really bad but I struggle through it for the love of the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's weird releasing Axiom Verge on a console that has access to 10 different Metroid and castlevania games

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That's not weird, that's called completing the package

Spigs
Jun 5, 2008
Ok So I feel dumb. I logged into my account on my New 3ds but the my account page still says the account isn't linked. Reading online I see there's supposed to be an option to link once you sign in but I don't see anything there. What am I missing?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

It's weird releasing Axiom Verge on a console that has access to 10 different Metroid and castlevania games

And it's worse than all of them

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Spigs posted:

Ok So I feel dumb. I logged into my account on my New 3ds but the my account page still says the account isn't linked. Reading online I see there's supposed to be an option to link once you sign in but I don't see anything there. What am I missing?

Should be in your account settings page.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

And it's worse than all of them

That's why it weird yeah. Like on PS4 you've got nothing to compare it to, but on Wii U there's so many better games in that mold, the competition is way stiffer

Spigs
Jun 5, 2008

Do not even ask posted:

Should be in your account settings page.

Thanks, looked there an realized I didn't have it set so I could access the account from a computer, fixing it now. Wanna make sure I get all those sweet sweet deals.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Every genre needs a Bubsy.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Two eShop credit sales for you US dudes:

-Target is doing buy one, get one 10% off currency cards until the 18th, in-store only

-Best Buy is doing buy one, get one 20% off currency cards from the 19th to the 25th

Are these limited to just eshop?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Every genre needs a Bubsy.

People in this thread got no taste.

Axiom Verge is a better Metroid than most Metroid games.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
NOA E3 sale (until 6/21)

Wii U:

Smash 4 35.09
Wind Waker HD 26.99
Splatoon 40.49
Just Dance 2016 29.99
Fast Racing Neo 11.20
Pokemon Rumble U (?) 9.71 (what kind of sale price is 9.71)
Shante Risky's Revenge 4.99
Minish Cap 4.31
Link to the Past 4.31
Mutant Mudds Super Challenge 6.99
Pokemon Pinball Ruby/Sapphire 4.31
Skylanders SuperChargers 24.99
Kirby Rainbow Curse 21.59
Paper Mario 5.39
Extreme Exorcism 6.49
Typoman 8.99
Lovely Planet 6.99

3DS:

Smash 4 3DS 23.39
Majora's Mask 3D 21.59
Pokemon Battle Trozei 4.31
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 19.99
Terraria 14.99
Zelda Oracle of Ages 3.23
Zelda Oracle of Seasons 3.23
Pokemon Trading Card Game 3.23
Zero Escape VLR 12.99
Mario & Luigi Paper Jam 21.59
Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal 20.99
SMT IV 13.99
Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe (what the gently caress is this) 3.77
Story of Seasons 19.99
Project X Zone 2 19.99
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX 29.99
DBZ Extreme Butoden 14.99

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Patter Song posted:

Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe (what the gently caress is this)

It's a rhythm game starring King Dedede, a royal of Kirby and Super Smash Bros fame.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Patter Song posted:

NOA E3 sale (until 6/21)

garbage sale so I can live with it being US only

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
This is gonna sound weird since I'm usually shilling like a villain for this series, but maybe don't buy Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on sale. The next game in the series comes out in a month, and you almost certainly won't be done with a Monster Hunter game in 1 month unless you are insane.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm buying Rainbow Curse and it's giving me an extra 10% off because I linked my NNID to My Nintendo, it doesn't say what all titles that applies to but I thought I'd mention it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Patter Song posted:

NOA E3 sale (until 6/21)

:what: That's it? Seriously?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

deadly_pudding posted:

This is gonna sound weird since I'm usually shilling like a villain for this series, but maybe don't buy Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on sale. The next game in the series comes out in a month, and you almost certainly won't be done with a Monster Hunter game in 1 month unless you are insane.

You're already insane if you play Monster Hunter soooo

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Katana Gomai posted:

You're already insane if you play Monster Hunter soooo

I have over 100 hours in MH4U and I'm not even to the end of non-DLC content :suicide:
YMMV, of course, I spend a lot of time grinding materials for new armor sets and poo poo.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Manky posted:

I'm buying Rainbow Curse and it's giving me an extra 10% off because I linked my NNID to My Nintendo, it doesn't say what all titles that applies to but I thought I'd mention it.

It applies to all of the titles but i's 10% off the sale price not 10% off the full price. I've been holding off for a sale on Majora's Mask though so I'm happy. Gonna grab that and the Oracle games since I haven't played either of them.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Patter Song posted:

NOA E3 sale (until 6/21)

Are you loving kidding me?

BOO THIS COMPANY

BOOOOOOOO

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

epsilon posted:

Are you loving kidding me?

BOO THIS COMPANY

BOOOOOOOO

I'm gonna buy six games I want at good prices. Oracles, Fast Racing, Paper Jam, Kirby Rainbow Paintbrush, DeDeDeDDD, sale good

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
if anyone doesn't have the oracle games yet you should stop hating yourself and fix that

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Definitely grabbing the Oracles, Paper Jam, and maybe Story of Seasons.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Is FAST racing NEO any good. I have been looking for something to scratch that F-Zero itch.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I guess I'll get my hands on a Zelda and Paper Jam probably.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

There's some serious must-haves on that list if you don't already have them, and you can stack with this sale~

Maybe I can finally get Splatoon, now that I have a job and it's on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
My Nintendo has some extra things for E3. There's a "Sheikah Slate", "Sheikah Eye" and "Z icon" on e3.nintendo.com and clicking on each of them gets you 30 platinum coins each. And there's a secret bonus where if you click on the mii sticking out of the treehouse on the Games page, you get 10 more.