Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

notoriousman posted:

Eh, I don't really see it.

How could a space forklift even hope to compete against a space bulldozer?

THIS GUY GETS IT.

----

Reposting the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer as a courtesy for the new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

I was impressed by this because blowing the window out on a capital ship and watching everything getting blown the gently caress out into space, before launching into a full on zero g battle on the bridge looked more fun than pressing <<USE>> on a big red button.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

SurfaceDetail posted:

Lets think about this from another angle.

Maybe Chris got sent a copy of the trailer and he finally had enough shame to bow out. Not enough to stop the TOS. But baby steps

SurfaceDetail posted:

Like the day after he said "we're gonna blow cod and battlefield out of the water" , Chris got 2 emails in his inbox from his 'friends' working at COD and BF1

and hes been in england ever since

Oh, that puts a new spin on things...

Trololololol

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Plural Abysss posted:

COD just shat all over CIG's face goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_s5EvEzVs

This is brutal.

If Roberts was a mere incompetent and not also a scumbag I would feel sorry for him.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Plural Abysss posted:

drat, it's crazy how slow and awful the FPS part looks after playing Doom and Overwatch for a while. Of course, that's slow and awful for the genre of actual games, meanwhile in children's ball pit Star Citizen is wetting its pants again.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

G0RF posted:

THIS GUY GETS IT.

----

Reposting the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer as a courtesy for the new page.

Chris are you ok.

please respond if you are ok.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

MeLKoR posted:

Came across this and felt I had to share.

These Loss references are getting weirder and weirder

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Dream Is Dead.

gently caress you Roberts. You had your chance. And now you're hosed.

It's safe to say that cig doesn't have the most talented workers in the industry. I have never seen a company dunked on so hard.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't see any fully-fidelitious procedural planets with collectible birds in that MW trailer, you salty asshats!

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Plural Abysss posted:

HELMET HELMET HELMET

drat, I really want to play this game

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I really hope someone at Sony or Activision sends a big funeral wreath to CIG tomorrow with RIP: YOUR DREAMS on it.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Like, there's no reason to even bother with Star Citizen anymore. IW is everything people would want in SQ42, and that one new game with crafting or whatever offers everything Star Citizen has except it looks like they're much further along.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I think at this point CIG is just going to pretend no other video games exist because you would have to be sealed in a concrete box to not see how far they've fallen behind on this in terms of progress and quality compared to so many other things.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Someone add that planetary popcorn smiley.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

skaboomizzy posted:

I really hope someone at Sony or Activision sends a big funeral wreath to CIG tomorrow with RIP: YOUR DREAMS on it.

they love to show all the cool gifts backers give them we could send one for them :getin:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
"This has never been done before".

Yeah, that's why we did it first :smugdog:
-COD

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Ask him why there is a risk? Why? They are more than twice over fully funded, how could there be any risk whatsoever? Unless they promised something that they can't deliver?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
And not only will this cod game actually come out sooner, it will be 60 bucks? How embarrassing backers. People gave thousands for a game that might never come out when games like this were on the way?

How mAny people are on suicide watch right now?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
All that's left is to know how much of this is cutscene and how much is gameplay.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Call of Duty: Infinite :master:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Cutscene

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Gameplay

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

All that's left is to know how much of this is cutscene and how much is gameplay.

That's the killer. I worry that the space fighter combat is largely on-rails. We'll have to see about that.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Plural Abysss posted:

Ha ha ha. Only Rockstar will be able to compete huh Chris? Ya loving moron.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

They basically remade the Star Citizen pitch. LMAO.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, they have anti-gravity grenades. Take that, you loving local physics grid.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm hoping IW learned from bloops and the sort that corridor doing jack poo poo is boring as piss but not holding my breath. I will say though this is the first CoD I'm remotely interested in.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sperglord posted:

That's the killer. I worry that the space fighter combat is largely on-rails. We'll have to see about that.

Even if it is (and I suspect that's the case) the visuals make Squadron 42 look like a joke.

The UI alone is insane. It's seamless, communicates just enough info, and is incredibly intuitive.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

trucutru posted:

Haha, they have anti-gravity grenades. Take that, you loving local physics grid.

Look at the jumping between cover via the grappling hook, that looks like local physics grid to me.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Even if it is (and I suspect that's the case) the visuals make Squadron 42 look like a joke.

The UI alone is insane. It's seamless, communicates just enough info, and is incredibly intuitive.

I think it is the other way around. The space fighter combat is there to sell the game, it is the unique pitch. Of course they'd make it into a full X-Wing style combat.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Anyone link this? Derek linked it on his twitter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJK3sfZVIcM

I assume so since pgabz is the top comment

:eyepop:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

flyboi posted:

I'm hoping IW learned from bloops and the sort that corridor doing jack poo poo is boring as piss but not holding my breath. I will say though this is the first CoD I'm remotely interested in.

I'm obviously interested as well, but I'll definitely be watching to see how the space gameplay goes first.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sperglord posted:

Look at the jumping between cover via the grappling hook, that looks like local physics grid to me.

My point is that their implementation is better.

But, to be honest, it has obvious limitations. Seems like you can only grapple to the objects in the "correct" orientation and once you land you stay like that. So no grappling into that cylindrical booster part and running circles inside it, Mario-Style.

Still a billion times more impressive than SC's "randomly die if you move from on grid to another"

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sperglord posted:

I think it is the other way around. The space fighter combat is there to sell the game, it is the unique pitch. Of course they'd make it into a full X-Wing style combat.

Maybe, but CIG has taught me to avoid wishful thinking. Now if they really shove it up CIG's rear end and release full HOTAS and MKB support for the space part that would be amazing. Doubtful, but amazing.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

i hope they put a drink mix minigame in one of the spaceships in cod

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

FailAtMagic posted:

A wild MoMA appears!

User used Mr.Tophat

Summoning Mr.Tophat!

Mr.Tophat! Mr.Tophat!! Mr.Tophat!!!

And why do I even effort-ragepost?

Back to shitposting, I guess.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

i hope they put a drink mix minigame in one of the spaceships in cod

Ah, the "salty Roberts". Don't forget the Chinese food vending machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I hate Call of Duty and that trailer actually had my nipples hard.

Edit: Provided I can play it with mouse and keyboard. I love the giant laser sight like the AMCAR in Payday 1, ripping off the facemasks to depressurize enemies, and the dude flipping up his shield to spot live targets in zero g so he knew who to not waste bullets on.

The grappling hook and homing grenades were like "Well, it's the future, how would they make war way more awesome and faster?"

• Locked thread