Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Nuebot posted:

That is one fat finch. We get them wild here and they're pretty cute. For some reason they keep trying to adopt flocks of smaller finches even though they're like, twice the size of the other birds so you'll see a cluster of tiny finches hopping around with one huge java sparrow chilling with them. It's great when they all start to land on the same branch though because the big one will make all the little ones tumble off.
I've seen mixed groups like that too, and they remind me of those diverse herds of ostriches, wildebeest, and zebra roaming the African plains. I wonder if it's for the same reasons. :3:

Here's some crappy pictures I took from my parents' backyard like five years ago.
Java sparrow

Chinese ring necked dove

Zebra dove (stupid but rather cute)

Common waxbill

And a common house gecko chilling by their porch light

In terms of geometry, I think a wedge and a sphere are pretty cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Do you like chickens?

Guirac Soudee is sailing around the world with Monique the hen.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36475672

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Kwyndig posted:

More Beans please.

Also more cats in costumes, please and thank you.

More Beans you say? I can deliver.

Beans spends most of his time on the couch or my spot on the bed. This is the look I get when I tell him to scram.

He's got a collection of ties, bowties, and other accouterments.

And this is the look I get when I say 'walk'

Here he is the day we took him home, at about 5 months old. He'd been found with his mother and brother, after having been hit by a car. He had a couple surgeries due to that - his internal organs had been squished and he had a herniated diaphragm. They didn't think he was going to make it but the little guy pulled through and you wouldn't even know he'd been hurt.
Those little spots on his arms are where he got his name - a little girl at the rescue wanted to call him 'Jellybeans' - we shortened it.

He was scared at the adoption event - it was only his second or third time being out after his surgery, so he was hiding under a chair, under the lady that was fostering him. We came by to see a different dog, but Beans came right over and flopped down next to me and gave me this look:

I still get this look when he gets belly rubs.

And the rest is history - he came home with us that day. The 'stay off the couch' rule lasted about 8 minutes. The 'stay off the bed' rule lasted almost 2 weeks. Now he sleeps at the foot of the bed between my wife and I, lazes on the couch to watch TV with us, and gets (mostly) daily runs at the dog park.

He's a good buddy, I like him.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i am normally against ties completely. Beans looks pretty drat dapper in them though

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Ms Boods posted:

Those notches in his ears are from his hell-raising days of keeping all of the other cats away from his territory (all acquired before I knew him). These days, Gus (who is only 5 or 6) protects his garden and our garden - he also watches out for the old rat bag when I take him outside. That is when he's not dancing up behind him and bopping him on the head before dancing away again.

We've just had lunch, and the old numpty is demanding a crisp. All he's going to do is lick off all the salt and then flip the soggy remains into my briefcase AGAIN.

It's so hard to resist the weird demands of old man cattes. "You want the salt from those french fries, but not directly off the fry, only from my finger? Alright buddy."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Busket Posket posted:

It's so hard to resist the weird demands of old man cattes. "You want the salt from those french fries, but not directly off the fry, only from my finger? Alright buddy."

poo poo my old man used to drink whiskey out of my drat glass. Stole a sandwich right out of my hand once. I could only pretend to be mad.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Old cattes? Here's Charlie, all dressed up to watch the Tony Awards with us.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
It's been a heavy 24 hours or so. Can someone lay some cute parrot pictures on me? I'll reciprocate:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Antioch posted:

More Beans you say? I can deliver.

Beans spends most of his time on the couch or my spot on the bed. This is the look I get when I tell him to scram.

He's got a collection of ties, bowties, and other accouterments.

And this is the look I get when I say 'walk'

Here he is the day we took him home, at about 5 months old. He'd been found with his mother and brother, after having been hit by a car. He had a couple surgeries due to that - his internal organs had been squished and he had a herniated diaphragm. They didn't think he was going to make it but the little guy pulled through and you wouldn't even know he'd been hurt.
Those little spots on his arms are where he got his name - a little girl at the rescue wanted to call him 'Jellybeans' - we shortened it.

He was scared at the adoption event - it was only his second or third time being out after his surgery, so he was hiding under a chair, under the lady that was fostering him. We came by to see a different dog, but Beans came right over and flopped down next to me and gave me this look:

I still get this look when he gets belly rubs.

And the rest is history - he came home with us that day. The 'stay off the couch' rule lasted about 8 minutes. The 'stay off the bed' rule lasted almost 2 weeks. Now he sleeps at the foot of the bed between my wife and I, lazes on the couch to watch TV with us, and gets (mostly) daily runs at the dog park.

He's a good buddy, I like him.

This is a good dog story about a good dog :3:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Busket Posket posted:

Yeah...this feline hazard waste site pretty much gets whatever he wants. He doesn't ask for much, really. The main thing he did for me was immediately assume a habit my little cat (called Beans, by the way) always did -- as soon as I got up in the morning, she'd slip into the bathroom, in the dark, this little grey shadow within the shadows (the light is so bright in the bath and hallway, that when I'm up at 4am in the winter, I ninja everywhere in the dark to keep from waking up Mr Boods).

I was completely devastated when she was killed and I still get upset about it, but the next morning was one of my early mornings...and in the dark, in the shadows, this old rat bag slipped into the bathroom to hang out with me. It's been getting on three years, and he's deaf, increasingly senile, and going blind, but every morning, he reports for duty whether I'm up at 4am or sleep in to a decadent 7.

He does not, and never has, breached or even wanted to breach, the bathroom when Mr Boods gets up, even when I'm away on work or whatever.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

BattleMaster posted:

Here's some capybara moms with their children:

Don't talk to me or my son ever again. Feel free to chill with me and my son whenever you want.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

http://i.imgur.com/SjlotqH.webm

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I love Beans, he is a good dog.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

smilingfish posted:

Old cattes? Here's Charlie, all dressed up to watch the Tony Awards with us.

Charlie looking dapper as hell.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Rolo posted:

I love Beans, he is a good dog.

He loves you too. Seriously, this dog has never met a person he doesn't think is amazing.

I didn't even post any good pictures of his ridiculous curly tail. It gets tighter when he's happy and straight when he's not, or when he's sleeping.
It's pretty much always as tightly wound as it can get when we're at the dog park.

And here's one of him reluctantly sharing cuddle time with Cooper, my friend's big drooly idiot dog.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
My mom's pups this last weekend:

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

WampaLord posted:

Charlie looking dapper as hell.

To be fair, he had a girl coming over that night. Our friends who were coming to watch the Tony Awards with us brought their cat, Georgia.

Charlie is not exactly reliable with the ladies.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

smilingfish posted:

Charlie is not exactly reliable with the ladies.

A goon cat indeed. :v:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

http://i.imgur.com/zZle0Sw.gifv

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Just got pics of our new puppy from the breeder, she's the one on the far right :3:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Here are my pets.

Miss Kitty is a saucy girl

And Sierra, she was a Newfoundland lab mix, loved the snow, swimming, and was the best cuddling dog ever. She passed away in march of 2012 and I miss her every day :(

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I finally got a video encoder to do what I wanted, so here are 12 glorious minutes of my cats washing each other

https://youtu.be/E6qldzHiW3o

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Incoming olde catte!

Look at those teef. His name is Manzanita, and he's 20. His girl brought him from Chicago to Phoenix. We were worried about how he would handle it but after a few months of being a scaredy catte he settled in and now spends his days wandering the house, lying in the sun in the backyard and wailing for food from anybody who passes by.

He's skin and bones even though he eats like a horse. He is totally deaf and can't hear the racket he makes, and this leads him to blunder into other cattes who have already issued a growl warning. But he's been good therapy for our two new adoptees who aren't used to other cats yet. Athena went from being freaked out a week ago to finally chillin a bit and I took this last night:

Actual butts touching and both asleep. Manz's "don't care, I'm old" attitude has won her over at last.

Milo the big Maine Coon still has a way to go yet.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
:kimchi: All these old-catte stories are messing with my allergies or something.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I just lost my job. I need your weapons-grade stuff, cute thread...I've been a mess for the last like 8 hours.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Alter Ego posted:

I just lost my job. I need your weapons-grade stuff, cute thread...I've been a mess for the last like 8 hours.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
It's like those are the sloth's baby pictures and the one at the bottom is his high school photo.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApGJpmO70dM

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Weapons-grade highly-enriched capybaras:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A2s70Z_LTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL14-M2g4w8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XurYH-JgFVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o59VcOQeCbM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6d0Y0ObY3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBjgYj1kyM

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I will never stop enjoying the fact that baby capybaras just look like adult capybaras but sized down slightly.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Capybaras evolved features that would give them a strong advantage in a petting zoo environment, millions of years in advance of the existence of petting zoos. That's some smart genes.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Is it too late to post an Olde Catte Mountain? Observe Casey, reclining serenely while I pester her with toys.

Also this, because I won a free custom magnet once and what ELSE was I going to put on it, seriously

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I didn't even realize that civets could be so cute... and to think, people drink coffee those little guys have pooped out.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LuQFp1Lrfo

New Pixar short

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

I didn't even realize that civets could be so cute... and to think, people drink coffee those little guys have pooped out.

What do you think it's being fed? :v:

http://i.imgur.com/tO4MulV.mp4

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZdtZIuVzmE&t=10s

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Sand pipers are the cutest and I love watching them at the beach. Sometimes they just stand under sprinklers and look super grumpy about everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Parasol Prophet posted:

Is it too late to post an Olde Catte Mountain? Observe Casey, reclining serenely while I pester her with toys.

Also this, because I won a free custom magnet once and what ELSE was I going to put on it, seriously

It is never too late for old cats. My big fat man is ten or weekend this year.