Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Oh we're to busy to go to E3 *goes to E3*

Kitsa post:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Inkel posted:

So ideate posted this on discord..

It looks like CIG made it to E3 afterall..
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/742853960927563776

Say didn't Toast say he was going to a meeting?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I would like to remind everybody that this is a MoMA-free zone. So don't be afraid (lol) of posting the most salacious rumors you have about CiG or RSI.

A little bird told me that Ben is loving fat but I've no reddit-approved proof.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

peter gabriel posted:

Are they purposely taking the piss now or what?

It's Sandi, since when has that hag had the brains to make a rational decision.
Watch them try to win this that they were having meetings with AMD

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Such balls. Sandi gives zero fucks. Keep rockin' in the free world Sandi.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Inkel posted:

:pranke:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
CIG is like seeing Joey Essex on television. It has to be a joke, right? No one could be this stupid. This has to be some massive joke to illustrate how stupid gamers are or something.

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

Kitsa post:

o7 catmanndo

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

So, I read the paper, and it isn't that interesting or well-written, the authors are not good English speakers at all. The issue that is being researched is the impact of small particles on the head of a hypersonic vehicle. A rain droplet becomes a nasty impactor when a vehicle is travelling at 5 - 6 km/s, ICBM re-entry speed. I've seen Gun-Tunnel images of the miniature impact craters caused by these droplets on ICBM test articles. In the article, the authors studied the impact rate of particles on hypersonic vehicles over a range of test conditions. What they didn't realize, but discovered, was that particle impact rate is driven by particle response time. From basic fluid flows, gas entering a shock wave is turned and flows around a body. A particle will impact that body only when the particle doesn't respond fast enough to the fluid turn. The particle response is a function of: particle mass (increases response time) and fluid density (decreases response time). Lastly, a smaller nose radius will decrease impact, because the particle has a greater time to turn. The authors basically rediscovered particle response time behavior without realizing it.

The most interesting talk was a presentation from ONERA about the conceptual design of an Anti-Drone Drone. This research is motivated by the increased used of hobby drones, which can be repurposed into a terrorist attack method. The French team investigated using a drone, equipped with a net and a radio jammer, to intercept an incoming quad-copter. The talk was less interesting for what they did, which was to run simulations on different threat scenarios and drone response, than for the overall problem. The French team wants to build a fully autonomous interceptor drone, to supplement a ground based detection system. The autonomous system has to respond in under three minutes and be able to intercept everything from a hobbyist flying near-by to a Quadcopter making a bee-line for a target. Present quadcopter technology wasn't enough to stop a drone making a high-speed (28 m/s) run to the target. Worse, as a questioner noted, hobbyists are building faster and faster drones. I expect to see a serious effort to build a high-speed interceptor Anti-Drone Drone in the near future.k

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Inkel posted:

bakers paid for the trip/tickets so who cares!!!!!!!!!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

peter gabriel posted:

I want to believe
so do i, pgabz. so do i

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Sandi going to E3 isn't that big of a surprise, when you understand the mentality behind the players at CIG. When a small-time company has a CEO who thinks he's big-time poo poo, you see this type of behavior. Eschewing the popular venues of the "commoners" while making sure you're very visible in a more subtle way. Meetings, drinks after hours, etc. giving the illusion that you're so important that not only do you not need to show anything on the showroom floor with the rest of the publishing plebes, but you in fact have "connections" and are making behind the scenes deals and poo poo, acting as the very bedrock of the industry.

She made absolutely loving sure to say "afternoon meetings" and carefully framed that picture so that E3 was prominently displayed. This is internet-popularity-contest level psychology that lines up 100% with Sandra's stupidity in that area.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Inkel posted:

what an idiot

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Some poor COD rep gonna wake up confused and alone. He'll pat himself down and find he's okay, and won't realize what happened until he goes to take a piss.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Inkel posted:

"Hey guys what's that chicken?"
"GOD MOM ITS A CHOCOBO. It's been a thing for decades now. At least stop telling everyone you are a gamer"

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Sandi going to E3 isn't that big of a surprise, when you understand the mentality behind the players at CIG. When a small-time company has a CEO who thinks he's big-time poo poo, you see this type of behavior. Eschewing the popular venues of the "commoners" while making sure you're very visible in a more subtle way. Meetings, drinks after hours, etc. giving the illusion that you're so important that not only do you not need to show anything on the showroom floor with the rest of the publishing plebes, but you in fact have "connections" and are making behind the scenes deals and poo poo, acting as the very bedrock of the industry.

She made absolutely loving sure to say "afternoon meetings" and carefully framed that picture so that E3 was prominently displayed. This is internet-popularity-contest level psychology that lines up 100% with Sandra's stupidity in that area.

If you look at a lot of CIG's behavior, much of it is driven to give the illusion of success and importance. The cons, the lavishly decorated offices, this is the trapping of a con. He looks successful, so people think he is successful and give him money. Established companies with a proven track-record don't need to do that.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kakarot posted:

bakers paid for the trip/tickets so who cares!!!!!!!!!

The Roberts' have a finger on every pie.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Inkel posted:

this is such poor form

your excuse was that everyone was too busy to give a ten minute talk and a video. No one really buys it but you dont loving show up to hang out.

Its insulting because it sends the message you think everyone there is too small to bother lying to correctly. A bunch of bridges have been burned today.

SurfaceDetail fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 15, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys we are TO busy to go to E3, but it doesn't mean we are TO busy at a certain moment in time. We are TO busy at other times, to counter the time at E3, now sign this TOS.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Paramemetic posted:

Some poor COD rep gonna wake up confused and alone. He'll pat himself down and find he's okay, and won't realize what happened until he goes to take a piss.

The Pubisher

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Someone with twitter should call that garbage out.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

what an idiot

Agreed.

They turn down, no, they snub a free spot and some free publicity, by all accounts (AMD Letter, rings true to me) CR made himself look like a totally unhinged fucktard doing so, then after much annoyance/laughter (depends on fence side) their Vice President of Marketting goes anyway for jollies? The balls on these guys, the sheer lunacy of it all, "no fucks given" doesn't even begin to describe it.

Do these people have issues with reality? Dysfunctional doesn't seem strong enough word to use, I think this whole thing is clearly a case of "the money went to their heads". I'm positive now that whatever happens, no matter the outcome, many pychologists/pychiatrists will study this entire sorry chain of events and come to the conclusion that the management are all door frame chewers.

I don't even... Can't even... It's just... naaaaarrrrrrgggghhh.

:stonklol: :psypop:

Or of course she just went there to spy on other companies. My Grandmother doesn't know how to open internet live streams either :)

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 15, 2016

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Sperglord posted:

So, I read the paper, and it isn't that interesting or well-written, the authors are not good English speakers at all. The issue that is being researched is the impact of small particles on the head of a hypersonic vehicle. A rain droplet becomes a nasty impactor when a vehicle is travelling at 5 - 6 km/s, ICBM re-entry speed. I've seen Gun-Tunnel images of the miniature impact craters caused by these droplets on ICBM test articles. In the article, the authors studied the impact rate of particles on hypersonic vehicles over a range of test conditions. What they didn't realize, but discovered, was that particle impact rate is driven by particle response time. From basic fluid flows, gas entering a shock wave is turned and flows around a body. A particle will impact that body only when the particle doesn't respond fast enough to the fluid turn. The particle response is a function of: particle mass (increases response time) and fluid density (decreases response time). Lastly, a smaller nose radius will decrease impact, because the particle has a greater time to turn. The authors basically rediscovered particle response time behavior without realizing it.

The most interesting talk was a presentation from ONERA about the conceptual design of an Anti-Drone Drone. This research is motivated by the increased used of hobby drones, which can be repurposed into a terrorist attack method. The French team investigated using a drone, equipped with a net and a radio jammer, to intercept an incoming quad-copter. The talk was less interesting for what they did, which was to run simulations on different threat scenarios and drone response, than for the overall problem. The French team wants to build a fully autonomous interceptor drone, to supplement a ground based detection system. The autonomous system has to respond in under three minutes and be able to intercept everything from a hobbyist flying near-by to a Quadcopter making a bee-line for a target. Present quadcopter technology wasn't enough to stop a drone making a high-speed (28 m/s) run to the target. Worse, as a questioner noted, hobbyists are building faster and faster drones. I expect to see a serious effort to build a high-speed interceptor Anti-Drone Drone in the near future.k
I'm actually starting to get into fpv drone racing. It's really crazy how fast these things go (125 mph). The tech is really cool too, you put on VR goggles and it's like you're pod racing I'll..minus the dying horribly in a fire part.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

Agreed.

They turn down, no, they snub a free spot and some free publicity, by all accounts (AMD Letter, rings true to me) CR made himself look like a totally unhinged fucktard doing so, then after much annoyance/laughter (depends on fence side) their Vice President of Marketting goes anyway for jollies? The balls on these guys, the sheer lunacy of it all, "no fucks given" doesn't even begin to describe it.

Do these people have issues with reality? Dysfunctional doesn't seem strong enough word to use, I think this whole thing is clearly a case of "the money went to their heads". I'm positive now that whatever happens, no matter the outcome, many pychologists/pychiatrists will study this entire sorry chain of events and come to the conclusion that the management are all door frame chewers.

I don't even... Can't even... It's just... naaaaarrrrrrgggghhh.

:stonklol: :psypop:

It's simply ego. Chris thinks he so important that sure, he'll make a showing at E3, but on his terms, not anyone else's. "Show some of my game? gently caress you - who do you think you are? Do you know who I am? I'm Chris Roberts! I don't owe anyone an explanation! I'm sending my VP of Marketing to E3 for big important meetings that will involve things well beyond anyone else's understanding. Except maybe Rockstar."

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Meridian posted:

Someone with twitter should call that garbage out.

I put a lol post on her twitter. Hope it triggers her.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Goobs posted:

Ask if her meeting was an interview with Infinity Ward.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Kitsa post:

my eyes are leaky <3

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm hoping drone racing advances to the point where we can have Wipeout.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Goobs posted:

I think someone should be direct so the people watching from home will understand.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Sperglord posted:

Anyone want to hear a summary of the Aerospace talks I attended today? Here are the topics, I can give a condensed version any one of interest.

New Mathematically Consistent Turbulence Modeling Formalism

I know quite a few people who would love to hear more about this. Is it gaseous only or will it cover liquid?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I replied and asked when CIG's presentation is.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

It's simply ego. Chris thinks he so important that sure, he'll make a showing at E3, but on his terms, not anyone else's. "Show some of my game? gently caress you - who do you think you are? Do you know who I am? I'm Chris Roberts! I don't owe anyone an explanation! I'm sending my VP of Marketing to E3 for big important meetings that will involve things well beyond anyone else's understanding. Except maybe Rockstar."

Haha, you're probably onto something there :)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Someone link it to the AMD twitter.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Goobs posted:

my eyes are leaky <3

Dude, Goobs, for real the hardest thing I've ever done was putting my cat down. He was a complete rear end in a top hat generally and we didn't realize for a long time it was because he was diabetic. He'd go through periods of being super sick, not wanting to be touched and biting the gently caress out of you if you did anyway, but he was the coolest cat I've ever met. Almost human smart. Of course when the people came to our house (didn't know they did that) to give him the shot and put him down in a familiar environment he completely rallied and was acting like a kitten again. Felt like I was betraying him, making him get that shot. There was a lot of ugly crying afterward for sure.

Pointy
Feb 12, 2003

hello old friend
It won't be much longer until Sandi tweets something like this:

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Meridian posted:

Dude, Goobs, for real the hardest thing I've ever done was putting my cat down. He was a complete rear end in a top hat generally and we didn't realize for a long time it was because he was diabetic. He'd go through periods of being super sick, not wanting to be touched and biting the gently caress out of you if you did anyway, but he was the coolest cat I've ever met. Almost human smart. Of course when the people came to our house (didn't know they did that) to give him the shot and put him down in a familiar environment he completely rallied and was acting like a kitten again. Felt like I was betraying him, making him get that shot. There was a lot of ugly crying afterward for sure.

Kitsa had diabetes too but then reverted back after a severe diet change but I think near the end lately he reverted back. He had a laundry list of problems but he was spoiled rotten.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

"Meetings" at E3. CIG buyout imminent.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I don't get it, don't you have to be a game developer or journalist to get into E3? How did this C-list actress get in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The thing I'm taking from this latest revelation (they happening by the hour now?) is that CIG did attend E3, but had nothing to show.

Nothing. :grin:

• Locked thread