Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

This attack by a white male shouting "Britain first" has all the hallmarks of a mosslim attack

i dunno the BF facebook makes a lot of sense tbh

"Shot and stabbed but no mention of who did it...? Notice they say muslim came to help her, so was she in a sharia loving area? Hmmm..."

mosslims r getin smarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

He's saying his coworker said it when he got to work.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

one of the eyewitnesses said he and his mate went looking for the attacker after in his car hahaha

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

happyhippy posted:

It means he was stuck in traffic. He then says "Apparently the guy who did it shouted 'Britain first' and if I had been there I would have tackled him."

So hes a second hand witness, not first hand.

And in between those quotes he said "everyone on the street thinks I did it."

quote:

Another witness has claimed the gunman was heard shouting Britain First.

Aamir Tahir, of The Dry Clean Centre, said: "The lady I work with heard two loud bangs but I wasn't there, I was stuck in traffic at the time.

"I wish I was there because I would have tried to stop him. The whole street thinks it was me but it wasn't.

"Apparently the guy who did it shouted 'Britain first' and if I had been there I would have tackled him."

That's probably why he emphasized that he wasn't there. Unless I'm misreading his meaning.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i'd ask why our lovely police who go as far as to send undercover officers to infiltrate bicycle groups weren't stomping up and down all over these people the second they arranged their bullshit paramilitary course but the answer to that's pretty obvious and scary

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

bf fb page posted:

All the hallmarks of moslime style attack .this is it ladies and gents....and don't think that the football violence in france is unconnected all evidence points that IS refugees have been getting amongst fans and being catalysts...

Well anybody can say Britians forst just as you have done you dont have to be a supporter to shout it...clearly it is not as Britains first remit is to rid Britian of radical oslam NOT Labour MPs ....you schhhhmuck

lmao

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Cameron says hes cancelling his trip to Gibraltar too, though I don't know why he was bothering anyway since its 80% remain.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

imagine being the copper who gets sent undercover with britain first its blatantly a loving circus

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

loving lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I think I'd rather wait to hear more details about the suspect before leaping on the 'Britain First did it' bandwagon, but it would be certainly something if this were the case. Would they be the first group of their kind since Combat 18 to be made illegal? I know one of Anjem Choudhary's groups was more recently.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Do you think it's the usual suspects? (Of course it is)

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

Tesseraction posted:

I think I'd rather wait to hear more details about the suspect before leaping on the 'Britain First did it' bandwagon, but it would be certainly something if this were the case.[/b]

How would it be something?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rakosi posted:

See the following sentence.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rakosi posted:

...because of the reasons they outlined in literally the next sentence?

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried

Phoon posted:

imagine being the copper who gets sent undercover with britain first its blatantly a loving circus

Be tricky for a copper to infiltrate a fash group. All their mates would recognise them.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

I got the next sentence, but the next sentence implied criminalizing an ideology for the actions of individuals and I thought that wasn't okay in D&D. So I just wanted you to expand on that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
is it still infiltration if you were already a member?

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/16/labour-mp-jo-cox-shot-in-leeds-witnesses-report/

quote:

A man who runs a nearby cafe said he believed the gunman shot MP Jo Cox three times - including once in "the head area" - before stabbing her multiple times with a "foot-long knife".

Clarke Rothwell said that, as the man stabbed Mrs Cox, he shouted: "Britain First, Britain First, Britain First."

He said: "Three times she was shot, the initial time which then she dropped to the floor and two more times.

"The third time he got close proximity he shot her round the head area."

He added: "In the meantime he was stabbing her as well, he was stabbing her with his knife."

Mr Rothwell said there was blood everywhere at the scene.

Asked if he thought Ms Cox had intervened in a dispute he said he understood the altercation was "always between the guy carrying the gun and the lady that got shot".

Mr Rothwell added: "He was stabbing her with a footlong knife multiple times while shouting Britain First, Britain First, Britain First."

There's an update after this with images of the attacker with a head wound.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Stop trying to troll the thread, we're used to the masters not this poo poo

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Rakosi posted:

I got the next sentence, but the next sentence implied criminalizing an ideology for the actions of individuals and I thought that wasn't okay in D&D. So I just wanted you to expand on that.

britain first is an organisation, not an ideology

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Blacknose posted:

Be tricky for a copper to infiltrate a fash group. All their mates would recognise them.
:golfclap:

Rakosi posted:

"Depriving fascists of their freedom of speech is fascism" is liberalism.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Rakosi posted:

yes the last thing we want to do is criminalise a bunch of fascists however will i loving sleep at night

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Von Sloneker posted:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/16/labour-mp-jo-cox-shot-in-leeds-witnesses-report/

Odds of her making it have got to be slim if that eye witness report is correct.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Von Sloneker posted:

loving hell. This country is going insane.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

looks like The Telegraph have a named witness for the 'britain first' calling, such a brutal and senseless attack, super hosed up

edit: guardian have named witness as well

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

:golfclap:

"Depriving fascists of their freedom of speech is fascism" is liberalism.

I get what you're saying, but that's an amusingly convoluted sentence.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

It's an amusingly convoluted thought

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

holy poo poo at the press association write up on jo cox

Press Association posted:

In Parliament for little over a year, Jo Cox has already carved out a reputation as a plain speaker and solid operator.

Relatively young by political standards, Cox is due to celebrate her 42nd birthday next Wednesday, and has been spoken of as a future minister.

Cox is a Remain supporter in the referendum and both official campaigns have suspended their operations as a mark of respect following the attack on her.

The MP for Batley and Spen, who is married with two children, graduated from Cambridge University in 1995 and went on to be head of policy for Oxfam, and work as an adviser for former Labour prime minister Gordon Brown’s wife, Sarah, and Baroness Kinnock.

Cox has been a vocal advocate for the victims of the Syrian civil war and is chairwoman of the All Party Parliamentary Friends of Syria group.

The MP abstained in last autumn’s contentious vote on allowing British military action in Syria, insisting a more wide-ranging attempt at a solution to the conflict was needed.

Chair of the Labour Women’s Network, Cox nominated Jeremy Corbyn for the Labour leadership contest last year, but voted for Blairite candidate Liz Kendall in the end.

Cox later said she regretted helping Corbyn get on the ballot paper, and pulled no punches after Labour’s poor performance in last month’s local and Scottish elections.

As the disappointing results rolled-in, Cox told the BBC: “Jeremy needs to personally recognise that this isn’t good enough.

“He needs to take responsibility, he needs to set out a route map to power in 2020, and let’s rally first and foremost around the EU referendum.

“We need to look very hard at what’s gone wrong in the last eight months and put it right.”

Asked if she expected a leadership challenge, Cox said: “Nobody is talking about that now and I don’t think it is the right course of action, but the clock is ticking.”

Cox was also an advisor to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and to anti-slavery campaign group The Freedom Fund before entering parliament.

Despite growing up in the area, Tories attempted to paint Ms Cox as a candidate “parachuted” into Batley and Spen during the 2015 contest because she and her family’s London home was a converted barge moored near Tower Bridge.

But Labour insisted the Tories suffered from “candidate envy” as Cox was registered to vote in the constituency and would divide her time between West Yorkshire and the capital if elected.

Cox secured a majority of 6,057 in the general election, and fellow Labour MP John Mann remarked: “She is one of the stars of the new intake.”

about a third of the thing is about how poo poo she thinks Corbyn is

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Rakosi posted:

It's an amusingly convoluted thought

Yes, the one you advocated is

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

Now Wales is gonna want a referendum, ffs.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

CoolCab posted:

Not known. If the reports are true and she was shot and or stamped on while on the ground, Christ almighty, she was a single loving mom ugh.
She's married to Brendan Cox who was/is a Gordon Brown SPAD, fwiw.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Von Sloneker posted:

Not sure that's the attacker; no cuffs and only two officers with him when there's half a dozen stood down the road? Could be the guy that intervened and got injured. I always assumed the policy on these things was to go in, pile on everyone until they stop moving, and then sort out the attackers afterwards once they're sure there's no hidden guns or explosives hanging around.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Von Sloneker posted:

I doubt the guy in the pictures is the attacker, he's completely unrestrained.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I know people think Cameron doesn't post his own tweets, but if it's someone else they do a masterful impression

https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/status/743450434224939008

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
This is allegedly a Britain First press release from a few weeks back. Apparently it comes from a website registered to "Britain First", not that that proves anything.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I don't think C18 actually are proscribed

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Zephro posted:

This is allegedly a Britain First press release from a few weeks back. Apparently it comes from a website registered to "Britain First", not that that proves anything.

MOHAMMED Altaf-Khan (mayor of Oxford) is a different person to Mohammed Altaf-Khan. It's illegal to use a legal name.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

holy poo poo at the press association write up on jo cox

about a third of the thing is about how poo poo she thinks Corbyn is

This combined with the "MP's worry this is about Syria" thing make me think that they're desperate to try to blame this on the left wing rather than the right wing fascists that they've been trying to court.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Wrong thread there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

More heartfelt statements

quote:

Jayda Fransen, deputy leader of Britain First, said the party was “looking into the reports right now”.

“We were extremely shocked to see these reports and we are keen to confirm them, because of course at the moment it is hearsay,” she said. “This has just been bought to our attention. This is absolutely not the kind of behaviour we would condone.”

down with this sort of thing

• Locked thread