Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

So does any other toon even come close to rey's damage with omega?

Nope. No one does as much damage as Rey without her Omegas, and them with omegas. GS and QGJ come close because of their call attacks, and Leia can put out a lot if she triple shots. However, for consistent, turn to turn damage, nobody beats Rey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

cowofwar posted:

So does any other toon even come close to rey's damage with omega?

No. Not even close. Unless you count specials like QGJ assist.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Are you talking about her specials or basic attack? I've done 19k with greedo-led greedo basic (no Offense Up), 16k with Lando-led Greedo, but Rey is faster and has Foresight and is complete bullshit. I think the most I've seen Rey do is about 20k with offense up from Dooku leader but I may not be facing max gear Reys.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
this is my collection: https://swgoh.gg/u/herux/collection/

I recently got rey and opened up dark side far enough to have 2 nodes to farm her. Should i continue beefing her up? Any other tips for me? Also my shard seems kinda easy...I have been floating in the top100 while consistently 3-4character levels behind most of my opponents even though I generally spend 200 shards on refreshing energy. I have hit the wall of not enough credits/droids to keep my characters maxed but have most of my gear up there(sans rey she is only G7)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

kaschei posted:

Are you talking about her specials or basic attack? I've done 19k with greedo-led greedo basic (no Offense Up), 16k with Lando-led Greedo, but Rey is faster and has Foresight and is complete bullshit. I think the most I've seen Rey do is about 20k with offense up from Dooku leader but I may not be facing max gear Reys.

I've gotten more than 25k from her 3rd attack with off up, and I think I've seen her basic crit for about 15k with off up. Also, the computer isn't complete poo poo with her on defense (like trying to use detonators with Greedo...), so that helps.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Greedo's detonators aren't bad if you have an AoE team (IG-88 and/or Lando pair well). They do %hp damage and he has decent potency to make them land.

If you aren't doing significant aoe damage otherwise yeah it's a waste of a turn.

I should check if detonators crit if they go off when Greedo has advantage.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
In an effort to help plan for an eventual T7 raid, I've added a column for 7 Star Teams. Put in the number of five man teams of 7* characters you can field. Maybe count one more if you have four leftovers.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

In an effort to help plan for an eventual T7 raid, I've added a column for 7 Star Teams. Put in the number of five man teams of 7* characters you can field. Maybe count one more if you have four leftovers.

Done, can field 3 solid teams and 1 comedy option team of like 6 or 7 useless 7* guys like Sid, Daka, JC etc

Honestly I don't think we're close to T7 yet, we can't get over the two-refresh hump of T6 and right now if we try it's gonna be 15 people dealing damage and us petering out in like p3 or so, or limping into p4 and getting mauled. I don't mind spending the guild coins to try anyway and see how we do but I don't have my hopes up. Another factor is how close Tag is to 7*ing his Rex (not kidding, will make a big difference if he can take a big % out of p1 for us)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Should I get Barriss to 6 or 7*, Old Ben to 6 or 7*, or start working on a Lando for my future Rebel team in Cantina? For the record I have had GW on auto battle since I got Barriss at 4*, so really raising her would only be to eventually do the Yoda fights (and that's not a big concern for me atm). Old Ben is my current arena leader but I am not sure if giving him more stars and levels is that great since I actually don't want him to have more health. Also I think I will be jumping to Rebels in the arena eventually anyway.

I currently have a fairly beefy 6* ST Han at 72, a babby Leia who is only 2* at the moment but getting all of my shipments, a somewhat abbby Ackbar at 4* with gear level 7, and a gear level 8 Luke I've ignored for a long time but who's 6* and only level 58 probably. I would like HRS for the team but QGJ to 7* is a bit more of a priority, do y'all think an AA (L) Leia, ST Han, Luke, Lando arena team would be viable?

I guess ignoring all of that poo poo I don't know if I should keep farming this Barriss since she seems fine until I start working on trying to get the Yoda poo poo done, and I am not sure starring up Old Ben will do me a ton of work. But I also don't want to farm up Lando if he's useless, when I could start working on Chirpa or something.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I say we try t7 next and see how it goes.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Doing t7 would be a waste of points and time.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

I've gotten more than 25k from her 3rd attack with off up, and I think I've seen her basic crit for about 15k with off up. Also, the computer isn't complete poo poo with her on defense (like trying to use detonators with Greedo...), so that helps.

Yeah at 76 6* g9 I have seen her critical for those kinds of numbers. 88 lead makes her just delete people. I can't wait to see what she can do with a omega leader bobba.

As a middle of the pack guy in igd I can only field 1.5 teams at 7*, most of mine have been spread out getting a good line up of 6 star guys. But I have no issue giving a harder one a try.

Now on to the praise of the Jawa engineer, mine had a 5 stack critical for 100k damage on savage op in the challenge. Tab has hers at 6* and had a triple stack did just shy of 60k crit to the rancor. Seriously get him he does stupid amounts of damage with stacked detonators. Also I omegaed Barris basic because she always gets the assist while ray has to wait her turn.(it's eh, if she is your gw staple it's nice but has no value anywhere else)

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

cowofwar posted:

Doing t7 would be a waste of points and time.

Why? The bosses have 70% less HP, we have plenty of people with 7* squads ready and 2 or 3 people who can solo P1.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 17, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Why? The bosses have 70% less HP, we have plenty of people with 7* squads ready and 2 or 3 people who can solo P1.

Yeah, I do think we are very close, maybe in another week or two?

So in other words, if you don't have any 7*s, try to get one in the next couple weeks so you can at least participate. If you've been focusing on 6*s, try to get a couple more to 7* so you can contribute to the damage.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

oops wrong forum posted:

Another factor is how close Tag is to 7*ing his Rex (not kidding, will make a big difference if he can take a big % out of p1 for us)

I'm still 14 shards away from 7*.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Mr. Neutron posted:

We need a solid number of 7* squads, not one or two undergeared ones from each person. I only have 19 7* with one squad geared above G8.

Failing tier 7 costs gear and 3 days, why push it? We all still need the gear we're getting.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I don't know which guild is considering 7* raids, but I'm in Goongan and have 5* and 4* characters. Looking forward to getting a 7* character.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

I don't know which guild is considering 7* raids, but I'm in Goongan and have 5* and 4* characters. Looking forward to getting a 7* character.

IGD.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
I just applied on the google docs thing and added a bunch of allies so ....

My star wars name is Buda kin Rubarik and I look forward to mutilating pixels with you all.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

cowofwar posted:

We need a solid number of 7* squads, not one or two undergeared ones from each person. I only have 19 7* with one squad geared above G8.

Failing tier 7 costs gear and 3 days, why push it? We all still need the gear we're getting.

Well, the one thing we haven't mentioned is if we DO stall out, we could always get some mercs to come in and finish it off for us. Mal would probably have to arrange it, but since we'd know very quickly how things went, we'd have enough time to bring in ringers to finish it :)

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
OK so I found a odd bug. I know it is a bug because it's random as gently caress. Two nights ago in the middle of my galactic war I popped out and did a omega upgrade on Rey. When I jumped back in she had full protection and health. I tried it again with qgj and his basic omega and it gave him full protection and health. I did it again tonight with some non omega upgrades and it worked on 1 out of 4. But the kicker is at mals* suggestion I got some people killed really early. So these last 4 were all dead and it brought one back to life at full health and protection.

I am going to test a bit more on a different installation to see if something is just buggy in my install.

* or raven

xyigx fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 18, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Slothgate posted:

I just applied on the google docs thing and added a bunch of allies so ....

My star wars name is Buda kin Rubarik and I look forward to mutilating pixels with you all.

We've got a couple Inactives in IGD, send me a friend request.

I'm making some edits to the OP -- not too much has changed, but I figured I'd mention some things. One thing I've wondered -- with the energy bonuses, I get those at 1pm, 7pm, and 10pm (Pacific time). Are those set to local time, or are they at the same time for everyone?

Touched up the OP a bit. Nothing too big, mostly to do with Leia and Arena updates. If anyone is in a super Whale shard, I'm curious what top arena comps are like. Mine are still mostly one of: Old Ben, STH, RG, Rey, QGJ, or Phasma, RG, Rey, QGJ, Daka/GS.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 18, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

We've got a couple Inactives in IGD, send me a friend request.

I'm making some edits to the OP -- not too much has changed, but I figured I'd mention some things. One thing I've wondered -- with the energy bonuses, I get those at 1pm, 7pm, and 10pm (Pacific time). Are those set to local time, or are they at the same time for everyone?

I get those at 1PM, 7PM and 10PM too. But in GMT. So local time.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
We should maybe try to organize the 3 goon guilds to put all the guys with t7 teams in one guild. As for good t6 (or t5) p1 teams, I have been running teebo, qgj, Rey, phasma, ewok elder. I have Rey maxed out, but teebo is still missing one last scanner to get to 80% potency. That team is good enough for 1.8 mil or so damage in p1, and I just tried it in p4 and did 680k or so. Maxing out teebo would push that up a lot (or if they ever fix him so his leader skill stops dropping him out of stealth early from his special). I did this without phasma even level 80, and she wasn't geared up that much, but having her slow as well as emergency TM boost is super useful. She is a lot easier to farm than ewok scout or RG too, so probably a good team for folks to shoot for

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

We should maybe try to organize the 3 goon guilds to put all the guys with t7 teams in one guild. As for good t6 (or t5) p1 teams, I have been running teebo, qgj, Rey, phasma, ewok elder. I have Rey maxed out, but teebo is still missing one last scanner to get to 80% potency. That team is good enough for 1.8 mil or so damage in p1, and I just tried it in p4 and did 680k or so. Maxing out teebo would push that up a lot (or if they ever fix him so his leader skill stops dropping him out of stealth early from his special). I did this without phasma even level 80, and she wasn't geared up that much, but having her slow as well as emergency TM boost is super useful. She is a lot easier to farm than ewok scout or RG too, so probably a good team for folks to shoot for

Too much work -- and I'm not big on kicking out people that are active. They'll get there and then you'll still have an active person maybe, plus they'll have saved up some raid gear in advance.

I've tried that team comp and not had as much success -- maybe just bad rng. However, I find Phasma is pretty absurdly good for P2/P3 (everyone gets an extra hit on a downed Rancor -- plus def down), so I like to save her for that anyways, with Rey for extra oomph. I just need to finish out a Stun Gun and I'll have Teebo at G10, letting me boost his potency, really looking forward to it. I think that'll make P4 a lot more bearable. I still haven't upgraded Teebo's basic with omega; I've been keeping track of the times where it would have made a difference, and it seems to be enough that it's worth it, but probably not before key skills for your Arena team (and maybe GW abilities like Barriss' leader).

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
FWIW we have maybe 3 to 5 people in QGJ who could field an actual capable T7 team and who knows about Goongan Army. Personally I think it's better to spread the wealth for high level dudes so that we can bring up more low level goons faster.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Jibo posted:

FWIW we have maybe 3 to 5 people in QGJ who could field an actual capable T7 team and who knows about Goongan Army. Personally I think it's better to spread the wealth for high level dudes so that we can bring up more low level goons faster.

We're probably in about the same position. If people want to leave and reorganize I can't really stop them but I'm not really into it. Things are chill enough I don't really have time to min max this bitch

e: I also got a couple of notifications over the past couple days about Jedi booster packs for the aayla secura event but nothing showed up. Is this actually a thing I want to know how lovely it is

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

xyigx posted:

Now on to the praise of the Jawa engineer, mine had a 5 stack critical for 100k damage on savage op in the challenge. Tab has hers at 6* and had a triple stack did just shy of 60k crit to the rancor. Seriously get him he does stupid amounts of damage with stacked detonators. Also I omegaed Barris basic because she always gets the assist while ray has to wait her turn.(it's eh, if she is your gw staple it's nice but has no value anywhere else)

Yeah I love that little freak. My only issue is that him and Poggle get the droids so juiced up that the other team usually dies before the detonators get a chance to go off. It's a bit weird to make them trigger after 1 turn, especially on slow guys like chewie. I'd like to change them to trigger on the coming turn but maybe that's OP.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

Yeah I love that little freak. My only issue is that him and Poggle get the droids so juiced up that the other team usually dies before the detonators get a chance to go off. It's a bit weird to make them trigger after 1 turn, especially on slow guys like chewie. I'd like to change them to trigger on the coming turn but maybe that's OP.

Yeah I just stack them on whoever I don't want to have the hassle.of killing and by the time I would need to jobs done. Like I will stack their lumi if they have one while busting down the dps. They have a rg no problem just keep stacking on him. Takes a 4 stack critical to blow him from full to dead. He is going on rancor duty soon as he hits 6*.

My rancor main team needs a couple to hit 7 before I could say I have a good team. But I can field a OK one i think. Right now my starter team is phasma (l), qgj, Geo, Biggs and Rey. Rey Geo and Biggs need one more star. Though I am looking for a new assist caller with something good on the basic.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Sometimes I'm too lazy to switch targets but it's probably more effective to spread the love, especially if you have IG-88 in your team since he gets a bonus for every dude with a red square.

I use Engi on my main Rancor team but one weird thing is that if you stack the detonators on him when he's stuck under the door, the stack seems to disappear after the door opens.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

I use Engi on my main Rancor team but one weird thing is that if you stack the detonators on him when he's stuck under the door, the stack seems to disappear after the door opens.

Rancor clears all debuffs when door goes up.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Figured as much. It's such a waste of 3-4 detonators, and there's not much else the Engi can do. Maybe they should make it so the second detonator should trigger the first.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Rancor clears all debuffs when door goes up.

he doesn't clear Damage over Time.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I went through IGD's roster in game and updated the spreadsheet with a guess as to how many 7* teams people could field in a T7. One oddity is a dude named j6 in guild, and I couldn't find starret though he is on the spreadsheet. Did he rename himself?

bdwvdc
Dec 2, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Starret quit the guild and was replaced by J6.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

two_step posted:

As for good t6 (or t5) p1 teams, I have been running teebo, qgj, Rey, phasma, ewok elder. I have Rey maxed out, but teebo is still missing one last scanner to get to 80% potency. That team is good enough for 1.8 mil or so damage in p1, and I just tried it in p4 and did 680k or so. Maxing out teebo would push that up a lot (or if they ever fix him so his leader skill stops dropping him out of stealth early from his special). I did this without phasma even level 80, and she wasn't geared up that much, but having her slow as well as emergency TM boost is super useful. She is a lot easier to farm than ewok scout or RG too, so probably a good team for folks to shoot for

Just ran this team again in p4, did 916k damage (plus another 1.6 mil or so in p1 yesterday)

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

two_step posted:

Just ran this team again in p4, did 916k damage (plus another 1.6 mil or so in p1 yesterday)

Deathbear teebo is so good. it gets to the point you become miffed when he misses or the Rancor actually resists.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Disco De Soto posted:

Are you running HK (L), 86, 88, Poggle, Engineer for your Arena team?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

MoraleHazard posted:

Are you running HK (L), 86, 88, Poggle, Engineer for your Arena team?

Yeah it's a crazy fun team, I use them everywhere. Once I omega HK and 86 they'll be unstoppable - my record is #7 in the arena so far. They're fragile but holy poo poo they hit like a tidal wave.

My next team will be Just Jawas :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I'm all in on dooku/daka/rey/qgj/rg.