Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Knorth posted:

Moderators probably shouldn't scream like that :shittypop:

No he's cool and hip and :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I lasted about a minute.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
These questions are much better than the questions at the last debate

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

I just had a Labor party member call me on behalf of Pat O'neill. He didn't even know that he called up during the debate.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Why the gently caress is Hildebrand constantly rewording questions that were just asked?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Scylo posted:

These questions are much better than the questions at the last debate

Agreed. No mention of boats so far

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Shorten owned the same sex marriage debate there.

gently caress Joe Hildebrand. They just killed an MP for her beliefs in the UK.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kat Delacour posted:

Shorten owned the same sex marriage debate there.

Definitely.

What Shorten was talking about, Joe, you pillock, is the plebiscite would allow homophobes a public voice to spew their hate.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Malcolm Turntbull is poo poo at debating, flailed around about the university question, Bill comes in with the Zinger.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Malcolm wanted this... It was entirely his idea, holy crap, what a shitshow

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Hurf do primary school kids pay HECS you numpty moderator.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Turnbull is stumbling a lot more than I thought he would.

Is he really shaken up by the polls or is he usually heavily scripted/used to dixers?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
And whoever gave Shorten his coaching deserves a lot of praise, regardless of political views that's significant growth in his communication.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Turnbull's problem is that he waffles on forever, so having to give short answers is just impossible for him

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
*mic drop*

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
poo poo he's still going

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I stopped watching shortly after Hildebrand screamed. Has it got any better?

e:Oh good it's over. gently caress Uhlmann.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Wow~ Malcolm is incredibly awkward

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I just logged in to see Hildebrand ducking out to Turnbull and Shorten shaking hands and Turnbull saying Hildebrand did a good job. I think I just had the best viewing experience possible.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
I love the end of the debate

"Mate" "Mate" "Mate"

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chyaroh posted:

New England is a popular place:

NSW New England WALKER, Robert Henry Online Direct Democracy - (Empowering the People!) 1
NSW New England COLEFAX, Stan Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group) 2
NSW New England MAILLER, David CountryMinded 3
NSW New England WHELAN, Peter Liberal Democrats 4
NSW New England EWINGS, David Labor 5
NSW New England TABER, Rob Independent 6
NSW New England WINDSOR, Tony Independent 7
NSW New England JOYCE, Barnaby The Nationals 8
NSW New England GOLDSTEIN, Mercurius The Greens 9
NSW New England COX, Philip Gordon Independent 10

At least Joyce is down at #8.

Considering how badly Windsor failed to keep Gillard on her toes before he left, I can't see how he stands out against the other two independents. He's going to need to come up with something special fast if he wants to be the golden boy again and give Blarnaby Joke the old heave-ho.

I'm giving the Sexies my Senate vote because we need to show the powers that currently be that you cannot keep microparties out of the equation.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I caught the last half of that debate and now have no regrets about not paying any prior attention to this election.

I'd award worst performance to Hildebrand and best to the wooden cubes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Shorten was excellent

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Lol moderator was poo poo

yeah Shorten did really well it's amazing

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
When the bar of your expectations is so very low it's easy for even Shorten to fly over it.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Recoome posted:

Lol moderator was poo poo
Every time the debate looked like it was about to properly get started he would barge in and stomp it out. :(

I was only half paying attention but I didn't catch anything from either leader that I haven't heard before, so I don't think this debate which no-one watched is going to change anything. Is that really the last one? It barely registered to me that the election has begun yet. Has either side released their full policies yet?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Cartoon posted:

When the bar of your expectations is so very low it's easy for even Shorten to fly over it.

I'm really surprised at Turnbull, the only question he answered with a modicum of flair was the one about "The future", which allowed him to spurt of dumb buzzwords and poo poo and illustrate that the party he represents has no idea how to manage an economy.

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

Sparticle posted:

I just had a Labor party member call me on behalf of Pat O'neill. He didn't even know that he called up during the debate.

It's "Friday Phones 'n' Chill" brought to you, the voter, by Queensland Young Labor (seriously, that's what they call it)

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I lasted about a minute.

:gizz:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog:

No kittens again, because you are all still poo poo.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Snod. posted:

Joe Hildebrand probably shouldn't be a moderator

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

ScreamingLlama posted:

Considering how badly Windsor failed to keep Gillard on her toes before he left, I can't see how he stands out against the other two independents. He's going to need to come up with something special fast if he wants to be the golden boy again and give Blarnaby Joke the old heave-ho.

I'm giving the Sexies my Senate vote because we need to show the powers that currently be that you cannot keep microparties out of the equation.

I don't think it was really his job to keep her on her toes, and considering how badly the ALP mangled themselves it would have been just about impossible anyway. Having said that, I still think he did the right thing by everyone when he backed the ALP rather than the LNP..

He stands out from the other independents simply by being a recognised name whose been there before. Taber's a prety good bloke I just don't think he has the numbers.

It will be very, very close.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Where the gently caress is Nile getting the money to stand candidates in every loving seat in NSW? If God exists, he must really loving hate us.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Starshark posted:

Where the gently caress is Nile getting the money to stand candidates in every loving seat in NSW? If God exists, he must really loving hate us.

Could it be the hard right of the LNP? :tinfoil:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Go on news websites

Every one of them is revering to Shorten as "Cranky Bill" in unionson

I used to think news Ltd and Fairfax didn't co operate much but something off here.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

turnbull going to deregulate universities partially.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Can i just say how adorably dopey Bill Shorten's dogs look:

Anidav fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 17, 2016

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Fairfax have been running anti-coalition stories consistently since the 2014 budget.

Figures they'd stop right when popular opinion actually counts for something.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anidav posted:

Can i just say hope adorably dopey Bill Shorten's dogs look:

I would vote for this dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The hunger for FIbre.