Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

I hope someone rearranges your shoes again, you dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I'm particularly a fan of the way W Bush pissed that good will spectacularly high up the wall. Now - whose side was he on? Left or right?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Cannot believe the Disney corporation killed that kid.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
My favorite Dees comic will always be the time he mocked people who think angels exist. It's loving hilarious that the craziest dude on Earth was like "PFFT Angels!? loving morons. Now CHEMTRAILS!"

Also is it just me or does anyone else get really bad second hand embarrassment whenever Stilton puts himself in the comic? It's always in ~cool~ settings like bars and he talks to hot women and everyone thinks he's right.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Angry Salami posted:

That's what I love about the 'crisis actor' conspiracy theory - instead of a giant all-controlling conspiracy, they seem to believe in an utterly ineffective conspiracy that fails to ever achieve anything and only seems able to afford a handful of actors.

unless that's the point. you're dismissing the idea of conspiracy out of hand based solely on an arbitrary idea of how a conspiracy would work - a good conspiracy would hide themselves using your own skepticism. if only crazies believe it then it's pretty unbelievable to everyone else, therefore it must not exist. pretty great cover.

not saying i actually believe that, buuuttttt

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

EndOfTheWorld posted:

I hope someone rearranges your shoes again, you dick.

I don't remember this story and a quick google comes up blank. Anyone got a link or care to summarize?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Trent posted:

I don't remember this story and a quick google comes up blank. Anyone got a link or care to summarize?

If I recall right Dees came home one day and saw his shoes moved/rearranged and immediately assumed government officials/gang stalkers/NWO were in his place and ransacked it.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Trent posted:

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Trent posted:

edit: god drat you World Famous W, I'm going to come to your house and iron your shirts

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Okay, guess cats wouldn't do that. That's a warning configuration right there.

OldTennisCourt posted:

If I recall right Dees came home one day and saw his shoes moved/rearranged and immediately assumed government officials/gang stalkers/NWO were in his place and ransacked it.

Did Dees have a cat at the time? I know he had a cat at some point.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

"Why can't we have that sense of unity and togetherness that we had after 9/11? *sigh* Oh well, back to making comics sneering at Obama and those loving libtards."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kajeesus posted:

14 words, eh? I wonder what Obama is really getting at there...

"We must secure the existence of our people and a presidency for Kenyan Muslims."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Nenonen posted:

It's worse - he actually believes that the people they interview on tv are paid actors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IiU89LNUD8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosopagnosia

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

OldTennisCourt posted:

I don't get the actor thing. Is the implication that the attacks literally never happened? Like....what about the victims? Are they like whisked away to a secret island to fake their deaths? How does this conspiracy even work?

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2232-my-son-died-at-sandy-hook-conspiracy-nuts-think-im-lying.html

Here's an article about a Dad who still gets harassed and sent threats because people don't think his son actually died during the Sandy Hook shooting. There are plenty of people out there that think there were no shootings, no victims, and that everyone involved was an actor working for the government to take their guns away.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The best part about all these nuts is how self-important they all feel. Like the CIA is all worried about David Dees and is outside with a thermal camera waiting for him to fall asleep so they can remove his access to photoshop and rearrange his shoes.

These dudes think they have all the secrets and obviously the government is out to get them and the only reason they're still alive is because...

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

PhancyPants posted:

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2232-my-son-died-at-sandy-hook-conspiracy-nuts-think-im-lying.html

Here's an article about a Dad who still gets harassed and sent threats because people don't think his son actually died during the Sandy Hook shooting. There are plenty of people out there that think there were no shootings, no victims, and that everyone involved was an actor working for the government to take their guns away.

Sir Tonk posted:

The best part about all these nuts is how self-important they all feel. Like the CIA is all worried about David Dees and is outside with a thermal camera waiting for him to fall asleep so they can remove his access to photoshop and rearrange his shoes.

These dudes think they have all the secrets and obviously the government is out to get them and the only reason they're still alive is because...

Conspiracy nuts, at least the ones that aren't genuinely mentally ill, tend to be people desperate for attention and recognition. They latch onto these elaborate ideas because it makes them feel important and influential without any of the difficulties of having to actually do or learn something meaningful. It's the perfect little fantasy since it has a built in excuse to ignore anyone who will not indulge you. They are the super sleuths with secret, forbidden knowledge living out a spy movie and you're just some sheep too blind to see the truth. They'll stick to that fantasy with as much fervor as a religious zealot because losing it is too painful. Even harassing and attacking grieving parents is just another part of keeping their ego-boosting fantasy going at all costs.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sir Tonk posted:

Way back then, before people got an inflated idea of what governments can do thanks to James Bond and Mission Impossible movies, this kind of paranoid nonsense existed but people invented wicked witches and mischievous fairies instead. The whole shoe stacking business is really no different from people claiming to have had a spell put on them.

On the plus side, when they accuse the government instead of the local weirdo, they can't as easily get a mob to murder an innocent.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I can't help but read this in the posting-voice of forums superstar Enhydra Lutris

After an Afternoon Nap I awoke to find my Shoes had been stacked up like this; the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) runs Ops (operations) like this to freak you Out; perhaps Infrared Thermal Cameras were used to Know I was Asleep before Illegally Entering (??); recently Fukushima Radiation Expert Michael Collins was Intimidated and Silenced (!!!), never to make another Rense Radio Talk Show (RRTS) Appearance; 'They' (CIA) probably want me to cease illustrating the Horrific Spreading of Fukushima Radiation Exposure, and the Approaching Apocalypse caused by Radioactive Fallout; and the Dead Zone Pacific Ocean

e: VVVVVVVVV poo poo you're right; I have amended the Offending Post and removed its Inaccuracies; my Thanks to you for your Attention to Detail VVVVVVVVVVV

loquacius fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 17, 2016

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

loquacius posted:

I can't help but read this in the posting-voice of forums superstar Enhydra Lutris

After an Afternoon Nap I awoke to find my Shoes had been stacked up like this; the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) runs Ops (operations) like this to freak you Out; perhaps Infrared Thermal Cameras were used to Know I was Asleep before Illegally Entering (??); recently Fukushima Radiation Expert Michael Collins was Intimidated and Silenced (!!!), never to make another Rense Radio Talk Show (RRTS) Appearance; 'They' (CIA) probably want me to Cease illustrating the Horrific Spreading of Fukushima Radiation Exposure, and the Approaching Apocalypse caused by Radioactive Fallout; and the Dead Zone Pacific Ocean

Not enough bold to be an EH post.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

And nobody listened, and now the west coast of the US is an uninhabited radioactive wasteland.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Saying someone of middle eastern decent is an Islamic terrorist because they are dressed to go fishing on Father's day does make you a bigot. AGC

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

If I saw that comic in a newspaper and I didn't know who Jarlsberg was I'd probably think it was a pretty good comic - if a little lazy just pasting word bubbles on a a picture of a douchey bartender.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

So here's the question I'm wondering. If they can intimidate and silence so many people, and can fake shootings where over four dozen people died, and make entire airplane's worth of people vanish, and they can easily break into Dees' house whenever they want, and they know Dees is on to him and want him to shut up, why is he still alive? How hard would it be for a shadowy government conspiracy to decide "okay, our 'use the crazy people to hide in plain sight' plan has developed a problem of someone who's getting too close to being able to blow everything, we need him to stop" and arrange for him to just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time when the next mass shooting happens? Or even dispense with that artifice and one day he just vanishes and nobody knows where he went?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

So here's the question I'm wondering. If they can intimidate and silence so many people, and can fake shootings where over four dozen people died, and make entire airplane's worth of people vanish, and they can easily break into Dees' house whenever they want, and they know Dees is on to him and want him to shut up, why is he still alive? How hard would it be for a shadowy government conspiracy to decide "okay, our 'use the crazy people to hide in plain sight' plan has developed a problem of someone who's getting too close to being able to blow everything, we need him to stop" and arrange for him to just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time when the next mass shooting happens? Or even dispense with that artifice and one day he just vanishes and nobody knows where he went?

David Dees is far too important. The whole world would be abuzz with suspicion if he suddenly disappeared.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Skeesix posted:

If I saw that comic in a newspaper and I didn't know who Jarlsberg was I'd probably think it was a pretty good comic - if a little lazy just pasting word bubbles on a a picture of a douchey bartender.

I wouldn't. The nation had a collective violent manic episode that led to two horrifyingly misguided wars and massive restrictions on civil liberties, all while creating a toxic atmosphere of McCarthyite paranoia. The days after 9/11 were a loving nightmare to anyone who wasn't a nationalist psychopath.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MechaCrash posted:

Dees' entire worldview depends on the world being run by shadowy organizations that are both unbelievably powerful and incredibly stupid

They pull off elaborate hoax massacres, but hire the same people over and over to pretend to be sad afterward. They run all the world's governments, but leave clues bragging about it in popular culture all the time. They break into Dees' house to intimidate him into silence, but do it by stacking up his shoes instead of doing anything actually threatening and then let him blab about it on the Internet afterward with no consequences.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Ah yes, the unity after 9/11, when hate crimes against American Muslims skyrocketed.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That "terrorist" is clearly a photographer, possibly a journalist. The other man is being rightly dragged away for falsely reporting terrorism. AGC.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Ah yes, the unity after 9/11, when hate crimes against American Muslims skyrocketed.

These are the people who tend to say you can't be both American and Muslim, and don't see any dissonance between believing that and calling for national unity.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Unity among white americans was great though, instead of verbally attacking each other they physically attacked other people. Sad that doesn't happen anymore

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

"Remember when two planes crashing into a building and a lot of dead people convinced the public to enable our country to wage a Forever War against Islam itself? Remember when we didn't care about actual reasons for Invasions as long as we felt like we were killing Taliban? Why can't we go back to those Halcyon days of unified paranoia and obedience?"

Sir Tonk posted:

You know, I think there's room for a Super Troopers like movie about intelligence agents trolling conspiracy nuts just to either gently caress with them for fun or have something to do, because if I was CIA I would break into these assholes homes just to mess with their shoes or put their car keys on a different table just to watch them think its another government plot to kill them. Yeah man, you know the secret of Project Atlantis and the Crisis Actors Agency we enacted to give Millennials Jobs to pretend to die in horrible events, and we almost got you this time! But next time Dees! NEXT TIME! :doom:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
There's a horror movie on Netflix Instant called The Conspiracy that's actually pretty great that deals with conspiracy theorists and people who think poo poo like the NWO/Illuminati are real. Lunopolis is another good one.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I would definitely watch a show about the CIA/FBI/NSA trolling Alex Jones.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

I heard that for his class' yearbook he was voted 'Most Likely to Shoot Somebody'

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What?

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Three things happened. The Pulse club tragedy, a singer got shot, and a kid got eaten by an alligator.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Besides everything else, they apparently didn't shoot him. Did they shoot someone off-camera? Are those weird black lines under him supposed to be bullet related?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
In addition to Bad Reporter, here's a Mr. Fish with more god drat words than a First Dog on the Moon cartoon.

• Locked thread