Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Wait a minute I may have just seen something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

b. if you ARE frustrated, you aren't showing it, and it also should be directed at AR for the weird deadline.

Can we stop bitching about the deadline? It was posted for two days and no one said a word, now everyone's bitching because they had poo poo to do. If you have a problem with scheduling PM the GM when you notice it, don't just go off when it happens after being given plenty of warning. Maybe, just maybe, have respect for the person who put all this poo poo together so you'd have a game to bitch about.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

No I was wrong. Mixed up Max and Adahn.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

No I was wrong. Mixed up Max and Adahn.

?

Kinda want to know what the theory was.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

?

Kinda want to know what the theory was.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Li Dawny posted:

Can we stop bitching about the deadline? It was posted for two days and no one said a word, now everyone's bitching because they had poo poo to do. If you have a problem with scheduling PM the GM when you notice it, don't just go off when it happens after being given plenty of warning. Maybe, just maybe, have respect for the person who put all this poo poo together so you'd have a game to bitch about.

You missed my entire point but I'm sorry that you are upset that I am calling AA out on his crap regarding soft blaming everyone. This isn't on AR at all, nor do I say that.

Frankly this reads as a reactionary soft defense of AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

Yo, you can't call it a "quick hammer" when we literally had 5 minutes left in the game day. Why are you presenting this as the players being at fault here when:

a. You came in late and were contentedly doing a reread without seemingly giving any indication to thread that you understood how pressed for time we were
b. if you ARE frustrated, you aren't showing it, and it also should be directed at AR for the weird deadline

The language here that causally places blame on people involved in the moat dunk is suspicious to me.

I'm not pressing players as being at fault. I'm just saying the moat vote seemingly came out of nowhere.

a. As noted work and lunch.
b. Yeah, agreed and just because I don't have a nuclear melt down doesn't mean im not frustrated. The deadline eas inconvenient for everyone. Bitching about it does little good.

Also I cased you Max, I cased Lil D, I responded with suspicion on Quid and cased dong. Instead of faking empty quotes to push your artificial reasoning, actually read and present my content.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I thought I saw Max contradicting himself re: being around for hammer vs. what scum would do at hammer.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Li Dawny posted:

lol if yo uexpect me to know when deadlines are until its 12 hours before

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also picking apart who has pressed me isn't just self interest. I am certain that scum keep bringing us back to this lovely case on me.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Quidnose posted:

You missed my entire point but I'm sorry that you are upset that I am calling AA out on his crap regarding soft blaming everyone. This isn't on AR at all, nor do I say that.

Frankly this reads as a reactionary soft defense of AA

I didn't even say anything about AA. I'm just kinda tired of watching people who don't GM bitch about how GMs are running the games. It's about basic respect.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also again why am I at fault for not hammering adahn when I expressed my sentiments regarding him. I mean again, I'm not responsible for the moat vote and I didn't want to vote adahn, and this loving dongs being dongs poo poo excuse seriously needs to stop. Scummy play is scummy play and thats all im seeing from him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Can someone please talk about Adahn's "case" on me and if they think it's real or not?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm not calling you at fault for not hammering anyone. I am saying it is suspicious of you to have come in and just kinda nonchalantly treated the deadline (LITERALLY just going through a reread without offering an opinion of where you might go with 8 minutes left) and then popping in with a post that soft blames everyone for a dunk that you kinda removed yourself from on purpose. It's an odd language choice.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Can someone please talk about Adahn's "case" on me and if they think it's real or not?

I will when I get home, running errands and phone is hard.

I left Adahn yesterday because I thought his opinions were too genuinely and freely being given to be something scum would do. Scum on the chopping block wouldn't stop laying down hard opinions on folks because their flip would out their scum buddy.

Can you look at that and give me your opinion on that MMT?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

I'm not calling you at fault for not hammering anyone. I am saying it is suspicious of you to have come in and just kinda nonchalantly treated the deadline (LITERALLY just going through a reread without offering an opinion of where you might go with 8 minutes left) and then popping in with a post that soft blames everyone for a dunk that you kinda removed yourself from on purpose. It's an odd language choice.

I removed my self from Adahn because I didn't think they were scun and I did offer an opinion, hammer dropped before deadline was up so it became moot. I'm not softly blaming everyone. Im saying there were probably scum on the moat vote and for w.e. reason you take this as me taking some moral high ground which I'm not.

Keep in mind that hammer fell before deadline.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

btw absurd in future flips can you post votefinder's final breakdown so its easier to find by ?ing your posts instead of having to scroll up and down for votefinder

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

oh wait you didnt get votefinder to post it either. well just do the thing in the future pls

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

I will when I get home, running errands and phone is hard.

I left Adahn yesterday because I thought his opinions were too genuinely and freely being given to be something scum would do. Scum on the chopping block wouldn't stop laying down hard opinions on folks because their flip would out their scum buddy.

Can you look at that and give me your opinion on that MMT?

Most of Adahn's content outside of his case on me is town calls:

Adahn1986 posted:

Town case for Quid:

He takes my reluctance to label him as scum for knowledge that he ISN'T scum, and the only way for me to know that is for me to be scum.

I don't deal in certainties, ever. But, his misread of me is telling, because I doubt he'd be able to fake this logical maneuver, which requires that he be town. It's far too genuine.

Adahn1986 posted:

I'm not going to quote all of Dong's posts, but I agree with a lot of his decision-making this game.

I have a feeling he won't appreciate that, but it is what it is.

Adahn1986 posted:

Dawny's scum game (limited exposure) is passive, and also she promised she wasn't.

She took a long time before settling on me. If she's scum, she knows I'm a tree, and her belligerence in trying to get me lynched is terrible play. I think she's town.

AA's game is not 'Tree' this game, though I can't say for certain whether or not it's town. That means there are good odds he's an arsonist.

As stated earlier, I fully believe that making town calls is a scum tell.

As for his case on me, all he does is talk about how a theoretical scum would play and then imply that I'm doing the things he says scum would do. He doesn't use a single example of anything I'm actually doing that scummy, all he's doing is repeating the "MT is scum" mantra and hoping it sticks as an opinion.

Basically I think that Adahn is scum who is trying his hardest not to be caught in a lie, so he's hiding behind a very vague case on me and calling people town (which he knows is true).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote Adahn

Why so scummy?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I removed my self from Adahn because I didn't think they were scun and I did offer an opinion, hammer dropped before deadline was up so it became moot. I'm not softly blaming everyone. Im saying there were probably scum on the moat vote and for w.e. reason you take this as me taking some moral high ground which I'm not.

Keep in mind that hammer fell before deadline.

i dont think u can safely say there are scum no the moat vote unless you think adahn1986 was scum

it couldve been a completely town-mediated scum flip which means we OWN

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

Most of Adahn's content outside of his case on me is town calls:

As stated earlier, I fully believe that making town calls is a scum tell.

As for his case on me, all he does is talk about how a theoretical scum would play and then imply that I'm doing the things he says scum would do. He doesn't use a single example of anything I'm actually doing that scummy, all he's doing is repeating the "MT is scum" mantra and hoping it sticks as an opinion.

Basically I think that Adahn is scum who is trying his hardest not to be caught in a lie, so he's hiding behind a very vague case on me and calling people town (which he knows is true).

as lmao as it is, being really bad is a null-tell cuz adahn did the same thing in forward backwards game by just tunnelling tmm all game for supposed offences to proper town play

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

##vote Adahn

Why so scummy?

Can't tell you man, I tend not to live very long as town.

If we're lunching me today I hope our firefighter is clever as hell because that's two trees down.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dont worry i am, i mean, whoever the firefighter is, haha, its not me

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i dont think u can safely say there are scum no the moat vote unless you think adahn1986 was scum

it couldve been a completely town-mediated scum flip which means we OWN

Thank for actually attempting at content, but I don't follow what you're trying to get at.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

why would scum go from a -1 with 15min left to a different player

they couldve just waited out the clock and i wouldve dunked

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dongsbot 9000 posted:

as lmao as it is, being really bad is a null-tell cuz adahn did the same thing in forward backwards game by just tunnelling tmm all game for supposed offences to proper town play

I seem to recall he was tunneling on AR because he caught AR in a lie and felt he had a slam-dunk case (which ended up being correct). Compare that to this game, where he's trying to give the impression of having a case on me but isn't actually citing anything.

Adahn1986 posted:

If we're lunching me today I hope our firefighter is clever as hell because that's two trees down.

What's your motivation for typing stuff like this out?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

It's a whole 'look how town I am' thing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

why would scum go from a -1 with 15min left to a different player

they couldve just waited out the clock and i wouldve dunked

This didn't occur to me.

##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

That would be stating a fact. You're pretty set on proving me right here.

Infinitum tossed a vote and Dawny thinks I'm scum, so I'm probably going down today.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

That would be stating a fact. You're pretty set on proving me right here.

Infinitum tossed a vote and Dawny thinks I'm scum, so I'm probably going down today.

...doesn't that mean you should be working extra hard to help town find scum?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

...doesn't that mean you should be working extra hard to help town find scum?

Doing my best! Why do you think I'm trying to narrow down the pool?

Quid? Town. Dongs? Town. Dawny? Town.

Max? Neutral. Infin? Neutral. AA? Neutral.

MMT? Scum.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

is your lumpen list from town to scummy in a row as well

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

is your lumpen list from town to scummy in a row as well

It kind of is, yeah. From townest to scummest.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
But that was an accident.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

Can't tell you man, I tend not to live very long as town.

You know, sometimes I'll throw a vote out there to merely gauge a reaction...

I don't like this reaction.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

That's great and all but your push contributed to one tree getting chopped down, and Dawny's implied vote puts me at -2

Scum is winning this game pretty handily

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adahn1986 posted:

That's great and all but your push contributed to one tree getting chopped down, and Dawny's implied vote puts me at -2

Scum is winning this game pretty handily

If you're town, and we mislynch you, it will be your own fault for not attempting to build any cases.

If you're scum, which I believe to be the case, I feel like we're on the right track.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

If you're town, and we mislynch you, it will be your own fault for not attempting to build any cases.

If you're scum, which I believe to be the case, I feel like we're on the right track.

I made lots of cases. Why would I make more scum cases than there are scum?

You and infin built a scum case on moat. Great job. And I'm not 'OMGUS'ing you, I'm just saying that your judgment has been proven, at least once, to be off the mark.

If you lynch me, it will be proven bad yet again. Does that prove that you're scum? No, it just proves that you've got zero interest in making town cases for anyone.

Which. Is. What. I've. Been. Saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Infinitum posted:

What made you think that LD and Dongs were scum before you moved to Adahn? I'm trying to gauge if you're seeing what I'm seeing or if you're just being an opportunist.

• Locked thread