Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What region are all these taking pl-...oh. Go figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I've seen a lot of stuff that confirms that being spanked is definitely sexual

Source: I like to spank my girlfriends butt sexually

client
Aug 19, 2010

this teacher in high school used to twist my ear whenever i talked out of turn in class. she had big titties and it was hot as hell

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I think it makes sense to use corporal punishment on retarded kids. Usually they have a lower level of understanding or reason, so appealing to their more primal instincts has a higher level of efficacy. It's like trying to reason with a 3 year old. I've seen parents try it, and it always fails. It has been proven time and time again that you must speak to the children in a language they understand, and depending on their mental capacities the most effective language might be a swat on the rear.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
^^^ except negative reinforcement basically doesn't work at all to train anything :colbert:

client posted:

this teacher in high school used to twist my ear whenever i talked out of turn in class. she had big titties and it was hot as hell

go on

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Let's see little Jimmy try to disrupt math class again after I molest the poo poo out of him

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

JiveHonky posted:

we had no such heroic giants at my school.

I felt bad for him he was the most bullied kid in our class and had trouble reading. Eventually he got tired of it and screamed at one of his bullies and the teacher called the cops. A bunch of cops came in and took him away :smith: he was a gentle giant.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

corporal punishment should be preceded by some kind of trial by combat. The designated school pedophile kid-paddler must fight a combatant of the kid's choosing, to the death. If they win, they get to paddle the kid, if not, they're dead lol and then we can make a cool puppet death metal band out of their skeletons

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't see how people get away with beating kids. It's essentially aggravated assault and battery with a weapon and in a lot of states with stand your ground laws children could legally kill people dishing out the punishment.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I don't see how people get away with beating kids. It's essentially aggravated assault and battery with a weapon and in a lot of states with stand your ground laws children could legally kill people dishing out the punishment.

Schools are legally your guardian while you're there which lets them get away with a lot of stuff they otherwise wouldn't be able to.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Because the kids are the instigators by being disobedient, ergo the people dishing out the punishment are technically the person standing their ground. Let's not pretend that most of these punishments get handed out willy nilly. Odds are, these kids had it coming.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
I thought the title said "corporeal punishment" and that's way more exciting.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tenspott posted:

Because the kids are the instigators by being disobedient, ergo the people dishing out the punishment are technically the person standing their ground. Let's not pretend that most of these punishments get handed out willy nilly. Odds are, these kids had it coming.

I dunno, I think spanking is way harsh. Maybe they could just crucify them for an hour or so? Not like nails through the hands, etc, and not to the point their lungs collapse and organs shut down. No nails and crown of thorns poo poo, just a regular old cross.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
At my school they had to call the parents and get their consent before paddling anybody.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Just do your homework Clam

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

RoboFrance_29 posted:

I thought the way to make kids behave was to embarrass the poo poo out of them.

The answer is to trick the parents into doing all the freaking out and beating for you, like the classic "ma'am your child bit me. I'm sorry to say this, but I have AIDS..."

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
an even more effective way to teach a kids a lesson is to run them over with a car

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

corporal punishment is often not enough. i say bust 'em down to private!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

think i'll get high today then go to work and beat up some kids!! - a teacher in the south, today

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

tenspott posted:

Honestly the kids shouldn't have dressed like that if they didn't want to get spanked

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Windows 98 posted:

Honestly the kids shouldn't have dressed like that if they didn't want to get spanked

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

playing pranks again are we mr ghost? perhaps if we paddle your pert, young, nubile, teenage buttocks you'll think twice before your next attempt at tomfoolery

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

jarofpiss posted:

corporal punishment is often not enough. i say bust 'em down to private!

"private punishment" sounds like something the kid-paddlers would really enjoy

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

City of Tampa posted:

they used to send home permission slips for parents to give permission for their kids to get hit by teachers, afaik nobody ever returned it

Same here. I figured it was just some hold over bit of paper work or something to protect the district if one of the school cops had to take you down. I'm honestly surprised it's really thing, I've never heard of it actually being used.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Any data on the effectiveness of figging, OP?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Ork of Fiction posted:

Any data on the effectiveness of figging, OP?

no but felching, dogging and mucking are all 100% effective

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I remember doing a report about this for history or something over ten years ago and being shocked that it was still a thing. good to know not much as changed OP

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
what the gently caress if we misbehaved in california public schools we just had to miss a 15 minute recess

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Seems like you would just end up shearing off your eggs and johnston? :shrug:

exactly :fap: :fap: :fap:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the great deceiver posted:

what the gently caress if we misbehaved in california public schools we just had to miss a 15 minute recess

Same. And/or we'd get kicked out of class and then they'd call our parents. In middle school we had this really hot peruvian spanish teacher and we'd intentionally make her mad so that she would point to the door and tell us to leave, because every time she pointed her boobs would bounce up and down. Sometimes she would kick us out for bullshit reasons too, like yawning. And when i was in 5th grade, my teacher would also make us write down sections of the dictionary word-for-word while missing recess (and/or call us idiot retards).

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

my teacher would also make us write down sections of the dictionary word-for-word

this explains alot about your posting

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Roylicious posted:

b) teach the kid that force is an acceptable method to get others to comply,

What do you think happens when you get arrested?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Never met anybody my age that got spanked in school. I'm 29.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

JiveHonky posted:

this explains alot about your posting

i'm sorry that words are hard for you

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

our principal would spank us, never with a paddle though. it was always open palm on bare rear end.

sometimes it wasn't even a spanking, just kneading the cheeks or playing them like bongos.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

i'm sorry that words are hard for you

im just teasing you i dont even know what your posting is like

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Tom Gorman posted:

our principal would spank us, never with a paddle though. it was always open palm on bare rear end.

sometimes it wasn't even a spanking, just kneading the cheeks or playing them like bongos.

was your principal named howard stern?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
some people deserve a padding to give them a sense of perspective OP

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZMoB6ms2mE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
it's no coincidence that enrollment in university education programs declined immediately after states began banning corporal punishment in schools

make the kids fair targets again and there'll be no teacher shortage

• Locked thread