Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
In 'n Out's fries are really that bad, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nick Wiger trashing Gremlins II: The New Batch, you are wrong, wrong, wrong.

I loving knew we couldn't hang after you mentioned you came from a Pepsi family.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

In 'n Out's fries are really that bad, huh

I think people dislike their fries just because the burgers so consistently good and cheap and everything else is perfect. They're definitely not crisp like McDonald's, but I've never minded because they taste so fresh (chopped on-site) and aren't dripping in greasy fatty oil.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I think people dislike their fries just because the burgers so consistently good and cheap and everything else is perfect. They're definitely not crisp like McDonald's, but I've never minded because they taste so fresh (chopped on-site) and aren't dripping in greasy fatty oil.

I personally love In-N-Out fries, but the observation made on the podcast that the quality drops off dramatically as they cool is completely accurate. Fresh out of the fryer they're a delight, but by the time they're merely "warm" I've lost interest almost completely.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Do people just not know you can get your fries well done at In N Out? I'm also an rear end in a top hat originally from LA so never ask my opinion on In N Out, it might just be too skewed.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
shut the gently caress up Donny

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

People who don't like In n Out fries are ones who don't like homemade fries. Fries aren't normally like McDonalds.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

In n Out fries are delicious, but only within 15-20 minutes of leaving the fryer. Any longer and they become terrible. It's crazy how fast they go from one of the best fast food fries to one of the worst.

My guilty pleasure is doing cheese fries. I only get it once in a while, but they sure are a yummy, tasty treat.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Apex Rogers posted:

they sure are a yummy, tasty treat.

'Sup, paedo?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
When I want a nice sweet treat, a nice tasty bit... I love an ice cream branded with the minions. I love those little guys. I think they're just great. Just like a restaurant we value your feedback, let's open up the feedbag.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

When I want a nice sweet treat, a nice tasty bit... I love an ice cream branded with the minions. I love those little guys. I think they're just great. Just like a restaurant we value your feedback, let's open up the feedbag.

haha

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

So the inevitable annoying question in any podcast thread: What's a good episode to introduce someone to Doughboys, outside of starting from episode one?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Wendy's with Paul Rust is pretty solid. The Subway one is great too because they did it right after Jared got popped for being a pedophile

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

What the gently caress? This is bullshit!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Wendy's with Paul Rust is pretty solid. The Subway one is great too because they did it right after Jared got popped for being a pedophile

Was it that one or an earlier one where Mike kept saying there was something about Jared that made him positive he was some kinda rear end in a top hat or creep or something?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I'd say whatever episode spoon nation came into being. Honestly there are enough reoccurring bits that it makes the most sense to start early. I really enjoy the nearly every podcast hate on episode 7.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

caligulamprey posted:

Do people just not know you can get your fries well done at In N Out? I'm also an rear end in a top hat originally from LA so never ask my opinion on In N Out, it might just be too skewed.

You can, but they're still only mid-list for fast food fries because instead of frying them twice like most other chains they just leave them in longer. And tbf all fries a pretty bad once they cool down, In-N-Out's are just particularly more so.

I moved to Boston last year and I miss them so much :(

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I love the pod cast dough boys!!!!!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Spoonman is on the latest This Feels Terrible talking about his past and present love life and his two kitties. I genuinely want him to find love and not on the TV show :/

But then again, I got my ex addicted to Doughboys and last week Mitch requested to follow her on Instagram. I'm about to get cUUUUcked by the goddamn Spoonman.......

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Listening to the Islands episode and nobody in studio knows that rocket is what we call arugula. It's really painful when they make a wrong assumption (that rocket is a fancy lettuce blend) and then keep harping on it.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Cloks posted:

Listening to the Islands episode and nobody in studio knows that rocket is what we call arugula. It's really painful when they make a wrong assumption (that rocket is a fancy lettuce blend) and then keep harping on it.

We think arugula is a fancy lettuce here.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Poopy Palpy posted:

We think arugula is a fancy lettuce here.

In 2008 Barack Obama ordered something with arugula during one of those "candidate makes a folksy stop at a local restaurant to meet the people" appearances and the GOP tried to spin it as "This frou-frou elitist eats weird poo poo you've never heard of!"

Ours is a very stupid country.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Arugula is so loving good it's unreal. Especially on a cheese pizza. I will have half of a slice of 'za with a metric fuckton of arugula on it, poo poo owns.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

In 2008 Barack Obama ordered something with arugula during one of those "candidate makes a folksy stop at a local restaurant to meet the people" appearances and the GOP tried to spin it as "This frou-frou elitist eats weird poo poo you've never heard of!"

Ours is a very stupid country.

You're thinking of mustardgate, when he asked for spicy (elitist) mustard. The arugula thing was when he complained about the price of produce and used arugula as an example, thus proving his elitism.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Great drop this week.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo
I've lost count of how many of his friends wives Mitch is openly courting. They do know that the whole cuck bit is really not a bit right?

edit: aw man I forgot you can't use that word, well you guys know what I mean anyway.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Live Doughboys was one of the rowdiest crowds I've ever see at UCB. Mitch's drop was so long that a visibly mad Wiger had to cut it off with like four minutes remaining.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

oof, was the rest of the show okay though? I know the live crowd at Harmontown when on tour (another Feral Audio) can be really rough sometimes

e: Oh this was at UCB, thought it was that Comic-Con thing

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

oof, was the rest of the show okay though? I know the live crowd at Harmontown when on tour (another Feral Audio) can be really rough sometimes

e: Oh this was at UCB, thought it was that Comic-Con thing

The rest of the show was just as good. My last post wasn't meant to be negative.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Oh rad, can't wait to hear doughboys live!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Did Mitch sit back smugly as the drop ran on or did he sort of cower into his phone?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

At first. Then he went backstage for a minute and came back with some beers.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Dear Sergio posted:

I've lost count of how many of his friends wives Mitch is openly courting.

Ferguson's Doughboys word smithing made the whole danged episode. The Diner Draft was peak Doughboys: absurd, pointless, unbounded by any sorta rules.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/755404514040033280

Doughboys on Twitter: The antagonism never stops.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo

JethroMcB posted:

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/755404514040033280

Doughboys on Twitter: The antagonism never stops.

Needs more nervous stuttering.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Doughboys will be having an AMA on reddit on the 29th. :toot:

This isn't them asking by the way, but just me: Please don't call Nick youknowwhat or Mitch dumb to their faces (or at all imo, it's their in-jokes from years of friendship, not for strangers on twitter) :cripes:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Zsinjeh posted:

Doughboys will be having an AMA on reddit on the 29th. :toot:

This isn't them asking by the way, but just me: Please don't call Nick youknowwhat or Mitch dumb to their faces (or at all imo, it's their in-jokes from years of friendship, not for strangers on twitter) :cripes:

Who do you think you are, the resident expert on the Doughboys?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I'm this threads leading resident expert on Doughboys :smug:

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Zsinjeh posted:

https://twitter.com/twittels/status/319930353492041728?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Kind of ironic, given that he's now "roasting" in hell.