Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The concussion theory is hilarious to me since it's basically "WWE SUSPENDED HIM FOR BEING TOO loving BADASS!"

Honestly though, I really don't hate the guy and I hope he comes back after this as a heel and his push gets chilled out so everyone can stop hating him.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

OatmealRaisin posted:

Monday Night Raw champion Dean Ambrose and Tuesday Night Smackdown champion Jon Moxley

Give him the Smackdown belt with 24/7 hardcore rules too! Ambrose defends the belt at least three times per show.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

How drunk do you have to be to pick a fight with Del Rio.

A manager at a sports bar I used to work at got in Viscera's face and did the "are we doin' this bro?" arm thing. He was like, 225 pounds. People are dumb.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Sigma posted:

If Reigns is off tv and ratings stabilize in that time, does that mean Roman isn't a draw anymore?

It's fine, he's over at house shows. The attendance is decreasing but the ones who keep showing up anyway? Totally over with them.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Sigma posted:

If Reigns is off tv and ratings stabilize in that time, does that mean Roman isn't a draw anymore?

Was he ever really a draw?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I can't help but feel that something must be up with how Roman gets busted at some point before Money in the Bank while the Usos almost completely vanish for a month.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DangerDummy! posted:

A manager at a sports bar I used to work at got in Viscera's face and did the "are we doin' this bro?" arm thing. He was like, 225 pounds. People are dumb.

When was this? Please tell me it was during his "World's Largest Love Machine" phase.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
WWE should have never trusted anyone but John Cena on top

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I hope they use Reigns as the guy to eat the double pin from Dean and Seth to establish each getting their own championship for the brand split.

Nope. I bet they do the "Reigns spears himself through the barricade when the other two move" spot to eliminate him, and then Dean and Seth do a double pin from a German suplex or something.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Roman Reigns is a big, dumb stupidhead, excuse my language.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
What the hell is this poo poo. The dude fails a drug test and then owns up to it? You're on top of the loving world with the mega push of the modern era, and then you go risk it by violating the wellness policy?

He must be arrogant as gently caress, because he drat well knows that he is going to be right back in the main event scene the moment he comes back.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Gavok posted:

I can't help but feel that something must be up with how Roman gets busted at some point before Money in the Bank while the Usos almost completely vanish for a month.

A few weeks back i was at a party and this dude claimed he ran into the Usos at a bar once after a house show and they asked him for weed

The last time i talked about wrestling at a party with someone before then a guy told me andre the giant was 7'4"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gavok posted:

Samoans are a hive species, if the queen does steroids the drones all get a bit too.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Byron Saxon is just such a non entity on commentary. I won't even say he's bad, he's just loving bland as hell. He's silent for like a minute at a time and then 99% of what he says is the most generic obvious crap. I literally forget he exists until he says something and then I roll my eyes and then continue forgetting he is alive.

Anyway he is not a good announcer and thanks for listening to me vent about an announcer while my mortgage is in very real danger of being sold to the bank due to non payment.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ROMAN REIGNS

the guy who gets booed a lot

ROMAN REIGNS

the guy who just pissed hot

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Roman did have a hernia, I haven't had one but I would probably take roids too if it meant a faster recovery. Also, if I was making millions of dollars for WWE and was under immense pressure to look good/put on good matches. I can't believe I'm defending Roman Reigns, what the gently caress... I'm glad he'll be off TV for awhile though, and I'm definitely glad Ambrose is champion. Overall, I'm filing this news under Good.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TheCoachESPN/status/745449309127073792

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Yeah, being cuffed just means you are detained, not necessarily arrested. No charges and no mug shots is the biggest tip that it's not an arrest. If there was an arrest, you would be able to check the site for people checked into holding and then we'd have had Paige and Del RIo's mugshots that morning.

This is a good point, I mean if I had a dime for every time I was detained without being arrested I'd have...2 DIMES!!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

oatgan posted:

iirc they test people on monday when they fly in for raw and anybody on the roster who takes their juicing seriously uses hgh during the week and its out of their system by monday

They have a random testing policy in which people are tested at a minimum of four times per year, and they have a reasonable suspicion policy if they think someone showed up high or drunk.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Timby posted:

They have a random testing policy in which people are tested at a minimum of four times per year, and they have a reasonable suspicion policy if they think someone showed up high or drunk.

So brother Nero isn't coming back then

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
It's hard for me to get mad at anyone on the juice with Trips running the show.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

natetimm posted:

:same:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

natetimm posted:

But he's a Connecticut employee, it's illegal to test him. :v:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

schweens posted:

A few weeks back i was at a party and this dude claimed he ran into the Usos at a bar once after a house show and they asked him for weed

The last time i talked about wrestling at a party with someone before then a guy told me andre the giant was 7'4"

Was it somebody who had seen Andre in person? Is the takeaway that this party was a long time ago? Also is Andre not 7'4", wikipedia says he is, I know Andre was BIG, not small, no no no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Vd6rv58gA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

natetimm posted:

Scott Steiner posted:

"I told them to have Triple H pick me up in a limo, then we could go test together," he says with a laugh. "They never asked again."

Forever one of my favorite wrestling stories

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Scott Steiner is probsbly the one man in pro wrestling that I will unconditionally trust when it comes to him telling stories.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

oldpainless posted:

Scott Steiner is probsbly the one man in pro wrestling that I will unconditionally trust when it comes to him telling stories.

Hardcore Holly's book is pretty drat honest as far as talking about the juice goes. He pretty much goes out of his way to talk about why the biggest draws usually don't get popped because they could afford the better poo poo that's harder to catch. I think he may have even mentioned HHH by name when he was comparing someone who could get growth hormone vs. someone like him stuck using deca durabolin.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Carver Crisis posted:

Roman did have a hernia, I haven't had one but I would probably take roids too if it meant a faster recovery. Also, if I was making millions of dollars for WWE and was under immense pressure to look good/put on good matches. I can't believe I'm defending Roman Reigns, what the gently caress... I'm glad he'll be off TV for awhile though, and I'm definitely glad Ambrose is champion. Overall, I'm filing this news under Good.

Didn't William Regal mention somewhere that he got a wellness violation specifically because he was trying to look more.... chiseled? If I remember, in an interview he basically said "They stuck the belt on me and I was feeling under pressure to perform, so I got the drugs to get built."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think it was when he got the Raw GM position and KOTR. He was definitely in a position where he'd at least contend for the belt and the pressure of having all three of those (at the time) big things got to him

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Calax posted:

Didn't William Regal mention somewhere that he got a wellness violation specifically because he was trying to look more.... chiseled? If I remember, in an interview he basically said "They stuck the belt on me and I was feeling under pressure to perform, so I got the drugs to get built."

They're going to pop you if they catch you, but they're going to reward you if they don't. Roman was getting the push of a lifetime and floundering, he was hurt, and he just saw Rollins go out with a bad injury for an extended period. I know going on the juice isn't the best of decisions but I can't say I wouldn't have considered it in his position. I hope this gives him an opportunity to reboot his character a bit and come back as a monster heel.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Heavy Metal posted:

Was it somebody who had seen Andre in person? Is the takeaway that this party was a long time ago? Also is Andre not 7'4", wikipedia says he is, I know Andre was BIG, not small, no no no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Vd6rv58gA

It was about 2 years ago. More context is that the guy telling me this mentioned it after saying that wwe lies about him being only 7'. I never brought up andre i just happened to be wearing a wrestling shirt

But as far as his height goes i always thought he was shorter and that 7'4 was an exaggeration. I've heard as short as 6'10" but i don't know whats real when it comes to wrestling heights/weights

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

natetimm posted:

They're going to pop you if they catch you, but they're going to reward you if they don't. Roman was getting the push of a lifetime and floundering, he was hurt, and he just saw Rollins go out with a bad injury for an extended period. I know going on the juice isn't the best of decisions but I can't say I wouldn't have considered it in his position. I hope this gives him an opportunity to reboot his character a bit and come back as a dogcatcher that wrestles on the side.

Fixed that for you.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Carver Crisis posted:

He had an inguinal hernial like two years ago. Unless he's made of paper, that's long past fully healed.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What's the point of taking roids when you have a pillow covering most of your body?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

pray for the big nug

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Roman got popped on purpose theory is 100% on point and not at all completely retarded

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

MotU posted:

who knows all you had to do to get roman to generate heat was to piss into a cup

Just scanning through the thread, had to highlight this because :drat:.

Yeah I totally buy that they had Roman lose to Seth because of his wellness issue. Maybe if that didn't come up they'd have Roman win and Dean cash in on him instead? I mean, with how obsessed they've been with pushing Reigns to the moon it's hard to believe they'd be willing to have him lose the title clean unless something forced their hand.

Crowd reaction to Roman is going to be interesting as hell when he comes back, and at Battleground in particular.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

StarkRavingMad posted:

He had an inguinal hernial like two years ago. Unless he's made of paper, that's long past fully healed.
I only mentioned the hernia as a possible reason for when and why he might start using roids. Perhaps it was before that, or maybe it was after. All I was really trying to convey in that post is that I don't think Roman is a bad guy for trying to find an edge in a fake sport. The matches aren't real competitions, but there are always guys below you chomping at the bit to take your spot when you're the face of the company, so I'm sympathetic to the pressure he must have felt.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Rhonne posted:

When was this? Please tell me it was during his "World's Largest Love Machine" phase.

I want to say... yes? This was about 06-07, so it was either that or Big Daddy V era.

He was leaning against a bar rail and my manager Norm asked him to move. Vis either didn't hear him or ignored him. According to one of my co-workers it escalated quickly and Vis stood up straight and faced him. Norm got in his face and bro armed him. Vid laughed and said something like "You got guys, little man" and stepped aside. Norm said I ain't no little man and walked by him. Everyone went back to business as usual like it never happened.

Armando Estrada and Victoria were there too. Norm said Victoria had a face like ten miles of bad road cuz he's a big loving jerk.

We'll, there's my story. Back to lurking for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I miss Viscera :smith:

• Locked thread