Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
Oh my god people on Facebook are lapping this poo poo up, too. It's almost worth it to shop this poo poo around to Gawker and the ilk so the little bastard can get a taste of what happens when you lie on the Internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

there's a sprinkling of stolen valor in there too.

That's way more than a sprinkling. More like a heaping tablespoon of stolen valor

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

That's way more than a sprinkling. More like a heaping tablespoon of stolen valor

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. etc etc

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Fathis Munk posted:

It's crazy how people can delude themselves into believing something so unbelievable.

The americans disowned one racist flag in 2015, they might as well do the other in 2016.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmao

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

FAROOQ posted:

The americans disowned one racist flag in 2015, they might as well do the other in 2016.

:drat:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

FAROOQ posted:

This, but unironically.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

wb FAROOQ :)

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

This dude has just turned 18 and isn't even in the military. Like, not only STDH, there's a sprinkling of stolen valor in there too.

He just deleted it. Surprise, it was bullshit! :911:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

mostlygray posted:

My favorite was the woman who called nearly 300 times in one year about her computer and would only talk to people that had a "K" in their name. If no "K" people were available, a hard "C" was tolerated but not desired.

Were silent K's acceptable? For example if someone was called "Knight".

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

A trading side-quest at that, the worst kind of side quest!

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

If someone gave me a necklace made out of bird bones I'd call the police

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

ghost emoji posted:

I feel like this might be appropriate here for laughs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKccr8g1xCU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ghost emoji posted:

Yeah, is that supposed to be a common thing? Because it sounds serial killer-y

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Geniasis posted:

Tee hee! I'm so quirky!

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Geniasis posted:

Seems like the sort of thing a freelance antique cello repairwoman would wear tbh.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Geniasis posted:

Bone necklaces and bracelets aren't that weird, but only if they actually bothered to clean, sand/polish, and shape them, and didn't just stick like, random bones on a necklace, which is the mental image that conjures up.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Geniasis posted:

There's a museum on I-Drive in Orlando that's all about bones and skeletons. The front of the museum is a store selling bones and bone replicas, from a jar full of raccoon penis bones to $50,000 skeletons. And yes, there's real human skulls for sale.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Lets just put the bone church in here before anyone asks about it:

Sedlec Ossuary

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Josef bugman posted:

Sedlec Ossuary

There's a secret room on the right side there with a green armor pickup in it

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Josef bugman posted:

Sedlec Ossuary

In the basement they keep fallen angels.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Josef bugman posted:

Sedlec Ossuary

Wonder if they can shoot a 40k movie in there.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Bones Bones Bones Bones Bones :skeltal:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

There's a secret room on the right side there with a green armor pickup in it

:golfclap:

MizPiz posted:

Wonder if they can shoot a 40k movie in there.

That's ADORBS! Like we would EVER get a decent 40K live action...

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!"

-Hands you a mandible

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Samizdata posted:

:golfclap:

That's ADORBS! Like we would EVER get a decent 40K live action...

A man can dream. :mad:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MizPiz posted:

A man can dream. :mad:

I feel the same, but I just need to make sure neither of us are dreaming of Star Citizen...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Today in one of our classes I introduced the children to two apples (the children didn't know this, but before the class I had repeatedly dropped one of the apples on the floor, you couldn't tell, both apples looked perfect). We talked about the apples and the children described how both apples looked the same; both were red, were of similar size and looked juicy enough to eat.

I picked up the apple I'd dropped on the floor and started to tell the children how I disliked this apple, that I thought it was disgusting, it was a horrible colour and the stem was just too short. I told them that because I didn't like it, I didn't want them to like it either, so they should call it names too.

Some children looked at me like I was insane, but we passed the apple around the circle calling it names, 'you're a smelly apple', 'I don't even know why you exist', 'you've probably got worms inside you' etc.

We really pulled this poor apple apart. I actually started to feel sorry for the little guy.

We then passed another apple around and started to say kind words to it, 'You're a lovely apple', 'Your skin is beautiful', 'What a beautiful colour you are' etc.

I then held up both apples, and again, we talked about the similarities and differences, there was no change, both apples still looked the same.

I then cut the apples open. The apple we'd been kind to was clear, fresh and juicy inside.

The apple we'd said unkind words to was bruised and all mushy inside.

I think there was a lightbulb moment for the children immediately. They really got it, what we saw inside that apple, the bruises, the mush and the broken bits is what is happening inside every one of us when someone mistreats us with their words or actions.

When people are bullied, especially children, they feel horrible inside and sometimes don't show or tell others how they are feeling. If we hadn't have cut that apple open, we would never have known how much pain we had caused it.

I shared my own experience of suffering someone's unkind words last week. On the outside I looked OK, I was still smiling. But, on the inside someone had caused me a lot of pain with their words and I was hurting.

Unlike an apple, we have the ability to stop this from happening. We can teach children that it's not ok to say unkind things to each other and discuss how it makes others feel. We can teach our children to stand up for each other and to stop any form of bullying, just as one little girl did today when she refused to say unkind words to the apple.

More and more hurt and damage happens inside if nobody does anything to stop the bullying. Let's create a generation of kind, caring children.

The tongue has no bones, but is strong enough to break a heart. So be careful with your words.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 18:07 on Jun 26, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Motherfucking Luke Cage apple

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
An apple that's been bruised, and especially dropped/smashed, is obvious immediately. Also that apple in that pic has been rotten for days until they cut it. I know about apples :geno:

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
I mean, I'm no apple expert hero, but I know apple skin gets messed up p easily. Because, idk, I've handled an apple at least once in my life?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It's a good message

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

oldpainless posted:

It's a good message

It is, but the reason it was posted here wasn't because it was a bad message, it was posted here because it never happened.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

It's a good message

makes u think

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I should clarify i thought it was a good message because it used apples. I'm not too sure about the actual content of the story because I didn't read it. I just saw apples and made a snap judgement.

I like apples.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
All this proves is that the kids were right to call it a poo poo apple.

Goes to show, when an adult says "you should look down on and/or hate this thing", even if you don't know why, you should listen :eng101:

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I think if I were a kid in that class I'd just be amazed that we were able to physically damage an apple just by saying negative words aloud to it. Magic is real! :stare:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Teacher then keeps the continually rotting apple at the front of the room in a glass, threatens to feed it to any child who disobeys the kindness rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

You ever see those comic book ads from the 70s for the apple-carving kits that are supposed to look like shrunken heads when the apple dries out?