Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

spacetoaster posted:

Dude was buying everyone av's. Too bad he's dead now.

Seraph reregged about 5 times that we know of. Someone said he was dying of brain aids or something several months ago.

he actually recently tried to sell all of his star citizen ships because he was having trouble paying the bills, despite all that bullshit about being a rich alphagoon

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Eonwe posted:

he actually recently tried to sell all of his star citizen ships because he was having trouble paying the bills, despite all that bullshit about being a rich alphagoon

lol

Oh yeah! I forgot that. I really need to make a Seraph84 entry in the star citizen
dramaclopedia.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Star Citizen is out. It turns out it was a comedy-themed ARG this whole time.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Eonwe posted:

i really need to watch silicon valley

Yes you do, it is a quality television program with many laughs to be had

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Internaut! posted:

whatever happened to that list of goons who had proudly donated 4 and sometimes 5 figures to the dream of star shitizen

name and shame

Yeah, it was a spreadsheet of everyone's usernames and how much they spent. I thought I had saved it but I can't find it. If anyone has it, please post it because it's amazing.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Chairman Wao posted:

Yes you do, it is a quality television program with many laughs to be had

Will I still like it if im not a depressed, obese, IT person?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

SurfaceDetail posted:

Will I still like it if im not a depressed, obese, IT person?

I'm not obese or an IT person and I still find it entertaining

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm pretty sure that spreadsheet was linked in the OP of the old Doob/Star Citizen/Dayz thread, you need archives to go back and find it though.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Have dreams happened yet? If so, then Star Citizen is out in the only way it counts, friend

e: "space year 2013" lol

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

silicon valley is extremely good

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Wafflz posted:

I'm pretty sure that spreadsheet was linked in the OP of the old Doob/Star Citizen/Dayz thread, you need archives to go back and find it though.

Aside from that I'm sure it's way worse by now

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Can I just get a new Freespace, instead?

I just wanna shoot a few lasers at an angry space-spider and then vaporised by my own flagship's gigantic, hull-splitting deathbeam; is that so much to ask?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ChickenHeart posted:

I just wanna shoot a few lasers at an angry space-spider and then vaporised by my own flagship's gigantic, hull-splitting deathbeam; is that so much to ask?

Wouldnt that be the true dream. Freespace 3.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ChickenHeart posted:

grimcreaper posted:

Wouldnt that be the true dream. Freespace 3.

This might be what you want, made by a goon too.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283160/

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Wafflz posted:

This might be what you want, made by a goon too.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283160/

I almost bought that but i have a hard time justifying 20 bucks for an hour and a half long campaign.

Figured id give it some time and see if a modding community springs up.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Internaut! posted:

whatever happened to that list of goons who had proudly donated 4 and sometimes 5 figures to the dream of star shitizen

name and shame

Here's a money taken in timeline: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pb-EC209UCYu1XVuTETg7IgzMj0oMmBZNKBbSfV3-OY/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=4

AND HERE'S THE NAME AND SHAME!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_lnSE8rt46ufKtOxATJFUEWGQZ9O9e2rCpisFLOV_DU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Here's the original thread too.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511398&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
holy poo poo retarded rear end goons donated over $300,000 to a loving video game

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Space Madness

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

vols bitch posted:

holy poo poo retarded rear end goons donated over $300,000 to a loving video game

those are just the ones who came clean

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

has this guy been posted lately?

Tactical Wizard Organizer

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

vols bitch posted:

They made more money than that.

Those original ships were supposed to be SUPER EXTRA SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION!! And once we figured out it was a scam those ships/accounts got sold for as much as three times what was originally paid for them.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

"we" like every goon dropping their life savings into this saw it for a way to turn around money on dumb nerds

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

hemophilia posted:

"we" like every goon dropping their life savings into this saw it for a way to turn around money on dumb nerds

"we" as in we were suckered in, but have now become apostates.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
somehow, Redditors didnt figure out that they could buy ships from Roberts and sell them on... reddit

Only goons figured this out, and they all made MONEY. Blah Blah I cant hear you I made money I wasnt a dumb one Blah Blah

You can believe me, Im the guy that spent $[any amount greater than 0] on that spreadsheet of shame.

Surely if I was smart enough to preorder jpgs of a video game I was smart about making money off it later

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

vols bitch posted:

over $11k just from this dumb motherfucker alone

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Prince posted:

over $11k just from this dumb motherfucker alone

He's the guy that makes you feel smart for only putting in 3 digits worth of money into this game

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dely Apple posted:

Someone tell me what they came up with re: Stupid poo poo like $10 towels they have been tricking Goons into buying for their fake ship interiors.

Wow have a little God drat class man do you just throw any old towels around the bathroom of your virtual spaceships virtual bathroom? I mean this is where you will spend all of your time when you are not working at the the virtual bar to earn a few extra space dollars

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

Surely, what I'm proposing is less morally questionable?

Mods rename the thread this

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I think the game we're actually looking forward to is No Man's Sky.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Elite Dangerous is really good

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

Wow have a little God drat class man do you just throw any old towels around the bathroom of your virtual spaceships virtual bathroom? I mean this is where you will spend all of your time when you are not working at the the virtual bar to earn a few extra space dollars

hey ABS what you been doing lately

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Code Jockey posted:

Elite Dangerous is really good

this but ironically

Applewhite posted:

I think the game we're actually looking forward to is No Man's Sky.

this but ironically

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

this but ironically

this but ironically

What happened to your av??? :ohdear:

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

hahahahaha 5

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

You want immersion? This dude want's it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Can I walk out of the cockpit of my space freighter, down the hall and into the space bathroom and take a poo poo there and the poop really comes out and I can look at the poop in the toilet and not flush it and do another poop on top of it and so on and keep not flushing until the ship is filled with turds and the turds have realistic ragdoll physics?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Lol. the ONE thing Chris Roberts outright said "NO" to on 10 For the Chairman.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

spacetoaster posted:

i want more rape in nhl 17 myself

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

grimcreaper posted:

Lol. the ONE thing Chris Roberts outright said "NO" to on 10 For the Chairman.

lol. And LTI is going away. And star marine is coming out in a few weeks. etc. etc.

The whales REALLY want to rape their anime girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

vols bitch posted:

i want more rape in nhl 17 myself

That usually happens after the game.

• Locked thread