Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

gasman posted:

Yea, but why aren't the armors arranged perfectly symmetric?

And here's the best I could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

FlyinPingu posted:

I wish it didn't do anything at all so I didn't have the name of a pompous homophobic shitlord come up every time I launch the game

lmao, this post would be alright if it wasnt written like it was by a dork, try a better phrasing next time.

Does anyone have the older version of C.U.T.E that was taken down by the author? the mod is kinda useless without the vests in my opinion.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
TBF the ENB guy IS a piece of poo poo.

Anyway is anyone else having problems finding the new workshop stuff? I'm not sure if snap N' build is breaking it or something but I cant find anything at all.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Shoehead posted:

TBF the ENB guy IS a piece of poo poo.

Anyway is anyone else having problems finding the new workshop stuff? I'm not sure if snap N' build is breaking it or something but I cant find anything at all.

Try using this mod which adds new menu categories at the end for each DLC. I have it installed just to make it easier to find the DLC stuff amongst everything Homemaker adds, but it should help if you can't find the DLC items at all.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

2house2fly posted:

The Fallout 4 perk system isn't good or right so this is fine.

An unexpected response given the context, but... Sigh... Okay, which perk mod should I be using? I WAS going to start playing FO4 but now I gotta fix one more thing! ONE MORE MOD AND THEN I'LL PLAY!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So if I'm using the mod that gives me the portable junk recycler, I don't really need the new DLC right?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dr Snofeld posted:

Try using this mod which adds new menu categories at the end for each DLC. I have it installed just to make it easier to find the DLC stuff amongst everything Homemaker adds, but it should help if you can't find the DLC items at all.

Oh thanks that really helped. I still have no idea if I was missing stuff or just not able to find it in the absolute mess those menus are! :sweatdrop:

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Otacon posted:

And here's the best I could do.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Kimsemus posted:

So if I'm using the mod that gives me the portable junk recycler, I don't really need the new DLC right?

If you've ever wanted to put Marcy Long in her place, it's a necessity.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nice.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
If you do anything other than kill Father with a super sledge the moment he opens his mouth and then eat his corpse, you are playing the game wrong.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I need this DLC now. The whole drat lot of them are gonna be put in stocks.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Rename it Bovine University.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Does she still bitch ?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
More to the point, can the stocks be built underwater?
Like a certain chair.
Make yourself comfortable Murfia.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mpyro posted:

Does she still bitch ?

I think only if you talk to her. I have Marcy locked up in front of the tree (which is not the centerpoint to the settlement) in Sanctuary. She's the first thing you see when you walk in.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Damnit, FO4. I have Def_UI and have it properly configured, but there's just a very minor amount of poo poo wrong with it. The greenish background that is supposed to line up perfectly with the brackets around a menu never do. I don't know why.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I feel dumb asking this question but all the inventory/pipboy mods that have weightless and vanilla versions; are they making the physical inventory items you pick up weightless, or is it weight in some other less literal sense, like font weight?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Seashell Salesman posted:

I feel dumb asking this question but all the inventory/pipboy mods that have weightless and vanilla versions; are they making the physical inventory items you pick up weightless, or is it weight in some other less literal sense, like font weight?

The actual items

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Azhais posted:

The actual items

Okay that's what I figured initially but I don't understand why anyone would want their UI mod to make all items weightless.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wish me luck. I am determined to get Manufacturing Extended to work so I'm deleting all mods that may possibly have a conflict.

The author doesn't seem to respond to bug reports that much or even messages so I'm going at this blind.

edit: Haha, I guess he *just* updated it. Do mods take a bit to be allowed for use with NMM? He only has manual download available.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 24, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Okay that's what I figured initially but I don't understand why anyone would want their UI mod to make all items weightless.

Well, non-survival has aid and ammo weightless anyway, so a lot of that is returning it to non-survival values.

I personally keep everything but junk at vanilla values, and set junk to the "weight of components" version. Most things end up lighter, some get heavier, and while it doesn't make a lot of sense that a toaster suddenly weights like .2 lbs, it's a lot less irritating than some 5lb item containing a single screw.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

The UI mod is editing the item's display string, which is stored of a piece with the item's weight. To avoid overwriting another mod, weightless functionality is often bolted onto UI mods.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

:stare:

Ugh, you sold me.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Kimsemus posted:

:stare:

Ugh, you sold me.

You can shoot her out of a cannon too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yKyHb6Hrug

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Why not do it the old fashioned way? This guy makes some fun and useful mods but he's also sort of crazy and yells about console mods a lot. Though he did make a funny exploding xbox grenade because of that so I'm okay with this.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So with WeaponSmith Extended 2 I think the level lists might be messed up or something as I keep encountering Raiders running up to punch me instead of using the weapons on them?

Also, please god some goon make this mod DefenseGun friendly.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
I've been using Shadow Boost to try to get an OK framerate in Boston proper. One thing that's been driving me crazy though is that the game doesn't render shadows at close range until I'm right on top of them, and this is even in zones that my PC can normally handle fine. Does the game just not render shadows until you're right on top of them? And I mean more specifically shadows for things like tree branches?

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

Damnit, FO4. I have Def_UI and have it properly configured, but there's just a very minor amount of poo poo wrong with it. The greenish background that is supposed to line up perfectly with the brackets around a menu never do. I don't know why.

Make sure you have the right aspect ratio install for it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I did. The problem ended up being that I needed to use the Fallout 4 Launcher to turn on borderless windowed mode because every time I started the game, it started in a non-maximized window and then flipped to fullscreen, causing everything to be 'off' just a bit. Now I have the perfect UI and the perfect FO4 install and I love it.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Holybat posted:

I've been using Shadow Boost to try to get an OK framerate in Boston proper. One thing that's been driving me crazy though is that the game doesn't render shadows at close range until I'm right on top of them, and this is even in zones that my PC can normally handle fine. Does the game just not render shadows until you're right on top of them? And I mean more specifically shadows for things like tree branches?
If you use shadowsboost, then if your framerate drops below fTargetFramerate (in the shadowboost.ini), it will continue to lower the shadow render distance until your framerate is above that limit. You can try pushing out the minimum shadow distance by increasing fShadowDrawDistMin.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Manufacturing Extended updated and fixed all of the issues I had.
No I need to find a reason to use all this poo poo.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
As someone who knows nothing about the settlement system in this game yet, which mods should I get? Settlement Keywords Expanded? Better Settlers? Don't Call Me Settler? Settler Management Software? HELP!

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Apoplexy posted:

As someone who knows nothing about the settlement system in this game yet, which mods should I get? Settlement Keywords Expanded? Better Settlers? Don't Call Me Settler? Settler Management Software? HELP!

What do you want to do in the game?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I dunno, if it includes making a settlement, I could do that! I don't like doing the main quests in Bethsoft games; I enjoy doing the sandboxy poo poo like exploring and making a badass character who can destroy whole towns and other poo poo like that. Settlements seem like a part of that in this game and I am eager for that to work as best as it can!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Apoplexy posted:

BetterSettlers is great, it varies the look of settlers that come in, their clothing, their faces, their hair, etc.
Don't Call Me Settler changes their names and lets you differentiate them a little easier - very useful for 20+ settlers, as well as for identifying who is a farmer, who is on caravan duty (also useful in telling you their route, shows up as Sanctuary->Red Rocket for example)
Settler Management Software gives you some great prompts, telling you when a settler has arrived at any of your settlements, letting you know if you lack beds or water, and giving you options to burn all corpses as well as making unassigned settlers run towards you when you want.

I happen to use all three.

I don't use SKE as none of the mods I use require it.

There's also building parts mods, which are very cool. Some recent examples I'm currently using are Auto Doors (automatically close doors that settlers leave open) Basement Living (personal bunkers! woo!) Immersive Vendors (stock stores that look like they have stuff for sale instead of an empty stall) Better Stores (more store options/decorations) Business Settlements (more decorations) Place Everywhere (super useful and pretty advanced mod that lets you build things better - requires some reading and setup) and Scrap Everything (allows you to scrap EVERYTHING)

There's also individual packs - I use a bunch of these from this author http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/8671518/?tb=mods&pUp=1 such as Craftable Balcony Supports, Craftable Glass Stuffs, Craftable Pillars and Support Braces, Tall Walls, Stackable Concrete Foundations - just a bunch of these.

Then there's the decorating things - OCDectorator allows you to place static items out of misc items - no more running into and kicking over ashtrays or dinner plates or whatever decor you chose. I've been LOVING "Do It Yourshelf" as well as Elinora's mods (Crafting Fury 9000 GTX) for giving my places a little bit more color.

Also, use something like No Object Limit or Increased Build Limit to disable the "oh no your settlement is full and you can't place anymore objects!" crap that was only put into the game for potato computers and consoles.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 25, 2016

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Rename it Bovine University.

that would imply it's just for brahmin!

:unsmigghh:

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Apoplexy posted:

Big settlement effortpost incoming

Otacon pretty much hit every good settlement mod, but depending on how much extra crap you want to have, you can throw in Homemaker for a shitload of extra stuff to build. Settlement Keywords Expanded has a patch that lets you move all the Homemaker stuff into its own subsection instead of mixing it in with vanilla (which can sometimes cause DLC stuff to disappear).

I honestly think vanilla settlements have crept towards something of a decent place If you bought the season pass and have all the DLC. Bethesda's implementation of certain mods have the benefit of having a development team and (very debatably) has more polish, so it eliminated the need for dozens of settlement mods. So anyways, here's dozens of settlement mods:

Settlers:
Better Settlers by Thom293 - Makes settlers more unique looking. You can download some clothing/armor/hair mods and make them more unique, but eh, that's too much effort for me.
Don't Call Me Settler by a1a3a6a9 - Changes settler names, gives them descriptive job identifications, tells you where your caravan's from/is going.
Dialogue Settlers Fix by skyrimlu - Makes settlers stop insulting and threatening you when you walk by, because what the gently caress? You literally own them.

Buildings/Objects:
Snap 'n Build by ad3d0 - This guy's stuff is genius. I've been using it since it was just Snap 'n Build Greenhouse and I highly recommend the combined pack.
OCDecorator by mcface - gently caress decorating without this. Removes physics from decorations, hell yes.
Vanilla Extensions by Ethreon - Adds snap points to a bunch of vanilla stuff, adds some unused vanilla stuff, plus new walkways and stuff. Makes complex buildings a (heh) snap.
Stairs Ladders Ramps by Ethreon - Adds in stairs, ladders, and ramps. Amazing, I know. They're nice because they can use snap points and gives you more options for settlement verticality.
Immersive Vendors by Xgf OR Better Vendor Stalls by kellogsfrostedflakes - Changes the visual appearance of stalls. They both look about the same, though Immersive Vendors makes the signs a bit more, well, immersive, while Better Vendor Stalls just takes it off the roof and puts it on the front of the stall. I used to prefer BVS but I actually swapped over to Immersive Vendors while making this post.
Better Stores by blazeda59 - More ways to design stores. I don't really use the stalls themselves much but I like the extra decorations.
For these three, I suggest either picking both Gruffydd's mods or tamayo831's mod, if only because you'll end up with an ungodly amount of signage with all three installed, and good luck navigating that mess.
Signs and Posters by Gruffydd - Adds a bunch of prewar posters, some postwar ones too, like Minutemen/BoS/Railroad/Institute propaganda. Some business stuff, overall really neat stuff.
Signs of the Times by Gruffydd - Adds a ton of prewar posters, some from real life, some fictional. It's a complement of Signs and Posters.
Business Settlements by tamayo831 - Adds a ton of posters, billboards, signs, you name it, we got it. It's actually the one I'm using over Gruffydd's stuff.

Misc:
Quieter Settlements by Lemures32 - Adjusts the noise made by settlement objects and Sanctuary hammering.
Settlement Limits Slashed by trainwiz - Makes your settlement budget unlimited, no muss, no fuss. Disable this when starting a new game! You'll be in an infinite loading screen if you start a new game with it running.
Scrap Everything by shadowslasher410 - Exactly what it says on the tin. The ini setting can cause lag since it ungroups everything to make it scrappable, but if your computer isn't made of cardboard, really useful.
Place Everywhere by TheLich - It's useful, I'd suggest printing out the hotkey image because there's almost 30 hotkeys for this.
DLC Letters by Ethreon - Makes the letters from the Wasteland Workshop DLC twice as big and snap together. I kinda wish they were normal sized, but they're not that big still and the snapping's really nice.

I'd say the only "essential" mods are OCDecorator, Settlement Limits Slashed, Vanilla Extensions, Scrap Everything and Place Everywhere, plus the settler mods. If you only want a little extra, throw in Business Settlements and Better Stores. To make some really awesome settlements, just grab everything there. If you want an obscene amount of customization, you can use Homemaker; I used to use it myself, but it's become just as crazy bloated as SSEX did and I can't really recommend it any more, it's hard to find things sometimes and I didn't use 99% of what it adds.

EDIT: I re-found a mod I used to use extensively. Haven't tested it yet, so I have no idea if it still works properly without deleting vanilla or DLC categories/objects. Expanded Settlement Buildings by FloorBelow, adds 17 new wall, bridge and floor variants.

EDIT: Removed "Snappable Junk Fences". It conflicts with Vanilla Extensions, since VE apparently edits junk fences as well.

surfacelevelspeck fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jun 26, 2016

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Otacon posted:

Settler Management Software gives you some great prompts, telling you when a settler has arrived at any of your settlements, letting you know if you lack beds or water, and giving you options to burn all corpses as well as making unassigned settlers run towards you when you want.

Are you sure it's that mod which is doing it? Don't Call Me Settler does all those things, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I want to send Marcy to bovine university, the cow.