Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Diddy Kong Racing or gtfo

also it's not technically a kart racer but Sonic R loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Diddy Kong Racing or gtfo

also it's not technically a kart racer but Sonic R loving rules

I've never really played much Diddy Kong Racing. I know, it's a shame.

And yeah, Sonic R is a guilty pleasure of mine

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

I've never really played much Diddy Kong Racing. I know, it's a shame.

And yeah, Sonic R is a guilty pleasure of mine

It's 2 separate guilty pleasures for me because the game is pretty flawed but fun as hell regardless, and the music is cheesy as gently caress but I still love it :swoon:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

LIVING IN THE CITY

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO SURVIIIIIVE

YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE DREAM ALIIIIVE

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

Gammatron 64 posted:

Mega Man Battle & Chase was really bad.

Battle&Chase is not really all that bad, it has some pretty great music for each character too. Too bad they removed the reporters for the PAL release too.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i beat mighty number 9

it was blah

e; i decided to try and replay mega man 1 now that i'm done with it. it's still ok but ice man's stage is my eternal enemy that always makes me quit a playthrough, probably will just replay mega man 2 and 3

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 24, 2016

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Last Celebration posted:

It honestly owns how few robot masters wily actually made. Like, I think he made the 2 and 5 guys all on his own, and half the ones from 7 and 8 were stolen, then he stole the rest.

When you think about it, though, some of the MM5 robot masters are arguably the strongest in the series powerwise. There's a loving tank and a guy who can control gravity.

Of course there's also an old timey train whose power is running into you.

Maybe Wily is just really hit-or-miss when it comes to robotics engineering.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A Metroid please

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

gandlethorpe posted:

When you think about it, though, some of the MM5 robot masters are arguably the strongest in the series powerwise. There's a loving tank and a guy who can control gravity.

Of course there's also an old timey train whose power is running into you.

Maybe Wily is just really hit-or-miss when it comes to robotics engineering.

IMO 6 has the dumbest bosses.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

drunk asian neighbor posted:

IMO 6 has the dumbest bosses.

Wow, racist much? It had the most multicultural roster of homicidal machines.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, how can you talk about Centaur robots like that? They have built in feelings like the rest of them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the worst bosses were 7's because all of them except shade man were lame retreads and burst man is even lamer than bubbleman

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I can't really think of any robot master that fights or looks much like slash man or cloud man, slinky man or even car man. Junk Man I kind of get, but he doesn't really fight much like dust man or feel similar which is the important thing IMO.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

here's a video of Gunvolt 2, featuring an Inti employee managing to fall in a pit during Anthem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtAHWVJ0D3k&t=665s

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Endorph posted:

the worst bosses were 7's because all of them except shade man were lame retreads and burst man is even lamer than bubbleman

yeah but shade man was loving awesome and if you held B when you selected his stage you got the Super Ghouls n' Ghosts music

also Turbo Man and his stage were both awesome, Slash Man was pretty cool too except he was basically Wolverine or Neon Tiger

8 had some lovely bosses too, Tengu Man? Search Man? c'mon.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mega man 8 looked really nice but i remember it being bleh to play

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Yeah, Ray is definitely the best part about this game. Though I do like her looking more orange like she does in her in game model rather than the red of her in artwork. (plus I know she's called the "Vermillion Destroyer" or some such)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

why do people love Turbo Man but hate Charge Man? That seems strange to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Turbo Man is a robot that turns into a car, like a transformer. Charge Man is literally just a guy with a train for a body.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Then you got Turbo Man's counterpart, Nitro Man, who can turn into a motorcycle

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
It's a shame that the stage design and presentation of Mighty No. 9 are so bad, because the core gameplay is reasonably fun. With better levels and stuff it could actually be a good game.

Also, Must slice! Must dice! totally justifies all the terrible, overbearing v/o.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Burst Man looks pretty cool I think.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I have no idea what is going on with Ray's voice acting. What were they even going for? Did they do more than one take? Did the voice directors even speak English?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Blackheart posted:

Burst Man is my favorite fight.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

Oh, now, look at me, I'm fulla holes. But you! What's the deal, here?

Box of Bunnies posted:

It's a shame that the stage design and presentation of Mighty No. 9 are so bad, because the core gameplay is reasonably fun. With better levels and stuff it could actually be a good game.

Also, Must slice! Must dice! totally justifies all the terrible, overbearing v/o.

I guess now we just have to wait for somebody to mod in better levels, then. Just think of it like another delay.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Augus posted:

I have no idea what is going on with Ray's voice acting. What were they even going for? Did they do more than one take? Did the voice directors even speak English?

Ad-lib groaning in pain.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I wish I could find english videos of Ray's story scenes. I wanna know if she straight up is killing the whole cast during her run or what.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 25, 2016

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
Is anyone else still waiting on codes? By this point the principle's starting to piss me off. I threw $80 foolhardy dollars at this mess and all I have to show for it is a demo, the e-manual and artbook, and a Golden Beck DLC Steam code despite filling out all surveys properly and choosing Wii U as the platform I wanted. Comcept has gone through two official statements already allegedly acknowledging the myriad of weird combinations of gently caress-ups people have been weathering, but I still haven't heard a peep despite sending two emails and there's no update on Humble Bumble's end either. Hand to God, mods on both the official forums and the game's subreddit have already iced a pair of longstanding threads compiling testimony about these issues, which doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence that I'm ever going to see the bulk of what I pledged for. I mean, at this point the drat game would be nice.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Violen posted:

Is anyone else still waiting on codes? By this point the principle's starting to piss me off. I threw $80 foolhardy dollars at this mess and all I have to show for it is a demo, the e-manual and artbook, and a Golden Beck DLC Steam code despite filling out all surveys properly and choosing Wii U as the platform I wanted. Comcept has gone through two official statements already allegedly acknowledging the myriad of weird combinations of gently caress-ups people have been weathering, but I still haven't heard a peep despite sending two emails and there's no update on Humble Bumble's end either. Hand to God, mods on both the official forums and the game's subreddit have already iced a pair of longstanding threads compiling testimony about these issues, which doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence that I'm ever going to see the bulk of what I pledged for. I mean, at this point the drat game would be nice.

I didn't even get the fixed survey to let me pick a code.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
Oh yeah, I forgot about that practical joke. I guess I was lucky enough to get that far.

Man, this is complete bullshit. I'm frustrated as hell and also embarrassed because I'm getting worked up about a game I couldn't give less of a gently caress about by now, but it's still not cool so many people are getting the shaft after everything else that's gone down these past three years. It's like drat at least try and get your wet fart of a launch right.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's pretty reasonable to be upset that it's now almost a week after the game came out and the problem isn't resolved.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Flipping through the artbook I got, and why did they change the Beck's design from his initial promo art anyway? It just looks worse to me.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Flipping through the artbook I got, and why did they change the Beck's design from his initial promo art anyway? It just looks worse to me.

How big is the art book? You wouldn't...be willing to scan any of it or take photos would you?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Blackheart posted:

He's got a cool stage, weapon, and fight, but he is perhaps the most generic looking robot master there is. You could honestly use his design for a stage enemy that dies in 3 shots, like a Joe. Nothing about him really indicates what his power is either.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I just remembered Burst Man has loving spikes he pushes you towards. gently caress Burst Man. :mad:

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god... The Robot Factory level where all of the other Mighty No.s show up and start loving poo poo up in the background and foreground.

:love::love::love:

This would be a great game if it was on Early Access with, like, 3 more months to go.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Motto posted:

here's a video of Gunvolt 2, featuring an Inti employee managing to fall in a pit during Anthem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtAHWVJ0D3k&t=665s

I kind of hope they introduce the concept of the bosses having weaknesses in this one rather than just rely on the "shoot a few times, zap until the tag goes away, repeat" method from the last game. Though since Copen is playable and, judging by the trailer, can get weapons from defeated Adepts this might end up being the case.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Violen posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that practical joke. I guess I was lucky enough to get that far.

Man, this is complete bullshit. I'm frustrated as hell and also embarrassed because I'm getting worked up about a game I couldn't give less of a gently caress about by now, but it's still not cool so many people are getting the shaft after everything else that's gone down these past three years. It's like drat at least try and get your wet fart of a launch right.

I opted for Linux which, possibly along with Mac, still isn't available yet.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The Merkinman posted:

I opted for Linux which, possibly along with Mac, still isn't available yet.

Also waiting for the Linux version. The release update said it's in testing at the publisher and should be ready in a few days.
It's working fine with Wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Been replaying a bit of Azure Striker Gunvolt this weekend and I can't beat the Special Mission 5 if only because of True Azure at the end. That drat Voltanic Chains he does always fucks me up. What's the best gear and inventory to bring for this? I know triple jump is a given to avoid that final attack at the small space at the top of the screen, but what else?