Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wikimon is a very serious site.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0h9y5FpQtA

If you connect both the 15th Digivice and the D3, Hackmon shows up

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Soooo, does that mean anything for Tri? Takeru and Hikari still have their D3, right? And the others have the "normal" digivice? Will they summon Hackmon by connecting their digivices the same way?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0h9y5FpQtA

If you connect both the 15th Digivice and the D3, Hackmon shows up

Hackmon is raisable in the 15th anniversary Digivices. That guy in the video is probably just using him.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Torrannor posted:

Soooo, does that mean anything for Tri? Takeru and Hikari still have their D3, right? And the others have the "normal" digivice? Will they summon Hackmon by connecting their digivices the same way?

He's wandering around the real world in Tri so I doubt they'd summon him somehow.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-29/1st-digimon-adventure-tri-film-gets-english-language-theatrical-release-in-us/.103758

American theatrical release for the dub.

Also Jeff Nimoy has stated they're recasting the kids but the digimon VAs are returning. So just like what they're doing in Japan. He's doing Tentomon but not writing or directing (thank god).

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-29/1st-digimon-adventure-tri-film-gets-english-language-theatrical-release-in-us/.103758

American theatrical release for the dub.

Also Jeff Nimoy has stated they're recasting the kids but the digimon VAs are returning. So just like what they're doing in Japan. He's doing Tentomon but not writing or directing (thank god).

Well that's a bit of a shame, but completely expected. I know Josh Seth said he'd come out of retirement to voice Tai again if they asked him.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Well that's a bit of a shame, but completely expected. I know Josh Seth said he'd come out of retirement to voice Tai again if they asked him.

In Japan the kids' voices were changed to sound older, but since they already sound like adults in the fun it just seems kind of pointless. I wonder who's writing the dub if Nimoy isn't?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

In Japan the kids' voices were changed to sound older, but since they already sound like adults in the fun it just seems kind of pointless. I wonder who's writing the dub if Nimoy isn't?

I'm crossing my fingers for Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and/or Steve Blum. Bring back the Tamers dream team. Still, I'm glad to see Nimoy's back as Tentomon. I can't imagine anyone else in that role. I wonder if the new dub writers for Tri are gonna continue the tradition Nimoy started by continuing to write Izzy and Tentomon as a stealth gay couple? Because that thing's like the Digimon version of the FedEx arrow, once it's pointed out to you, you can't unsee it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The director is likely Ryan Johnston. He's done a few stuff for Viz and the Fusion dub as a recording assistant.

I'd rather the dub script have as few "additions" as possible.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
More from Mr. Nimoy. The Ryan is, as previously mentioned, likely to be Ryan Johnston.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1569038110058390&id=1408975902731279

Jeff Nimoy posted:

Holy DigiCrap, one little announcement and the whole Internet goes crazy! I had no idea that the English dubbing of Digimon Tri wasn’t public knowledge until I announced I recorded Tentomon again. No one asked me not to tell anyone, so I guess it’s ok to talk about it. I am getting flooded with questions, so rather than answering each one individually, here is how it all happened.

For a long time now fans kept asking me if I was going to be in Digimon Tri. My last experience with Digimon was script adaptation, voice directing, voice acting, and being Supervising Producer on Digimon Data Squad (previously Digimon Savers). Even though it’s the least known series in the franchise, it’s my personal favorite, so I hope this renewed anniversary interest in Digimon makes fans give it a second look. Since then I knew they dubbed Fusion without me, so I assumed whatever production company was in charge of the franchise now had moved on without me.

But then I got a call from Studiopolis and asked me to voice Tentomon again for Tri. They didn’t ask me to write or direct, just act. Of course, I would have loved to do all those things again for Digimon, but even just the involvement of voice acting is thrilling enough because it means a return to the series that I loved and made me famous (plus, there are a lot less headaches and a lot less work to do when you’re only acting).

I came back to the familiar Studiopolis offices and met an engineer/voice director named Ryan. Never met him before, and he didn’t tell me his last name, so that’s all I know. But he was a very nice guy, and seemed to know the series well, and he was a very good director. There were 4 episodes written, but I can’t remember if Tentomon was in all of them or not.

I had just got off a redeye flight from New York, and my voice was rather raw. I actually asked if they would reschedule because I didn’t think I could get to Tentomon’s higher register until I had a few days rest, but they wanted me to come in and give it a try (Tri?). I did my best, but when it comes out, Tentomon might sound a little horse for the first few episodes. 3 days later my voice sounds fine again, so maybe my next session I can go back and re-record the first ones again if they haven’t already mixed the sound (it was only about 8 lines, so we could do it real quick).

My last line for Tentomon at that session was “Tentomon digivolve to....Kabuterimon!” Ryan told me he wasn’t sure how they were going to do it, so they wanted me to say “Kabuterimon” in Tentomon’s voice. I told him that Kabuterimon says that part, not Tentomon. Ryan asked, “Are you sure?” I laughed and said, “Yeah, pretty sure.” Lol. After all those episodes and movies, I had better be sure! Ryan laughed as well and took my word for it. He knew my involvement with the series, so he trusted me. We actually got along quite well, and he was very open to collaboration.

During playbacks I recognized some other voices (get ready to break again, Internet). Colleen O’Shaughnessy as Sora, and Mona Marshall as Izzy. I’m good friends with Doug Erholtz, so I knew he WASN’T playing TK (he is playing a recurring role though). Ryan told me my old TriGun partner Johnny Yong Bosch was playing TK. I also recognized Laura Summer’s voice as Patomon. Ryan told me almost all the digimon voices are coming back, but many of the humans were recast. That’s ALL I KNOW! Please, no more questions, you now know exactly what I know, so we’re all caught up!

I’m looking forward to my next VO session as Tentomon (although after I blew the surprise, maybe they’ll fire me, oh well). One more thing... after my session was over, I went into the control room to say goodbye to Ryan, and thank him. We shook hands and I asked, “Please take good care of my baby, won’t you?” He smiled and said, “Absolutely, it’s in good hands.” I’m sure it is!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kefkafloyd posted:

More from Mr. Nimoy. The Ryan is, as previously mentioned, likely to be Ryan Johnston.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1569038110058390&id=1408975902731279

Looks like someone at Studiopolis told him to hush up about it because the post on Facebook is gone as are his tweets about it. Guess this is what happens when you don't have your talent sign NDAs :nyoron:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://youtu.be/iD3NV-Amn_Y

Who's ready for the digirap return?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I finally got around to the first TV-sized segment of Ch1 the other day, but gently caress it, I should just wait a few more months for that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

YES I'M SO READY

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

m. bison says YES YES YES for 10 hours

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
NO SHAME NO TURNING BACK

FULL SPEED AHEAD DIGI RAP

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh the comments section is filled with so many pissed off nerds raging over dubs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That is not remotely for me but I admire and appreciate this direction.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I see a lot of Latin Americans mad specifically, like why

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Raserys posted:

I see a lot of Latin Americans mad specifically, like why

Because while we used to get dubs straight from the japanese versions, Xros Wars dub was taken from the American version so many believe that if we get Tri dubbed, it will also be from the american version.

There's also the fact that we grew with the amazing spanish version of Butterfly as the opening for Adventure and the Digirap is for many of us, a lovely song.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Do not gently caress with Latin America on their anime.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm glad that we're going to be getting a better version of Tri.
Hopefully their dad joke game is still on point.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I binged through the last 2/3 of Cyber Sleuth this week, did all the side missions except for the demons and Paladin Mode.

That game's main storyline and ending is way weaker than individual sequences and sidequests throughout, the leveling requirements (especially raising ABI) are asinine, and there's parts that are straight up stretched out for no reason (most egregiously the part with invisible warp traps that do literally nothing but waste time).

That said, fun game, really would like a follow-up.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I hope it won't require more garbage World-style games to make that happen.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Rodyle posted:

I binged through the last 2/3 of Cyber Sleuth this week, did all the side missions except for the demons and Paladin Mode.

That game's main storyline and ending is way weaker than individual sequences and sidequests throughout, the leveling requirements (especially raising ABI) are asinine, and there's parts that are straight up stretched out for no reason (most egregiously the part with invisible warp traps that do literally nothing but waste time).

That said, fun game, really would like a follow-up.

Yeah, the game is grindy as hell and wastes time a lot, but I do like it. For any sequel, my biggest hope is an easier way to raise friendship and ABI and better story with more focus on the Digimon themselves as sapient.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That's not the digirap. You lied to me.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
PV for Confession

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4mnvgk_digimon-adventure-tri-3-kokuhaku-pv2_tv

Translation

quote:

TAICHI: “If we wait…”
TAICHI: “If we wait to do something ‘someday,’ we’ll end up grown adults before we even know it.”
DIGIMON ADVENTURE TRI, Chapter 3, “Confession”
PATAMON: “Hey, Takeru. I’m infected, right?”
SORA: “We and our Digimon partners are special. We’re always connected to each other. That’s what I believe.”
NISHIJIMA: “Why did you keep it a secret even from me?! Am I that unreliable to you?”
HIMEKAWA: “It’s better off for some things to be kept secret.”
KOUSHIRO: “The infection could be spreading while we’re wasting time like this! This is no time to be caught up in trivial things!”
MIMI: “Trivial?! WHAT?!”
YAMATO: “Are we all going to change? Is it all just going to end up being nothing but a fond memory?”
TAKERU: “I don’t care about whose fault it is, or who’s to blame. I care about what we should do from here. And what we should do is…”
MEI: “Mei-chan! I’m right here! Here! Can you hear me?”
HIMEKAWA: “It’s probably the Reboot.”
SORA: “Reboot?”
ATLURKABUTERIMON: “I won’t let you through! I will never let you through!”
JOU: “Friends up against each other… How is this possible?”
TENTOMON: “Koushiro-han… Goodbye!”
KOUSHIRO: “Tentomon!”

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Happy Odaiba Memorial Day, everyone!

There's also a new Appmons PV but it's useless without subs since it only introduces the characters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
First trailer for the Appmon 3DS game

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/digimon-universe-appli-monsters-3ds-game-first-trailer

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Animage presented a Q&A with the staff on its newest issue and while there's not a lot of new stuff revealed, is an interesting read

quote:

Q: Were the kids that were defeated in Chapter 1 Daisuke Motomiya and party from Digimon 02?
A: That's right. That wasn't a delusion or something that happened in an imaginary world. Daisuke and party were defeated due some sort of reason. (Kakihara)
Q: How long have Meiko and Meikoomon been partners?
A: Meiko's digivice are the same model as Taichi and party's, and she's also the same age as them... based on that, I'm sure we can theorize that they've been partners for about the same amount of time. When Meikoomon suddenly mutated, a certain pattern appeared on Meiko's digivice. That pattern and Meikoomon's outside appearance may turn out to be a big hint regarding this mystery. (Arai)
Q: Is Gennai aware of the infected Digimon situation?
A: Gennai previously had the role of guiding the kids in the Digital World. However, if he had made an effort just like how he did in Digimon 02, he should have been able to prevent Digimon from being detected by people throughout the world. Since he is unable to hide the existence of Digimon just like how he did previously, it could mean that something may have happened to him. (Arai)
Q: Is there a mastermind behind the infected Digimon?
A: While it seems like there's some sort of "being" scheming things in conjunction to the incident with Meikoomon, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're trying to spread the infection. Therefore, the infected Digimon were born due to some sort of reason, and if one were to ask if there's a mastermind behind that phenomena, it would probably be more correct to say that there isn't.(Kakihara)
Q: What's the identity of the black cube that went inside of the digiegg in Chapter 1?
A: Something that has a connection with a past series had been featured. That digiegg has already hatched and has become some sort of Digimon. That Digimon has a big connection with the story for Digimon Tri. The digiegg pattern being similar to Gatomon's digiegg is also a big point. (Arai)
Q: Who's the white Digimon that appears every-so-often?
A: It's a Digimon who is keeping an eye on Meikoomon after receiving an order from someone. Typically, it would be Gennai keeping an eye out on the movements of infected Digimon and Meikoomon... the reason why Gennai is not appearing is also an important point. (Kakihara)
Q: Do Nishijima and Himekawa have some sort of secret?
A: Yes. Himekawa has a bigger secret, and there's no doubt that she's a character you should be keeping your eyes on. The relationship between the two are: ex-lovers, childhood friends, and boss-employee. While they both work for the same information processing bureau, the gap between the things that Himekawa know and Nishijima does not know will arise in time. (Kakihara)
Q: How likely is it that the Digimon partners of the Digidestined will become alienated?
A: Just like how Joe and Gomamon had misunderstandings in Chapter 2, there will eventually be changes between all of the children and Digimon in terms of how they feel for one another. That may be due to specific incidents, or it could also be due to the children becoming more distant from their Digimon from maturing. It will depend on the digidestined. (Kakihara)
Q: How much does Meiko know about Meikoomon's secret?
A: In Chapter 3, it will become clear that Meiko's father is a researcher and has some sort of connection with Meikoomon. While it seems that Meiko knew that Meikoomon is a special Digimon, I believe that she did not know that Meikoomon would mutate like how she did in the end of Chapter 2. From this point on, Meiko will keep close attention to Meikoomon's changes and start thinking about how she herself should act as well. (Kakihara)
Q: What's the identity of the digital dimension featured in Chapter 2?
A: It's one of the three worlds: The Real World, Digital World, and Digital Dimension. Only, that Digital Dimension was a gimmick created by the mystery man, so it had a special trait where, while Gomamon and Palmon were able to enter it, the other Digimon who all arrived later were unable to enter. (Arai)
Q: What's going on between Taichi, Yamato, and Sora?
A: Taichi and Sora are classmates at the same school. High school is complicated period, so it's not like there are any official relationships going on between them. Furthermore, due to Meiko transferring-in, new relationships are being born, and honestly, I think that it shouldn't be very surprising to see changes between their relationships in any way shape or form in the near future. (Arai)
Q: You've shown us everyone in Yukata and Uniforms, but are there plans on other outfit changes as well?
A: The thing is, due to certain circumstances, they'll mostly be in their school outfits. As to why they won't have clothing to change into will also be a big point storyline-wise. (Arai)
Q: Why is Patamon not in his Mega form in the Chapter 3 visuals?
A: The focus is on Patamon saying "I'm infected, aren't I?" in the 1st PV for Chapter 3, so we thought the story would be more accurately portrayed if Patamon were still in his Rookie form. (Arai)
Q: Is Matt's band really that popular?
A: It seems like they have enough popularity to perform a one-man live performance, as shown on the face of the ticket for KOD in Chapter 1. His previous band, TEEN-AGE WOLVES, has temporarily disbanded, but there's also a possibility that they'll regroup as well. Therefore, a song related to the TEEN-AGE WOLVES will be featured in Chapter 3. (Arai)
Q: Who exactly is the mystery man?
A: Stay tuned and watched Chapter 3 for the answer!

They're milking the "mistery man" business for all its worth. :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
We've got our first official cast list for the first Tri movie dub.

Returning from the original show:
  • Joshua Seth - Tai
  • Colleen O’Shaughnessey - Sora
  • Mona Marshall - Izzy
  • Philece Sampler - Mimi
  • Tom Fahn - Agumon
  • Kirk Thornton - Gabumon / Garurumon
  • Jeff Nimoy - Tentomon / Kabuterimon
  • Melodee Spevack - Birdramon
  • Laura Summer - Patamon *
  • Dave Mallow - Angemon

Newbies:
  • Robbie Daymond - Joe
  • Vic Mignogna - Matt *
  • Johnny Yong Bosch - TK
  • Tara Sands - Kari
  • Kate Higgins - Gatomon, Meicoomon
  • Cherami Leigh - Biyomon, Maiki Himekawa
  • Christina Vee - Meiko
  • Kyle Herbert - Greymon
  • Doug Erholtz - Nishijima **

* Not listed in the press release, but confirmed by multiple sources elsewhere.

** Returning actor, different character

Sucks that they couldn't get Laura Jill Miller or Michael Reisz back as Kari and Matt. Especially since they both said they weren't even approached for reprising their roles, and Reisz even said he'd come back for Tri in a heartbeat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno if I'm gonna be able to live a life without Lara Jill Miller as Kari, but I will try.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I am so stoked to have Tai and especially Birdramon back.

I loving love Birdramon's dumb, dumb voice.

I CAN FEEL YOUR LOVE

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I also don't know why they got Erholtz back to not have him voice TK, but I'm not gonna complain about JYB

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Michael Reisz went from anime dub voices on to writing episodes of Boston Legal for primetime TV, and now is producing his own show on 2nd tier cable, so I figured he wasn't going to happen just because of how busy he has to be.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

Michael Reisz went from anime dub voices on to writing episodes of Boston Legal for primetime TV, and now is producing his own show on 2nd tier cable, so I figured he wasn't going to happen just because of how busy he has to be.

I was gonna say "second tier Netflix show :eng101:", but you're right, Shadowhunters is on Freeform, a network I've never heard of before.

It's doing quite well though from what I've seen and heard, so good for him.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

nine-gear crow posted:

Freeform, a network I've never heard of before

Latest iteration of the Pat Robertson Family Channel, aka the Saban/Fox Family Channel, aka the Disney/ABC Family Channel. Turns out the urban legend that a clause states the channel must always have Family in it's name was actually false all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

I'm incredibly pumped for Joshua Seth coming back, especially since he supposedly retired from voice acting all together. I think it was the second Diaboromon movie that they recast him and it was just... wrong.