Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Booyah- posted:

If anyone gets kof 98 um or 2k2 um off that humble bundle or the steam sale, I'm down to play.

PM me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Where the gently caress is Soul Calibur 6? I want Zasalamel, dammit!

Also does Tekken 7 have a release date yet?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
The Soul Calibur made Pokken, so they've been busy with that for a little while.

Then again, Namco doesn't seem to be in a hurry to announce anything either.
Never been into the SC scene, did SCV really poo poo the bed that much???

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
It was a major improvement over 3 and 4, but it lacked a lot of the single player stuff the franchise became known for and the super/meter stuff ended up loving with the balance a lot, especially with Viola and her black hole super.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Black Mage Knight posted:

It was a major improvement over 3 and 4, but it lacked a lot of the single player stuff the franchise became known for and the super/meter stuff ended up loving with the balance a lot, especially with Viola and her black hole super.

how many other black holes are there in FGs cause kokonoe was broken too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

suika from iamp?

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Are any of the non-SIGN Guilty Gears worth getting on Steam? I realize two of them are like a beat'em up and weird RPG/RTS or something, but if they're fun single player games I'd still be all over that.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

+R is the best game in the series, and dirt cheap, so that's a great start.

I haven't played overture but if you're into that sort of thing, I hear it's a pretty fun time.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Are any of the non-SIGN Guilty Gears worth getting on Steam? I realize two of them are like a beat'em up and weird RPG/RTS or something, but if they're fun single player games I'd still be all over that.

do not get isuka

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Overture is a really early protomoba, AC+r is a good if crazy technical game and not for babies like me

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

really want to get Xrd for PC since I play way better with an xbox pc controller for fighting games than the DS4, when Revelator comes out would it be discounted for PC? presuming it comes out this year for PC at all.

also how easy would it be to mod the soundtrack, because I like Xrd but man I wish I could shove in all the old poo poo like Suck a Sage or Haven't You Got Eyes In Your Head

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

really want to get Xrd for PC since I play way better with an xbox pc controller for fighting games than the DS4, when Revelator comes out would it be discounted for PC? presuming it comes out this year for PC at all.

also how easy would it be to mod the soundtrack, because I like Xrd but man I wish I could shove in all the old poo poo like Suck a Sage or Haven't You Got Eyes In Your Head

No official plans for a PC port of revelator yet.

On PC you could just lower the BGM volume and play your own music in the background? Unless you really want music to change with stage/menu/etc

e: buy SIGN and fight me pls

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'd recommend getting Sign just on principle.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

giogadi posted:

No official plans for a PC port of revelator yet.

On PC you could just lower the BGM volume and play your own music in the background? Unless you really want music to change with stage/menu/etc

e: buy SIGN and fight me pls

Wanna get some sets in this afternoon or tonight? I saw you were playing last night and thought about getting in but was feeling lazy. (currently C R I S P Y B A B Y on steam)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

Those songs are in the game you just buy them with world dollars you get from playing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PSN has Blazblue CP Extend on 70% sale for 15 dollars.
is the game worth picking up?
i don't know anything about blazblue except it might be like xrd but my brain says that 15 dollars is too much for a probably dead game when i already own revelator.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Real hurthling! posted:

PSN has Blazblue CP Extend on 70% sale for 15 dollars.
is the game worth picking up?
i don't know anything about blazblue except it might be like xrd but my brain says that 15 dollars is too much for a probably dead game when i already own revelator.

Its real fun and besides some of the general arcsys-isms its a totally different game from Xrd. 15 is a drat steal and if you enjoy it, Blazblue Central Fiction is coming to consoles this year so its a good chance to try out the series.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if its good i'll just save 15 now to buy the new one when it comes out in oct then. rev is too new to split time with it and kof is only 2 months away.

thanks for the tip though.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 24, 2016

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

attackmole posted:

Wanna get some sets in this afternoon or tonight? I saw you were playing last night and thought about getting in but was feeling lazy. (currently C R I S P Y B A B Y on steam)

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you said something because I think I was confusing your steam ID for some rear end in a top hat I played from Reddit once

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

giogadi posted:

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you said something because I think I was confusing your steam ID for some rear end in a top hat I played from Reddit once

Cool, I'm heading out for dinner and beers but I'd be down if you're still around when I get back, I'll bug you on steam.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Cool.

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.
Does it make sense to get 98UM on Steam instead of playing 98 on FightCade? How do the netcode and player counts compare?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Garnavis posted:

Does it make sense to get 98UM on Steam instead of playing 98 on FightCade? How do the netcode and player counts compare?

no, and um is significantly worse in every capacity except having mr big be playable

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Garnavis posted:

If you plan on playing in Dream Cancel tournaments, UM is the standard

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Fereydun posted:

no, and um is significantly worse in every capacity except having mr big be playable

Geese

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Playstation's Twitter just posted a story on the changes coming to Tekken 7. One of them is interactive cutscenes.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/24/whats-new-in-tekken-7-on-ps4/

It's not coming out until 2017. :smith:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 25, 2016

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How's Revelator looking population wise, because i've been trying to find this and nobody has it here. Best Buy or Gamestop. It was the same for XRD. Anybody else have this problem or am I late finding this out? I know I can just buy it digital but I have GCU and I like physical.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Garnavis posted:

98 on steam has training modes for both UM and original which is probably the only good reason you should buy it these days. The player count is near 0 so even if you wanted to play UM it would be pretty hard to find a match.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

How's Revelator looking population wise, because i've been trying to find this and nobody has it here. Best Buy or Gamestop. It was the same for XRD. Anybody else have this problem or am I late finding this out? I know I can just buy it digital but I have GCU and I like physical.

You have to go to amazon or PSN to get any fighting game that's not Mortal Kombat, Tekken or Street Fighter

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

BattleHamster posted:

98 on steam has training modes for both UM and original which is probably the only good reason you should buy it these days. The player count is near 0 so even if you wanted to play UM it would be pretty hard to find a match.

98 for fightcade has you loading up the rom in the emu and setting the system type to AES so that you can access training mode too

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I consider buying 98UM for 3 bucks to be my way of throwing some pennies at SNK and being like "hey guys, keep fighting the good fight".

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

attackmole posted:

I consider buying 98UM for 3 bucks to be my way of throwing some pennies at SNK and being like "hey guys, keep fighting the good fight".

Before a goon gifted me an extra copy of '98 on Steam, I was thinking the same thing (even if I end up just using the Fightcade version more often just due to GGPO).

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

attackmole posted:

i still bought it too :]

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Is Heavy D good in 98UM this is literally the only thing I care about

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

This may sound very stupid, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Why do fighting games have timers? I mean I could understand the point of them in the old arcade days because shop owners wouldn't want matches to last TOO long, but what is the point of having a timer today? I feel that it spoils a lot of good matches.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why do fighting games have timers? I mean I could understand the point of them in the old arcade days because shop owners wouldn't want matches to last TOO long, but what is the point of having a timer today? I feel that it spoils a lot of good matches.

competitive everything has a timer. from chess to scrabble... and while that isnt a reason or a justification, i have a feeling that it's mostly just that having a thing to force a player to do a big move or tactic can be exciting, especially if its a close battle

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zand posted:

i still bought it too :]

same, i grabbed the humble bundle.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Zand posted:

competitive everything has a timer. from chess to scrabble... and while that isnt a reason or a justification, i have a feeling that it's mostly just that having a thing to force a player to do a big move or tactic can be exciting, especially if its a close battle

baseball confirmed best sport, no timer

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

punk rebel ecks posted:

The timer forces players to attack. That's it.

If you take damage, you HAVE to at least do more damage than what you took or you'll lose to the timer. Logically, this means both players are almost always trying to kill the other.

You may as well ask why winning and losing are in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo_mVOaILqo

someone post that t.hawk vs e.honda st match