Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I feel like this game should already be able to win awards this year.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I hope there's a way to put a rock in stasis in midair, so that we can apply force to it from above, then position ourselves on a plank below that lets us catapult ourselves like a mile away.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's how you get into hyrule castle and beat the game early on.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The most "who gives a gently caress" timeline thing is Triforce Heroes, which is said to be a direct followup to ALBW with the same Link who somehow became a toon between games because reasons.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
And somehow Ganondorf switched clothes and hairstyle between getting arrested in the kid link timeline and his execution in TP,are we to believe this is some sort of MAGIC ganondorf? Hope someone got fired for that.

Bomb arrows should allow for boulders to get massive momentum in stasis so if you shoot exactly under it so it goes straight up and then go to the other end of the plank you should reach the airship early.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Holy gently caress lmao

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Lemming posted:

Holy gently caress lmao

I like the guys expressions while he does it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The most "who gives a gently caress" timeline thing is Triforce Heroes, which is said to be a direct followup to ALBW with the same Link who somehow became a toon between games because reasons.

They need to fire the intern who said that and hire me instead.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

pentyne posted:

So is it worth getting Hyrule Warriors for the Wii U? The differences between the base game and the 3DS Legends version seem like night and day. Is it even fun as a musou game, given that usually 50-75% of the fun in those games is the particular franchise being used.

HyWar is worth it regardlesss. Get it on the Wii U if you have someone to play with; the 3DS version is a better single-player experience (and doesn't have multiplayer at all).

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Um, are you sure about that? You don't play as the Link from ALBW in Triforce Heroes.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Cheez posted:

Um, are you sure about that? You don't play as the Link from ALBW in Triforce Heroes.

According to official word your sure do.

The fans still care way more about the continuity of the games than the team does, obviously. And I think that's fine, honestly. Fans usually care more about things than the creators. I just wish Nintendo would stop giving out half-hearted answers to things like this and just ignore it entirely.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
You don't play as Link at all in TriForce Heroes. You're three style-savvy heroes that just happen to look like link.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Nintendo's word on the subject is wonderfully contradictory: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Tri-Force-Heroes-1026135.html#Q_A

quote:

Where does The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes fall in the series' timeline?

The game takes place several years after A Link Between Worlds and features the same hero. Certain events bring him to the kingdom of Hytopia, where he dresses as he does in order to hide his heroic origins. There’s no telling where the other hero candidates come from, but the player character you control is the true Hyrulian hero from A Link Between Worlds. If you aren’t familiar with what he was up to in A Link Between Worlds, I’d definitely recommend giving it a play.

What happened to the purple Link from The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures?

The purple Link from Four Swords Adventures was one of the Link clones created by the power of the Four Sword itself. The three main characters of this game, meanwhile, are “hero candidates” different from Link himself.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm pretty sure the ending of Tri-Force heroes is that it turns out your fake link was the ALBW one all along and that's why everything worked out at the end. As for why he turned out to be a toon? it's a loving videogame with a different art style, christ.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm pretty sure the ending of Tri-Force heroes is that it turns out your fake link was the ALBW one all along and that's why everything worked out at the end. As for why he turned out to be a toon? it's a loving videogame with a different art style, christ.

That's silly. But you know what else is silly, but also loving rad?

This.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Link Simulator™ is shaping up to be a great game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought the art style was the same

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
A few days ago I started replaying LttP (on Wii VC) for the first time in years, and I was surprised at how much I had never known or had forgotten. For example, I never knew that it was possible to get the Magic Cape without the Titan's Mitt or that you can actually get the 3rd bottle very early in the game, and I had forgotten how much of the Dark World is closed off to you until you have the Hammer and then the Hookshot. I finished the Dark Palace and I'm going to do the water one next, but if it will let me I'm going to go get the Titan's Mitt right after that because that's another item that opens up a lot of heart pieces and paths that weren't available before.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Glad to see people excited for Havok physics again.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

s.i.r.e. posted:

Glad to see people excited for Havok physics again.

Thank you for caring about me :)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I for one am glad an official timeline exists, because we no longer have to contend with fan-timelines.

I'm pretty sure the only ones salty about it were the ones who had their favorite timeline invalidated.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mabels big day posted:

They need to fire the intern who said that and hire me instead.

They need to fire Aonuma and promote the intern.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Then what's the point of the one guy who looks like the ALBW model?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MNLUju3CUY

Catapult man finds something real good near the temple of time

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MNLUju3CUY

Catapult man finds something real good near the temple of time

The interesting thing is that BotW has a temple of time that doesn't seem nearly as dilapidated as the one in TP.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

bman in 2288 posted:

That's silly. But you know what else is silly, but also loving rad?

This.

Many hours will be lost on just finding various ways to launch Link. I'll completely forget what the quest was supposed to be a few hours into it and have no regrets.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Carbon dioxide posted:

The interesting thing is that BotW has a temple of time that doesn't seem nearly as dilapidated as the one in TP.

The temple of time ages in reverse. When it comes time for Hyrule's sun to go Red Giant, the temple of time will be a series of fresh stacks of lumber and pallets of pristine new stone bricks.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiAAJQ6ZMdY

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nice.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

I guess this confirms there's literally nothing you can't climb as long as you have the stamina. Holy poo poo. :aaaaa:

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Rime posted:

I guess this confirms there's literally nothing you can't climb as long as you have the stamina. Holy poo poo. :aaaaa:

I really hope we get a hookshot or two.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

frodnonnag posted:

I really hope we get a hookshot or two.

I still preferred the duel clawshots.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
gently caress it, give us app the items that ever appeared in any Zelda. Roc cape, the seasons harp, the hookshot that switches you with blocks, cane of byrnia or whatever, all of them give us all of them

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rime posted:

There are some smooth walls you specifically can't, but I think those are largely confined to the shrines from what we know at this point

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

pentyne posted:

I still preferred the duel clawshots.

Clawshot was restricted in what you could latch to. Hookshots were more of a specific surface thing. I just more want to go point to point on most any surface, being able to hang off the line inbetween spots optional.

Better yet, give me fantasy just cause 3.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 27, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

frodnonnag posted:

Clawshot was restricted in what you could latch to. Hookshots were more of a specific surface thing. I just more want to go point to point on most any surface, being able to hang off the line inbetween spots optional.

Better yet, give me fantasy just cause 3.

Oooo gently caress I hope Link gets a wingsuit.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Interesting detail, someone noticed the BotW Koroks seem to be lifted straight from Wind Waker, at least in appearance.

We've seen four so far, and they match four from the original crew (mask design and body shape).

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

frodnonnag posted:

Considering that you seem to be able to latch onto pretty much anything in the wild, I don't think the designers would place all the same restrictions the Clawshots had. Dual clawshots would own, but what I think I'd like is dual clawshot-whips so that I can Spider-man all over the place. Activate slow-mo at the highest point of a swing to let us latch onto the next spot.

Of course, from what we've seen, there aren't really a lot of areas with walls on both sides at just the right distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

coffeecup posted:

Interesting detail, someone noticed the BotW Koroks seem to be lifted straight from Wind Waker, at least in appearance.

We've seen four so far, and they match four from the original crew (mask design and body shape).

I'm sure that has nothing at all to do with Wind Waker HD being built on the same engine as an early test demo, leaving them with all the assets from it.