Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I do believe that man just picked up poo poo and ate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
A graphic metaphor for what the Golden State Warriors did. A true performance artist.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If Jordan was as good as LeBron, he would have never been eliminated in the first round.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
That wasn't Jordan but God In The Form Of Michael Jordan who was eliminated in the first round by the Boston Celtics.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Has Lebron's team only really ever been favored one time going into the Finals?

That's kind of crazy

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Ross Angeles posted:

Has Lebron's team only really ever been favored one time going into the Finals?

That's kind of crazy

Yeah, and they were probably right each time except The Thunder matchup where I think people were still thinking of the Mavericks meltdown on top of KD's first season where you could argue he was better than Lebron.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah, and they were probably right each time except The Thunder matchup where I think people were still thinking of the Mavericks meltdown on top of KD's first season where you could argue he was better than Lebron.
The Thunder were better in the regular season and were much more impressive in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs, especially in the conference finals.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
loving ref not calling that foul :argh:

loving scotty putting Harden on Lebron :negative:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
You could put God on LeBron and he still gets thirty.

You put God shamgod on him and male it fifty.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bigass Moth posted:

You could put God on LeBron and he still gets thirty.

You put God shamgod on him and male it fifty.

Ok. Get a load of this nut, these words don't work

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

EvanTH posted:

It's been argued fairly convincingly that LeBron, as with the Jordan Rules, gets substantially fewer fouls called FOR him because it seems to have very little rebound effect when people slam into him and he keeps freight-training forward. His superhuman athleticism allows him to keep moving through contact and finish a play where a normal human would have been knocked to the ground and had to wait and see if the ref wants to blow the whistle.

Have you ever seen an NBA player collide with a normal sized human like a ref or a fan? They look like a house is falling on them. He shrugs off that kind of contact with no whistle multiple times a game.

Yeah the idea of "enough mass to plow through everything in the way" is just not a thing I can accept as any kind of athleticism. I don't know anything about Jordan Rules at all. Like I said I just have the wrong mindset for this.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Are you using the fact that LeBron is 6'8 250+ against him? Should he thin out like Durant before next season?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mehrunes posted:

Yeah the idea of "enough mass to plow through everything in the way" is just not a thing I can accept as any kind of athleticism. I don't know anything about Jordan Rules at all. Like I said I just have the wrong mindset for this.

So what exactly do you consider athleticism if big, strong, and fast are not any kind?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
The ability to run behind a bigger guy to be a wall for you quicker than your defender, duh. Team game bruh.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Mehrunes posted:

Ohhh sorry, fell into jargon there. The "Jordan Rules" is a phrase referring specifically to the Detroit Pistons defensive strategy against Michael Jordan when they met him in the playoffs in the late 80s/early 90s, and more generally to a defensive strategy of trying to beat the heck out of the best player on the opposing team. It's not an enforced a set of rules as much as it is a principle of "this guy is real darn good and normal defense isn't going to work so we're going to punch, elbow and kick him as much as possible knowing that a ref will not be willing to call 8 fouls per possession." The game gets more difficult once people recognize you're the best on the court they do everything they can to make your life hard. The Warriors targeted LeBron and the Cavs targeted Curry, it's standard stuff. It's to say that LeBron isn't necessarily initiating the borderline-illegal contact but is ready to push through it when it's thrown at him.

Also hah yeah I mean what's your definition of athleticism if bigger, stronger, faster and better-coordinated isn't it? He's beating the game at the highest difficulty setting.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lebron is not super athletic, he's just bigger, stronger, and faster than all of his contemporaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

Lebron is not super athletic, he's just bigger, stronger, and faster than all of his contemporaries.

And jumps higher. But other than that, he's kind of a stiff.

• Locked thread