Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Woo. Got QGJ to Gear Level 9 and Rey to 6*. My Damage for the Rancor gained at least 150k from that. Awesome, QGJ and Rey are so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Up to 500k with obiwan/rey/gs/qgj/phasma

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Woo! Just got Gear Level 10 QGJ. Is that the highest he can go right now?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I am in need of some higher level allies to help me through LS/DS/Can missions. Friend code for any lvl 80s with a free spot on their friends list and in their heart:

293-646-545

*Nevermind, I see the OP was edited... And, if someone could point me to an in depth guide for fighting the Rancor f2p. I'd like to pull more weight in the guild, and I've heard some basic advice, but not instructions on ability order and such.

WerrWaaa fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 26, 2016

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

iGestalt posted:

Woo! Just got Gear Level 10 QGJ. Is that the highest he can go right now?

Nope, QGJ goes to 11.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Nope, QGJ goes to 11.

Yup! I just got mine there. He and Rey are my two maxed characters omegas and all. Feels good.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Tagichatn posted:

Nope, QGJ goes to 11.

I read this in spinal tap style, "but our Qui Gon goes to 11" :metal:

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
I've seemingly hit a brick wall in progress on getting my characters to gear level 9. Basically I think I need something like 300 mk5 Fusion furnace shards, and 300 mk5 droid callers and that's to get 8 different characters to gear level 9. After 6 tier 5, & 3 tier 4 raids I am the proud owner of 24 fusion furnace parts, and 0 droid caller parts :suicide:. This is going to take months, I see some other players in arena with gear level 10 QGJ, 10 GS, 9 RG, 10 LU, and a 9 rey, and I'm simply stumped as to how they've got so much stuff. Are they burning through crystals to get them? or are they in a guild that is all lvl80s with 7* teams rolling t6/heroic every couple of days?. I've currently got nightsister initiate and yoda at gear level 9 and that's only because niether required a piece of gear that was raid only :sigh:.

At least I have 600 MkV sorosub keypads I guess :confuoot:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rocket_Magnet posted:

I've seemingly hit a brick wall in progress on getting my characters to gear level 9. Basically I think I need something like 300 mk5 Fusion furnace shards, and 300 mk5 droid callers and that's to get 8 different characters to gear level 9. After 6 tier 5, & 3 tier 4 raids I am the proud owner of 24 fusion furnace parts, and 0 droid caller parts :suicide:. This is going to take months, I see some other players in arena with gear level 10 QGJ, 10 GS, 9 RG, 10 LU, and a 9 rey, and I'm simply stumped as to how they've got so much stuff. Are they burning through crystals to get them? or are they in a guild that is all lvl80s with 7* teams rolling t6/heroic every couple of days?. I've currently got nightsister initiate and yoda at gear level 9 and that's only because niether required a piece of gear that was raid only :sigh:.

At least I have 600 MkV sorosub keypads I guess :confuoot:

There are a few things going on -- some people, like myself, had about a day's notice that Droid Callers and Furnaces were going to have unobtainable gear added to them -- and we precrafted some. I was unable to make any Furnaces in time, but I did make 5 Droid Callers, and as such, still have 2 left. I'm sure some people were able to make 3-4 each, and this is ridiculously unfair. I had a huge advantage. Over time, this advantage has decreased, but, it's still there in the arena crystals I earned thanks to that advantage -- and their response has basically been "we messed up, won't do it again, here, you can buy them in shipments now for crystals so this isn't really a problem so much as an opportunity for us to make more money."

So, now you have people with pre-crafted gear earning crystals faster, and therefore more able to buy raid gear in shipments without spending money, and they're able to earn raid gear faster because they already have raid gear. It's pretty BS, and that's said as someone who took advantage of the bs.

As far as advice goes, basically just go wider on your character selection. Focus on building squads of good teams. IGD is making good progress on raids, we clear T6 basically every other day, but even still getting gear is slow. So, I've been very focused on putting raid gear towards my arena squad only, and then putting energy into bringing my other teams up to G8 (or 9 when raid gear isn't needed).

Also, I save up crystals, and will buy a furnace or scanner if I ever see one (I haven't since I saved up enough crystals).

e: Hey people in IGD, our first raid in July will be a T7. Get Ready. Finish getting anyone you need to 7* level 80. Let's do it.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 27, 2016

Number Muncher
Dec 21, 2005

xyigx posted:

Hmm I will have to give Andy OS a try since my bluestacks decided to commit suicide. Oddly it still works flawlessly on my gf's copy of bluestacks.

I actually downgraded to a previous version of bluestacks that fixed all of my issues.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

e: Hey people in IGD, our first raid in July will be a T7. Get Ready. Finish getting anyone you need to 7* level 80. Let's do it.

I'd like to just add, we're gonna need to be careful with the attacks on this one. Right now we have several guys who blow their wad against the p1 wall and are happy getting 15k damage or whatever instead of waiting for the Rancor, which is fine because we get refreshes and have more than enough firepower to compensate later on. We won't have that luxury in the Heroic since dead is dead, so we REALLY only need a few select people to do p1 with optimal teams. It's very important that we save enough worthwhile teams to finish the raid off, or we could stall out, so for the "weaker" members of the guild I'd recommend sitting back and saving your 7*s to throw at p4 where it seems like most guilds have the issues. I think we're strong enough now to do this, but only if everyone plays smart. I'll probably just sit out p1 at the expense of some damage just so I'll have strong teams to whomp the Rancor and leave the pigs to our most efficient guys.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

I'd like to just add, we're gonna need to be careful with the attacks on this one. Right now we have several guys who blow their wad against the p1 wall and are happy getting 15k damage or whatever instead of waiting for the Rancor, which is fine because we get refreshes and have more than enough firepower to compensate later on. We won't have that luxury in the Heroic since dead is dead, so we REALLY only need a few select people to do p1 with optimal teams. It's very important that we save enough worthwhile teams to finish the raid off, or we could stall out, so for the "weaker" members of the guild I'd recommend sitting back and saving your 7*s to throw at p4 where it seems like most guilds have the issues. I think we're strong enough now to do this, but only if everyone plays smart. I'll probably just sit out p1 at the expense of some damage just so I'll have strong teams to whomp the Rancor and leave the pigs to our most efficient guys.

This.

I don't really want to take the time to organize who is attacking and whatnot, but I'm inclined to say that for P1, we should really only have one person attacking at a time. I think that either king tramp or wrath (oops wrong forum -- just now realized this was you) have the most efficient team comps for P1. I'm right in there as well, but, my Ewok Elder won't be 7* when we kick this off, so, I'm going to have to try something else in that 5th slot. I think Tag should plan to spread his damage across P2, P3, and P4. He's our biggest damage dealer, and we've got people that can beat P1 just fine. Tag should take P1. He might be able to do it in one attack, so let him try with his crazy Rex team comp, and then we'll have people fill in as needed. So, Friday/Saturday, Tag, what is the best time tos tart this attack?

I think you should avoid using Rey/Phasma in P1. They are best in P2/P3 when Rey can use her triple attack on a stunned rancor, and likewise with Phasma's bonus attacks. If you're used to doing P1 with those guys, try our next raid without it. We need to stretch our damage as far as possible, and I think you get more damage efficiency out of them in P2/P3.

We also need to save people's Teebo comps for P4. If Wrath/Tramp can take down P1, I will save mine for P4.

Don't forget that you can retreat if RNG fucks you. Make sure you get optimal damage out of your run. Don't just auto through.

I'm guessing T7 has a 40% escape chance. If you don't get someone out that you need, don't forget that you can hit retreat and try again.

Also, I intend to kick off a T6 tomorrow (or have someone do it). We'll then either have enough coins to kick off our T7 on Friday or Saturday. Oops/King, I want to know the best time for a raid for you two.

e: Also, we had 7 people produce 0 guild coins yesterday, which means they didn't log in. I know at least one of those hasn't been producing guild coins lately, and I've been intending to kick him out and replace him (hixalot). I feel like I've seen less from PyronicEX/ProtonDecay lately, but I forgot to check over the weekend (I was out of town). If you want in to IGD, let me know. We are about to try T7, so it would be good if you have at least one team of 7*s. More would be preferable. Avail, Avynt, Buda, Dubious are also all at 0. I'll be watching this pretty closely this week as we are trying at T7 Friday or Saturday...

One more note. When we get down to below 50% in P4 on our T7, scan down the list. Let's make sure everyone that can attack has the chance to attack on this one. Make sure it has been at least 24 hours before we finish this one off. I know there's the race to the top of the damage list, but I want everyone to get some raid loot.

edited post lots.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 28, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Speaking of raid loot - did anyone else in IGD not get anything from the latest raid? poo poo's vanished :(

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Speaking of raid loot - did anyone else in IGD not get anything from the latest raid? poo poo's vanished :(

Whenever I don't get raid loot, I force-close app, then open it. Works Every. Single. Time.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Whenever I don't get raid loot, I force-close app, then open it. Works Every. Single. Time.

Going to give that a try!
Worked! Thank you!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Going to give that a try!
Worked! Thank you!

Adding this to OP on raids. I've mentioned it a few times in game, but not sure if I've ever posted it. I have a hard time getting raid loot without doing that.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Jerkface posted:

I actually just switched to Andy OS instead. I played around with genymotion for a bit but then realized that it doesn't have native google app support and getting the 6.0 open google apps package to work was getting to be a pain in the rear end.

Andy OS so far I'm liking it more than Blue Stacks

Guess I'll have to get Andy OS as well.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Speaking of force closing, I'd like to suggest that everyone force close their app prior to participating in the t7 raid, since the in-game chat stops responding well after a while. I know you can get around it by typing something in, but I think it's better to keep down the spam of people typing "." or whatever.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Tag should take P1. He might be able to do it in one attack, so let him try with his crazy Rex team comp, and then we'll have people fill in as needed. So, Friday/Saturday, Tag, what is the best time tos tart this attack?

The regular time, 9-10am PST is fine.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

The regular time, 9-10am PST is fine.

Great. Don't know if we will have enough on Friday, but I will post in game and here that I'm starting it if we do.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Hello I would like to gain piles of credits.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
You guys want to provide some rancor tips or what?

Which toons with which? Which as leaders? Etc

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

My understanding is that t7 rancor has less health but more tenacity, so a lot of the TM strategy becomes a diceroll and you basically just have to throw bodies at the drat thing.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

You guys want to provide some rancor tips or what?

Which toons with which? Which as leaders? Etc

I like to run Phasma, Fives, QGJ, Rey, Lumi for P2/P3 because you can get an absurd amount of damage in while the door is down. If the door is at like 50% I will use one of my shittier teams to get the door to full. For this, I would probably plan to make one attack at P2, and one at P3, saving as many as you can when he gets ready to eat people.

The other door team I really like is Ackbar, Poggle, Luke, Pilot (or dps), healer. I intentionally don't run other Rebels here (including Leia) because I want to trigger Luke's basic as much as possible while the door is down. This will probably be less good at T7, but with guaranteed crit, you can land a lot of DoTs and get a lot of damage in from that. I like Pilot for the expose chance, but a support or another DPS works well there too (supports that can trigger Luke, anyways).

E: Also, Leia is bad at raids. Her damage comes from multi-attacks, which means Rancor will get more TM. If the door is down, her triggered extra crit chance for everyone else doesn't do very much. I think she'll be a good Rey replacement for T1 DPS though (since you want Rey for P2/P3)

Update: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50063/game-update-6-28-2016

EA_Jesse posted:

Characters
Jedi Knight Anakin is the daily login character for July.
Geonosian spy has been added to the game, and will be available via the Aurodium pack on June 30th
Tusken Shaman is available once again in Chromium Packs.
Character shards for Dengar are now available in the Guild Store.
General
The Profit Mining event has been removed.
The MK 5 Arakyd Droid Caller will no longer appear in Shipments.
The MK 7 Nubian Security Scanner now has a chance to appear in Shipments.
Chewbacca’s Wookiee Rage ability now displays more information when he has the Maximum Health increase buff.
Events
The Credit Heist event is a new type of event that will appear on a random weekday. The first day of this event will start on June 29th. Here are some details on the event:
There is a level 50 and a level 70 version
Requires 5 Scoundrels
Each version (level 50 and 70) may be completed twice for free. 150k credits for each level 50 completion, and 350k credits for each level 70 completion.
The event will run for 15 hours each time it appears.

note: It doesn't specifically say that Anakin has been changed, but in game it tells you he has been updated

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 29, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

This isn't really specific to Anakin but Greedo-led Lando's consecutive double downs crit for 14k

heck 15% lifesteal is doing work too

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So, JKA report:

His old special had an on kill effect so the AI never used it unless an enemy was near death. New special does not yet they did not bother changing his AI script it so he still won´t use it if everyone is full health, making him a liability on auto/arena defense.

Advantage on dodge: sure, unless the next attack is dodged again. Instead of the advantage refreshing itself, it just fizzles. GG.

Summary: whipped up by a bored intern in an afternoon and completely untested.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've had an invite to GGA since the weekend but it's always 50/50 so I can't join. Do people get kicked at the end of the week and I should just wait?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

KDdidit posted:

I've had an invite to GGA since the weekend but it's always 50/50 so I can't join. Do people get kicked at the end of the week and I should just wait?

I booted someone who hadn't logged on in over two weeks, so you should be good to join now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I managed to save up 6 million credits. I ended up blowing 4 of them on Leveling Mace up to 80 and getting my Scoundrel squad to 60.

Did anyone end up doing the level 70 Scoundrel event and if so how hard was it and how many credits did you get? I could see it being worth it to level up my dudes if the credit payout is good enough.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

You get 350k for each run. It's piss easy for me but I have max gear 7* lando and Greedo, 7* g8 nute and chewie, your mileage will certainly vary.

If I had to recommend exactly one scoundrel his name is lando. Although cad is supposedly better for raids.

It's 700k/week if you never miss the event, it will pay off eventually I guess but if you have to give up heroes you'd rather have it could be a big wait before you get a return on investment. Luckily lando is also a rebel.

kaschei fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 29, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kaschei posted:

You get 350k for each run. It's piss easy for me but I have max gear 7* lando and Greedo, 7* g8 nute and chewie, your mileage will certainly vary.

If I had to recommend exactly one scoundrel his name is lando. Although cad is supposedly better for raids.

It's 700k/week if you never miss the event, it will pay off eventually I guess but if you have to give up heroes you'd rather have it could be a big wait before you get a return on investment. Luckily lando is also a rebel.

Hmm I could see that paying off eventually. I might just start gearing a few of these dudes up. My Lando is pretty low though as I haven't been spending any time with him.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So yesterday I upgraded my JKA to G11, crossing the 38000 power total for my 5 most ´powerful´ characters and today my final GW fight was this:

I think I broke the game.

edit: I didn´t, it´s happening to many people.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 30, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Mr. Neutron posted:

So yesterday I upgraded my JKA to G11, crossing the 38000 power total for my 5 most ´powerful´ characters and today my final GW fight was this:

I think I broke the game.

edit: I didn´t, it´s happening to many people.

Same thing happened to me with the last node being a joke although I had some harder than normal nodes mixed in.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Well the previous patch did say they made GW easier so I'm not complaining. It was a chore to do GW when you were facing 7* level 80 teams from like node 4 onwards.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

rocket_Magnet posted:

Well the previous patch did say they made GW easier so I'm not complaining. It was a chore to do GW when you were facing 7* level 80 teams from like node 4 onwards.

Yes, and it was indeed much better, until today when something broke. Nodes 6 - 11 were just like old GW today - meta murder teams and 12 was, well, you see the picture. Can´t imagine it´s intended.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 30, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Their code is a dumpster fire, it's very difficult for them to change one thing without breaking another. Also they probably have no version control.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

They must have some kind of version control that keeps bringing back old bugs

Not relevant to that but if lando has, say, his hidden double down buff and crit chance up, and qgj tries to dispel, lando loses critup but qgj's team doesn't get offense up

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Got to second to last GW node today, total robot death squad (lvl 80 & 7*), took out my A and B teams.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUBFRIES posted:

Got to second to last GW node today, total robot death squad (lvl 80 & 7*), took out my A and B teams.

I've had 3 level 80 death squads on my to the final node so far. This might be the first GW I won't be able to finish in a long rear end time.

I've already lost my A and C teams on this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Working as intended...

:bang:

Yeah I don't think today is gonna happen.