Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
A lady teacher!

Hmm.

Ex-priest. I think this story has some tragedy to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Fuxing awakens to a hectic morning where a fellow fire priest sister frantically knocking on her door while shouting, “Wake up, Fuxing! Wake up! The children are in trouble!”

Hearing the last sentence makes Fuxing jumps off the bed and slide open the door without adjusting her clothing. At the other side of the door is Sister Xiaoxi, she is anxious and didn’t have her makeup on.

“What happened?” Fuxing asked warily.

Xioxi holds Fuxing’s hand with tears forming in her eyes, “Oh, dear sister Fuxing, the children had gone too far with their game!”

Fuxing’s grips on Sister Xiaoxi’s hand tightens as she asks, “What did they do?” Images of Little Siew’s words last night replays clearly in her head: “… We are going to have another test of courage game at the Hallway of Fire God!“

“What happened!?” Fuxing repeats her question louder and with greater concern.

“They…” Xioxi answers hesitantly, “They saw the face of the Fire God.”

Blood drains from the whitening face of Fuxing. What!? How!? There’s so many question running through her mind and she just process and act at all.

“Sister Fuxing! Sister Fuxing!” Xioxi called to her stunned sister.

Fuxing’s iris refocuses back to reality and see the teary Xioxi continues, “The Fire God has declared their execution as sacrifice for their crime!”

The shocking revelation of the cruel punishment caused Fuxing to faint.

------------------------------------

When Fuxing come to her sense on her bed, it seems several hours has passed judging from the burned out candle, which mean it is now night hours. No one else is in the room besides her. She quickly recalled what happened this morning, and tries to denies it as merely a bad dream, but the letter left by Xioxi refuted her denial:

pre:
Dear Sister Fuxing,
	It is unfortunate that it has come to this for the children, but what I said is true. 
        In their game of courage that become a game of Dare, 
        the devious group of children distracted the guards from the Fire God
        and ventured into its sanctum to prove their foolish bravery by witnessing the true face of our Fire God.
        I must comment their extraordinary effort to succeed at such task, 
        for it through the carelessness of our Fire God or great fortune of luck on the children side. 
        It's saddening that such feat earned their execution in three days times.
        They are currently imprisoned in the temple prison with no visitor allowed 
        lest they reveal the true appearance of the Fire God to anyone.

Forgives me for not able to tell you this in person, 
        for it is hard for me to even write this letter with an aching heart. 
        May the Fire Lord have mercy on these children’s departure from life. 
        May their soul find warm and forgiveness in the fire of heaven.

Yours truly,
	                                                            Sister Xioxi

The letter is crushed and burned in the fiery hand of Fuxing. Her grief brought forth the anger at those foolish children. Her body shakes uncontrollably at the thought of these children dying and at the thought of pleading to the Fire God for mercy, she rushes out toward the Hallway to the Fire God.

Running down the empty hallway that is devoid of the usual children playing only reinforced Fuxing sadness. Arriving at the grandiose silver and gold door fills with carving of flowery fire patterns dedicated to the Fire God, Fuxing plead to the door guards to let me speak with the Fire God. They remind silent and didn’t even look at Fuxing, for she is not worth to talk nor look upon. It’s also a policy to prevent secrets of the Fire God from leaking. The incessantly begging and bargaining by Fuxing finally annoyed one of the guard enough to make him push her to the ground with a stern warning without making eye contact. “Do not disturb the Fire God. This is your final warning.”

Sobbing quietly on the ground, Fuxing only stood back up when a passing fire priest help her up and took her back to her room. When her tears run dry, depression claimed her for the rest of the night. Xioxi brought her food, but she leaves it on the table. Like a doll without string, she stared at the unfinished red cloth she made for Kriling.

“Those children must be scared and lonely in the prison.” Fuxing thought at one point. That single thought brought her into a single conviction: All these children doesn't deserve such fate! She must rescue these children and escape with them! Her heart become calm at the acceptance of this heretical plan, and she started eating the food on her table. She must plan and be ready! For the happiness of these children, she must succeed!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 9, 2016

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Now to see her skills!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Wentley posted:

Now to see her skills!
Oh, I got a list for you! :v:

--------------------------------
Ex-Priest of Fire, Silk Seller Fuxing (Part Dusk)

Fuxing reviews the map of the Fire Temple. It’s quite a simple layout with the Fire God situated in the center while its servants dwell at the sides. All building is colored after different phase of the fire and the priest are placed in accordance to their symbolic rank. As a High Priest of Fire, Fuxing can’t venture into the Yellow building where only special guards and Acolyte of the Fire God are allowed. The children are held in the sacrificial prison under one of those two yellow building – A symbol of golden flames who support the Red flame of our Fire God. The white flame of Fuxing is no match for those of the Acolyte, but fortunately, they gather and spent the night in the Palace of Fire God a day before the sacrifice begin. The Priest Guards (Named for their role in guarding priest) are highly capable servant chosen for their kung fu prowess, but not verses in daoist sorcery, which gives Fuxing the needed advantage to bypass them.

Time is of the essence, Fuxing only have time to perform five actions before she ventures into the children prison at the wee hours. It’s possible for everything to go smoothly without detection, but only the most fortunate occurrence would lead to such outcome. Fortunately, Fuxing achieved the rank of High Priest, which is no small feat, and is capable of casting all sort of Influences and Curses spell – The secret Arts of Daoist sorcery utilizing the five element (Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water) to influence and affect the fortune of the target! Curses are powered by an emotional Passion (Anger, Joy, Obsession, Grief, Fear) while Influences are powered by Virtuous Inspiration (Worldliness, Contemplation, Fidelity, Propriety, Balance)!

*Votes FIVE of the following actions, you can vote the same choice multiple times for different target.

*One target per spell.

* I will apply the vote result retroactively in the best possible way.

Influences Spells:
A) Bravery Escapee Influence (Wood): Seeing and wearing the red cloth sewed by the benevolence (Worldliness) Fuxing greatly inspires the children to live and seek ways to survive!
B) Savior of Children Influence (Fire): Fuxing’s heretical act are righteous (Contemplation) and nothing will deter her determination to the extremity!
C) Heart of Gold Influence (Earth): Fuxing remains faithful (Fidelity) to her plan, making her become more careful in her execution.
D) Proper Resting Influence (Metal): It is good and proper (Propriety) for the Priest Guard to do his job, but resting one’s body properly is an important of doing the job. Seek a resting spot lazily neglect thy duties for a while.
E) Stationary Duty Influence (Water): Each Priest Guard are tasked with their respective spot to guard. It’s bad to leave your station to catch after the intruders. Let the other guards take care of it lest thy leg trips and fall into embarrassment!
F) Write-in.

Curses Spell:

G) Ill Burning Curse (Wood): Fuxing anger (Anger) for the Fire Lord manifest into sickness! Its subjects gather at its bedside and leave fewer guards in the temple! (Note: Cursing the Fire God requires a very high roll to succeed and very likely to be detected)
H) Treasonous Tongue Curse (Fire): Make the joyful recently-promoted Priest Guard blurt out the location of the children!
H2) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Curse (Earth): The excessive dedication (Obsession) of the Priest Guard cause him to constantly look at the noise that the mouse at the eastern wall made. It bothers him greatly if he doesn’t turn to look at the noise of the mouse to make sure it is not an intruder! The rat is quite noisy tonight and drawing the vigilant guard’s constant attention!
I) Fading Beloved Curse (Metal): The Priest Guard enjoys the sight of the children playing at the Hallway to the Fire God. It helps to reliefs his boredom at times, and losing them now makes him sympatric to Fuxing cause!
J) God Fearing Curse (Water): Fuxing fear (Fear) of the Fire God discovering her ploy is so strong that it can power a curse on the Fire God to prevent their meeting. (Note: Same warning as above)
K) Write-in.

Mundane Action/Secret Art:
L) Craft a Bad Fortune Talisman to ward off ill will and bad fortune once.
M) You have made copies of the golden buildings’ key. (Otherwise you have to steal the key on the mission or try to sneak in)
N) Craft a Fox-Warding Talisman to ward off a curse once or use it in battle to inflict a weakness type curse or influence on target.
O) Plan a Geomantic Formation trap at a certain location (select from map) to trap your foe inside a puzzling geomantic pattern that is difficult to escape.
P) Tiger-Warding Wood Inflection: Cast a spell to increase survivability in the wild. Useful for traveling the wild with a group of children.
Q) Write-in.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 12, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
CGMNO!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 10, 2016

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
DEHIO

Make a senior guard go to sleep
Make another guard too lazy to intervene
Make a newbie guard sympathetic to our cause and also more likely to help us with the escape, telling us where they are being kept.
Finally make a Geometric Trap for when we inevitably get chased by whoever is left!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
C: Careful planning.

G: gently caress YOU!
G: I reiterate.

M: Keys, super useful

P: Plan for success

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Oh no, I have two H!

Changed one of it to H2.

Looks like this''s all I will get, so I will end this tomorrow unless someone need more time.

In the meantime, I will write some Dr. Bone.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

DEHIO

Make a newbie guard sympathetic to our cause and also more likely to help us with the escape, telling us where they are being kept.
Finally make a Geometric Trap for when we inevitably get chased by whoever is left!

This has my support.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!

DEHIO

This works for me.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

DEHIO

This sounds hilarious, actually. Its not just amusing, but I can see the synergy of the pieces.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It is the darkest hour of the night, everyone besides the guard are asleep - A wonderful weakness of human being. Now is the time for Fuxing to infiltrate one of the two golden buildings that held the children, but which one? These buildings are off limits to the High Priest, and their Fung Shui geometry are suitably designed to house prisoners and other sacred ceremonies. There could be some other natural Bagua diagram advantage patterns that makes the Fire God to place them all in one place… Or maybe disadvantage patterns for the prisoners? That would make both buildings equally viable candidates for imprisoning a group of children… Bah, she is no scholar, and don’t have time to figure out the plausible building! There’s only one swift way to dealt with this!

Fuxing stares out the bamboo window of her High Priest Building, each golden building has one guard for its entrance. Both guards seem to be green, but the one at the right is a newbie who was recently promoted. The fire in his heart might still burns for his fellow priests as brightly as the Fire God, so he shall be the target for her Paired Curse Technique!

Channeling her intense emotion in front of the candle of vigorous fire on the table, Fuxing pours it all through the little fire with incantations - A spoken order to the natural world:

“In accordance with the statutes and ordinances of the Fire God,
I bid the spirit of treasons to gather around at this darkest hour,
I bin thee all to follow the smoke of this candle to seek your host,
May my beloved feeling for the children become the bridge,
May your mischief strike true!”

Fuxing gently blew off the fire on the candle, and the extinguished fire taken a new form within the air – A smoke of darkness that flew with the wind out of the bamboo window, and slowly dissipating on its path to the guard. Will the smoke be strong enough to carry the curse all the way to the guard? Was Fuxing’s feeling strong enough to reach the guard?

--------------------------------

“ACHOO!” Lia Ki, the special guard of the right gold building sneezed from a foul smelled air that he inhaled. It smelled twice as bad as Fatty Huang’s late night spoiled Bok Choi exhaust! Wuweeee! Speaking of Fatty Huang, it sure reminded him of that obese little kid that always liked to eat his meal in front of him just to make him hungry! “drat that kid!” Lia yelled passionately with unfounded joy that surprised him, which he quickly quieted down. However, It wasn’t due to him being noisy as the buildings are too far apart to heard each other than his fellow guards in the comfortable and warm building behind him, no, it is because he feels bad for the kid who’s finally facing his own karma in the prison. That kid doesn’t deserve such a strong retribution of karma from heaven, and certainly not for the other nicer children! Ahh, sorrow now fills his heart at this darkest hour, but he’s sure he will recover from this soon enough, for his loyalty to the Fire God is im-

A High Priest in high quality dark red silk approaches Lia, she has the mark of the High Priest sewed on her robe. “Ahh, my dear vigilant guard of the Fire God.” She bows in a respectful secret gesture of fire that proves she is one of the temple’s member.

Lia bows back courteously and ask, “Greetings, and why does a prestige High Priest of Fire such as you strolling at this dark hours?” He was shocked when the High Priest suddenly begun to weep! “Please cease your sorrow, my fair priest! What is the cause of this weeping!?”

The High Priest wiped her tear and explain sobbingly, “My name is Fuxing, a High Priest who enjoys making new clothes for the children. For they are precious like my own.”

Lia sigh understandingly. “I too, wishes this fate would not had happened to these wonderful children.” He feels a strong conviction to help this woman and stated bravely, “If you need any help passing some playthings or food to them… I could try convincing the guard at the other building to let me through.”

The sorrowful Fuxing shakes her head as if disappointed at something. She says with a sudden seriousness, “I must do more for them!” She begged, “Please! Help me save them!”

A feeling of worries is welling up in Lia, but the overwhelming feeling for the children’s plight washes over his kind heart, so he asks, “How? Surely you know the Fire God would not change his mind!”

Fuxing holds one of Lia’s hand with both of hers and lift it to eyes level as she leans closer in desperate whisper, “I will risk my life to rescue the children and escape!”

A feeling of awe and fear courses through Lia. A prison break to free the children!? Going against the Fire God!? This is woman is mad! Yet, it is the only possible plan for these children to survives and he is sympathetic of her cause. Foolishly dangerous as it is, he can’t help but mutters, “I-I can’t… I value my life more…”

The grips on Lia’s hand tightened from the clear distress of Fuxing, but she states calmingly, “It’s fine, I alone shall attempt this treacherous deed, and what I ask of you are quite simple.”

Lia made a slight breath of relief and feels more courageous at this ‘simple’ task, he asks, “What can I do?”

Fuxing released his hand and back away appreciatively, the sorrowful face of her turns into a brightening smile, but hidden away from her thankful bow, “Thank you, kind guard. All I ask of you is to look the other way when you see my deeds, but if the alarm is sound and I am caught, you can proceed with your duty.” Lia nods at this as it is practically effortless on his part. “However,” Fuxing looks up with determinate eyes, “If I am under pursuit, please rush toward the High Priest Building of the Hallway of Fire God and pretend to deters me.”

Lia thoughts about the last part for a moment, he didn’t see a problem with that, so he nodded. Hopefully it won’t come to that.

“Thank you once again, kind guard.” Fuxing said before her crimson figures disappeared into the darkness.

Quietly muttering to himself as the turns toward to stares at the other direction, Lia says, “Thank you for saving the children.”

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I am curious about this fire god and his people, for sure.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The left wing golden building is quiet like others in this hour of slumber. Fuxing sneaked down the side of the building and peep into the golden bamboo window of the building to sees two more guards within. One remain vigilance with darkening eye circle while the other is taking his napping shift. The guard almost spotted Fuxing when he senses a sound of something coming through the window. These guard are truly the elite at their task! Thankfully, Fuxing have enough time to create some more influence spells on these man.

For the next hour and a half, Fuxing hid behind the wall that’s covered by a large bush and begin making silent finger gestures. First she held both hand together vertically to symbolize heaven and earth, then she raises a thumb from her upper hand to points at the awake guard and a pinky finger on her right points at the napping man, maintaining at this gesture, she begins ‘cloud writing’ on the wall with characters of the natural world as if there is a paper talisman. After a difficult scribing of the spell, Fuxing spin her hands upside down at a complete 180 degrees for the thumb to point toward the earth to signify the falling of heaven and the anchor of rising earth upon these two victims!

------------------------------------------------

Vigilant kong has been feeling uneasy since the weird sound he heard a while ago. He asked the door guard to check it out, but he found nothing. Has he gone paranoid from the lack of proper sleep? Maybe it would sate his worries if he gone out to check the surrounding just in ca-

A sudden and powerful yawn overcomes Kong’s thought and he stretches out lazily. Wow, that felt great, that stretching. He stretches again and make another yawn sleepily. The comfortable natural urges for him to lay down is empowering him to forget what he is planning to do and take a good nap before the black ring on his eyes get worst.

“Heedful Nan, I really need a *yawn* nap, please take over.” Kong slum down on the table and begins his nap without waiting for Nan’s confirmation.

“Already?” The awakened Nan asked, but sees his fellow comrade is already falling into slumber, and there’s point arguing with the senior, so he shrugged and sit up stationary without making much movement. Not long after he lazily stares at Kong’s stupid drooping face, a sudden thumping sound followed by a faint ‘ugh’ from the door guard can be heard. Nan would normally charge out to check out the disturbance, but since he just woken up and it is the only one guarding the room now, it would be best to simply ask “What’s going on out there?”

There was a short moment of silent followed by the guard’s soft reply, “I-I need to go to the bathroom, can you take over?” His shadows on the door fade quickly toward the direction of the bathroom with sounds of running footstep.

“Really? Come on man!” Nan complained, but have no choice but to stand up, which he spent a moment standing stationary for a while to let the blood flow throughout his body before take a slow step to slide open the golden door and stand guard outside. “I am not doing any more than necessary today.” Nan thoughts to himself.

------------------------------------------------
Fuxing manage to make the guard said what she wants with a well place dagger on that man’s neck (after an apologetically powerful and well-placed kick to the man’s family jewel) and knock him out to hid him behind the bush. The setup is complete. She might not be stealthy like a thief, but the spells given her enough of an edge to carefully climbs through the window, found the keys on the senior guard’s waist, and sneak into the prison basement.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The prison basement was slightly deeper than Fuxing expected, but it also means her voice won’t reach the sleeping guard upstairs.

“Sister Fuxing!” Little Siew yelled with joy as her beloved big sister approaches to the children cell. Others also join in the chorus of calling for her name, but was quickly silenced by Fuxing as the combined volume could reach the guard.

“We don’t have much time,” Fuxing said as she unlocks the cell door with the stolen key. “Everyone follow me as quietly as you can.”

Kriling rubs his hands nervously as he asks with wariness, “Where are we going?” His anxiety for some sort of punishment from his big sister can be seen from his innocent expression.

“We are leaving the temple.” Fuxing explained to the shock of everyone.

“Where are we going?” Kriling asked with tears forming in his eyes.

“Somewhere far away.” Fuxing said with some sadness, “Never to return.” Some children begin to cry at the revelation and begged to stay here, which surprised Fuxing. She asks, “Do you not know of your fate in this temple?” They all shakes their head, which makes Fuxing ponders for an explanation. After a while of considering if there’s some sort of trap or what’s not, she concluded that the guards either don’t have to heart to tell the children of their fate or they didn’t bother to reveal it to death inmates and cause them to panic. Fuxing nods to herself, she shouldn’t tell them of their fate until a better time. This is not a good time for them to panic after all. “Come, and quietly.” She gestured everyone to follow, “Else terrible thing will happen to you all.” She looks at the trouble maker Kriling, “Especially you.”

Kriling look up with sad puppy eyes, “I won’t! Not even if l-“

“Please don’t worry!” Little Siew interrupted, “I will keep an eye on him!” She closed one eye to make a solid point. Fuxing nods, smiling at the obedient girl who can be trusted to do well in her task. Without further fanfare, the group of children follows Fuxing obediently up the stairs. She is the nice big sister who makes pretty cloth for them and there’s no reason not to believe her. As they approach the end of the stairway…

“What’s all that footstep I hear!? Who’s downstairs?” The voice of the elder guard shouted down.

Fuxing froze at the voice. How!? The spell should had keep him asleep for another hour or more! Did she make an error in the spell? Some flaw in the inscription? The finger gesture was off? She ran through her mind of the possible flaw in her spell, but the approach footstep of the elder guard followed by his shout, “Answer me! Who’s down there!” Is forcing Fuxing to put that issue aside and focus on dealing with this guard now!

The footstep gets closer. Fuxing frantically motion the children to cover their eyes and ear. The head of the elder guard slowly peeking out at the corner of the entrance.

“Fire Sutra – Fire to Heaven Ascension!”

-------------------
Vigilant kong’s eye have only time to register a giant lump of fire appears out of the darkness at the stairs and propelling straight towards him at amazing speed! He flings himself into a wide backflip to dodge that supposedly ball of fire, but when his land on his legs again, he saw that ball of fire unexpectedly bended like a flowing red silk in the air and changed its trajectory towards him! Wait, I-it’s a person!

“Flying Red Silk – Looking through Destiny!”

A red sword that ripples like the wave of the sea slice a strong blow against Kong, but the experienced elder guard forcefully contour his body to move his vital off the red sword’s path! Blood splatters from the opened wound, but immediately ceased from the searing heat that accompany the shadow of the sword. The guard stumble backward with his weapon drawn to block the monstrous thing that cannot be dodged easily. That fiery form did not give chase and Kong finally sees it:

The assailant has a figure of a woman; it wears the red robe of the high priest. Kong can’t tell who it is, but he can identify the terrifying amount fire chi derivation on this person with its hair now bright red like red silk, as if the life of fire was imbue into every strand of hair, they rose and waved like flickering flames in slow-motion revealing the skin beneath to be darkened as coal. It’s breath smells like ashes and surround by a faint scent of smoke. It is a being that can be compare to the spirit of wrath itself! Such astounding amount of fire chi cultivation! It’s certainly something a high priest of fire would bother to go that far! To gather so much fire chi into one self only means this person is not here to talk!

“What’s going on in there!” Heedful Nan asked from outside the door.

“Intruders! Come help me!” Kong shouted as he receives red flashes of sword strike that makes him feel like he is trapped in a house on fire! He must expand on his defense immediately before the heat overwhelms him!

“Fire Sutra – Fusing Flames!”

Flame cannot burn flame. By keeping the yang energy within one’s self, Kong become a flame as well. His chi aura turns red from the element and can absorb some of the intruder’s fire chi as his own! Truly a technique that embody the principle of fighting fire with fire!

There was a pause of respond from Heedful Nan before he replies, “I stand guard here to make sure there’s no other intruder, and I am sure you can handle it.”

“What!?” Kong can’t believe what he heard! The ever obedience Nan is disobeying his order!?

“Don’t bother.” The intruder said. “He is under my curse to be stagnant and I will spare you if you do the same!”

“Never!” Kong strikes back at the brief moment of offer!

“Eight Legends – Miracle Strikes!”

The counter attack from Kong executes in rapid succession perfectly as he read his opponent’s movement and reacts accordingly! The intruder can’t help but helplessly let the sword cut its body open with wounds, yet no blood bleeds as they are quickly sealed off by the intense heat that is increasing the long this takes. Most fascinating of all is the surrounding objects not getting caught on fire, which illustrate the mastery of controlling fire of this intruder!

“I see; you have mastered the Trigram-Pacing Steps to resist against my priest art!” The intruder commented as she is getting sliced, but in one sudden movement, she volunteer let a non-vital strike go deeper into its body! “Then I shall show you how to surrender!” The declaration baffled Kong until it shouts out its technique.

“Flying Red Silk - Victory in Surrender!”

Resistance is a source of struggle and troubles. Know when to bend like a willow instead of breaking like a pine branch. Kong’s attack that the intruder withstood was a set up for a counter-counter attack that came in sequential motion to the enemy’s attack on the user’s body! The burning red sword strikes deep into Kong’s left chest, but the heat causes intense pain that spread towards his throbbing heart where the chi aura can’t reach and engulfed his sense into darkness.

The intruder withdrew the blade slowly from the unconscious Kong’s chest to avoid spilling anymore blood and then face the door to communicate its intent. “Your comrade’s live is on my hand, what will you do?”

A short pause followed by a respond, “I shall guard the door as tasked of me, in case there is further intruder. You will have to leave through the roof or the window, and I shall not pursue in fear of more intruder breaking into the prison.”

-------------------

A light tap on the shoulder of a children signaled them to uncover their eyes and ears. Their wonderful sister Fuxing is back, but she looks a little sun burned. Did the sun come up?

“The way is clear.” Fuxing leads the up to the guard room that looks like it has been ransacked by a monkey and the guard is sleeping towards the wall with a big bedsheet.

Kriling pulls sister Fuxing’s cloth that seem different from before and asks curiously, “why is this uncle sleeping with all these bedsheets in this hot night?” The air in this room is indeed hotter than normal.

Fuxing pats Kriling head and explains, “This uncle is sick, we mustn’t wake him up now. Let’s climb out of the window silently.” She place a chair in front of the window for the children to climb and then opens the window slowly to check for any guard. To her surprise, sister Xioxi was standing outside the building!

“Sister Fuxing!” She quickly covers her mouth to cease shouting in surprise!

“What are you doing her, Xioxi?” Fuxing asked with concern.

Xioxi looks to the left and right to make sure no one is watching before moving closer to replying with lower voice level, “I bribed the guard to let me visit the children, wh-“ She held her mouth with both hand in shock when she was close enough to sees the group of children behind the window.

“I am taking them away, Xioxi! Help me get them through the window!” Fuxing said quickly and swiftly lift a child over the window for Xioxi to get. She only climb out of the window when the last child is moved to the outside, but to Fuxing’s surprise and horror, Xioxi is holding a knife over Little Siew’s neck! “W-what are you doing, sister Xioxi!?” She asked in disbelieve.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Xioxi’s chuckle. “Oh, dear sister Fuxing,” She said with a defiant tone with none of the respect she displayed before, “I did not expect for you to go this far for these children.”

“What is the meaning of this!?” Fuxing shouted at the nice sister who turned traitorous at this important moment. “Did the Fire God sent you?” She questioned her suspicion.

Xioxi laughs heartily. “No! My foolish sister! Do you still think I am the kind and caring sister that you loved so much!?” She pulls Little Siew closer and tighter. The poor girl is beginning to cry.

Disbelieves fills Fuxing’s eyes as she looks at the cruel person in front of her who was used to be the kind and gentle sister. “Why did you do this?” She asked hesitantly. Whatever answers Xioxi provides at this point isn’t going to good.

“Why?” She grins widely and happily at Fuxing question, “I am glad that you asked!” Her grip on the knife tighten and shaking slightly from the excitement. “Because you are always better than ME!” She moves the dagger to point at Fuxing with widen eyes filled with hatred and envy. “Ever since we were young, you have been constantly overshadowing my achievement! You are a flame that is bigger and brighter than me! Do you have any idea how small I feel!? Do you know what is it like to live so close to someone who is so much more superior than you!?” Her grip on Little Siew tightens more and cause the poor girl to scream in pain and struggling to get free, but Xioxi ignores it as she continues, “But now that you are foolishly enough to break the law of the Fire God, I shall become eligible candidate to become the next Great Priest!” She laughs manically!

“Let Little Siew go! She has nothing to do with this!” Fuxing demanded and drew her sword to point at Xioxi whom move her knife back at Little Siew’s neck in respond.

“Nothing to do with this?” Xioxi laughs again. “Oh, sister Fuxing, you truly is oblivious to everything.”

Little Siew cease struggling and begin begging Xioxi, “No! Please don’t tell big sister Fuxing! Please!”

Xioxi’s expression turns ecstatic at Fuxing’s confusion and explains, “You thought Little Siew was a good little girl?” Little Siew plead louder, but Xioxi continues, “This girl has been bullying the poor Kriling into behaving badly in front of you so that she will look good in front of you!”

Little Siew scream out one last “NO!” Before sobbing quietly like a stringless doll hanging on Xioxi’s grip. Fuxing gasped and looks at Kriling for affirmation, and the kid affirms it through avoiding eyes contact and stuttering his leg like he did something wrong.

Xioxi let the speechless Fuxing soak in all the information with glee for a moment before continuing, “Don’t you see, my dear sister? Everything that happen today is your fault!” She points her dagger at Fuxing again, “Because of your superiority, I have to tell Little Siew that seeing the true face of the Fire God will make you very happy!” She laughs, “And this foolish girl managed to pull it off with a little help!” Her grin widens with a maddening expression, “I was so happy to see miserable face of your when I break the news to you!” She laughed so loudly and delirious that her pitch is off like a broken instrument. “But I can’t believe you actually attempting this prison break! Ahh and I even took the time to break your little spells on those guards.”

“Those guards?” Fuxing asked.

“Yes, those two guards in the room that you defeated! Imagine my surprise that you manag-“ Xioxi was interrupted by the sudden pairs of palm striking off her knife and knock her to the ground without Little Siew. It was the guard at the door.

“You!” Fuxing exclaim in surprise, “You were not under my spell!”

The stoic man stands without further movement that contrast with his quick moment from before. He says after a sigh, “I have heard everything.” He stares at Xioxi on the ground, “And I have judged this vile woman to be the culprit for the loss of secrecy of our Fire God.”

Xioxi argues, “Even so, Fuxing has go against the Fire God’s word and attempted a jail break!” She points at Fuxing and orders the guard, “Arrest her!”

Heedful Nan looks back at Fuxing, “As I said, I am guarding the door from further intruder and I found it sneaking around the side of the building.”

“What do yo-“ Fuxing can’t understand what the guard is saying, but the guard cut off her question by gently kicked Little Siew back to her arm.

“Unfortunately, “ Nan continued, “the one with the escaped prisoners threatened the life of my comrade and the lives of the precious sacrifice that the Fire God would want alive.” He turns he head the other way, “I have no choice but to let them escape as my hand are tied from the second intruder.”

A loud firework explosion on the sky shocked both Nan and Fuxing. Xioxi has fired a fireball to alert the other guards! “YOU ARE NOT GETTING AWAY FUXING! YOU ARE NOT GETTING AWAY!” Xioxi shouted maddeningly. Her maniacal laugh was interrupted by the powerful BITCH SLAP palm strike right on her FACE head and knocked her out cold with a big palm mark on her (not so) beautiful face.

Fuxing gave the guard a nods and escapes quickly with the children.

Nan drags Xioxi to the front door to resume his guarding duty. He brainstorms for a better explanation to this mess, but can’t come up anything better at such short notice. He sighed and comments, “It seems I am not very heedful to any orders tonight.” He stares at the unconscious Vigilant Kong in the room, “I blame you, Kong. You should had let me sleep more tonight.” An idea lights up immediately from his last comment, which he swiftly moves himself and Xioxi to a hidden corner and knock himself out.

------------------
“ACHOO!” Lia Ki sneezed again at the chilling wind of the night. When he saw the firework on the sky, he immediately rushes toward the High Priest Building of the Hallway of Fire God as planned. It seems that the worst case scenario has occurred and now he has to someone help Fuxing without looking too traitorous or the prison might be his new home starting tomorrow. Despite his concern, he can’t help but wonders why there is so many furniture tossed outside the building. Table, chair, even the bed was tossed out on the Hallway of Fire God from presumably Fuxing’s room. The random placement of these supposedly obstacles of this level would certainly not deters any guard of the Fire God. In fact, it might slow down her escape with a group of children instead. Ah, speaking of the devil, here she is with the group of children, which is a relieving sight to see, but also worrying.

“Thank you for coming!” Fuxing bowed quickly as she helps the children get through the furniture’s.

“So, what is the plan?” Lia asked as he helps some children cross under the table. “Should I take a few strike from you and pretend I was defeated?”

Fuxing bows again after the last of the children crossed through and reply to Lia, “I am very sorry for the slight discomfort that you might experience from being installed into the Geomantic Formation.”

“Install wha-!?” Lia don’t even have time to ask as he was suddenly lifted up high by Fuxing and set into the formation trap as the activation piece.

------------------

This, my friends, is the Vertical Geomantic Formation with me trapped inside.
How did you get caught in there!?
… It is a very good trap.
Let us through! We will get you out later!
No! It’s a very delicate trap that could collapse and take us all down if you don’t disarm it properly!

It would crushes all my limbs.

And my family Jewel.

Please…

Spare my little flame.

------------------

Fuxing stood miles away from the temple where it’s out of sight for good. She looks at all the exhausted children sleeping peacefully and safely on the wonderful grass field. It would be impossible for the pursuer to find her for a while even if they haven’t given up. No, they won’t give up. Not as long as the Fire God cease the chase, it would be tough to escape the brilliant lights of the Fire God.

The sunrise provides the much needed warm to make her feel better for the first time in this whole ordeal. She took a deep breath to clears her mind of worries, and of her past. It will be hard for her when she has to travel the land and sea to find these children a new home, but she must do it for their future. There is no future for these kids to be tied to a fugitive priest that will be hunted down. She must go into hiding, or find someone powerful for protection to the rest of her life. There is one individual in a certain city that come into mind where she could settled down with a silk shop under her protection…

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 21, 2016

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Spare my little flame.

The best.

THE BEST.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Doctor with a fascination for bone, Dr. Bone (Part Young)

The partial stares of the passerby on the busy street of Tiger’s Sorrow City are attracted towards an uncommon scene of an old person gently caressing a dirty beggar’s leg. Many are grossed out by the potentially man-to-man act of caress at the side of the street that they all pick up their pace to walk away from this unsightly scenery.

“Ohhhh~ Such rigidness from this dirty wrapper of meat! What a waste!” The strange man lamented as he hugs and squeezes hard on the poor beggar’s leg to feel his bone.

“Sir! Please no more! Even I, a beggar, feel embarrass by this!” Jumpy Keo pleaded after the uncomfortable stares and the creepy leg hugging is overwhelming his sense of privacy.

“Not even for two more silver?” The old man palms up two more pieces of silver in front of the beggar without looking away from the leg.

The silvers are quickly snatched into the beggar’s hidden pocket. “Only for a moment more!” Keo demanded. He would had told him to not squeeze his leg, but it’s feel pretty good like a massage, so he let it go. Although, money before shame is his motto, but this is bordering his tolerance with this leg pervert who keep saying nonsense like, “Straight like the bamboo!”, “Strong like a cow!”, “Such poor living condition for the bone.” He lowers his head and closes his eyes to let the weird man do what he wants. A beggar has no pride. They are at the mercy of the world.

“Hey! Wake up!” A familiar voice yelled to rudely awakes the beggar who had fallen asleep from the wonderful massage, but the voice wasn’t followed by a familiar kick to the stomach.

Keo woke up to look at the source of the voice that he fears, indeed, it is the boys at the Tiger Gang. He would had stood up immediately to pay his respect to the much feared ganger of the street, but he quickly realizes the wonderful sensation on his l- That creepy old man is still squeezing his leg! That feels good-No, that is creepy! “Hey!” Keo yelled, “Let go of me!”

The old man let go, satisfactions fills his wide ginning face, and to the dissatisfaction of Keo’s leg.

Keo considers charging him more silvers for the extra time that he had- He shivers - ‘played with his leg’. Is he no different than a love seller on the street? All these will have to be address later, for he needs to address the goons of the Tiger Gang who is giving him weird look that is worse than their usual stink eyes. He stood up, but not too high, then bow down on all four in a kowtow position to the gang members, “Greetings, great and powerful man of Tiger!” He recites the sentence that’s drilled into his body.

The leader of the group nods his head, but give no permission for Keo to rise from the submissive position. “It’s good that you remember to pay your due respect to the Tiger Gang…” He glances at the poorly hidden stash of silvers at Keo’s begging spot, “But don’t forget to pay your protection fee…” He glances at the old man in disgust, “And a little more to overlook whatever gross jobs you do at the side.”

Keo looks up with pleading eyes, “No! It’s not what you thin-“ He can’t finish his sentence as the leader’s foot stepped on Keo’s head and push it back on the ground.

“Who give permission for you to raise your head!?” The leader shouted loudly next to Keo’s ear. Other beggars and bystanders ignores the scene as if nothing is happening.

“So-sorry, sir! Please accept my tributes to the great Tiger Gang!” Keo yields with both man extended far as if the group leader is the Emperor himself.

The leader chuckle sadistically with a shrewd snore, “Good, good.” He turns towards the other members, “Takes all his silvers, boys.”

“A-ALL!?” Keo said with surprise and visible shaking.

The force of the foot on Keo’s head increased, causing Keo to press so hard against that he can’t speak or breath properly. “Ye got a problem!?” The leader shouted to the beggar.

“Mhmm, mmmm!” Is all Keo can reply with his head shaking left and right violently on the ground.

“Good!” The leader let go of his leg and Keo gasp for air as the goon takes his hard earned silvers, but his head was pushed back into the earth by the leader, “Who say you can raise your head so high!? Do you want me to break your legs again? Huuuh!?”

“Again?” The old man asked in horrific shock that he did not displayed before.

The leaders turn to the old man and explain gleefully the beauty of the act, “Yesss! We break their legs so they look more pitiful and they can’t run away!” He raises his palm out, “If you don’t want that to happen to you, then I suggest you hand over some si-“

“SO YOU ARE THE ONE WHO LEAVE THAT MARK ON MY PRETTY BONE!” The old man screamed angrily.

“AHHHHHHGAHHHASAEGJ!” The group leader screamed as something seem to blows him away with great force.

“ST-AUGHTAEGHGAH-AHHHHHH!” The two other goon screamed as something else also blows them away with great force.

By the time Keo raised his head up to see what happened, all three of the Tiger Gang member was flying and landing down the far side of the street. The old man stands there hunching forward with his arms on the back and continues yelling, “DON’T YOU STUPID KIDS TOUCH THESE BONE! YOU HEAR? THIS ONE IS MINE!”

The shocked group of Tiger Gang crawl back up unsteadily and warns, “W-we will remember this! Yo-“

“MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEEE!” The old man roared like a lion that can’t be possible to produce with that frail body of his. It frightened the gangster so much that they crawl and run as fast as they could from this mad man. “AND STAY OUT!” The old man then grumbles a bunch of staff like how kids these day don’t appreciate proper bone structure to support the five median system and drinking the require amount of chicken bone soup to refill the needed chicken bone that we have(?). It’s all too medically technical(?) for Keo to understand and comprehend what happened. After a while of incessant grumping that ends in cursing the Tiger Gang’s thirteenth ancestor, the old man turns to Keo with a demand unreasonably, “Take me to the hideout of this ‘Tiger Gang’!”

Keo is hesitant, but finally asks, “Why would you want to visit the great Tiger Gang?”

“I have a bone to pick with them.” He answered seriously.

“I-I can’t! They will kill me if I bring you to them!” Keo refused fearfully with both hand waving hard to make his point clear.

“Not even with two silvers?” The old man bargained.

“N-no!” Keo answered with a short hesitancy.

“Five silvers?” The old man increased the offer.

There is a slight pause before Keo reply with a weak “No.”

“You drive a hard bargain, boy.” The old man commented as he strokes his beard and seems to calculating a new offer in his mind. Then, with a slow gesture to focus on his hand, it reaches into his sleeve, and slowly pulls out a bag of something heavy. “One hundred silvers.” The old man offered.

Keo’s jaw dropped at this astronomical amount that we never thought to gain. He is frozen still by indecision and sweating bullets, weighting pro and con on the offer and his life, and ultimately, “… NO!” He covered his eyes to isolated himself from the temptation that is one hundred meat buns! His mouth salivates at the thoughts of so many luxurious meat buns.

The old man steps closer, “I see. You value your life more than money.” He nods approvingly. “I can appreciate people that values their own bone.”

“Y-yes,” Keo figures out the best answer to make the old man to stop pestering him for this and say, “They will break all my bones if I take you there!”

The old man then ponders what Keo said for a long moment and then he commented, “Indeed, I might not be able to protect you at all time.” He started walking in circle on Keo, which makes it looks like a weird scene of an old man trying to exorcise a ghost from Keo. After what seems like fifty circling, the tireless old man then declares loudly to the shock of Keo, “I GOT IT!”

“Wh-what is it?” Keo asked, and immediately regret asking it because it most certainly isn’t anything good coming from this crazy old man.

The old man grips both Keo’s shoulder, hard enough to reach the bone, and tell him the good news. “Good news, boy! I am going to teach you Kung Fu! So you can kick the Tiger Clan’s rear end!”

“Huh?” Keo drew a blank from his brain as he can’t process the fact that he is going to kick the Tiger clan’s(?) rear end and that is a good new? “Huh?” He ‘huh’ again.

“You. Are. Going. To. Learn. Kung. Fu.” The old man stated slowly and clear at the disciple that is clearly too happy to process the good news!

Keo nods dumbly at understanding the part about learning Kung Fu, and then shakes his head because he doesn’t want to learn Kung Fu.

The old man continues, “And. You. Are. Going. To. Break. Some. Tiger. Bone!”

The is a very long pause for Keo to stares at the crazy old man in disbelieve. He pushes the old man away, but he was (to the shame of Keo) more sturdy than Keo and he was push away from the sturdiness instead. “No! NO!” He screamed and waving his hand.

The old man frowns. “You refuses because you fear death?” He asked.

Keo nod his head from heaven to earth repeatedly in agreement.

The old man frowns again and state sagely as he strokes his beard, “Very well, we will do this the hard way.” He moves closer.

Keo’s instinct screams at him to escape, which he does, but the old man grab him by the leg to make him fall and then he was flip over and carried over the old man’s shoulder.

“Someone help me!” Keo screams for help as he hits the back of the old man. Obviously, no one give a darn for a beggar being kidnapped by crazy old man.

“Thanks for the back massage, boy!” The old man praised with a laugh. “These old bone of mine sure needs the knocking!”

Keo screamed and demand answered from his kidnapper. “Where are you taking me!?”

“Your new home!” The old man answered cheerily.

“I don’t want a new home!” Keo refuted, but he has already ceased struggling against this strangely robust old man.

“Too bad!” The old man yell back. “I am going to get rid of this beggar life of yours and make you embrace a better lifestyle!”

“WHY!?” Keo asked.

The old man strokes his beard for he must stroke his beard when he is about to says something wise after all! And the wise answer he says, “Because that good quality leg bone of yours is too precious to be living in that terrible sack of meat that’s covering it!”

“WHAT!?” Keo can’t understand what the old man is say, but he will in the years to come.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Wow. I want to hear more about this weirdo but I also want Filial Child to stay the hell away from him.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
New favorite.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So on one hand, I'm really liking Fuxing, but on the other hand I'm pretty sure one of our most important contacts is a Fire Priestess, so that would be kinda tricky

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Doctor with a fascination for bone, Dr. Bone (Part Bone)

Keo and the old man sits at the side of the busy street like a… Beggar. They watch the hectic activities of people shopping and haggling for a bok choi over a silver. He would too, because he is a beggar. The old man next to him, however, is a doctor according to him. This person who calls himself Dr. Guto has kidnapped him, threatened him, and forced him to train in martial art to destroy the much feared Tiger Gang. Keo don’t even know where to begin on how wrong all of things and expectations that is happening to him, for starter, who kidnapped only him? Because he has a “great pair of fine leg bones” as the mad man said, and he used some strange term to threatens him, for example: poking his Gushing Spring Po-

------------------------------------------------------------
You dropped the letters on your hand from sudden weakness caused by the remembrance of the horrific experience that cured your chi imbalance issue. It’s fine. Everything is fine. You gather the papers up just in time for Uncle Liu to come back from the bathroom. Good, you feel courageous with your beloved adopted parent around and can finish the last of this story for good!
------------------------------------------------------------

-int, which supposed to be something extraordinary painful and also rejuvenating? Anyhow, he is sitting here like a beggar as he is, and a random kind sir and tossed a silver off his way. Keo reflexively reach for the silver on the ground, but Dr. Guto slaps his hand away and tell him, “Focus! We aren’t here to beg! But to OBSERVE!”

Yes, the mad doctor dragged him out at the street to observes…

“BONES!” The doctor emphasizes the subject of their observation by giving it a long but momentary pause and standing up with his hand holding an imaginary bone. “Do you know why the BONES is the greatest part of a human being?”

“I don’t really c-“ Keo don’t care for the old man’s silly philosophy, but the old man continues his lecture anyway.

“Think about it!” He points his finger at his head as he leans close to emphasize the thinking part.

Keo wants to shut off his mind and sleep - Preferably forever, but the old man would do something crazy to him if he does. Word of advice to everyone: You don’t want to piss off crazy people. Keo’s thoughts was interrupted when the old man sudden grips his shoulder deeply to the bone and asks, “Are you listening? What is the last thing I said?”

“Uhh…” Keo thinks deep for what the old man has said, and all he can recalls is something about bone, “Bone?”

The old man’s grip relaxed and he nods appreciatively. “Good, you are listening.” Keo have a feeling that bone is always the right answers for this mad man. “Now, let’s continue.” He points to the ground, “If you had ever done any grave digging before, you will notice that besides the jewelry and rotting coffin, the BONE is the one that survives undaunted by the harsh weather of the land nor the decomposing power of the earth!” He dug up some soils to emphasize the point as he leans closer… there’s a beetle in it. “BONE, is the only thing that survives even after one hundred years!” He pours the soils back to the earth. That beetle landed on unscathed. “Even Death itself, can’t claim BONE!” The old man’s eye widens into a maddening gaze as if he solved the secret of the world. Technically he did have a point, but Keo isn’t going to agree with some mad man over some dumb fact. Oh, the beetle flew away. That sure was distracting. “I can see it in your eyes, boy!” The old man shouted his attention back into this world, “Your eyes has wondered into the world of BONES! And you have achieving your path toward enlightenment of BONES!” He looked so happy like he found his long lost son as he made that ever going speech about BONES, but he finally sat down beside him with a pat on Keo’s back and says, “Let’s continue our observation.”

A voluptuous lady in high standing costume walking past the duo, and Dr.Guto asks his apprentice of bone, “What do you think of that woman?”

Nodding approvingly, Keo answers, “That’s a fine masterpiece of femininity if I ever s- GUHH!“ He bits his tongue a little when the old man slaps on his head.

“Not her grossly fat sack of meats that are on display, you idiot!” Dr. Guto slaps the beggar’s head again. The lady turns toward him with the most shocked and offended expression at the loud doctor. “Look deeper! Into the bone!” He ignored the woman’s stare of expecting an apology.

“How can I see the bone!?” Keo argued at the impossible task while trying to ignore the woman’s stare of expecting an apology, which she turns to leave angrily without muttering a word. Such refined manners.

Dr. Guto points at the lady’s hip with a serious expression, “You figure it out by the curve of the body and the growth of the meat.” All Keo sees is one fine curvy rear end. The doctor continues, “Judging by the amount of uneven distribution of meat on her bosom and bottom with a very thin stomach in between, we can safely assume she attempted weight loss to highlight her female proportion.” The back of the woman is quickly fading into the distant corner, but Dr. Guto has completed his analysis, “She might be fine now, but both emphasized weight will slowly stress out the spine and cause her back problem later in her life. No matter how strong her back bone is, they can’t support those two pile of meat from the sinking heaven and the pulling earth slowly crushing the middle man into a pulp.”

Keo just gaze at the weirdly mystical explanation of a fabulous woman’s late life back problem that he can’t tell if it accurate or not. It’s certainly something new. Then the main question come to his mind, “What’s the point of looking at bone?”

Dr. Guto turns toward Keo with the super wiseass expression while stroking his wise beard necessary to explains, “How else are you going to crush your opponent’s bone without seeing it?”

-----------------------------------------
Two Week Later… Keo is punching the wooden dummy next to a skeleton dummy that is ‘too advance’ for him to punch. He is slowly developing real muscle from the rigorous training with heavy equipment and iron ball ties to his leg. Yes, iron ball. The doctor said it is to develop his leg bone, but it’s clearly there to make sure he can’t escape. Sigh, at least he doesn’t need to worry about food now that the old man is providing him for everything. It’s surprising how effective his soreness treatment is on the back massage and herbal bath. It’s a pretty nice life until his eventual death at the Tiger Gang.

The wooden entrance door swings open by Dr. Guto with a blood stained robe. Keo would had went over to check on the old man, but, you know, iron ball. So instead, he shouts out his bare minimum concern to his benefactor, “Are you alright?”

The doctor seems very alert and focus. He replies with his usual strong tone, “I am fine! These are just the Tiger Gang’s blood.”

“What!?” Did the Tiger Gang recognize him and assaulted the doctor!? Keo feels a little bit responsible for dragging the old man into this mess.

“I went ahead and removed the Tiger Gang from this town.” Dr. Guto said with a sigh of a good workout.

Keo’s jaw dropped for a good few minutes.

“Why did you stop punching the dummy? Keep going!” Dr. Guto ordered at the stunned apprentice (of bone).

“You wiped out the Tiger Gang?” Keo forced himself asks this question before going back to his shocked mode.

The doctor knocks on his tired back nonchalantly as he replies, “Yes. I make sure all of them can’t lift anything heavier than a dagger with their proficient hand for the rest of their life.”

“That is such a cruel punishment for a couple of ganger”, Keo thought to himself, but he has a more concerning question for himself that he should ask first, “Then what’s the point of my training!?”

The old man snapped back at him annoyed, “It’s been two weeks and you still can’t break a chicken bone! So I have no choice but to take care of the annoyance myself, you stupid disciple (of bone)!”

“Do you think I can become a kung fu master in two weeks!?” Keo questioned the old man logically in disbelieve. “Do I look like I ever went to school or have a side job in heavily lifting!?”

“Ah hell,” The old man says regretfully, “What had I gotten myself into.”

“WHAT HAD I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO!” Keo stated the statement that should had been made by him. “AND I CAN TOTALLY CURSH A CHICKEN BONE!”

Four Months later. Keo is arguing with Dr. Guto again.

“No! That’s not how you de-bone a goddamned chicken!” Keo argued while pointing out a recently cut open chicken in the kitchen table.

“I am a doctor! A BONE doctor! I know how to cut this stupid chicken, you stupid apprentice (of bone)!” Dr. Guto argued back heatedly with spit spraying on the chicken unsanitary.

Keo holds up his kitchen knife and points threateningly at the doctor, “And I am a beggar! I know how to get the meat from every hidden nook and cranny of a piece of goddamn fricking bone!”

Dr. Guto holds up his kitchen cleaver and points threateningly at the beggar, “Who care about the meat! It’s all about getting the best of the bone!” He stabs the cleaver angrily down on the table deep. “And with the best tool for cutting bone!”

Keo stabs his knife angrily into the table with similar depth, which is much more difficult than a cleaver, “I’m not starving to death with these goddamn bones, you bone head! The bone need meat just as much as meat need bone!” He punches the knife handle and make it propel it to the table and into the floor. “And my beggar honor will not let you skip out on those fine chicken meats that can be savaged!”

Dr. Guto also punches the handle of his cleaver through the table and into the floor, which is much more difficult than a knife. He retorts with what might be the greatest ranting of an old man in history: “What the boney buck did you just bonking say about bone, you little ungrateful little chicken bone!? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my medical class in the doctor academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous surgery in the war, and I have over 300 confirmed post-surgery survivors living and breathing! I trained in bone removal and I’m the top de-boner in the entire medical team! You are nothing to me but just another bone! I will wipe your bone out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this world, mark my goddamn words. You think you can get away with saying that baloney to me over this pile of chicken bone!? Think again, dumbass! As we speak I am deboning this chicken with my BARE HANDS without any tools and these FINGERS will trace down every bone so you better prepare for the BONE SOUP, maggot! The soup that wipes out the pathetic little thing you called meat. You’re going to enjoy this BONE SOUP, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can debone you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed deboning, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the royal bone removal manual and I use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little beggar! If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little ‘clever’ comment was about to bring down upon your throat, maybe you would have held your useless tongue. But you couldn’t’, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price with this deboned chicken, you goddamn idiot! I will stew fury all over this chicken and you will drown in the soup. You’re so drinking this, kiddo!”

Eight years later, Keo laughing happily as he returns to his home to tell Dr. Guto the good news. “Ha, ha, ha! Master! I did it! I took out the Phoenix Claw Gang all by myself! And without blood on my robe!” He shows his robe to the bedridden old man with has finally succumb to the disease of old age.

Dr. Guto cough a little on his bed before replying, “About drat time you did something useful for the world, you slow witted beggar.”

Keo sits down, the smile reminds on his face, “And I make sure they all can’t lift more than a dagger with their proficient hand.”

The doctor chuckled a little at the replicated cruelty of his student. “I suppose I should be proud of you, my student.” He commented with relief.

“Guess what? I found something on the mouth of a dog on my way home!” Keo said as he pull out a large bone from inside his robe.

“Ohhh…” Dr. Guto inspect the bone intensively, “This is a precious sample. A horse bone that must had ran for thousand miles.”

Keo nods. “This is going to the collection, master.”

Dr. Guto lend back to his bed as he says reply, “Of course.”

There’s a short awkward pause between then, but Dr. Guto broke the silence but asking, “So what is your plan now that you have completed the task I forced upon you, Keo?”

The smile on Keo never left his face as he answers, “From today on, Keo the Beggar is no more.”

“Oh?” Dr. Guto closes his eyes as he is relieved to know the man has chosen to not return to the life of beggar.

“From now on,” Keo said with a pause for emphasis, “I shall be known as Doctor Bone.”

Dr. Guto laughs heartily with his last breath and leave his old bone behind in sastifaction.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Nyaa posted:

“What the boney buck did you just bonking say about bone, you little ungrateful little chicken bone!? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my medical class in the doctor academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous surgery in the war, and I have over 300 confirmed post-surgery survivors living and breathing! I trained in bone removal and I’m the top de-boner in the entire medical team! You are nothing to me but just another bone! I will wipe your bone out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this world, mark my goddamn words. You think you can get away with saying that baloney to me over this pile of chicken bone!? Think again, dumbass! As we speak I am deboning this chicken with my BARE HANDS without any tools and these FINGERS will trace down every bone so you better prepare for the BONE SOUP, maggot! The soup that wipes out the pathetic little thing you called meat. You’re going to enjoy this BONE SOUP, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can debone you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed deboning, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the royal bone removal manual and I use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little beggar! If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little ‘clever’ comment was about to bring down upon your throat, maybe you would have held your useless tongue. But you couldn’t’, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price with this deboned chicken, you goddamn idiot! I will stew fury all over this chicken and you will drown in the soup. You’re so drinking this, kiddo!”
:golfclap:

:dunkedon:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You breathe a sigh of relief for finally finishing all five stories in a single night! That felted like a four-month long odyssey of hardship fully experienced in characters! You flip to the back of the last letter to see if there’s any more tale because the doctor’s story seems to be a bit rushed with the time skips… Yes! There’s a short block of note that you would had missed if you aren’t such a dedicated reader! The note reads:

Dear Filial Child, I have heard of your affliction,
May this method help you prevent its minor reoccurrence,
Pinch your nose for a moment when it happens,
Also drink some bone soup for healthy bone.

You have doubt of pitching your nose would stop that from happening, but you don’t really need it since you have been keeping your promise of absenting from chi experiment. You never want to get poked again.

Learned Nose Pitch Method!

Your bone shivers at the thought of getting poked and the ideas of drinking a hot warm soup does sounds wonderful. Anyhow, you place the last letter on the table and kept the scholar’s letter to yourself for academic reference instead of ripping it off for that cliffhanger.

Gained Masterwork Calligraphy Letter

“I see you have read all the letters.” Uncle Liu commented while stroking his beard and sips his tea with the other hand. “I’m surprised that you managed to stay awake till now without getting sleepy.”

You turn your head to look out the window and notice the moon is up high in the night sky! Has time really passed so much in your reading? You turn back to look at Uncle Liu, and he understands your realization of staying awake pass curfew and chuckled a little before addressing your concern.

“This must be your first time cerebrating Chinese New Year.” You nod to affirm his statement and Uncle Liu looks up to the moon as he continues, “Then, as your adopted parent, let me tell you the story of Nian (year).

Long ago, there is a horrible demon creature named Nian who lives in the mountains. It awakes on every first day of the year to cause havoc on the village to eat all grain and livestock. Any children who stayed pass their curfew outside their home would disappear.

One day of the new year, an old man decided to keep watch outside instead of locking himself in their home like other villagers. That night, Nian did not come. The old man revealed himself to be a god and told them the beast is easily scared and do not like the color red. It fears loud noise and strange creatures, so, before the god leaves, he advised the village to spread red across the village, make loud noise with drum and music. Give children face mask, lantern, and red envelope filled with money so the beast will be scared of them and the children will stay in the village to buy treats with their money.

The village do so, and so again for years after, thus, Nian never appears again.

You clap your hands at the end of the wonderful story time from Uncle Liu. He smiles happily at your appreciation of the old tale, but his smile faded slightly when he says, “I would prefer you stay up late when you are a little old, my child… But this might be the last year we have together.”

You recalled the foretold death of your Uncle Liu this year by someone in your dream and you begin to cry. Uncle Liu gives you a hug and pats your back to makes you feel a little better. “There, there, my boy.” He rubs your back as you hiccup in your silence grieve. “Everyone have their time to leave. I am sorry for not being there for you longer.” You shake your buried head in his thigh. He sighed, “Heaven has been cruel to you for taking two fathers away from you, but I’m sure they have a good reason.” You asked what is the reason, and he answered, “I do not know, but please understand that heaven is always on the side of human; the gods are there to help us like the god in the story of Nian. Please don’t curse them for your cruel fate, and live a happy life after I am gone.”

You cry loudly as sadness overwhelm you.

And you fell asleep in the embrace of your second father.

neigh...

You woke up the next morning, feeling normal but not as hyper as yesterday. You seem to have a weird dream about… A horse? Did you recall what it is about?
A) Yes.
B) Yes, but only a few key scenes of extreme low quality vivid imagery.
C) No.
D) Write-in

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

B. It's pretty much a requirement that foreshadowing dreams have to be cryptic and weird and easily-misinterpretable.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
Agreed.

B

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
B

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
A

I don't see much of a difference between remembering a cryptic full dream or half of one.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Let's bone up on horse dreams.

B

We also learned something from a letter! Yay!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Vote closed. Time to boot up that mspaint.

Eta: Monday

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Vivid imagery it is. :hr:

Kegslayer posted:

I don't see much of a difference between remembering a cryptic full dream or half of one.
It's a difference between light novel and children storybook! :v:

Warrior of Revenge, Coffin Maker Shizen (Part D) posted:

The following (Horse perspective) are not included in the letter, but Filial Child will dream about it later that night.

------------------------------

Warhorse: Part 1 - Grudge of the Past

Warhorse: Part 2 - Eternal Servitude

Warhorse: Part 3 - Wraith of the Past

Warhorse: Part 4 - Punishment of the Survivor

Warhorse: Part 5 - Freedom

Warhorse: Part 6 - All Alone

Warhorse: Part 6 - Refugee

Warhorse: Part 7 - Hymn to the Fallen

Warhorse: Part 10 - Honouring the Dead

-------------------------

You can now involve Karl into any coincidental situation caused by your use of Chivalrous Joss. His tale will continue whenever you summon him through the power of coincident, but he can only summon for Chivalrous action.

Happy FREEDOM DAY :911:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 4, 2016

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
A summons! Yay!

(I thought he might be the hidden teacher)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Wentley posted:

(I thought he might be the hidden teacher)
(Not him)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You sits on your bed for a good five minutes processing what you just remembered and concluded it's just another random dream that makes absolutely no sense even to a child. Or maybe it's too deep(?) for a child to comprehend? You will probably forget about it later. What's more urgent now is to find Uncle Liu and make your decision on the master. You don't really have much chance to give it a thought, but reading their stories does makes it somewhat easier (and harder for some) to decide.

True to his daily habit, Uncle Liu can be found in the main hall sipping his tea every day, and then go to the teahouse to sip more tea with his friends. He really like those tea there. You don't really have much of a taste for tea yet, and your favoite drink is the soup from Seafood Noodle Soup. Nothing can top that! Now you want some Seafood Noodle Soup for breakfast... Ah, you have to pick your part-time job later too. You always get a free meal at the Seafood Noodle Soup job, but your noodle master, Nood, has reassures you that you have mastered all there is to make Seafood Noodle Soup on your own. So you might want to pursuit something more advance, like the fabled Jumbo Seafood Noodle Soup that is famous in another city. Oh, you are mentally rambling about Seafood Noodle Soup again. You just can't stop thinking about Seafood Noodle Soup. It's part of your life, and it's greatly distracting you from choosing two important choices for later! Darn it! If only one of those masters are a chef or include their proficiency in cooking noodle! You feel you will be gravely disappointed if your chosen master can't cook noodle! Maybe the scholar who knows everything would be able to cook noodle? AH! You are distracted again! But thankfully, something new in the scene of the main hall pull your focus back into it.

"Good morning, Uncle Liu and mister." You bow to both adults in the main hall respectively, which they receives warmly with similar courteousness.

"Ahh, this must be the Filial Child! What an honor!" The unknown person of middle age greeted you happily, his tired eyes and squared chin does makes it looks more threatening than pleasant. He wears a silk robe that's indicates his is rich or come from a influential family, maybe both. You can see him eyeing you analytically, quite similar to how Li Foil's mom does it all the time. Some adult are like that, you suppose.

Uncle Liu introduces him with a respectful gesture, "My child, this person is Log Tang, from the Tang Family." Tang give you a slight bows, which is more than what people would usually do for a child. How nice! Your foster father continues, "He is here for business today, but I have delayed his offering until this day because it is relevant to you."

Log Tang bows again, and says, "Allow me to explain." He gesture you to have a seat, and he waits until you are fully seated before continues. "I understands that Mr. Liu is planning to invest in a new business with the plot of land that he owns, and he has deferred his decision to you for your potential chi master's respective business. " He looks at Uncle Liu for verification and received an affirmed nod from him before turning back to you, "And here's where I comes in." He stood up proudly and narrates the glories of his family, "My family has been in operating in this city for decades as a Martial Art school that produced many fine students that contributed greatly to the wellness of the city. In fact, some of our best soldiers in war are from our school!" He lowers his wide spread arm on the air with a hint sadness, " Now, my brother has inherited the main school from my father, it's up to me to start a new branch in a different section of the city caters to new demographic group with... Lesser income. I believe that no matter who, disadvantaged or not, deserve to learn the great teaching our ancestor not just for profit, but also the good of mankind!"

"Well said." Uncle Liu claps his hand, but remind in his poker face, this means business. "I believe you have other details to inform of my Filial Child?"

Log Tang raises one of his eyebrow momentary before shifted back to a smile towards you. "Yes," He answer, "As you might be wondering, why this plot of land of Mr. Liu? Well, that's because we have checked the Feng Shui all over the city and concluded this available plot of land is the most fortune compatible with our family, and that's why I am here!" He looks at you with a grin that's like expecting a resounding yes from you immediately, but you know better than to accepts offer without more information as Uncle Liu has taught you.

Uncle Liu stroking his beard slowly with a slight but unnoticeable way of sitting that makes him look superior to the client that even you can't really see, but definitely could feel his hard-bargaining aura radiating from through this experienced merchant. He asks, "I believe you have more... Details you wishes to share?"

Log Tang sweats a little, "I see you have researched my family well, Mr. Liu," His commented with a deeper tone of annoyance, then sits down to sip a tea, clearly to think up something or calm down a bit. He continues after a long sipping of that small cup of tea, "Indeed, the Tang Family is considered an Unorthodox Faction for the uses of poison-But it's certainly nothing like the Bane of Wulin!"

"Poison isn't a honorable way to fight others, but it's certainly a very effective method in hunting animal." Uncle Liu stated fairly of its pro and con while stroking his wise beard.

The nervous Log Tang stood up again, "Please, allow me to demonstrate." He appealed to you and Uncle Liu, which he receive approval to take out his weapon from his... Sleeve...

It's a needle the size of the man's finger. He turns toward the front door without taking a step.

He lifts his hand up is a straight position pointing on a tree branch with a yellow bird. The needle disappeared from his hand with a flick.

Almost immediately, the branch falls off with the bird (now green) still holding to the branch dead.

Taking the momentum of your shock/interest of his feat, Log Tang makes you this offer: "Filial Child, If you will accept my Family business to thrive in that plot of land, I will make you a student for free either in name or purely business association. You can choose to have no tie with us, but we will teach you this art of throwing anything at range to harm your target, and even the way of poison if you find it to be in your interest. We also have a good personal chi master that our family hired to assist with your needs." He gives you a slight bow and awaits you answer.

You looks to Uncle Liu, who merely stroking his beard as he waits for your answer.

This may be one of the most important choice you are going to make in your life. Which master should you choose?
A) The man who wield a coffin (of his wife) as weapon to seek revenge for his wife. He is crazy strong, tough, and maybe a little crazy when it comes to grudge. That is, assuming every insane feat in letter is real. He plans to open up a coffin making shop to retire back to his old trade now that he have his revenge. Warrior of Revenge, Coffin Maker Shizen.
B) The Ex-Priest of Fire who rescued a bunch of children from a children sacrificing cult. She will stays here under the protection of someone powerful and start up a silk shop after she found a home for all the children. Ex-Priest of Fire, Silk Seller Fuxiang.
C) A great actor who infiltrated the fortress of bandit to later use his gathered knowledge to help them reintegrate back to society. He seems to forget to write what he business he plans to start or maybe because he cut off his story to leave you that cliffhanger! Courtier who moves at the speed of words, Actor Hei
D)The mastermind behind the Reeducation program for the bandits. He orchestrated the whole thing, but it seem he become the evil villain near the end? He is an egotistic oddball, but his knowledgeable prediction rarely never failed so far. Bizarre Scholar, Antique Collector Jou Jong
E) The apprentice turned doctor of a weird doctor with a fascination for bone. He included a nose pitching method in the letter to help relieve your symptom, which you haven't have the chance to test it out, but you can assume he knows what he is doing because he is a doctor? He also been a beggar in the past with a deceased father figure, so you feel you can really relate to him. Doctor with a fascination for bone, Dr. Bone.
F) A businessman of the Tang Family who wishes to use that plot of land of your Uncle Liu to start his martial art school. His technique is fast and deadly with apparently frowned-upon usage of poison. He can tell he is a real deal because he display his skill right in front of you! You can even have no tie with them beside attending their school and learn their martial arts for free! Log Tang of the Tang Family
G) I need more time to decide. Delay one month.
H) Write-in

It has also occurs to you that you could use that bag of gold to buy a new land and house for a second master. However, you promised you would use this 3/4 share of gold to buy something for your friends Li Foil, Ba Baba, and Snow. They expect the Filial Child to get something awesome for them, and Snow certainly expect something amazing in exchange for the MASSIVE wealth that she entrusted to you! Also, would it be counterproductive to have two masters? This is all worth considering...
I) Yes, spend that bag of gold to buy a new business for your new master. You would certainly earn a share of their profit... If it's profitable.
J) No, I should save this bag of gold for something more important or emergent.
K) Write-in

You can ask both man any questions.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

BJ

Fire! Fire!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

AJ

Fire is good, but coffins are better.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

B O N E S

EJ

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Actor Hei is the best and synergies well with our battle poetry.

CJ

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
We actually know that Actor Hei is a good teacher/mentor, we can't say for sure about the others. CJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
EJ

It's the dream of every parent to have their son become a doctor.

Don't let down our dead parents Filial Child!